It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! Anonymous hacks greek ministry! Threatens to whip away all citizen debt

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Why is it up to me to make such serious decisions regarding the future of another country? I am not an architect of Greece.

True, but while i and other make the point of austerity being needed (and austerity simply meaning fiscal restraint and responsibility, such as balancing their budget), you insist it is not necissary. If you make such a claim, surely you can explain WHY responsible spending is not necissary and perhaps give us your solution.

My solution to any economic problem is nationalism. Nationalize all assets, establish internal stability, and then open up to the world again. Opening yourself up to "help" from much stronger countries when you are at your weakest is beyond stupid and borders on pure desperation where perhaps only your small elite benefit while the rest don't.

Fair, but we know the Greeks cannot manage their national assets. Lets take a look at the Greek national railway, shall we?

en.wikipedia.org...

Pay extra attention to the massive losses, year after year. That is how their government run their national assets. Seems to me, nationalizing everything would simply increase their debt well beyond what it is right now. You simply cannot deny they Greek government need to learn how to manage assets. Why on earth would you suggest this government take on more loss, rather than sell to interests who would actually make money and taxable income? You do realize that any private interests who would buy said asset would be subject to taxation, and if the asset becomes profitable, it would benefit Greece in other ways.

And you think Greeks will starve without neo-liberal austerity? I believe exactly the opposite, and so do they hence why they riot everyday against this austerity.

Neo-liberal austerity? All i have ever stated is i want the Greeks to manage their books better and more responsibly. If this is by ditching the Euro and making a go of it alone, fine. But austerity (financial responsibility), will still be needed even then, wont it? Im not sure how you think a country will a massive trade and budget deficit will survive without balancing its books, perhaps you can explain that to me?

For some reason you seem to think that they do not have to change their habits at all and can still survive. Please, i beg of you to explain to me how they will pay for goods on the world market when their money becomes massively inflated due to printing money year after year to pay for their careless spending and waste. Yes, starvation is the only outcome.

Why are you bitching at me? I didn't even write what you quoted here, sy.gunson did

Fair enough, my apologies.

edit on 28-2-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join