It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I appreciate the welcoming.
I'll do my best to read through this thread & give my own feedback.

I realized that I probably could add some more bullets. Give me a few you'd really like me to elaborate on & I'll do my very best to explain.

• Ability to not only sense emotions but energy & alignment of entities & objects (ongoing)
  • While I was reading "The Mothman Prophecies", I saw an angry face appear in my mind & then vanish. I suspected that something didn't want to me continue reading it but I kept going. (South Korea)

I'll see what I can find out from your own posts. I'm curious to know if there are details that might bring more knowledge about the similar experiences.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKnight13
reply to post by sled735

I appreciate the welcoming.
I'll do my best to read through this thread & give my own feedback.

I realized that I probably could add some more bullets. Give me a few you'd really like me to elaborate on & I'll do my very best to explain.

• Ability to not only sense emotions but energy & alignment of entities & objects (ongoing)
  • While I was reading "The Mothman Prophecies", I saw an angry face appear in my mind & then vanish. I suspected that something didn't want to me continue reading it but I kept going. (South Korea)

I'll see what I can find out from your own posts. I'm curious to know if there are details that might bring more knowledge about the similar experiences.

Well, personally, I would like to hear about all of them, but that would take you forever, unless you have time.
I guess the ones that interest me the most would be:

Recurring night terror of floating over a glowing underground city with an ancient pyramid/temple at the center - would wake up screaming near the pyramid which emanated a powerful & evil intelligence (elementary school age)

Unearthly howling from the surrounding woods in central PA while living in house that I grew up in. No dogs barked or howled at all during that incident... (middle school or high school)

A shimmering malevolent being (possibly a demon) that I felt was about to attack my friend but didn't because I was there (Samsung Everland, Yongin, South Korea)

And, During a very dark night, something like sounded like a wailing banshee (very unearthly & malevolent in feeling/sound) headed towards my house & then turned around as soon as it got close. The sound faded away after what sounded like it turned around. (2 or 3 years ago - Norfolk, VA)

I am very interested in learning all the OBE experiences of others. And it sounds like this is what was happening with you.

Also, I have wondered for years about the experiences I've had similar to what you are describing with these screaming creatures in the woods. One person posted something about "The New Jersey Devil" that came closer to anything I have found that sounded like what I heard.

I look forward to reading your encounters!

edit on 8/16/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Some of the posts here aren't too impressive... but a lot are. would be cool to have a synopsis of the coolest experiences (or post number). just too many pages to dig through

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BailSnail
Some of the posts here aren't too impressive... but a lot are. would be cool to have a synopsis of the coolest experiences (or post number). just too many pages to dig through

Did you start at the beginning of the thread? There are many good ones there. Then around page 30 there are many good ones by Timical. If you are interested in OBEs, and messages received, you will find posts beginning on page 41, I think, by Alfred2012. There really are good ones all through the thread. I hate for you to miss any of the good ones. I just can't remember the pages of all of them, sorry.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Recurring night terror of floating over a glowing underground city with an ancient pyramid/temple at the center - would wake up screaming near the pyramid which emanated a powerful & evil intelligence (elementary school age)

This one always seemed to be the most vivid. There were variances of it, where I'd be taken over the "city" on different routes & see strange buildings. Some of the variants are vague since they all showed something different. Overall, they all seemed to offer the same general experience.

The whole city was within a large dome-shaped cavern. The formation of it actually looked natural since I don't recall seeing any smooth edges to the wall & ceiling. The whole entire place was lit by what looked like a bio-luminescent glow from the outer edges & the highest point of the ceiling. Most of the buildings had a very square look to them & weren't very unique.The whole entire place felt devoid of natural life but it felt very alive with spiritual activity. I always remember feeling dread & awe when I looked at the stepped pyramid in the middle. It looked like what the Mayans (& other ancient cultures) would have built. I'm very unsure if this is a real or spiritual place but it definitely has the look of an ancient underground city. As I'd hit the end of the journey, a highly intelligent & malevolent energy seemed to dwell within the pyramid. This very entity seemed to freak my spirit out so much that I woke up screaming in a cold sweat. My mom rarely knew what to do with me when it happened since I think I was hysterical. I don't feel such fear anymore due to my strength of faith & abilities.

I'm really curious to know if someone has experienced this or know of such a place. A person once mentioned that it might be a gateway of Hell (if someone were to believe that).

