It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Rep Debate's "Frothy Santorum" sign tonight on tv....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
During the Arizona Republican Debate on CNN this evening....

CNN opted to zoom in on a person holding up a "Frothy Santorum" sign that said: " "Frothy" Santorum Lube & Fecal Matter"

VIDEO:
ireport.cnn.com...

I think Main Stream Media knows they do this. Certainly there was a delay, and people watching what was aired, I would think.

This was not a fluke, it lasted for more than a few seconds (I count 10 seconds), and they zoomed in on the sign!

I don't know what else to say about this. Unbelievable. And, not too professional.

No, I have no intentions of voting for Santorum. But no one deserves this on prime time's "Most trusted name in news" CNN.

I'd be surprised if this is not on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart or on the Colbert Report later this week on Comedy Central. (Yes, I'm a fan)

What do ATSers think of this?

Mistake? Fluke? On purpose?

edit on 22-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: add some stuff

edit on 22-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: add top line

edit on 22-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: Changed title

edit on 22-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: add *10 seconds

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Yes they can make it pretty obvious and blatant. But I'm surprised you think of CNN as a trusted News Outlet -

second

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is what I think....

Des

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
haha I saw that...omg...ALL the signs were pro paul maybe one newt sign ,,mainly veto romney signs,,cant beleive you think thats not cool,,he totally deserves it,,so glad PAUL shut him down tonight.
edit on 22-2-2012 by avatard because: mispelling

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I also noticed after the debate, while paul was being interviewed ,,this man and a woman in the background pointing at Paul and the interviewer like they were going to tell on him for interviewing Paul,,they looked mad,,anybody notice that?........great post i was wondering if anyone else saw that...good eye..detail is where its at

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I don't know what else to say about this. Unbelievable. And, not too professional.

Yeah... almost as unprofessional as alienating an entire demographic by invoking a deity. Almost as unprofessional as making up complete lies about other nations like the Netherlands. Almost.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Who made up lies about the Netherlands? One of the candidates?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
reply to post by Cuervo

Who made up lies about the Netherlands? One of the candidates?

Yeah. Santorum made up complete stories about how you need cards so doctors don't euthanize you or some such nonsense. The dude is not only out of touch but he also doesn't have access to Wikipedia.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I'm not sure I should allow anything from the realm of politics and/or mass media to suprise me anymore. It just seemed like a long time to slowly zoom in on one sign out of so many without know that you are televising it to millions.

edit on 23-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: ughh. English.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I hadn't heard about the Netherlands thing. Thanks Cuervo.

I'm gonna defer to Ron Paul's judgement on Santorum, as he stated tonight in the debate, that Santorum is a fake. There is a thread here on ATS in this Forum, go take a look if you missed it:

Question to Ron Paul: "Why did you come out with an ad calling Rick Santorum fake?" - by supermanning

Ron Paul: "Cuz he is fake!" hahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahh​aha

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
How ironic they do that do Santorum but CNN was the one that artificially surged Santorum in their polls to win Iowa.

But then again, they hate Ron Paul so I guess it sort of makes sense.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Ron Paul can knock those ridiculous bowling pins sharing the stage with him down with ease...He is so beyond them he barely breaks a sweat putting those puppet-tards in their place...

Go Ron Paul!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The only time things make it on TV by accident is when they are spontaneously done. For instance, running into a live shot. Making a sign with poster board and a sharpie (on the spot) then holding it up into a live shot. This is not what happened here.

These cameras are set up way in advance and the shots taken and broadcast to us are usually known in advance. Producers steer supporters in certain sections and the producers KNOW exactly what the shot is going to be before you ever see it. They are the ones who are directing things behind the scenes. They are in the ear of the camera operators telling them when to zoom, pan the crowd, and where to focus.

Looking at the sign, we can see it was made in advance. It was not made on the spot in different colors. Someone had to carry that sign to the area where the cameras would be, someone held up that sign before the shot was ever shown on TV, there is no doubt in my mind the producer knew that sign was there and they knew it would be in the live shot.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Bwhahahahaha, epic. Thank yous so much for posting this!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Santorum / To Mr Anus Anagram

edit on 23-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join