It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 1questioner

Thank you for sharing that with us, 1 questioner.
And I appreciate the compliment on the thread, also.

I do have a response, but I am about to walk out the door to go to work now. I'll respond in the morning when I get home. Just didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. I was watching a video, then came back and saw your post.

Have a good night everyone. If others have feedback, please post it.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm just gonna copy and paste this from my thread...

When I was about 4 or 5, I woke up from a nightmare. I looked to the side of my bed where a trash can usually was and I saw a goblin or gremlin type creature. I saw it clear and vivid as day. About three feet tall, greenish grey skin, bald head, tall pointed ears, big black oval shaped eyes, long pointed nose, an evil looking grin from ear to ear with sharp yellow teeth, long arms with big hands and long bony fingers, sharp pointed nails. Real thin body, his legs were thin and bony, big feet with long bony toes and pointed nails. He was looking at me with a grin on his face and it scared the holy hell out of me.

I know I was awake because I hid under my blanket and pressed myself against the wall for about five minutes. When I came out from under the blanket, he was gone.

Around the same time period, I awoke from a nightmare again and in the doorway to my bedroom, I saw one of those Chinese dragons. I remember being so scared, I ran right through it to go to my parent's room.

Fast forward a few years. I must have been about 13. My bedroom windows looked out onto the airport, which was about 5 miles away. One night, I was lying awake and I saw two pairs of lights. Each pair was a red light and a green light. I got out of bed and walked to the window. It must have been 1 am. Both pairs of lights were over the airport, so at first, you'd figure them to be planes. But they started zig zagging separately from each other, sometimes crossing each others paths. They moved faster than any aircraft I had and have ever seen. They did this for about five minutes, and then sped off in separate directions and were gone before I had a chance to blink.

About the same time I started having recurring dreams and feelings. When I would lay in bed and close my eyes, it would feel as if I was falling. I could see everything in my room, and it all seemed to get bigger. It felt as if my head was expanding and encompassing my entire room. Other times, usually right before I would get sick, I would have the same dream where everything would be made of purple cubes. I would usually be at a purple block castle with some sort of purple block person there. There was never any words. It was odd. I just remember exploring the block castle and waking up with a cold.

I had begun taking karate around this time also, and I experienced a completely serene moment during meditation once. I was in the back row of class, and we usually meditated for about 5 minutes or so. I closed my eyes but could still see the class in front of me. I realized I could see outside of the main room into the second training room, which was empty. Then I realized I could see outside the building all of the cars driving past. I could hear them also. I kept going to the park which was about half a mile away. I could see a few people walking down the street. I could hear their footsteps. I saw children playing in the park. I could hear the swings going back and forth and the kids laughing and screaming. It was odd, because I could still see the karate class. I watched the teacher walk right behind me with the wooden staff he used to break the meditation, and I watched him slam it onto the wooden floor. I opened my eyes and was at peace.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
(Continued)

Somewhere along the line, I lost all that stuff. I didn't have any other experiences. Until I lived in Italy for three years.

I had an apartment in a town I later found out to be one of the towns the Templars and Order of Malta used for whatever reason. San Quirino. When I moved in, my neighbors told me they had a ghost which ultimately resulted in an exorcism. They had been there a couple years before me, so I couldn't verify. They did however tell me my apartment was haunted.

Apparently the family of three who had lived here told them about their daughter speaking to a "bad man" in my spare bedroom.

My experience there was not with a bad man per se, but it was odd. When I first moved in, my tv shut itself off a few times. I didn't think that was too weird. Almost a year later, I started hearing the wardrobe in my bedroom creak as if it were being opened, every morning (I worked nights) around 7-7:30am. It would continue on until I told the spirit to stop. About a year later, the wardrobe deal was still happening, I was outside sitting in a chair on the lawn at about 2pm, enjoying the sun and a beer, and the sprinklers turned on just long enough for me to get off the grass. Two days later, I was having a beer outside with one of my buddies at the same time of day and I told him about the sprinklers. He didn't believe me until the sprinklers turned on just long enough for us to get off the grass. About a week later, I was watching The Haunting (1963 Horror movie), and as soon as it was finished, I went to the bathroom. I came back out the the living room and turned off the hall light, and sat down. A few minutes later, the hall light turned on. I even heard an audible click from the switch. Then I began hearing the "thud" noise from the movie outside of the apartment (it sounded as if it were coming from miles away). I moved back to the states soon after that.