A shimmering malevolent being (possibly a demon) that I felt was about to attack my friend but didn't because I was there (Samsung Everland, Yongin, South Korea)

My friend & I were heading to Samsung Everland from Osan Air Base in South Korea. Both of us were in the US Air Force at this time. We were in deep conversation about paranormal experiences & what abilities we understood about ourselves at the time. We got off the bus we had taken when we arrived at the amusement park & he started off by telling me about an incident while he was in linguist school in Monterey, CA. He explained to me that either a friend or him saw a strong force moving across the ocean water & pinned one of them down. It appeared to be a demon since it emanating anger & darkness to an overwhelming level while speaking insane things. One of them prayed against it & it left them. Hearing all of this, I was getting strong feedback, of which may have been about the event or we were attracting the wrong attention while walking through Everland. We decided to get some food in a fast food restaurant & when we sat down, I knew something was off. I looked over near the entrance & I saw the outline of a shimmering being. I could tell that it was a female & it was ready to kill if given the chance. I started praying against it silently while it stayed in the same place for a minute. My friend was getting a strong buzzing feeling in his mind while all of this was going on. I suspected that he was the target of this being since he told me later on that he had a recurring vision of a woman in black that always kept watching & seemed to want to cause chaos (according to him). Once this being left, we both felt very relieved. That probably was the closest call to dealing with a very powerful spiritual entity. I'm glad it didn't turn into some hellish event...

And, During a very dark night, something like sounded like a wailing banshee (very unearthly & malevolent in feeling/sound) headed towards my house & then turned around as soon as it got close. The sound faded away after what sounded like it turned around. (2 or 3 years ago - Norfolk, VA)

This one was pretty freakish since my wife was asleep & we didn't have the dog (who is highly spiritually sensitive) we own now. I was standing in the kitchen of our house getting a drink of water (I think) & wasn't paying much mind to anything. Out of nowhere, I hear a freakish howling heading towards our house (which is in the suburbs of Norfolk, VA). It was quite dark outside & not many lights or vehicles were around to give me any illumination as to what was headed my way. I started to pray for protection & braced for impact the closer it got. Instead I heard it turn around & fade away. I did get a strange image in my mind about it's appearance. It appeared to look like a horse-headed being with a lanky body & long claws. I was glad that ended without incident as well...
edit on 17-8-2012 by CrimsonKnight13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Continued...

Unearthly howling from the surrounding woods in central PA while living in house that I grew up in. No dogs barked or howled at all during that incident... (middle school or high school)

This one was a very random event. My younger brother & I were home while our parents were out doing something. I can recall that other than what I've described, the valley that we lived in had a lot of strange events go on that I would constantly see from the house (often of which I couldn't identify). My brother & I both heard the howling & I knew that it wasn't something I was hearing alone. I'm unsure what it might have been but I know that I've read enough about hell hounds to suspect that is what we heard. I even went as far to read more about hell hounds to know that that what I sensed about the howling that day feels the same exact way as to what I felt when reading about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

This one was pretty freakish since my wife was asleep & we didn't have the dog (who is highly spiritually sensitive) we own now. I was standing in the kitchen of our house getting a drink of water (I think) & wasn't paying much mind to anything. Out of nowhere, I hear a freakish howling heading towards our house (which is in the suburbs of Norfolk, VA). It was quite dark outside & not many lights or vehicles were around to give me any illumination as to what was headed my way. I started to pray for protection & braced for impact the closer it got. Instead I heard it turn around & fade away. I did get a strange image in my mind about it's appearance. It appeared to look like a horse-headed being with a lanky body & long claws. I was glad that ended without incident as well...

This gave me chills! Your description could also be what used to run by my window at night when I was a child. The only difference is, it started out running on two legs that sounded like horse hoofs, and as it passed my window I could hear wings flapping, and it flew away. Then it came back and did it all over again. There were some claw prints in the snow one day where it had been running by my window the previous night. The New Jersey Devil describes it to a tee! Do these things actually exist?!
I don't guess you have come across that story I posted yet. If I have time later today, I'll look for it, and tell you what page it's on.

As for your dream about the pyramids, I don't know if that was an OBE, or a past-life memory you were recalling.
Apparently something very frightening happened to you there, if it was a memory from your past. I don't know how to comment on this.

The howling outside your house sounds like the thing I thought was probably a "big foot" at my house. That post was toward the beginning of the thread, if you haven't read it yet.

The shimmering ghost is similar to what I saw, but mine was in the woods, stood very tall, and appeared to be a large creature of some kind. Gives me the heebeegeebees thinking about it!

Thank you for sharing all these experiences. When you have time, please post your other experiences. There may be others here who have shared something similar.

Edit to add link to New Jersey Devil: www.weirdnj.com...

