It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Scholar 'Aql Al-Bahili: "The Freedom Enjoyed in the West is a Hundred Times Better than in I

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
An interesting article, covered by some completely irrelevant comments from the OP. This place is getting worse day by day. 50% of the members seems to be Bible-thumpers, telling us about our sins and god. I don't come to this place to get a religous sermon and have someone try convert me. There a door knocking Jehovas witnesses for that.

And yet you say derogatory terms like "bible-thumpers" and portray yourself to be very much the bigot you are. Personally i don't care if you convert, it's on your head. For our part we have to tell you about Jesus and salvation is, that is a requirement he gave to us. Now you can either be a man about it, or go be all butt hurt about it, i don't care which one you do.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

There is just one place people can talk like this. The country people get their oil out and live an easy life. And they are pet on the back by their foreign bosses.

Where did you find him ?

in the bottom of the oil tank ?

edit on 23/2/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Originally posted by Freeborn
Is there anything wrong with enjoying yourself a lot?

Hahhaha....nothing is good in excess. Balance in all things!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Why?

Exactly what is wrong with enjoying yourself as much as possible as long as it doesn't harm anyone else?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Heh....odd branch off the main topic, but I'd figure that the purpose of life shouldn't be devoted towards pursuit of pleasure at the expense of all other things.

Forget "Do what you want as long as you don't harm anyone", what about "Do what you can to help others" instead?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Yes, I believe that the globalist oligarchy IS doing that.

However, Islam was "radicalized" in its foundation.

It's structure; reason for being; methodology; style etc. were all wedded to violence, violent conquest, authoritarian slavery etc.

It has never deviated very far from those memes, styles, methods, goals.

The founding documents are clear about that.

The OP in the video has the courage to comment on some of that.

Those things are not fabrications of the globalists. The globalists are merely using them at full bore and volume.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Yes, somehow I have got a bit off topic.

I just don't understand why so many people, and to be honest they tend to be the overtly 'relgious' type, frown upon the pursuit of happiness and castigate and demonise those who seek a more hedonistic lifestyle.

Of course we should seek to help others where we can but certainly not at the expense of personal happiness.

As an agnostic I fail to understand why people obsess with the unprovable and subsequently get wrapped up in dogma.

That is a choice I make thanks to the rights to freedom of choice and belief we have here in 'The West'.
That we aren't as free as some believe or as we should be is a topic for discussion somewhere else.
And as I said before, those freedoms are the antithesis of Islamic belief and dogma.
'Islam' itself means 'submission to God' and 'Muslim' means 'one who submits to God'.
Submission hardly implies a belief in individual freedoms and liberties.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
MEMRI holds about as much weight to me as Sorcha Faal, or Major Ed Danes. Most of it complete fantasy.
edit on 23-2-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

He was comparing Islamic countries with the West.

You may deny the Judeo-Christian foundation and substrate of Western culture.

I do not. I think it's a critical, accurate and historical fact.

Yes, the globalists are shredding all that frenetically as fast as they can and have done a huge job of it already.

Nevertheless, the facts remain. Biased distorting of the historic cultural facts does not alter the facts.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

I find your perspective a gross distortion of the facts . . . if related to the facts, at all.

Christianity championed freedom through education, health, community development, hospitals, and even voting rights. Not every group but plenty of authentic Christians did.

Whenever aid and help for the suffering of the world has gotten significant attention, it has been Christians and Christians in the forefront of delivering freedom from poverty, disease and ignorance.

The OP is right to note that the Western culture founded on the Judeo-Christian substrate has more freedom . . . whether the substrate is openly noted, or not.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

ANY PHILOSOPHY RELIGION tends toward tyranny, enslavement--including Christianity--when taken as a philosophy vs an AUTHENTIC RELATIONSHIP with The Living God Almighty/ Son/ Spirit.

Authentic Christianity is about Joy . . . Joy unspeakable, Abundant LIfe etc. However, onlookers seem unable to see much of it unless they know an authentic Christian well at close range.

edit on 23/2/2012 by BO XIAN because: fix quote

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Hey Bo! How's the imaginary authoritative muslim roommate doing? Give him my regards!

I should call him and ask him about the video though I doubt he'd want to bother with it. He would certainly agree that the West has far greater and far healthier freedoms.

And, he would agree that they were founded on the Judeo-Christian substrate from our founding values.

For your insulting information . . . last I talked to him, he's fine as are his wife and son and import/export business.

He doesn't enjoy such topics much any more or I'd talk to him more frequently.

edit on 23/2/2012 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by posthuman

I don't know if my Muslim roommate would have agreed, or not.

I could ask him. Maybe I'll phone him and read him your post and see what he'd say.

He's loathe to bother with such online dialogues any more. He engaged in them for a few years and grew disgusted with the Muslim nonsense in response so kind of swore off ever bothering with such again.

Did you do it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join