Also, I just remembered this one recently. I was about 17 and my friends and I were looking for something to do... I had heard about an abandoned mansion which was supposed to be haunted, so i suggested we go there. We got there and there was another group of teenagers already there, so being "cool," I suggested we break in.

We climbed over the gates and climbed up some scaffolding (they were renovating it) to a second story window. We went inside and starting looking around, everyone adding something to the ghost story as we went. We all decided to have a seance in the wine cellar (yea, stupid move, I know). There were about 10-12 of us sitting in a circle holding hands, and someone started calling for a ghost or something.

All of the sudden, I began burning up, like I had just been lit on fire. It was so bad, I had to actually leave the wine cellar.

Immediately upon walking out of the wine cellar, I heard the front door open, and 3-4 people running inside. It was the cops! Everyone bolted, and because I had a head start, I would have been the only one to get out without the cops even noticing me.

I went up to the second floor and watched all the other kids get rounded up by the police, and since I wasn't the one driving, I didn't want to be stranded there or have my friends be pissed off I got away and they didn't, so I went down and dealt with the consequences, which ended up being nothing, anyways. I guess people caused trouble up there all the time.

I swear, though. SOMETHING told me to get out of there. It was so odd.
edit on 22-8-2012 by mkmasn because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2012 by mkmasn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Okay, I'm home.

The fact your animal totem revealed itself to you is awesome!
There is a member here, Scribe611, who went to a drumming session to try to see her animal totem, but was unsuccessful. She has her experience posted in the thread somewhere. You should feel lucky that you got to see yours, and know he is with you, protecting you.

As for the meditation... I used to try to have OBEs, but kept getting brought back from my deep meditation by loud bangs! Arnolac, who has a thread on ATS, said this happened because "it wasn't my calling." He said if I continued I could injure my mind. So............... I'll leave that one alone!

When Alfred2012 asked his guide if there would be many deaths during "the big event" to happen later this year he was told, "It is different."
I have since come across a video by David Wilcock where he said he spoke with a lady that told him about her vision. She saw two earths, each vibrating at different frequencies beside each other.

David seems to think that the people with higher vibrations (third eye open) will simply appear on the new earth, and people with a lower frequency (third eye closed) will stay on the old earth. This could be what Alfred's guide was implying when he said "it is different". This could also be what Christians call "the rapture". Some people simply vanish!

I feel an excitement building inside as I await the events to occur as the year advances to
12-21-12! Something like we have never experienced before is definitely going to happen!

Thank you for your contribution to the thread, and thanks for your compliments. I look forward to your future input.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

Thanks for hopping over to my thread, mkmasn. Welcome!

You have had many experiences, as most others on this thread. I will leave the feedback for others because I have a problem with my left eye, and looking at the computer isn't helping right now.
But, I will say... I am getting very jealous of all you people who have OBEs without even trying! I want to go, too!

Thanks for sharing your experiences here.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

As for the meditation... I used to try to have OBEs, but kept getting brought back from my deep meditation by loud bangs! Arnolac, who has a thread on ATS, said this happened because "it wasn't my calling." He said if I continued I could injure my mind. So............... I'll leave that one alone!

