It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I was getting in the shower yesterday, and I asked out loud for whoever took my washcloths and tweezers to please bring them back, I need them. I've read others say to do this because it worked for them. So I thought, why not?

As I stepped out of the shower I noticed a very tiny white feather lying on my red rug in front of the tub. I have no feather pillows, or anything that contains feathers. So.... where did it come from?

I never noticed the feather before I stepped into the shower, which I think I would have, because it showed up really well with that red background.

Leaving feathers for me has always been a sign from my spirit guide all throughout my life. So I took it as a sign that I was heard.

Well, now all I can do is wait and see if they show up. So far, they are still missing.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I have had a couple of experiences that are different. When I was a kid I had bunk beds for when friends stayed over (I was about 9 or 10 when this happened) and I use to sleep with my bedroom door open and it was a two story house so it had stairs goin up top and the stairs creaked when you went up them which were right by my bedroom door. One night I woke straight up out of sleep (like I had a giant glass of coffee or something) to a "tink" sound (best way I can describe it is my father use to smoke a pipe and we had a wood stove for heating the house that he would hit it sometimes to knock the tobacco loose in the pipe and it would make a tink noise) it went in 2 sets of 3. Tink tink tink.. Tink tink tink and then footsteps racing up the stairs fast and got to the top stair and it started over again each time seeming to get a little faster and faster. Each time getting to the top and starting over. I was frozen so scared not knowing what to do. I finally got the courage to rock the bunk bed (I slept on the top bunk) to smash it against the wall (my parents were in the room right next to my bunk beds) to wake my parents up and the foot steps kept coming faster and faster and I finally got the courage to start screaming. As soon as my parents opened their bedroom door freaking out asking what was wrong it stopped. I slept with the door closed from then on.

Another time I was 12 or 13 and home alone waiting for my mom to get home it was just getting dusk outside and I was started to wonder where she was and I heard a car pulling up. (I grew up where the closest house was a couple acres away so you knew when someone was coming up the driveway) I got up and looked outside and saw my mothers car but I didn't see my mother so I went outside. I saw her car but she wasn't inside and thought maybe she forgot the newspaper and walked down the driveway to get the paper (our driveway was about 2 football fields long and twisted down and around with trees around so I could only see about 1/4 of the driveway from the house). I went back inside and after about 15 minutes I thought were the heck did she go so I got back up and went outside and the car was gone. Now i'm getting a little worried as I didn't hear the car drive away and it wouldn't make sense that she would just come and leave. I went back inside confused and a little worried. About 15 minutes later I hear a car driving up and I get up and go outside and watch my mother pull up and get out. I said where did you go! She said she just got home and what was I talking about.

3rd time about 9 months later or so same type of thing only much more detail and in the daylight. It was summer and I would pitch a tent and sleep outside during the hot summer days. Anyhow one summer day about 11 am or so all my friends were gone and I was board so I thought I would just lay back in the tent and enjoy the summer weather. After about maybe 10 minutes or so I heard a car driving up the driveway and I looked out the tent window to see my step father driving my mothers car up the driveway with my mother in the passenger seat (they were about 30 feet from the tent or so). I didn't think much of it and put my head back down to enjoy the day. After a couple minutes I realized that I didn't hear the car doors close and so I looked back out the window and there was no car so I got up and got out of the tent. As I got out I heard a car coming up the driveway and watched my stepfather pull up driving and my mother in the passenger seat just like I had seen 5 or 10 minutes before and again same thing they said they just got home when I questioned where the heck they just went without me even hearing them drive away or get out of the car.

I get alot of deja vu but those 2 were the only times I have seen something before it happened.

I have had some other experiences also but those are the most memorable.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It seems that people that have an interest in the paranormal have a greater chance of the paranormal
happening to themselves. But the again there are plenty of people that have experiences before they are interested
in it. What do you guys think? Also I've had quite a few odd experiences of time or my perception of time slowing down. To the point where it seems nothing is moving. I've saved many a lamps and other object from being broken. I've looked online about this experience but I haven't really found anything. If anyone else has experience this I'd love to hear it.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSource

Hi, LightSource! Welcome to the thread, and thanks for sharing your stories.

Hearing something coming up the stairs can be a really frightening experience. I've heard that too. Not knowing who, or what it is, and whether it is "going to get you" can almost paralyze you with fear, right?

As for the other two posts, sounds like you "stepped across" into a different time (the future) for a few minutes. That would be a freaky thing to experience! I don't know what to say about that since that has never happened to me. I wonder if it has something to do with where you live? I've heard there are time portals in many different places all over the world.