Thanks again.

edit on 8/17/2012 by sled735 because: correction

edit on 8/17/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
This gave me chills! Your description could also be what used to run by my window at night when I was a child. The only difference is, it started out running on two legs that sounded like horse hoofs, and as it passed my window I could hear wings flapping, and it flew away. Then it came back and did it all over again. There were some claw prints in the snow one day where it had been running by my window the previous night. The New Jersey Devil describes it to a tee! Do these things actually exist?!
I don't guess you have come across that story I posted yet. If I have time later today, I'll look for it, and tell you what page it's on.

Reading more about the NJ Devil, has me thinking that we experienced the same thing.

As for your dream about the pyramids, I don't know if that was an OBE, or a past-life memory you were recalling.
Apparently something very frightening happened to you there, if it was a memory from your past. I don't know how to comment on this.

I personally don't believe in past lives or reincarnation due to my faith & lack of any other visions involving possible past events. My suspicion is that I experienced an OBE, a lucid dream, or a true vision of someplace very real whether it's in another dimension or here on Earth. I may have been experiencing it in real time. It's the one event that I hope I can make a stronger identification of one day.

The howling outside your house sounds like the thing I thought was probably a "big foot" at my house. That post was toward the beginning of the thread, if you haven't read it yet.

I'm pretty open to anything as to what it was. It sounded like what I'd expect a werewolf to sound like in real life. Big foot, ghost wolf or hell hound? I can't say.

The shimmering ghost is similar to what I saw, but mine was in the woods, stood very tall, and appeared to be a large creature of some kind. Gives me the heebeegeebees thinking about it!

I usually associate shimmering of any sort with high energy dispersion, though my sensing & scientifically speaking. My guess is that we both saw very powerful beings.

Thank you for sharing all these experiences. When you have time, please post your other experiences. There may be others here who have shared something similar.

I'll comb through this thread & then add additional posts about my other experiences as well as commenting on others as well.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I did get a strange image in my mind about it's appearance. It appeared to look like a horse-headed being with a lanky body & long claws. I was glad that ended without incident as well...

Wow, that sounds almost like an animal I saw in a dream about two years ago. My point of view would switch back and forth between watching it and being one of the characters in it. This critter was a huge white horse on the upper part, and the lower part of the body (knees down) was a dragon of some sort, with three claws on each foot. It moved very clumsily, and would burn if it got into direct moonlight like a vampire is supposed to burn in daylight. Apparently this combination of horse and dragon/lizard/gator is not totally unknown as far as crypto-critters go. I've been doing a little research on this kind of animal for a while and have found some interesting stories going all the way back to the Civil War. One group of troops claimed they were half horse, half alligator and could defeat anybody on land or in the swamp.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

Some say that it might be a hybridized monster created by powerful beings (fallen angels, aliens, etc.). Such may be possible since the most freakish monsters are the ones with multiple animals blended into something unworldly. I'm not sure what to think since I know it obviously appeared in an area that's very populated & my house resides on a main road in Norfolk, VA. I couldn't imagine how a flying freak creature would make it's way here & attempt to cause chaos in my neighborhood.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKnight13

Whoa!
So you think it was the NJ Devil, too? That is just plain freaky! But, it is good to know I'm not totally bonkers! I don't believe the myth of how it came to be, but apparently a lot of people have seen this creature over the years. I never did get the nerve to look out the window to see what it looked like, but the sounds it made fit it perfectly. Geezzzeee!

As for not believing in reincarnation... I was raised a Christian, and it took me up until my late forties before I was totally convinced that there is reincarnation. I have a thread on it, and I can also offer many Bible verses that back it up. All the information (well, almost all) that Jesus gave about reincarnation was stripped from the Bible by Emperor Constantine. I won't go into all of that here to avoid derailing the thread, but, if you wish, you can read my thread on "Why I Believe in Reincarnation", or you can U2U me.

Thanks for coming on the thread. I think we will have many interesting discussions.

edit on 8/17/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Scribe611

Some say that it might be a hybridized monster created by powerful beings (fallen angels, aliens, etc.). Such may be possible since the most freakish monsters are the ones with multiple animals blended into something unworldly. I'm not sure what to think since I know it obviously appeared in an area that's very populated & my house resides on a main road in Norfolk, VA. I couldn't imagine how a flying freak creature would make it's way here & attempt to cause chaos in my neighborhood.

I have read this as well. If the aliens have been experimenting with the human DNA for centuries, why not mess with the other life forms, too? That's one explanation for all these "mixed" creatures.