Loud bangs are what I've heard a lot when trying to go to sleep. The best way to describe it is if you blew up a little paper bag and popped it right beside my ear. I've read that it's a normal sound of coming back into your body... never thought it was telling me I shouldn't do that! And just to clarify, I wasn't trying to do anything but sleep! Strangely enough, I was just thinking about this earlier - I sometimes "drive off the road" when trying to go to sleep, especially if I'm very tired. I also trip and fall, getting a huge rush of adrenaline trying to catch myself, and it makes my heart skip and pound. I end up sitting up violently in bed, grabbing at something to steady myself it's so real. I've driven off a lot of cliffs before when I was younger, but it's usually in extreme slow motion, barely creeping. If someone is with me in the car I can have a perfectly normal-speed conversation as we're creeping down the side of the cliff, and there's plenty of time to prepare for hitting the bottom, but I always wake up before then. The absolute worst thing that's happened as I was drifting off to sleep was driving down a road I used to live near, talking to someone inside the car, and as I turned to look through the windshield again I barely glimpsed a 7 or 8 year old boy disappearing under the hood of my car as I ran him over. I sat up in bed and cried out, "Oh dear God," and almost threw up. He had dark olive skin, black curly hair, and was wearing a red t-shirt and long army green shorts. These things are not fun, and you never know when they're coming... I definitely don't seek them out.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611

Loud bangs are what I've heard a lot when trying to go to sleep. The best way to describe it is if you blew up a little paper bag and popped it right beside my ear. I've read that it's a normal sound of coming back into your body... never thought it was telling me I shouldn't do that! And just to clarify, I wasn't trying to do anything but sleep!

Yes, this is sort of what I hear. The bang I hear now comes from my bedside table. It sounds like someone is taking a hammer to it very hard... just once. I jump back into reality. I have read this is when we go back into our body, too. Maybe we're just at the very beginning stages of having an OBE?

"The absolute worst thing that's happened as I was drifting off to sleep was driving down a road I used to live near, talking to someone inside the car, and as I turned to look through the windshield again I barely glimpsed a 7 or 8 year old boy disappearing under the hood of my car as I ran him over. I sat up in bed and cried out, "Oh dear God," and almost threw up. He had dark olive skin, black curly hair, and was wearing a red t-shirt and long army green shorts. These things are not fun, and you never know when they're coming... I definitely don't seek them out."

WOW!
What a terrifying dream! There is symbolic messages there. When I get time, I'll interpret this for you.
Thanks for your feedback, Scribe. You have been a constant, loyal fan of this thread, and I appreciate all your input.

edit on 8/23/2012 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

I invited mkmasn to leave his thread to post on mine. I would appreciate any feedback you all have to offer him.
He has had a lot of experiences. Anyone?

mkmasn, maybe people will come around more over the weekend. I hope you get some responses to your posts. It was very long, and deserves some recognition.

edit on 8/23/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Well, thank YOU, Sled, for creating this thread in the first place! It's amazing to have a place where we all can talk openly about our experiences and not be ridiculed. This thread has become a safe place for all types of experiencers of the paranormal. I've read several threads on here that have devolved into verbal arrows being slung in all directions; thank goodness this one has not sunk to those depths.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

reply to post by mkmasn

I invited mkmasn to leave his thread to post on mine. I would appreciate any feedback you all have to offer him.

mkmasn, maybe people will come around more over the weekend. I hope you get some responses to your posts. It was very long, and deserves some recognition.