Thanks again for sharing your stories. I hope you stick around and read the stories of others who have posted here. There are many fantastic experiences that have been shared on this thread. Some will make your jaw drop!

I welcome any feedback you have to offer, if you wish to say something. We like a good discussion here.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EtherealZeriel
It seems that people that have an interest in the paranormal have a greater chance of the paranormal
happening to themselves. But the again there are plenty of people that have experiences before they are interested
in it. What do you guys think? Also I've had quite a few odd experiences of time or my perception of time slowing down. To the point where it seems nothing is moving. I've saved many a lamps and other object from being broken. I've looked online about this experience but I haven't really found anything. If anyone else has experience this I'd love to hear it.

Thanks for posting, EtherealZerie. Welcome!

I haven't experienced this myself, but I've read about people being protected in accidents. They said it seemed like things went into slow motion, and they had a safe landing with no injuries, when they should have been killed!
Very strange indeed! I think this could be angels helping us in those types of dangerous circumstances.

As for catching a lamp in slow motion... I don't know what to say about that. If the lamp meant a lot to you, maybe something out there "fixed it" so you could catch it before it broke. Who knows? So many weird
things happen with no explanation!

I wasn't interested in the paranormal until things just started happening to me. That is what led to my research about it, which began at a very young age. I wanted to know what the heck was happening to me, and why?!

I can only speak for myself. Maybe some others didn't have experiences until they started seeking it out. I don't know.

Thank you again for posting, and hopefully, maybe someone else here can help answer your question about time slowing down better than I can.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

I haven't experienced this myself, but I've read about people being protected in accidents. They said it seemed like things went into slow motion, and they had a safe landing with no injuries, when they should have been killed!
Very strange indeed! I think this could be angels helping us in those types of dangerous circumstances.

As for catching a lamp in slow motion... I don't know what to say about that. If the lamp meant a lot to you, maybe something out there "fixed it" so you could catch it before it broke. Who knows? So many weird

I wasn't interested in the paranormal until things just started happening to me. That is what led to my research about it, which began at a very young age. I wanted to know what the heck was happening to me, and why?!

I can only speak for myself. Maybe some others didn't have experiences until they started seeking it out. I don't know.

Thank you again for posting, and hopefully, maybe someone else here can help answer your question about time slowing down better than I can.

I've read about many experiences kind of like this that has to do with trauma also.
The weird thing is when it happens to me, it hasn't been trauma related at all.
For example, I had a pretty big slow down years back where a friend threw a pillow in his house and hit a lamp.
Now I have no connection to the lamp other than I've seen it a lot because I would visit his house often.
But as soon as it hit i saw the lamp start to wobble and then I looked around and everyone was still, I then jump to grab the lamp. I had a few witnesses that saw it happen.

They say that it all happened really fast and they dont know how I managed to get the lamp.
There are many more stories.
I've Also had many times where my reflexes would do something before anything was happening. haha if that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
And thank you for the warm welcome!

I grew up reading about the paranormal but I also had things happen before I did.
But that was before I knew it was paranormal at all.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I've read about many experiences kind of like this that has to do with trauma also.
The weird thing is when it happens to me, it hasn't been trauma related at all.
For example, I had a pretty big slow down years back where a friend threw a pillow in his house and hit a lamp.
Now I have no connection to the lamp other than I've seen it a lot because I would visit his house often.
But as soon as it hit i saw the lamp start to wobble and then I looked around and everyone was still, I then jump to grab the lamp. I had a few witnesses that saw it happen.

They say that it all happened really fast and they dont know how I managed to get the lamp.
There are many more stories.
I've Also had many times where my reflexes would do something before anything was happening. haha if that makes sense.

I wonder if this could have anything to do with quantum jumping? Maybe it appears to be slow motion to the person experiencing it, but the others witnessing it just miss seeing part of the movement, or something? Hard to put into words what I'm trying to say.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcsandy
reply to post by sled735

Sheople would say oh that is just a coincidence, I say it is totally righteous and I want to get that book too,I do believe souls can incarnate - ET & Human - and human's encarnate into their own bloodline. Another reason to get her book - her last is Prophet!

L & L!

I must have over-looked this post, mcsandy. Sorry 'bout that!

But, now that I see it, I am wondering which post you are referring to here, and what book is it you want to get?
Who are you referring to about her last book being "Prophet"? Is it Sylvia Browne?

Maybe when you are discussing a post further back in the thread you should do a quote on the post so we will know what you're talking about.
Thanks for your interest, and feedback.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I thought I replied to this before apparently not.