There is a member here, Blocula, that posted in the thread about seeing a half man, half fish swimming in the ocean. You will come across it as you read through the thread.
Thanks for your feedback.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I suspect that if we didn't experience the NJ Devil, we definitely heard or saw something related to it. More than one may exist & it might even be extra-dimensional. Genetic manipulation makes the most sense to me (though as to what beings would do it is always up for debate) & I consider the NJ Devil to be a successful experiment. This being could be very very ancient or very very new in its creation.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here is my experience concerning the NJ Devil. I found it on page 15, 8th post down.

There was also a creature that used to run past my window during this time. It was winter time. This thing would start at the other end of the house (at my parents bedroom) and run, then when it reached my window it sounded like it had large wings, and I could hear them flapping as it went airborne at my window. When it ran it sounded like horse hooves, but only two legs. And it was very loud! (I never could figure out why my parents and sister never heard it.) This happened every night for several weeks, or more. I was too terrified to look out the window to see what it was. But, this one time when there was snow on the ground, I got lucky and saw where it had left footprints in the snow. They were shaped like a bird, sort of. About a foot long, or more, with three long appendages in front, and one going out in the back. Just like the monster across the road that had a blood-chilling scream, it just finally stopped coming. I showed the footprints to my sister, and she was amazed by it. I don't think I shared that info with my parents.... they already thought I was nuts anyway!

During this same time a neighbor found one of his pigs had been sliced open on it's belly. He said the cut was very clean, as if it was done with a knife. The only thing missing was the liver. He found long white hair attached to his fence, too.

Wow. This brings back so many frightening memories of my childhood. It's a wonder I survived with any sense at all.

FYI, the post about the half fish, half man by Blocula is on page 17, first post.
edit on 8/17/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Here is my experience with the shimmering creature... page 28, 11th, or 12th post down.

I used to play in the woods across from our house when I was younger. One day I heard something, and got an eerie feeling I was being watched. As I looked through the trees I saw the outline of something big moving. It is hard to describe... it was like it was invisible, but still had a form, an outline of the body, to see that it was moving. The body itself gave a fuzzy look to the area of forest that could be seen through it. And it made a noise in the brush where it moved. It scared the s*** out of me, and I took off. I didn't tell anyone because my family dismissed all my paranormal experiences anyway.

I remember seeing a movie a long time ago that had some creature like that in it scaring people. It was invisible, but people could see the form coming toward them. This movie came out years after I saw this creature, so, no, my young mind wasn't being influenced by some sy-fy scary story. Makes me wonder if other people involved in making the movie had heard other witnesses talking about seeing this thing, and thought, 'Wow, that would make a good movie!'

I'm just re-posting these because the thread is so long, I hate for people to give up before finding it. Although, if you do read through the thread, you will find some totally horrifying experiences being shared by others.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks for reposting those.
Not only is this thread quite long, most people are posting a ton of text most of the time.

Here's something I posted in another thread that might correlate with why many us experience paranormal.

reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Aye
We're all like bundles of lightning, but only some choose to actually pay attention to the fact of the bundling of that power we've been granted. How we learn to utilize what we've been given is another issue all in itself. I choose not to sit idly & let my abilities (physically/mentally/spiritually) go to waste.

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
Well said--if slightly cryptic. It's really no accident that there were so many revered thunder/ lightning gods in ancient times; many of them sitting at the top of the pantheon such as Zeus (Greek) and Indra (Vedic Hindu). Then there are many, many others (Thor, for example, in the Norse mythos) all over the world. Thunder and lightning was a pretty important, powerful force of nature to a lot of cultures hmmm....I wonder if this could be some sort of metaphor for the human being and spiritual growth hmmm...

You may just be on to something with this "bundles of lightning" within us waiting to unbundle

Due to have strong sensitivity to energy, I generally associate the spiritual with the electricity & lightning. As humans, we have a very strong electromagnetic field that interacts with a lot of objects. Even pure spiritual entities tend to alter the atmosphere in rooms or weather itself. We can do so in the same sense the stronger we grow in spiritual power. My personal belief is that many of these gods were full of great spiritual power but due to lack of understanding of who or what they were, people decided to worship them in fear.

Here are my own associations with what I can sense about certain aspects of life.

Lightning - spiritual/astral. I sense this from people who have strong faith or spiritual "gravity". Does not imply "religiousness" but rather true believers in what they can do in the spirit. Any spiritual entity gives off the same feeling to me. I think a lot of people who experience the paranormal are of a much higher concentration & definitely attract attention of inter/intra/extra-dimensional entities due to it showing like a beacon from afar. Objects that have been imbued/cursed/blessed can have a positive or negative electrical energy. Someone that is highly sensitive to this can sense a good or bad zap (like static electricity but different) when such an object has been touched.