The thing I'm most curious about is the goblin. It could just be a kid's overactive imagination, but it was so real, if I wasn't so scared, I probably could have touched the thing. Perhaps also the seance... that was weird... it literally felt like I was on fire.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Loud bangs are what I've heard a lot when trying to go to sleep. The best way to describe it is if you blew up a little paper bag and popped it right beside my ear. I've read that it's a normal sound of coming back into your body... never thought it was telling me I shouldn't do that! And just to clarify, I wasn't trying to do anything but sleep! Strangely enough, I was just thinking about this earlier - I sometimes "drive off the road" when trying to go to sleep, especially if I'm very tired. I also trip and fall, getting a huge rush of adrenaline trying to catch myself, and it makes my heart skip and pound. I end up sitting up violently in bed, grabbing at something to steady myself it's so real. I've driven off a lot of cliffs before when I was younger, but it's usually in extreme slow motion, barely creeping. If someone is with me in the car I can have a perfectly normal-speed conversation as we're creeping down the side of the cliff, and there's plenty of time to prepare for hitting the bottom, but I always wake up before then. The absolute worst thing that's happened as I was drifting off to sleep was driving down a road I used to live near, talking to someone inside the car, and as I turned to look through the windshield again I barely glimpsed a 7 or 8 year old boy disappearing under the hood of my car as I ran him over. I sat up in bed and cried out, "Oh dear God," and almost threw up. He had dark olive skin, black curly hair, and was wearing a red t-shirt and long army green shorts. These things are not fun, and you never know when they're coming... I definitely don't seek them out.

That's so funny... loud bangs are what my sensei's used to end our meditation... A wooden staff slammed down on the wood flooring.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkmasn

reply to post by mkmasn

The thing I'm most curious about is the goblin. It could just be a kid's overactive imagination, but it was so real, if I wasn't so scared, I probably could have touched the thing. Perhaps also the seance... that was weird... it literally felt like I was on fire.

I doubt it was your imagination. If so, you had a very weird one!
I posted a reply in your thread, but I will say here, I think this was a real being. Probably some demon giving that appearance to scare the living daylights out of you. They feed on fear. I'm glad you survived that experience!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Last night/today I had a dream. In my dream I was asleep lying on the couch in a doctors office. There were two of my co-workers there, also. We were all sleeping. (The doctor was called away to do emergency surgery.)

I remember that I was dreaming something during this time (while sleeping in the doctors office), then being woke up when the nurse came to tell us it shouldn't be much longer. A couple of other people came in to wait while I was awake in the waiting area, and we had some conversation, then I went back to sleep on the couch. I don't remember anything after that.

This isn't called lucid dreaming because I didn't have control over what happened.
What is it called when you have a dream within a dream? I have seen this before, but don't remember what was said about it. Anyone out there know? Have you ever experienced this?
edit on 8/24/2012 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkmasn

That's so funny... loud bangs are what my sensei's used to end our meditation... A wooden staff slammed down on the wood flooring.

Well now, that's interesting! I hadn't connected the two accounts until you brought it to my attention. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I have experienced dreams every which way inside and out. It's just a dream, Sled735. Nothing special about it, sorry to say. But they are still fascinating, aren't they?

I have had dreams where I was asleep and dreaming as well; only to wake up and realize that I'm still asleep and this is the dream. It's pretty far out; dreams within dreams and such. I have also had dreams where I was told I was dead and this was the afterlife to explore (that was more of a lucid dream, I guess?)

Most of my dreams now are semi-lucid. I realize I'm in the dream world and take control almost every time I dream.

Dreams are our own creations. It's like a mini-reality-creation experiment we get to run when we sleep. We get to play Creator in a kindergarten-like environment. Everything is safe and temporary and has no lasting consequence. We actually get to be co-Creator during wakeful consciousness as well, but this is for the advanced students haha

We just have to ask ourselves what this creation meant to us and why we might have done it.

Sometimes, we get lost in the delusion of our creations (dreams) as well and become one of the actors instead of the director. This is actually a similar premise to our role here on earth as human beings; we lost the creative potential as we became lost in the illusions of creation (maya, the so-called "veil".)

edit on 24-8-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Last night/today I had a dream. In my dream I was asleep lying on the couch in a doctors office. There were two of my co-workers there, also. We were all sleeping. (The doctor was called away to do emergency surgery.)

I remember that I was dreaming something during this time (while sleeping in the doctors office), then being woke up when the nurse came to tell us it shouldn't be much longer. A couple of other people came in to wait while I was awake in the waiting area, and we had some conversation, then I went back to sleep on the couch. I don't remember anything after that.

