It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

opinions on gemstones ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Alright, well I'm going to keep this short and sweet. 1.5-2 years ago I was getting massage therapy from a friends wife because of back problems. She also did chakra cleansing during our sessions. She was very into energy healing and all that. Anyway, after the session she gave me a gemstone ( hematite I believe, just based on the colors...) And told me it would keep me balanced, or something to that effect. This was before I had done any reading into the metaphysical world. So, of course, I figured it was bs and put it somewhere in my room, and promptly forgot I had it.
Well, a month or so ago i came across it and figured what the hell, and have been keeping it in my pocket since. Since then my self confidence has been thru the roof. I used to be shy and quiet, now I'm talkative and just feel confident and at peace. The only change I've made to my life recently was to start carrying that stone with me. I had always assumed stones and pendant etc were just placebo at best, but i had no idea what supposed properties this stone had, and you won't get affects from a placebo if you don't know what the supposed effects will be. I decided to do a little research today, and according to what I read " Haematite is strong, supporting timidity, boosting self-esteem and survivability, enhancing willpower and reliability, and imparting confidence. It helps to overcome compulsions and addictions, treating overeating, smoking and other forms of overindulgence". Re-reading that paragraph, It's also worth noting I started trying to quit smoking around the same time, and I'm down to less than one a day, from 2 packs in 3 days

So, I was hoping to get some responses from others who have, or haven't, noticed some kind of effect with the use of gemstones or something similar ?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The effect of Gemstones upon the user is mostly limited to the user's susceptibility to such energies. Meaning everyone is different and reacts to these energies differently. Some people are extremely receptive to them while others, it just seems to bounce off. I don't this has anything to do with belief systems or anything like that, i think its due mostly to the individuals energy. I find them very handy personally and have quite a lot of different gems i keep handy.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

Interesting... thanks for the post !

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Glad to see you had a positive effect from carrying your stone OP, and if it works for you keep it up, but I do have a problem with you over looking the Placebo effect, simply, because that is one of my pet peeves these days.

So many people mainly debunkers use the term placebo effect, as if it means that something doesn't work, when in fact it actually does work, it's just mind over matter and if it didn't have a real effect for people, then scientists wouldn't bother to try to weed it's effect out of studies.

I am not trying to knock you or your thread, but it could still be placebo effect, but if it's working for you does it really matter? I say use the placebo effect for your benefit and enjoy it. And really if you look at all mysticism, magic, metaphysics, energy work and the use of crystals and stones in energy work; it is all mind over matter; or the placebo effect, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work either though; the placebo effect is real and can be powerful.In fact all magic is focusing and using energy, will and the power of the mind, all the colors, candles, incantations and rituals are just props to harness and direct those forces.

Anyway, cool thread and I am happy your stone is working for you.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this, as I have been exploring once-again into the effects of gemstones to our bodies and nature.

I believe your 'wth, why not' attitude at least allowed enough of a mental shift for the gemstone to have an effect. you were at least open to it. some will keep it around, expecting something magical to shoot out of the eyes or it isn't working.

this will explain the science behind what you are now experiencing. check out parts 2 and 3 too if you haven't already. enjoy!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by prisoneronashipoffools

In fact all magic is focusing and using energy, will and the power of the mind, all the colors, candles, incantations and rituals are just props to harness and direct those forces.

Anyway, cool thread and I am happy your stone is working for you.

I couldn't agree with you more in your definition of magick, gemstone and healing energy effects included!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

I'm not totally counting out the placebo effect, it had crossed my mind. But from my understanding, placebos only take effect when one has been told beforehand what to expect, and then the mind makes It happen. But ive been wrong before, I suppose haha. I wasn't told beforehand what effects I would see, honestly I thought I'd have good luck and find money or something like that....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 4KAAN

Cool, I'll check those out when I get home, thanks

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I worked for Jewelry Television for a couple years and sold A LOT of Hematite. It is very affordable, especially from JTV. I always asked customers if they noticed any differences while wearing it. I got mixed replies but most believed that it had at least some what of a positive effect. No one had as much success with it as in the OP, but in now way am I saying that you should question your results because the moment you do that could be the moment that your results end. With that category of benefits, I think people should try to avoid considering placebo. "Placebo" frowns upon the power of the mind, which is counter-productive.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
As a scorpio I wear carnelian to keep my 2nd chakra under control and balanced. It helps me focus my energy and emotion rather than letting it control me among other things...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have always loved gemstones and crystals, even before I learned about any of the metaphysical effects associated with them. After learning about those properties, my love and interest went through the roof. I have a fairly large collection of small stones. One of the things that I find most interesting is that I will often pick out a stone to carry or to give to a friend, when I do this based on intuition, and later look up the properties of the stone in question, it almost always addresses something that is an issue for myself or for the friend that I selected the stone for. It is amazing to me and I often do better picking the stone based on intuition and then finding out what issues it addresses rather than looking for a stone based on what I have looked up.

Crystals are excellent conductors of energy, and this is where the metaphysical properties come in. If you think about it, you are using crystals right now. They are part of your computer.

top topics

join