It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that these political hack pundits don't even check what they say before they do

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Lou Dobbs is one of the best at spewing nonsensical garbage, and his latest rant just goes to show how anybody with a TV show can say anything they want to, even if it obviously has no basis in reality.

(only full version I could find on youtube, FBN version will be at bottom of post)

He's trying to insinuate that adaptations of works that are 60 and 40 years old are trying to indoctrinate our children? Honestly? Who could come up with this crap in the first place.
Forget the whole could movies even indoctrinate children in the first place debate, that's for another time.

But to imply that adaptations of books that are many decades old are blatantly pushing agendas held by Hollywood?

I find it funny how he says that Hollywood is using these against us, when Hollywood didn't even make one of the animated films in question (The Secret World of Arrietty). He even said it was Japanese Animation himself, yet contradicts himself two minutes later and says Hollywood is using The Secret World of Arrietty as propaganda. It's hilarious.
Yes, a book 6 decades old adapted by Japanese animation studios are pushing a liberal Hollywood agenda to indoctrinate our children to a green energy policy and demonize the 1%.
And ALL of this is supposed to be connected to the Wall Street Protests, according to him.

The Lorax, a true adaptation of a 40 year old book? That's obviously pro green energy and anti-industry, according to him.
Funny, 20 years ago they said it was anti-logging.

If any of that made sense to you, then how about his guest's statement that people who don't agree with the message of the movies should buy tickets to enter the theater, buy popcorn in large quantities, shove as much of the popcorn as they possibly can down their throats as quickly as they can, throw the trash and remains on the floor of the theater, and walk out.
THAT'S supposed to send a statement to the makers of the movies.

That's only one of the many things that any pundit can say, at any time, on any station, that many people will actually believe because it's coming from somebody on the magical picture box.

It's insane, what our 'news' channels have become these days.

video.foxbusiness.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny Of Souls

i really dont like the look of that 'the secret world of ariete' movie... i like anime but princess mononoke anime... that movie seems like a rip off of the movie actually titles 'the borrowers' and accorded to that little into they 'take things people wont miss' (that isnt borrowing)

anyhow the lorrax does seem awesome

movies aside lou dobbs is a hack

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one

i really dont like the look of that 'the secret world of ariete' movie... i like anime but princess mononoke anime... that movie seems like a rip off of the movie actually titles 'the borrowers' and accorded to that little into they 'take things people wont miss' (that isnt borrowing)

I'm surprised you don't like the look of it, it's good for the quality of animation that comes out of Japan these days (not amazing by today's standards, but not bad).

The book is still better though IMO.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

He's trying to insinuate that adaptations of works that are 60 and 40 years old are trying to indoctrinate our children? Honestly? Who could come up with this crap in the first place.

Do you think the folks in charge 50+ years ago, same folks who experimented on children and pregnant women, just did all that for nothing? They spent multi millions for decades just to pass the time, CIA declassified many of these "tests", admittedly experimenting on unwitting civilians, but yeah, like you said, who makes up this stuff?

Cartoons and TV programing are still used today to condition the populace, same agenda as back then, just different names and faces.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Do you think the folks in charge 50+ years ago, same folks who experimented on children and pregnant women, just did all that for nothing? They spent multi millions for decades just to pass the time, CIA declassified many of these "tests", admittedly experimenting on unwitting civilians, but yeah, like you said, who makes up this stuff?

Cartoons and TV programing are still used today to condition the populace, same agenda as back then, just different names and faces.

My point was that works that old wouldn't possibly be able to be propaganda for today's policies and positions. I clearly said so in the OP.

Do you want to tell me how much green energy propaganda there was 60 years ago?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Didn't watch the cartoon, was that what they were promoting in it? Green energy?

Hollywood is balls deep in the propaganda and predictive programing, and Disney is the Godfather of all the child programing and manipulation. If you can agree with me there, then we are on the same side.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Didn't watch the cartoon, was that what they were promoting in it? Green energy?

Hollywood is balls deep in the propaganda and predictive programing, and Disney is the Godfather of all the child programing and manipulation. If you can agree with me there, then we are on the same side.

That's what Lou Dobbs said, but it didn't have any American agenda to it (except telling Japanese citizens to not be as materialistic as they are these days, the director clearly said so.)

The book also doesn't have any kind of 'liberal agenda' in it.

I'll agree that Hollywood inserts propaganda here and there, and that Disney loves their subliminal messages, but I don't agree that it can somehow indoctrinate children. Maybe if they watch something 60 times over, but most of these movies are one and done with kids these days.

Gone are the days of kids watching that VHS tape of their favorite Disney movie over and over.
Now they'll play on their 3DS or Wii for hours and hours instead, even at that young age.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Maybe if they watch something 60 times over, but most of these movies are one and done with kids these days.

Gone are the days of kids watching that VHS tape of their favorite Disney movie over and over. Now they'll play on their 3DS or Wii for hours and hours instead, even at that young age.

You got kids? We have an 8 and 9 year old, they have their DS's, and they have their kids movies on DVD in their bedroom. 60 times? Try over 100 or so each movie. We aren't rich so they don't have a vast selection of movies, right now 1 of them is watching Marley & Me for like the 50th time. If there are nefarious subconscious content in them, the majority of kids will have them embedded.

We do catch some now and then, because we're looking out for that crap. We also limit their DS usage so they aren't digitally over stimulated. Even I got dizzy after 6 hours straight of Nintendo back in the day.

top topics

join