Okay, first I'm wondering - are these two co-workers beginning to learn about the paranormal or spiritual aspects of the world? If so... here's a stab at interpretation. Perhaps the doctor in your dream represents someone in a healing, or teaching environment. This could be the source that all of our dreams, meditations, etc. stem from. He has possibly been called away on more pressing business with higher beings. You and your co-workers are still sleeping (unaware) of the details of the events to come, but you are slowly taking steps and beginning to awaken, but it's not quite time to use your new-found skills yet; hence the nurse saying it's not going to be much longer, and so you go back to sleep until such time as you will be needed. More people coming in could be all of us sharing our experiences on your thread, and learning even more through each others' experiences. More of us are "getting ready" for when we will most be needed.

About the dream within a dream, I don't think I've had anything like that. I think I had a vision within a dream, or it may have been instead of the dream... still trying to figure that one out.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Okay, first I'm wondering - are these two co-workers beginning to learn about the paranormal or spiritual aspects of the world? If so... here's a stab at interpretation. Perhaps the doctor in your dream represents someone in a healing, or teaching environment. This could be the source that all of our dreams, meditations, etc. stem from. He has possibly been called away on more pressing business with higher beings. You and your co-workers are still sleeping (unaware) of the details of the events to come, but you are slowly taking steps and beginning to awaken, but it's not quite time to use your new-found skills yet; hence the nurse saying it's not going to be much longer, and so you go back to sleep until such time as you will be needed. More people coming in could be all of us sharing our experiences on your thread, and learning even more through each others' experiences. More of us are "getting ready" for when we will most be needed.

About the dream within a dream, I don't think I've had anything like that. I think I had a vision within a dream, or it may have been instead of the dream... still trying to figure that one out.

Thanks, Scribe. I suppose that's possible. Makes sense to me.
I haven't analyzed it yet. Hadn't even thought about the meaning, just wanted to know if anyone had ever had a dream within a dream?

Your vision within a dream was probably your guides showing you something important from the astral plane in your dream. Do you remember the vision? Care to share?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Sorry, I just now realized I had not responded to your post.

I appreciate your input. You have a very interesting outlook where dreams are concerned.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Ha, since I'm one of the few people saying that "dreams don't matter" in the scheme of things, I'm not so sure my input is valued.

You already know where I stand on dream interpretation. I think unless you're having a full-blown OOBE/ astral experience, that it's just a dream. It's just a manifestation of some part of us that doesn't last. Dreams contain messages that we sometimes don't confront during wakeful consciousness. I think that means it's time to take appraisal of one's waking life, and not the dream life.

Dreams are fascinating! I sometimes wish I could just live in the dreamworld and forget about my life here. But, I know that we have more important work to do here first; that is, action and karma to purify the vehicle of the soul.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by sled735

Ha, since I'm one of the few people saying that "dreams don't matter" in the scheme of things, I'm not so sure my input is valued.

You already know where I stand on dream interpretation. I think unless you're having a full-blown OOBE/ astral experience, that it's just a dream. It's just a manifestation of some part of us that doesn't last. Dreams contain messages that we sometimes don't confront during wakeful consciousness. I think that means it's time to take appraisal of one's waking life, and not the dream life.

Dreams are fascinating! I sometimes wish I could just live in the dreamworld and forget about my life here. But, I know that we have more important work to do here first; that is, action and karma to purify the vehicle of the soul.

While I respect your opinion on dreams, I have to disagree.

Some dreams have very important messages for our spiritual growth, or to point out areas we need to work on in our life, that we receive from our astral teachers while we sleep. The evidence of this is contained in some of the dreams I interpreted on this thread for Timical, and Scribe611.

Although, as you said, some dreams are just our mind working out problems we encountered during our wakeful state. There are different types of dreams, but I think they are all very meaningful for us, if we just look deep into the message.

Thanks for your input.

edit on 8/25/2012 by sled735 because: correction

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join