Fire - emotion/ether. When ever I have strong emotions, I can feel them emanating from my own body at varying levels of intensity. Anger will feel like hot fire. Excitement will feel like an electric fire (ties in with spiritual I suspect). Sadness will feel like cold fire (not sure how to describe any other way since it feels like fire that's polar opposite of anger). Joy will feel like sunlight shining from one's face & extending outwards. I'm not sure what certain spiritual beliefs cover but I found that emotional energy seems to really go strong through one's face but can also emanate from the hands & arms.

Water - sleep/dreams. Sometimes when I'm falling asleep, I feel like I'm sinking beneath waves of dreams. I don't have many lucid dreams, so my experience is limited in describing this more.

Overall, I suspect you have a high energy signature (lightning) & attracted the attention of the beings you saw.

I keep seeing the same type of scenarios over & over again, which is why I believe that some people never experience the paranormal at all & why others are completely immersed in it (in elation or horror).

sled, your experiences are oddly close to mine in some ways, so I think I can say with certain faith that you have a much stronger "bundles of lightning" that has attracted supernatural entities.
edit on 17-8-2012 by CrimsonKnight13 because: quick edit

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKnight13

Yes, I think you are right. There is an aura (energy) that surrounds us all. The stronger the energy, the brighter the beacon to the spirit world, and the entities that reside there. I just wish what I attracted in my youth had not been so frightening. I understand it now, but then I didn't have clue what was going on. I lived in fear most of my childhood because I had no one (adult) that believed me, other than the creature screaming in the woods... because they heard it too.

That was very well presented. Thanks for sharing it with us.

(I sent you a couple of U2Us)
edit on 8/18/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by BailSnail

Did you start at the beginning of the thread? There are many good ones there. Then around page 30 there are many good ones by Timical. If you are interested in OBEs, and messages received, you will find posts beginning on page 41, I think, by Alfred2012. There really are good ones all through the thread. I hate for you to miss any of the good ones. I just can't remember the pages of all of them, sorry.

Thanks, and no I have not read anything you mentioned. I'll check out everything you listed.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ok, it's the weekend. For those who spend time on ATS I am asking for some new paranormal experiences from members. Don't be shy. We have everything here from the New Jersey Devil, Tuplias, the grim reaper, contact with the Devil, electrified stick figures walking through a woman's garden, UFOs, beings with hooded robes, OBEs, channeled messages, and of course, ghosts! Many more types of stories, too. About anything you can imagine, so don't think your story won't fit in.
I know you're out there...
Please share your story with us.

edit on 8/18/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

This one always seemed to be the most vivid. There were variances of it, where I'd be taken over the "city" on different routes & see strange buildings. Some of the variants are vague since they all showed something different. Overall, they all seemed to offer the same general experience.

The whole city was within a large dome-shaped cavern. The formation of it actually looked natural since I don't recall seeing any smooth edges to the wall & ceiling. The whole entire place was lit by what looked like a bio-luminescent glow from the outer edges & the highest point of the ceiling. Most of the buildings had a very square look to them & weren't very unique.The whole entire place felt devoid of natural life but it felt very alive with spiritual activity. I always remember feeling dread & awe when I looked at the stepped pyramid in the middle. It looked like what the Mayans (& other ancient cultures) would have built. I'm very unsure if this is a real or spiritual place but it definitely has the look of an ancient underground city. As I'd hit the end of the journey, a highly intelligent & malevolent energy seemed to dwell within the pyramid. This very entity seemed to freak my spirit out so much that I woke up screaming in a cold sweat. My mom rarely knew what to do with me when it happened since I think I was hysterical. I don't feel such fear anymore due to my strength of faith & abilities.

I'm really curious to know if someone has experienced this or know of such a place. A person once mentioned that it might be a gateway of Hell (if someone were to believe that).

This is very interesting story... I've been practicing zazen for just over a decade now and when I go through concentrated periods of "sitting" I can astral travel and many times I am brought to strange alien landscapes and cities with odd building and such. Most of them are outdoor but one time I was drawn into an immense underground cavern or portico that had to be a half a mile or more in circumference with 100 to 200 ft high rock ceilings, I saw a luminescent city not exactly as you described but similar. Was very odd and I was given the distinct that this was not a good place and somewhere I would not want to be too long.. I exited immediately and awoke in my bedroom facing the wall in lotus.

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join