It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google glasses - Good or Bad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Was skimming through MSM and found out Google is releasing a new type of HUD glasses, which look like your regular Oakley Gascan's. This is extremely exciting to see technology taking a new direction, however, this can also be bad. Towards the end it is said that they are having an issue with letting the person knowing if and when they are being filmed. Anyway, searched on ATS saw that there weren't any threads on this yet so here it is.. what do you guys think?

Also, you can watch a news segment on Fo xNews as well.

edit on 22-2-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Think its great. Augmented reality. Wicked! However, all they need to do now is make it able to read my brain waves to let me control an in-build web-browser ;-)

However if they can read my brain waves, its not too long before they can interact with my brain-waves ;-P

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I imagine ATS will be a lot more active once these things take off

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
Towards the end it is said that they are having an issue with letting the person knowing if and when they are being filmed.

They're referring to the person who the person wearing the glasses is looking at, not the person wearing them.

I have a pair of 'spy glasses' that look exactly the same as these.. pretty shonky quality, but I've walked around the super market wearing them and no one knew I was recording them.. well, maybe the big ear plugs bunged on the side could give it away, but I wore a hat... it doubles as an MP3 player.

I don't wear them anymore, because it would only be a matter of time before someone noticed and thought I was some pervert or something.. lol..

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You know what I love about the Google?
During the cold war, during duck and cover drills,
I got to look up the pretty teacher dress as I was under my desk.
I have fond memory's of a cold war, and she knew I was looking up her dress.
So lets record cold wars, but don't go home and tell your mother, if you can't handle your mother calling your teacher a whore.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I own oakleys that don't have that....Ill pass,to old to keep up.Unless the children try me...freaks.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Yes, I got that.. thanks for clarifying though
I guess I didn't make it clear

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Ahh
my bad, just anything with google and recording things, people will jump to conclusions!!

This is what mine look like. I'm pretty sure anyone noticing someone wearing these would be on the "Am I being recorded" defensive.. Still, google could always put a led on the front, blue for passive, red for recording, etc.. if they wanted to make it obvious.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Towards the end it is said that they are having an issue with letting the person knowing if and when they are being filmed

I have a hard time believing that the company who drives up and down your street taking pictures of your house and posting them on the web is too worried about invasion of privacy.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

LOL
I bet they are only worried about law suits...
and brain tumors from the wireless

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

You already have a pair?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
reply to post by mainidh

You already have a pair?

No, these are just super secret Spy Glasses that I can record my shenanigans on as I trapse around the country side.

No HUD in these.. just really bad audio, short battery life and pretty poor video recording.

Posted as a point to say, if anyone was worried youd be recorded by super sleuth glasses, they wayhey!! this is what they look like already!!

Kinda like my super sneako spy PEN I got, but then was shocased on one episode of Smallville.. Damn you Lois Lan, Damn you!!

join