It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks insurance key

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The page with all the old links "wlstorage" is located in US.

Very interested to see how this thread plays out.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Replying to the question about the Voynich manuscript. Apparently didn't get the
post quoted. Anyway,
yep, the Voynich manuscript. No one has ever deciphered it, except it seems to mostly be about
plants, botany etc. Someone mentioned they couldn't identify a lot of the plants depicted. Alien?
Who know. But definitely NOBODY has cracked it. Its either a code, or a language no one has
ever heard of, yet.
edit on 23-2-2012 by jb1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by siriushours

its old news - the files on the storage are in the web at least since january...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

This is so true!

Why would they not publish information that could change the system? Just to save their lives?? How many died before, in the name of much stupier things??

Come on guys! Release the stuff to the people! Spread the files on disks, sticks or whatever. If there is really something in them with the potential to start a revolution, this would be the start of it...

I wish it could be like that.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I'm following this on sight , And think its great how long before the first threads will be around here? And is this credible new stuff leaking here or old wikileaks files ?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
just to get the info around:

Wikileaks Twitter Post...

Mod Edit - Link to auto download removed see This Post for T&C info

WikiLeaks "new" 65 GB insurance file. Like previous encrypted back-up files from from WikiLeaks, there is no key released to the public. The key comes if something happens to WikiLeaks - e.g. a complete take-down.

Threads like this are depressing. The title is completely wrong and half the posters don't appear to understand what a torrent file is, or how or why WikiLeaks releases back-up data. I scan alternate media including ATS to get ahead of the game. You know... to actually see if it's possible to glean some knowledge that isn't freely available. Lord knows why...

& the storage-files are old - very old....(but interesting...to say at least)
edit on 23-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

edit on 23/2/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jb1958
Replying to the question about the Voynich manuscript. Apparently didn't get the
post quoted. Anyway,
yep, the Voynich manuscript. No one has ever deciphered it, except it seems to mostly be about
plants, botany etc. Someone mentioned they couldn't identify a lot of the plants depicted. Alien?
Who know. But definitely NOBODY has cracked it. Its either a code, or a language no one has
ever heard of, yet.
edit on 23-2-2012 by jb1958 because: (no reason given)

Or -- equally probable -- it's gibberish.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

True, didn't say its was real. Could be gibberish. And not really relevant to this thread anyway,
so I will say no more on it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Gobsmacked is not the word that came into my mind seeing those documents. I've been following this thread and reading an article every now and then (slooow). But nothing really spectacular

In fact, i was thinking about some of the same arguments before the were allready posted here. In my opinion this is merely a 'trick' to keep us busy, while the important 'shocking' stuff is still a secret. I don't think this is interesting at all. None of this stuff will convince the majority of the non-believers (that don't believe in the evil government).

To me it just looks too obviously forged for use against us.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wow... I haven't even gone to any of the links, but I think this is real interesting... Without being very informed, some of the speculations in this thread COULD make SOME sense, like, 'the Arab spring was to soften ties among countries in the middle east,' and 'wikileaks was the catalyst for the Arab spring,' 'Assange is an agent, and that's why the majority of the 'leaks' were insubstantial, but enough of the stuff that furthered the PTB's agenda.' I have never really entertained these thoughts, but you COULD ask, "Is it possible?"

I try to remember that "To speculate carelessly is the same as to "ass-u-me."

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

wrabbit2000 says Its to hard to crack this thing as normal user, Can you acknowledge that fact?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by albertfothergill

Mod Edit - links removed as they auto download

My ISP blocks anything remotely similar to bittorrent (including URLs that contain the word "torrent") so I'm employing one of my servers to do the work.
edit on 23/2/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
has anyone got the torrent downloaded yet? if so whats in it

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Y'all realize a file of this size HAS to be released before a keyfile is released and before the intent of releasing it is made. If Assange were to say "Im releasing the files now!" then it would be easy to place command and control over the large file by overloading seeds, DoS'ing trackers, hoaxing files, and a few other methods. It would take so absurdly long to get a hold of the file damage control would already be in place before it got out of hand. Whereas if the file is already distributed the key can be released and distributed rapidly before controls can be placed over it.

Don't count on seeing the key for a long while.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karmon
reply to post by The GUT

This is so true!

Why would they not publish information that could change the system? Just to save their lives?? How many died before, in the name of much stupier things??

Come on guys! Release the stuff to the people! Spread the files on disks, sticks or whatever. If there is really something in them with the potential to start a revolution, this would be the start of it...

I wish it could be like that.

Because most people don't want to be a dead hero, that's what makes hero's stand out... they are few and far between. If he is legit he is smart for protecting his own tail, even if it does imply his tucking it between his legs in fear. There are much worse things than death.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I didn't see that this had been posted yet, but I believe that this cache was released as retaliation now that Bradley Manning has been charged with conspiring with WikiLeaks.

Bradley Manning charged

security.blogs.cnn.com...

Pfc. Bradley Manning, the U.S. Army soldier accused in the biggest leak of intelligence documents in the military's history, was formally charged Thursday.

Aiding the enemy is a capital offense, but prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty. If convicted on all the charges, Manning will likely face life in prison. The 24-year-old is suspected of giving hundreds of thousands of secret documents to the WikiLeaks website.He was arraigned Thursday at Fort Meade, Maryland, before military judge Col. Denise Lind, marking the beginning of the court-martial process.

If things are unfolding like this, we may be seeing the release of the key soon.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Seems that the Bradley Manning case is on trial today... coincidence?

The guardian

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I think they got some inside information yesterday that he was going to be charged today.
I think things are going to be heating up from now on.

From the article that I linked to above:

If the prosecution gets its way, Manning would be in "pretrial confinement for over 800 days before the trial begins," said Manning's civilian attorney, David Coombs, arguing for a speedy trail.

Poor guy. He's got a long wait ahead of him. So much for the promise of a speedy trial, eh?
edit on 23-2-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I realise I might just sound stupid here. But has anyone tried to use this "Key" on the wikileaks website on 'Darknet'? Maybe a wikileaks has something on there website on the Darknet that isnt on the clearweb

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by albertfothergill

It just finished downloading, but I am begining to think this just may be the compressed version of the file itself and not the key.

On piratebay there is a post that said the key was released.....this is what it was but said they could not get it to work.

aes256cbc: gw0whe$pfehwh[w%$%0sfwfgoenqi24yhsfp[nkfwekqzcxgpaegmq32pfewkjnwrhn]#%fwedqkdg?wm43hgwr#$jhowdnwqqelfdwmenhwrewkwqeq$
edit on 22-2-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I wonder what was on his mind when he turned over those files, probably $$$ if not he's either brave or stupid?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join