It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! Anonymous hacks greek ministry! Threatens to whip away all citizen debt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one

BREAKING NEWS! Anonymous hacks greek ministry! Threatens to whip away all citizen debt

ZERO-HEDGE

(www.ministryofjustice.gr...). while the pretext for the hacking appears to have been an arrest of the wrong people, is seems to have angered Anonymous to the point where they have left an extended message of demands on the Greek website, warning that unless the IMF withdraws from the country and the government resigns, all debts of Greek citizens will be wiped clean.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22-2-2012 by trust_no_one because: (no reason given)

Is this even possible? For the sovereign debt problems, there certainly need be no economic record as presumably sovereign bonds are actually manifested in a piece of paper - this is Greece's problem, not credit card debt or mortgage debt (which also presumably would not be possible to erase in toto electronically).

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'm trying so hard to be polite and control my laughter after reading that OP link....reading through the thread...and going back to re-read the OP link. Whoever is borrowing the Anonymous name is so cute in their innocence and young outlook on the world I just want to find someone to go give them a hug or something. When the reality of the world strikes, someone is going to have a bad time of things for awhile. Wow.....

What do they think? They can hack an Http:// website and somehow that translates to the extreme security around the systems they'd need to get into and destroy to even start to accomplish their threat?

Well gooollly. I'm awfully glad the people over there in Greece are so simple they don't have electronic backups of such nationally critical systems in several different physical locations. I mean, if they were actually a part of the modern world, such a threat would be hilarious for how totally impossible it is on the face of it.

Err... Wait.. Greece is very much a part of the modern world, huh? Err... Sounds kinda doubtful for Anonymous on this one.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by taws6

Every body should meet their respective obligations of agreed debt or credit. Each individual should have records of their debt. To not pay so,=fraud. Only governmental institutions should be responsible and liableto the point of imprisonment for abuse or misuse of funds.

You do realize the FED is not government, right?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
in response to the first couple of posts on page 4 i dont believe this is just some punks making threats and using anonymous' name for the threats
the link for the greek website is still down and there is a full operation undergoing

as well in regards to how they could actually remove the debt of the citizens...

i assume it might be some sort of process where currently the governments have put its debt on the individual citizens and spread them amongst all the people of the country as heightened taxes or some sort of extra personal debt

if anonymous would remove the citizens debt they would probably move all the peoples debt to centralize them solely with the government itself

maybe this isnt legitimate and wont be taken seriously by the establishment and those in power

but greece no longer has a legitimate government run by its people and is instead appointed by the EU

so they deserve a little help from the hactivists when the government doesn't represent their people
all else they can do is riot and burn athens to the ground

in other news i hear iceland is recovering marvellously from its past debt (its easier when your not enslaved in the Euro Union)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This is fantastic.

This is what the Greek people need.

Hacking or not, it's a step in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
That really is a bold move, would be interesting to see where this goes and if any arrests are made.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel
I just wanna say.. as a former "member" of Anonymous, they're more than capable of following through with most of their threats,

No, they really are not. If they were, they would have followed through with all the previous threats.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Erroneous. Unless it is some corrupt banking scam, one "customer" does not automatically become responsible for the non-payment of someone elses loan.

Wiping out a debt will isolate them? From whom? I won't be angry if some greedy banksters don't get a boatload of gold for nothing.

All governments spend money like water. How much influence do you have on the economic policies of YOUR country? If your answer, like mine, is zero then the Greeks are not to blame as a nation.

They have gone from righteous campaigner to self elected governors of the world.

You could just as easily be talking about the corrupt banksters and their friends too.

edit on 23/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
oh please... they hacked a website. Wiping out debt will take much more of a coordinated effort. The data is likely stored 100s of places.

They are starting to believe their own hype.
edit on 23-2-2012 by MattNC because: pickles

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
whip away all citizen debt, do it!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Strange statement/threat, The EU is already about to discard +_ 54% of Greece's debt, so I fail to see the importance.
It has been allover the economy pages of big newspapers. Germany and France weren't very enthousiastic at first(especially France is knee-deep in greek debt papers), but MerKozy finally gave-in, knowing damn well that a bald chicken has no feathers left to pluck.

Not that 58% will make a dent in a country. As I understand it, their treasury bonds currently stand at super-duper mega risky, but oh so rewarding might the tide reverse)
Default of Greece seems to be planned for March 28th.

I like Anonymous, especially because they scare TPTB, but this reeks of bluf-poker.
edit on 2/23/2012 by diakrite because: typo

edit on 2/23/2012 by diakrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Please get this done Anon! You seem to be the only ones fighting for common man morally. No violence just headaches for those who dare cross your path. I am a modern day surf and I support you guys all the way. Do your thing and beat the Fascist elite at their own game.
much respect..

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by conar
whip away all citizen debt, do it!

It could have a rather revolutionary result. Looking at it from an economist's perspective, having no debt amongst the citizinery could trigger an unprecedented consumption boom, thereby saving a state's behind in the process. I BET the powers behind the scenes have already pondered that side-effect.

