It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! Anonymous hacks greek ministry! Threatens to whip away all citizen debt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Why would any bank store that type of sensitive info on a network that is accesible to the public? Doesn't make much sense to me. I'm sure that those banks have secure intranets that no one from the outside can't get into unless they have a mole.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If debt was so easy to erase, there would be a hell of a lot less of it in this world.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by trust_no_one

They crossed the line. It's time for the handcuffs to come out. Now they presume themselves Dictators.

Anonymous does?

You are aware that Greece, the HOME of Democracy, is now being run by a technocrat government? Their democratic process has been hijacked by the international banking cartel, facilitated by Germany, the IMF and the World Bank.

And you think Anon have become Dictators for hacking a freakin website?

Astounding, truly astounding!

And no, I don't think it's at all likely that Anon could do anything of the sort when it comes to debt. This is a ridiculous threat.

But it makes a point, and it's a nice target to attack.

Those who think it isn't clearly haven't been watching what's happening in Greece, but then again it seems that the majority of the world, America especially, is ignorant to the existence of the rest of the planet unless it's a country they're invading.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by taws6
I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of having my debt wiped clean
as long as it wouldn't affect the 99%ers. I looked at my mortgage statements for the end of the year on my homes and felt a little sick just seeing how much I pay in interest and how much is principal. My interest rates aren't that high a little under 5% on one house and a little more on the other. Even though my interest is under 5%, it's more like 80-90% interest if you look at what goes to interest and what goes to principal at the end of the year.

no one feels bad for you because you have 2 houses LOL. but yea I know how interest adds up like crazy

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thanks anon you guys in one MASSIVE swoop

Here comes another SOPA!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsVen

"For each article of a bill that would shame the vote, we will shut the system and deleting an Inland Revenue debts of Greek citizens "

Just DO IT already.

I doubt that they can really wipe out all the debts of the citizens in Greece. It would be quite interesting in my opinion if they actually somehow wiped out every single citizen's debt.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I wish they would wipe MY debt out. I've been trying to keep up with this story since it came out. They are having a rough time over there. I hope they get whatever bit of relief they can.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivineFem
I wish they would wipe MY debt out. I've been trying to keep up with this story since it came out. They are having a rough time over there. I hope they get whatever bit of relief they can.

Excuse me, there is something wrong with your eyeball.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't get the technicalities of doing such a thing. Surely banks in greece exist outside of the greek government control? How would hacking into th government 'minstry' give them access to hopefully confidential bank data.
I agree with Anonymous being all hype, whether they're fronts for other agencies or not, they're ruining the internet and they claim to be changing governments. Libyan people (with a little help) overthrew Gadaffi not some asburger kid with access to a botnet. IF they do wipe citizen debt, that will be worse for all concerned. The amount of debt we're talking about, would come back to bite them, I for one would want my British taxes t o be claimed back (we've paid alot into bailouts). I'm sure other governments would want money back too (with encouragement from investers). Debt still exists even if you refuse to pay it. If they don't pay it back, lack of free trade will cause them more problems then they want. What happens when they can't afford to feed all their people, who are going to give them any money then. Investers will pull out of greece, businesses will suffer.

Like I said, I fail to see how this is actually possible, but even then, it wont be in the good of the nation.

Also, I don't aggree with the greek government's handling of the deficit and how they've just handed themselves in Germany's pocket.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Apparently Anonymous has never heard of Netbackup, Tivoli Storage Manager, HP Data Protector, tape libraries, tape drives, etc. This stuff is all backed up. Wipe the servers, go ahead. It will be back online within 2 days.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I say gamy (as in poly-gamy) sou (Greek for you)

That's "gamy sou" to the banks and the dictators running Greece. IMF together with Goldman Sachs are criminal cartels responsible for as much suffering as Hitler, Hirohito and Mussolini combined.

Hurray for Anonymous! Hurray for the revolution. Usury is a disease. Did you know that the financial
Sectors cost the American economy $.33 of every dollar spent. That's in friggin sane. Nothing less than satanic levels of greed.