My earliest memories of something not being right, I was 3 or 4 I think and was with my sister and we were doing a maze in a coloring book. Well I remember seeing the rabbit looking really sad but once I finished the maze the rabbit was suddenly smiling. My sister tried to deny it but I knew what happened and I think she kinda freaked out a bit.

Anyway on to more interesting stories. When I was about 7 or 8 we moved into the house I am at right now. When my mom and dad were looking at houses I remember walking through this one and I actually picked it out. Anyway the first night here I was laying in bed it was about 11:30pm and I couldn't sleep at all. I kept looking at the walls and I was happy because this was the first time I had my own room. Well suddenly I got this really anxious feeling and I heard our grandfather clock start to strike midnight. About the 3rd strike I see this black shadow walk from the hallway enter my room, he walked past the foot of my bed (there was a mirror there but I couldn't see through him) and exited out of my wall. Well that freaked me out and I would not sleep in my room for like 3 years.

But after that my mom and I would see flashes out of the corner of our eyes, it wasn't all the time just enough to where it got annoying. The last time it happened I yelled to stop it and it hasn't happened again. The other thing that would happen is that things would fall from counters or shelves. The one that I remember most vividly was that we had some paper plates in the middle of the table, this was night no doors or windows were open. I went into the kitchen got something to eat and left. Well about a second after I left I heard a crashing sound and the plated were neatly on the ground. They were in the middle of the table no way could they have fallen off.

One time I was watching TV and it was my mom,dad, brother and me watching the news or something. Because of the angle of the TV and couch my neck started to hurt so I looked forward and I see a hat that was on the fireplace it moved a little bit and then suddenly it lifted into the air about 6 inches. I yelled out holy crap did you see that? and once I did the hat fell.

The first 5 years or so of living in the house just weird things would happen, it seemed that we would have some activity then it would stop for a few months if not years. I think after I hit 7th grade we didn't have anything weird happen until I was in I think 12th grade where at night when I was trying to fall asleep I could hear 2 voices talking in the room under mine. Now the only thing that happened in that room as far as I know was one time my dad and I were upstairs and it was about noon or so. And nobody was here at all it was just the two of us. And suddenly my brothers radio it turns itself on and the volume all the way up. I think I was volunteered to go downstairs to turn it off. Anyway back to the voices, I couldn't really hear them but I could feel the vibrations if that makes sense. It was definately a male and female talking but I could never make out what they were saying.

After I graduated nothing really happened every once in awhile I'd start to get this feeling that if I didn't leave my room something bad would happen. Can't really describe the feeling other than it being pure evil, I've actually woken up having that feeling and a few times somebody watching me too.

So like I said sometimes the activity is silent for years well I think at this time nothing really happened for like 10 years maybe. Well it all started up again for about a week when I was home alone. I was watching a video and apparently the ghosts didn't like it, After the video was over I kept hearing banging in the house and like furniture being dragged in the room underneath mine. Well nobody was here they were all about 200 miles away. There were alot of furniture dragging and one time I was in the bathroom, heard the phone ring and the recorder pick up, I heard a female voice in the recorder and thought it was one of my sisters. Got out of the bathroom, no message and nobody called on the caller ID. So I called all 4 of them and nobody called. I got my revenge though as I played the video for like 3 hours at full blast, nothing after that.

Outside of the house I can only remember 1 ghost sighting, I was working for my dad and we were picking up tires from sears. He went to go get something signed and I don't know if I fell asleep or what but I saw this guy walk in front of the truck and next thing I know all I can see is his face coming right at me and like I said I can't remember if I was awake or asleep but it definately startled me.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

Thank you for sharing your stories with us, sandman441.

Sounds like you picked out the wrong house when you were young.

This could have been a previous owner still lurking around. Do you know if anyone died in that house? Or, it could be a relative of yours from the other side coming to check on you.

The evil presence seems to be a common thing with many "hauntings". I think these demons lurk in the shadows when some people pass over to keep them from crossing over to the light. But, if a person's faith is strong enough, they get help from their spiritual helpers to keep the demons at bay while crossing.

You seem to be sensitive to seeing and hearing spirits, too. I'm glad the activity has slowed down, or stopped for you after leaving that house. But, if you are sensitive, look for things to pick up again soon. The veil is lifting....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing your stories with us, sandman441.

Sounds like you picked out the wrong house when you were young.

This could have been a previous owner still lurking around. Do you know if anyone died in that house? Or, it could be a relative of yours from the other side coming to check on you.

