It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meeting up with an older version of myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I read a post in another forum about the possibility of a future version of oneself coming back in time to visit one's current self, and it reminded me of something that happened several years ago...

I was in the washroom of my place of work & had just finished pouring some softsoap in my hands when I looked up at the mirror & I found a 50-60-year-old version of myself looking back at me from the mirror. This older me had short hair that had a salt-and pepper thing going on; her face was slightly chubbier than mine, and it had fine wrinkles around the eyes & mouth. She was looking at me from a room in a house. Our reactions were not exactly the same as in a reflection. She did not seem shocked, but I suddenly felt weak and my eyeslight started to "white out" like a white fog had drifted directly into my vision. This incident could not have lasted more than 30 seconds, probably less.

I can rationalize this incident as a hallucination, as a trick of the light, as the result of not enough protein or a sugar rush temporarily addling my brain. But it felt real.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ever seen the movie "donnie darco". well the main character has a probablem where he sees a giant bunny rabit from the future. i dont know if this is true but the physciatrist in the movie calls it a day time hallucination. dont know if that true but you should check this day time halluciantion thing out maybe its real.By the way do u belive in past or future like "copies" of yourself like very very strongly before this event. becuase people have been recorded making themselves blind just by using their brain becuase they saw something they never wanted to see again. i dont know how likely of a explanation that is but thats all i can help or say for now.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
That's very interesting Cassie and I believe you I had seen mine too before, also sometimes you can also see a resemblance of the face you used to have on another life.

So is very normal.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Early in my dating relationship with my wife, my then future in-laws came screaming home from a dinner out they were having at a fancy restauraunt about twenty miles away. ( I was on the phone at the time). Her father demanded to know why she was out without permission at the restauraunt they had attended and why she was with me. (He wasn't aprticularly fond of me yet). Apparently, they insisted they had seen older versions of my wife and I eating dinner and carrying on at the very restauraunt they were at. They believed it so thoroughly, they intended to race home and wait up for us to return in order to get us in bigtime trouble. They had even parked the car where it could not be seen approaching the house from the street. To this day, they both insist they saw us there and are jsut waitin for us to stumble upon the secret of time travel.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
people have been recorded making themselves blind just by using their brain becuase they saw something they never wanted to see again.

This is something that's happened before with me...its like the mind's defense mechanism against going insane from seeing something beyond the scope of what we know is reality. Mental "white-out."

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
There exists from the beginning of time six supposedly identical universes set at different ages. Spirits cannot travel into the past or the future but only phsyical entities. The mental wash-out you expirienced was indeed the brain since the brain was designed to be spiritually sensitive as the first defence against any paranormal surprise and than one's angels. An alternate universe was what you peered into with the sight of being a duplicate, not a twin since those really are different, but rather a duplicate.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
That reminds me of what happened about 2 weeks ago actually. Well recently I started college and I was sitting in a chair that had a mirrior beside it(Don't ask why, it wasn't even near a bathroom, just in the middle of a hallway.) with two other people, well I looked into the mirror and I saw the older version of what appeared to be myself about 18- 23 years older then I was(looked 35-40, I am 17 just for reference), normally I thought I was seeing things at the time, but the 2 people sitting in chairs beside me saw the older version of myself in the mirror as well, you can just imagine there reactions, profane reactions("holy (censored), what in the (censored) is going on"). Lasted about a minute as well though it did take about 30 seconds for the other people watching it to state there reaction and speed walk out of the area. Needlessly to say they are also avoiding me now.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Wow I was going to post something similar.

Is this type thing not classed as a doppelganger or something? A few months back my mum was really shocked when I welcomed her home after shopping. She said she saw me driving round the corner just outside the house. She said the person was me in the car, the car was the exact same as mine, she even recongized the first few letters from the number plate. I wasnt even outside, I just woke up and was in my night shorts. Really strange if it was real, I do believe her but if it wasnt real then I worry for mothers sanity.

Thanks for sharing your story.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think I know what your talking about when you say your vision started to 'white-out', it's called hysterical blindness.It's when you see something so shocking that your brain can't comprehend and you're until you confront it openly or something like that.I saw it on King Of The Hill, when he walked back in the house because he forgot his foam finger (I think), he caught his Mother and Step-dad having sex, I would've went blind too
Anyway, I tried finding a link to show you, but all that comes up is an HBO movie.Any help?

-Mono

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by risitar
There exists from the beginning of time six supposedly identical universes set at different ages. Spirits cannot travel into the past or the future but only phsyical entities. The mental wash-out you expirienced was indeed the brain since the brain was designed to be spiritually sensitive as the first defence against any paranormal surprise and than one's angels. An alternate universe was what you peered into with the sight of being a duplicate, not a twin since those really are different, but rather a duplicate.

Thats a lot like twiners from a stephen king book

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
mine is on the bus, i take the bus allover here,
i,ve seen at least 3 diff "me's", i talk to alot of
random people, when i'm out, on the bus and
when i go out for coffee, this seems to be more
common with people who are open and the "thinking"
type,there are people who share a common look that
mite have a "twin", but all the one's i see are older,
late 50's, the last one , late 60-70?/ took off
his sun glasses on the bus and said: "how the art",