Banks are at the root of the destruction of the middle class. They buy senators and presidents like postage stamps. Their stooges in congress write laws so one-sided as to prevent anything remotely akin to competition of market forces.

The tyranny must end. Let it begin with the Greeks, the progenitors of Democracia!
edit on 23-2-2012 by zarp3333 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I do not want to be a troll or anything but I do support what Anonymous is doing. They are trying to get the word out that the economy is messed up and something needs to be done about it. People are generally fed up with everything in today's society and it is about time some action begins to take place.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Excellent point, I would also say that banks are the destruction of human society in general.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

I disagree with in the politest way. Just because you are annoyed with something doesn't give you the right to commit acts of criminal/antisocial activities. We all have to function with each other. Now, I'm an English nationalist but we have to play nice with the kids next door. If this includes loaning our neighbours money when they're poor, we do it. Then if some kid comes along and says, hey this guy isn't paying you back anymore, firstly why would it matter what this snotty nosed kid says, just because he can remove temporary acces to the greek's ugly website. No, they need to pay us back because its our money that they borrowed.

Also, I dislike the American banks that were the mitigating factor of the credit crisis. Doesn't mean I can go hold them up and say, its ok because we're sick of banks.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Surely- possibly I've missed something here - if Anonymous wanted to wipe the debts it would have to hack the banks where they were held i.e. the retail banks and then all the way on up the international debt chain? There's far more to it than just getting in somewhere and clicking Delete a few times.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Bigfoot73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Like other people have suggested. They will have backups and backup of backups for credit information.
I think whoever this whether its anonymous or not sound like they're suggesting that its just a harddrive with citizen data and credit information sitting on the same server as the website that the credit data only exists in the sphere of the ministerial website's server.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This annony sound like a puppet.

To me like this is a very good way to create an internet terrorist which will then bring in internet censorship....now who would do such a thing.....hmmmmm....lol.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Everything they could hope to wipe away is backed up and recorded...in hard copy.

All they will do is massively increase the cost and duration of this headache.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

They crossed the line. It's time for the handcuffs to come out. Now they presume themselves Dictators.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

How does an organisation trying to make a government responsible for it's idiotic and punitive actions become a "Dictator".
How does the threat to release millions of people from their chains make them need handcuffing?.
I don't like anonymous, I think they are a black op of some sort, if they were "Real" they wouldn't make a threat they would just do it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hello!

This is my first post and this topic is about something that im thinking a lot. Before i start please note that english is not my main language.

I live in Europe in a small country. I cant say that im poor because my life is better than 2-3 billions other really poor people, however in a modern society im a poor person. Im in my late 20s. Young but i lived through hard times, especially the last 3 years. I decided not to take any loan from the banks.

I accept that there are situations when this is the only solution. Like you have to pay for a medical bill, because a life depends on it. Or something crucial like this. But when i look around people dont use bank money for this. They buy luxury items. TV or other electronic stuff, new car, new house, etc.

In my country the government helps the people who took big loans. I dont know the correct terms but they have to pay less tax and receive other benefits which are supported by the government. What means taxpayers - i - have to pay for this.

I was responsible and havent took any loan but i am the one who will pay for other irresponsible people.

I dont want to sound jealous. But in my hearth i think its not fair. I dont want people loose their homes but if anon or a government or any organization wipes the debt they will punish the poor but responsible people. Because we didnt have anything and after debt is wiped we will still have nothing while other people walk away with their newly bought stuff.

Wiping the debt is not a solution. Everything will start again. Erasing debt is like modern medicine. Its not a cure, they just treat the symptom.

Its a twisted 99% vs. 1% where the 1% is who had brains and didnt want more that he could afford. Changing the whole system is something i would support. But dont punish those who stayed away from trouble.

And i really dont understand how to erase debt files but keep savings files. Will they erase all databases so anyone who had a little money in a bank will loose his deposits?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join