The evil presence seems to be a common thing with many "hauntings". I think these demons lurk in the shadows when some people pass over to keep them from crossing over to the light. But, if a person's faith is strong enough, they get help from their spiritual helpers to keep the demons at bay while crossing.

You seem to be sensitive to seeing and hearing spirits, too. I'm glad the activity has slowed down, or stopped for you after leaving that house. But, if you are sensitive, look for things to pick up again soon. The veil is lifting....

haha maybe, but out of all the houses we looked at it was good. They could, I'm not religious though but I know atleast once where I got that feeling and didn't want to leave and stayed nothing happened but just that feeling of dread is overwhelming. As far as I know we are only the second people to live in the house. The other people moved out not sure why but talking to the other neighbors they never said why but they never mentioned that anybody died either.

The only thing I have ever found was that there was a house fire somewhere around my neighborhood and 2 kids died, they were playing with matches and the house lit on fire. This house was built in 1972 and we moved in about 1987ish I think. All the hauntings here they've never felt like bad it's just kind of shocking when you know your the only person here and you hear noises.

I might be sensitive I'm not sure, This has started recently but I've had 2 cousins I think die, I don't really know my mom and dads family, they live accross the country and just never really met them. Anyway so like I said I had 2 cousins die at different times, but for some reason the day after they died and for about 3 days after I could feel something hovering right next to my bed and I get the feeling it was him (them it happened 2 different times) but the thing is is that I didn't even know them at all.

We had 2 dogs that we've lost about a year or two ago. One had cancer and it was basically eating his organs. Well it was my decision to put him down because the date was already set but we could pull out any time we wanted to. About 3 days before the appointment he was not his usual self and it was really obvious. So on the way to the vets we were in the backseat and he put his head on my lap the entire time there, which when we got him as a puppy he was shivering and I carried him in my jacket all the way home. Anyway maybe a few months later I had a dream about him and he was mad at me, red eyes and growling at me. Anyway I think he kinda understood because in all the other dreams I've had he was normal. Though our other dog I've seen her once or twice usually with the other dog and she kinda ignores me. I think she acknowledged me once and that was it. But she suddenly died in her sleep so that might make a difference.

Oh I do have on more story this happened a long time ago and I don't know how it ended but here goes. One summer I went to this like day camp I was 12 and he was 10. Well we met these 2 kids and kinda became fast friends. Now these kids they would tell us about going to a graveyard and playing around in it. I think they were doing some occult stuff or atleast later got into that. But I know one time my nephew went with them to the grave yard (I would not go) and he came back and I think he saw something because that was the last time we played with them and he kinda didn't say what they did or anything. So after that we stopped hanging around them and I did not see them until maybe a year later. I saw one of them andit was during the final few weeks of school. This kid looked horrible I'd say zombie looking but zombies looked better. I talked to him he didn't really say anything to me and kinda walked off. So I'm not sure if he did something in the cemetary or like I said I think they got a little bit into the occult, I don't remember their names but that was 15-20 years ago.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Sorry to hear about your dogs. Being a deep animal lover, I think I get more emotional hearing about animals than I do about people dying. (Gives you an idea how I feel about the human race, huh?
)
I had to put my cat down about three years ago, and I'm still grieving over him.
I think animals can appear to us after death, or we can hear them walking, etc. Nice to know they are still with us in spirit.

As for the graveyard kids... I saw a show on "School Spirits" a few weeks ago where this guy saw a ghost in his room, and afterwards he became so depressed, and "out of it" as you described this kid. I think spirits can definitely attach themselves to people to "drag them down".

Thanks for your story. And, I didn't say it before..... Welcome to the thread.

edit on 9/6/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

As for the graveyard kids... I saw a show on "School Spirits" a few weeks ago where this guy saw a ghost in his room, and afterwards he became so depressed, and "out of it" as you described this kid. I think spirits can definitely attach themselves to people to "drag them down".

Thanks for your story. And, I didn't say it before..... Welcome to the thread.:

You know it could be something attached to him too, Because he looked horrible. He had these really bad dark circle around his eyes and it wasn't a black eye. He just didn't look right. And I'm sure that whatever they were doing in the graveyard wasn't respectful.

