It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new about masons where do i join

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

ND, when I used to sell tires, there was a spiff (bonus) for upselling the road hazard protection and lifetime balance, etc. Now, sometimes tire packages come out to be around $600-$700. So, me, being the bright, enterprising young man that I am
would make sure that I offered enough of a discount that the price, without the upselling, would be $666.66.
You'd be surprised how many times people would refuse the lifetime services and road hazard warranties, until they saw that total on the register screen, and then they would be all too eager to add on an additional $50 for the other package just to avoid paying $666.

It seemed like a win-win to me, they really needed that extended package anyway, it always paid for itself, the company just wanted captive return customers, and I needed my BONUS!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Why are the rites of Freemasonry like encrypted hieroglyphs, meaning hidden from the public eye?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
Why are the rites of Freemasonry like encrypted hieroglyphs, meaning hidden from the public eye?

Because it is a private orginization.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Jesus replied:

"A city built on a high hill and fortified cannot fall, nor can it be hidden. No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, nor does one put it in a hidden place. Rather, one puts it on a lampstand so that all who come and go will see its light."

OP, weigh the following:

Wikipedia:

Hiram Abiff (other spellings "Hurum"[1], "Abif"[2][3], and "Huram-Abi"[4]) is a character who figures prominently in an allegorical[5] play that is presented during the third degree of Craft Freemasonry. In this play, Hiram is presented as being the chief architect of King Solomon's Temple, who is murdered by three ruffians during an unsuccessful attempt to force him to divulge the Master Masons' secret password.[6] It is explained in the lecture that follows this play that the story is a lesson in fidelity to one's word, and in the brevity of life.

Numerous scholars, both Masonic and non-Masonic, have speculated that the character may have been based upon one or more Hirams that appear in the Bible.[7]

1 Kings 10

11 Hiram’s ships brought gold from Ophir; and from there they brought great cargoes of almugwood[c] and precious stones.
12 The king used the almugwood to make supports[d] for the temple of the LORD and for the royal palace, and to make harps and lyres for the musicians. So much almugwood has never been imported or seen since that day.
13 King Solomon gave the queen of Sheba all she desired and asked for, besides what he had given her out of his royal bounty. Then she left and returned with her retinue to her own country.
14 The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

You'll have to be a little more direct.

Everything you just posted looks factual and agreeable to me, yet I get the feeling you meant something negative by it. I don't understand.

Nothing you posted is a secret in Freemasonry, so how is it applicable to what you asked or responded to?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Jesus replied:

*yawn*

I am happy that you love Jesus and all but no matter what you quote you are not going to convince me to become a Christian. As a matter of fact, the more you quote the more I become disgusted with organized religion because of actions like yours. I am sure that if you could you would make sure everyone who lived in this country thumped their Bibles just as hard as you.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Is it true yall dont have to pay speeding tickets and a couple of other above the law perks?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
Is it true yall dont have to pay speeding tickets and a couple of other above the law perks?

NO.

I paid one just yesterday.

It is true that we have a lot of law enforcement representation in our Lodges. Not sure why that is, but it hasn't gotten me out of any tickets!

The little sticker for Policeman's Benevolent Association where you donate money to their union has been much more effective than my membership in Masonry.
edit on 23-2-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin

Yes. We also get to cut in line at Wendy's since Dave Smith was a Mason.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Jesus replied:

"A city built on a high hill and fortified cannot fall, nor can it be hidden. No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, nor does one put it in a hidden place. Rather, one puts it on a lampstand so that all who come and go will see its light."

Did you know that the first masonic lodges were held on High hills and low dales to better defend against cowans and eavesdroppers?

So it sounds like Jesus would approve of our ways. thanks for posting that. I feel closer to Jesus already.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Dammit! I didn't know that, and I've been waiting in line for years! Why don't they put this stuff in our newsletters? Do we still get a discount Bob Evans?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Dammit! I didn't know that...

You are obviously not 'high enough'.

Do we still get a discount Bob Evans?

Some of us do...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

What's encrypted about hieroglyphs? It was no more "encrypted" to the people who wrote in it than the roman alphabet is to you and I, or kanji to a native Japanese speaker.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

You just ask a mason if you can join. Your only requirement is to believe in some sort of higher up being. You will then be brought in front of the group on the specific lodge you're trying to get into and they will vote you in or out.
edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You have to be invited to join by another member and if anyone does not want you to join for any reason you will not be allowed. You will also never no why or who prevented you from joining.

It is a bad idea unless you want to go drinking with old farts and have them constantly asking you to help them out with favors that a lot of them will not return.

I know many Masons who think its a joke after putting up with it for a long time. Not to mention the higher ups have been linked to worshiping the devil.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Masons are money-grabbing tire salesmen too? I smell a rubbery conspiracy....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by getreadyalready

Masons are money-grabbing tire salesmen too? I smell a rubbery conspiracy....

For a real conspiracy, consider this.....

I was only a Tire store guy for less than a year after joining Masonry, then I went to work for the GOVERNMENT!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

You have to be invited to join by another member and if anyone does not want you to join for any reason you will not be allowed. You will also never no why or who prevented you from joining.

It is a bad idea unless you want to go drinking with old farts and have them constantly asking you to help them out with favors that a lot of them will not return.

I know many Masons who think its a joke after putting up with it for a long time. Not to mention the higher ups have been linked to worshiping the devil.

Amazingly incorrect on all counts.

but thanks for being consistent!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Hell yeah we worship the Devil!

Hail Lucifer and Jay Z!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

heres wisdom bud carbon has 6 photons 6 neutrons 6 electrons =666 blacks law dictionary 1933 edition definition of a human being is a beast that is not fit to own property .a good sense of humor is essential for joining the craft remember that

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join