Only thing left will be to collect the taxes of the mega-rich, that stashed their ill-gotten money (that is, wrangled from the normal guy) in Switzerland.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by B2X2L
reply to post by trust_no_one

I want to believe that Anon is working for us, but something tells me that it is a false flag to shut down the internet. If they were to start wiping out debt with their hacking skills...internet done....just a feeling, though I am sure a lot of those in Anon are working for the good, maybe??? the people in charge, making the videos and statements and this kind of threat??? just possibly for the undoing of our communication? Governments around the world are scared of what we can do with this medium....they are already doing their best to shut it down, all they need is a REALLY good reason to, protecting banks??? guess that would cause a huge backlash...hmmmm

There is Anonymous and then lots of wanna-be anonymous groups who claim to be part of the legion. Only this past week or so Anonymous has separated itself from Anon groups that threaten to 'take down the interwebz' because if you think about it, if they did such a thing they have effectively broken their main tool in the tool box. As you know, Anonymous is not a country or singular race or religion they are everywhere. They are not here to bring the world down as some believe, they target those that need to be exposed and bought out into the open. It just happens to be the Greeks this week, it was Sony, not long ago and it will someone or something next week.

I firmly believe they are for the greater good, but with so many other 'groups' claiming to be part of the Anonymous actual its getting difficult to separate what is genuine and what is not. Clearing citizens debt surely will only serve to make the citizens free, companies rely on the debtor list, remove this and companies have little left.

After all, the moto is 'The people should not fear the government, the government should fear it's people' and if this pans out, it will be people that have no debt..

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by nightbringr

Erroneous. Unless it is some corrupt banking scam, one "customer" does not automatically become responsible for the non-payment of someone elses loan.

Wiping out a debt will isolate them? From whom? I won't be angry if some greedy banksters don't get a boatload of gold for nothing.

All governments spend money like water. How much influence do you have on the economic policies of YOUR country? If your answer, like mine, is zero then the Greeks are not to blame as a nation.

They have gone from righteous campaigner to self elected governors of the world.

You could just as easily be talking about the corrupt banksters and their friends too.

edit on 23/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

Wrong. It is a citizens job to watch over their government, and if they feel something is wrong, they need to act.

This is why I belong to a lobby group here in Canada that pressures the government to post balanced budgets. We don't succeed all the time obviously, but I am taking action.

So you believe that since the good people of Greece are not responsible for their government, people of other countries should pay? Odd. While i generally agree that the average greek shouldn't suffer, less so should those people of responsible governments such as Germany.

Unless of course you naively believe that debt can be wiped and no financial loss incurred upon the people or states of other countries.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Last week a couple of 'Kids' got arrested in Greece who posed as Anonymous and hacked some Greek Government pages. They left traces and got caught by the Greek Cyber Crime Unit.

I wouldn't read to much into it

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
How annoying, another empty threat from Anon.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If they actually had the ability to do this they would be hunted down in no time. We would be watching the helicopters zooming in and the troops pouring out and laying down gun fire on the evening news.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by trust_no_one

JUST GREAT!!! NOW Anonymous IS JUST LIKE THE GOVERMENT...WORRIED ABOUT SOME OTHER COUNTRY CITIZENS INSTEAD OF OVER HERE,WHAT ABOUT US...HUH !

Threatens It Will Wipe Away All Citizen Debts.
...Greece

edit on 22-2-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

Define "us" and "here", please. Who is "us" and where is "here"? Do you think only people from your country participate on this forum? And what makes you think Anonymous is a group from one country only? If it is a group indeed and really exists, then they probably have people from all over the world. I suggest you open your eyes a bit.

edit on 23-2-2012 by paulorf86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Thanks for that.....(although you too may be a shill)
I was wondering why these guys do not get serious and do real and lasting damage to the NWO agenda before total control of the internet web is achieved by TPTB?
These service denials are mere distractions for those who are involved, and may cause momentary discomfort. but little else...
What i envisioned was far more destabilising to the PTB who seem inimical to the majority of persons .
Why go after the DDOS attacks or what have you?
Is this all that can be accomplished or what?
There is other ways of stopping the takeover, or delaying it at least.
Though Wikileaks was a dissapointment in some respects, it shows how we can get the control of the goverment back from the PTB.
The SOLE weapon these slime have is their ability to do thier dirty deeds in secrecy!
The way to defeat them is clear....EXPOSURE!

As soon as the dirt is known, the people, will react.
The worse the news the more pissed off they will be.....
What we need is to expose the inner workings of the PTB to the world.
If these Hacktivists really want change, they have the meansto get it if their claims be true.....
So i say put up or shut up ANON.
Either do some real damage or just admit you are a shill operation for the cointelpro guys of the al CIAda crowd.
Just sayin. this is a serious battle, and you could be a real help....
Instead you guys just fool around with empty threats and dumb attacks .
get in their secrets...get it out to us!
mankind will become so disgusted they will deny the power en masse....simply walk away from the system....
Soldiers will drop their arms and come home...that simple...
There would be no one to stop them with the right information leaking out, The PTB would be running and hiding....or being strung from lamp posts.....
The people have to be shown how their very lives are wasted for the wealth accrual of a few insanely wealthy already......
a fruitless task for a lifetime of labour....
Then pass the burden on to choldren not yet born.....they didnt borrow this money....fight these wars....demand such lavish acouterments....
Yet it ultimately rests with your children and their children to pay and pay for generations of decadence by the elite.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join