It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spirit of Bill Hicks for President.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The 26th of february 2012 will mark 18 years since the death of one of the best stands ups who ever lived, a teller of truths and true light for humanity against the ruling elite. He's as close to a hero as I will ever have and his spirit will never be allowed to die. RIP Bill Hicks

Additionally folks, please take the time on this day to dig out your favourite Hicks show, sit down and enjoy it, maybe even introduce new fans to him. I for one believe that without people like him the world may even be a crappier place than it is now.

Gone but never forgotten:

edit on 22-2-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
He's got my vote, if Ron Paul drops out that is.

Bill describing the mainstream news & the ATS boards....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
He's got my vote, if Ron Paul drops out that is.

Bill describing the mainstream news & the ATS boards....

Right on man, a true genius and more like him are needed for this day and age

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Listening to Bill hicks opened my eyes to how we are basically screwed. And that was over 20 years ago! And here we are today.

Guess we didn't get that memo.

But also how if we would just live life without all the useless, meaningless crap there is no limit to where we could go. Can't fight wars if people just cared for each other. Problem is we can't get to that point when the Government has been bought out decades ago, have all the power, and control, and we can't do anything about it without being labeled a terrorist. I want to see it change, I'm just at a loss for how its even possible at this point.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
Listening to Bill hicks opened my eyes to how we are basically screwed. And that was over 20 years ago! And here we are today.

Guess we didn't get that memo.

But also how if we would just live life without all the useless, meaningless crap there is no limit to where we could go. Can't fight wars if people just cared for each other. Problem is we can't get to that point when the Government has been bought out decades ago, have all the power, and control, and we can't do anything about it without being labeled a terrorist. I want to see it change, I'm just at a loss for how its even possible at this point.

The first rule is never give up hope for change, I truly believe there will be a day when enough people "wake up" to how it really is and not what their government say it is.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

So, I am sitting here watching CNN and skimming ATS posts and lo and behold I see this... and have to log in and reply.

He was an amazing person that I did not come to know about until well after his death.

I can't seem to imbed the video but, wanted to contribute my favorite segment.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Sagittarian69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2012 by Sagittarian69 because: OMG I did it, LoL

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sagittarian69

Bill certainly always said like it like it was. Additionally if you haven't read it, I highly recommend Paul Outhwaites, One Consciousness: An Analysis of Bill Hicks' Comedy, the best book on Hicks imo.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I saw Bill Hicks live, I think it was in 1993 or maybe 1992, at Hull University. He was everything I had expected him to me, and then one thousand times more. A legend. I miss his presence on this planet every day. No one has filled the void that he left. Not even close.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The people who hate people party

The best from Bills last:

edit on 23-2-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I really couldn't be bothered with Bill Hicks.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Bill Hicks and Jesus are the same to me. Except Bill Hicks is Jesus in the 21st century at his angriest. Miss you Bill. See you on the other side...
edit on 24/3/2012 by Mistaken_mystery because: Damn typos

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

wow has it been 18 years?

I agree, very funny man. Best show I saw was the one about Aliens and Hillbillies!

He was good but the other comedian that just died would have made a great President, sorry I forget his name.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

wow has it been 18 years?

I agree, very funny man. Best show I saw was the one about Aliens and Hillbillies!

He was good but the other comedian that just died would have made a great President, sorry I forget his name.

George Carlin, excellent stand up who will be greatly missed also.

top topics

join