Thanks for the welcome, I have maybe one or two more stories in me that I'll have to remember all of the details. I thought I already posted in here but I didn't.
edit on 6-9-2012 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I have experienced a few different aspects of the paranormal, (apperitions hearing voices and the like) not sure if this is what your looking for but you can read through my thread SO..... I believe the hotel I work for may be haunted

or to read of another of my experiences that could or could not have been paranormal you can read my thread Red Eyes in the cornfield

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
I have experienced a few different aspects of the paranormal, (apperitions hearing voices and the like) not sure if this is what your looking for but you can read through my thread SO..... I believe the hotel I work for may be haunted

or to read of another of my experiences that could or could not have been paranormal you can read my thread Red Eyes in the cornfield

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, JROCK2527. I just got home from work, but I look forward to reading your threads. May have to wait until I've caught a few zzzzzs, though.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Ok so one time I had this dream, it felt so real. I was walking along a path lined with trees, There was a guy with me probably about my age (I was I think 10-12 at the time) Anyway we were talking and the guy made a joke and I started to kind of chuckle, well the last thing he said was if you laugh you will wake up. Well I ended up I guess sleep laughing. Never had the dream again and have no idea who the other person was.

This dream I've had 2-3 times. Again this dream feels real. So it always starts out to where I am in the living room sitting in a chair watching TV. From the living room you can see into part of my room. Well I suddenly look into my room from the chair and see this kid jumping on my bed. I yell at him to get out of my room but he doesn't listen. So I somehow end up at the door (I don't remember walking) and yell at him again. Well this kid is burnt like his entire body and the feeling I get is absolute evil. After I see the kid that is usually when the dream either fades or something happens. But the reason it feels real is that I don't remember waking up, So I must just go into the next dream phase or something. But I have had kind of weird dreams too meaning that sometimes what happens in my dream I can actually feel. I remember this one dream I had where I was in a car in the middle of traffic and I ended up kissing her and I woke up right after and she had a peppermind lipstick on. Well when I woke up I felt the peppermint on my lips.

The other dream I had was I can't remember if I got shot or something got cut off. But after that happened I woke up and I think it was my leg was throbbing and the pain was really bad. It finally subsided after a few minutes but I could kind of feel that all day. I don't think I went back to bed after that dream. I usually do not have bad dreams and when I do I almost always end up fighting whatever and beating it up. A few times I've lost but usually I wake up after that.

has anybody ever seen this painting?
en.wikipedia.org...

The first time I saw the Ebay listing people were saying they were scared of it and stuff like that. I got into the thread and was like yeah right it's on ebay. Anyway I opened the link and after about 10-15 seconds of looking at the painting. The glass change jar that I have, I heard a sound like somebody put their hand in the jar and was swirling the change around with a finger or two. Which would be impossible as the lid was on the change jar and also nobody else was in the room.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing more of your experiences with us, sandman411.

Yes, dreams are interesting, aren't they? Sometimes I think we recall past-live memories when we sleep, other times we are actually visiting with loved ones, or spirit guides on the astral plane, some contain symbolic messages for our spiritual growth, and still others are just your ordinary dream where our mind works out the days events in our subconsciousness.

I hadn't seen that painting. Thank you for the link.

That reminds me of a show my friend and I watched last week on Paranormal Witness.
This guy bought a pallet of things being sold at an auction, and contained on the pallet was a small box that looked like a wine container. The young lady called it a dibbit box ( not sure of the spelling ). She told him never to open it. It supposedly contained a trapped demon. So, of course he opened it.
ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE from that point!

I know spirits can attach to material objects, such as that painting, too. The cast on the show, The Haunted Collector are making a good living off these objects with attached spirits. Interesting show.

I didn't like looking at the painting. I took a quick glimpse after reading about it, and didn't even save it to my files.
(Shiver). Don't like it!

Thanks again for your stories.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I saw that show - I think it's a dybbuk (Yiddish) box... contains a malevolent force?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I just had the weirdest experience! I was on this other thread where they are discussing what to expect after death if a person commits suicide. I gave my two cents worth, and received a message from the OP that they were only looking for comments because they plan to do the deed this Sunday.
She/he agreed with my post.

I immediately sent them a LONG detailed message as to why they shouldn't do this. Then I came back to the thread, which only had 2 pages of replies when I left, and there are 9 or 10 pages of replies there! I was trying to find my own post when I came across a post by someone who had some really good advice on this subject. So, I was going to message the OP on the thread to be sure to read the message on page 5 by.....this person.

Okay.... when I get off the thread, it shows me as being the last to post in my subscribed list for that thread. WTH?!
I get back on the thread, and there are only 2 pages of replies, as it was the first time.

Hummm.............

So, I go and send a message to the person who posted the reply that I saw, and asked for the name of the thread, or if they could send a private message to this person to help them.

I think this post was brought to my attention in a supernatural way, even if it was a computer glitch, and this will help this person to stick around for awhile.

Just had to share that with you guys!

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join