It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I think paranormal experiences tend to follow people who are more in-tuned to them. If you have seen ghosts, spirits, apparitions, UFOs, ET, etc.. in the past, you are more apt to experience them in the future as your mind has been opened to the possibility of things beyond the normal realm of thinking. If someone who has never experienced paranormal sees something that can be explained away as a trick of the mind, a dream, or an airplane, they will explain it away. I think everyone needs to find their own undeniable evidence before their mind is open to other things.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymoz
reply to post by sled735

I think paranormal experiences tend to follow people who are more in-tuned to them. If you have seen ghosts, spirits, apparitions, UFOs, ET, etc.. in the past, you are more apt to experience them in the future as your mind has been opened to the possibility of things beyond the normal realm of thinking. If someone who has never experienced paranormal sees something that can be explained away as a trick of the mind, a dream, or an airplane, they will explain it away. I think everyone needs to find their own undeniable evidence before their mind is open to other things.

Yes, I think you are correct.
Do you have any experiences to share? Thanks for coming on the thread.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Why yes, I have several during my childhood, through my teen years, onto my adult life.

I just posted my introduction earlier today:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is not to mention an encounter I had in the recent years that I'm still trying to make sense of. This was involving strange blue lights outside of my window as well as images that still wander my mind.

I saw strange things when I visited Yemen as well. My mind is wide open to the paranormal and I believe that has invited some unwanted company as well as much needed company during times when I was at my lowest.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymoz

WOW!
Well, you're definitely not crazy! And you are in good company on this thread.
Read over the posts here, and you'll find MANY others, including myself, who have had mind-blowing experiences.
If you like my thread, you can give me a flag. I'm trying to get to 50.

Welcome to the thread!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Thank you for your kind words. I will do! I appreciate a thread that one can discuss these types of things.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymoz

Maybe its the ghosts and aliens deciding who amongst us will see them,they may only be seen when they want to be seen and they may be walking and flying all around us all the time,while remaining stealthed somewhere beyond our visible spectrum most of the time...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I asked a question about why I couldn't obtain successful OBEs to a person in another thread who has contact to the spirit beings, and here is the reply I received...

"This is NOT your calling. You could injure your mind by persisting in something that is left to others to accomplish. OBE's are used not for entertainment but for the spiritual work of the realm having to do with the extinguishing of rebellion creatures who have become trapped. I will not go further into this as most would find it a horror to describe. Leave OBE alone. You have other important work to accomplish."

So, just to pass this along to others having a problem... maybe it isn't your "calling" either.
Guess I'm done trying this.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

So, have you all heard of this guy, David Wilcock? He claims to be the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce.

The information on this video is SO important for the coming days. PLEASE WATCH the entire video!!! The first 10 or 15 minutes may be boring, but then things start getting very interesting. There is a question and answer session at the end (after the seminar portion) that is most informative, also. Want to time travel? We've had the capability for years!
Find out what to expect, what frame of mind you need to be in for 12-21-12.
Let me know your thoughts. ENJOY!!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yes. OBEs can be dangerous. I have found over the years that when I attempted to achieve OBE, it never worked successfully. The only time I could have an OBE was in my Shamanic Journeys (in a full drumming circle), or in my dreams. As you know from my blog sled that many of my dreams appear to have been OBEs. They are beyond my control and it's not something I take lightly or dabble in anymore. I don't even bother with lucid dreaming because I think when you try and control your dreams, there is a good chance you will miss the message that you are to hear :-)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine
reply to post by sled735

Yes. OBEs can be dangerous. I have found over the years that when I attempted to achieve OBE, it never worked successfully. The only time I could have an OBE was in my Shamanic Journeys (in a full drumming circle), or in my dreams. As you know from my blog sled that many of my dreams appear to have been OBEs. They are beyond my control and it's not something I take lightly or dabble in anymore. I don't even bother with lucid dreaming because I think when you try and control your dreams, there is a good chance you will miss the message that you are to hear :-)

My friend, Scribe611, who posts on here every now and then, went to a drumming session once to see what her totem was. Maybe when she comes back on she can share that experience with us.

I have never been to a drumming session myself. I think my totem must be a cat of some kind. They come to me all the time! Stray cats at my house ALL the time. Just when I get a home for them, here comes two or three more! It's about to break my wallet feeding them. But I love cats, so they must sense this.

I have OBEs while sleeping, too. I believe everyone does. That's when we meet with our astral teachers. I agree, trying to induce this state while awake should not be done by those of us who aren't called naturally while asleep. Our teachers know when the time is right, and what we need to hear, and learn.
edit on 7/10/2012 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I would be most appreciative if the viewers here would watch the video 3 posts above this one, and give me their feedback on what they think. It is MOST informative, and I would love to discuss it with others here. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
My friend, Scribe611, who posts on here every now and then, went to a drumming session once to see what her totem was. Maybe when she comes back on she can share that experience with us.

Well, I never got to meet my animal guide. Too many factors came into play... I was exhausted, stressed, and my arthritis was killing me trying to lie in the floor and relax! I got close though - it seemed like I was moving very fast through a dark tunnel with bands of lights overhead. The effect was like if you were lying on a hospital gurney and being pushed head first through the tunnel. I came out on the other side and I was standing by then, and in the most beautiful place I've ever seen. I was in the red rocks area of the southwest US, and the bright cyan blue sky was dotted with puffy clouds so white it looked like they were lit from within. I think the rock formation I was looking at is Courthouse Rock in Sedona, AZ. Over to my left was an outcropping of grey rocks, and I felt drawn to them... but I couldn't get enough of the red rocks and blue skies, so I said "Oh it's so beautiful, I want to see more!" There went my focus, and I was immediately aware of my aching body there on the floor. I tried to go back, but couldn't concentrate enough, and then it was over. The scene I was looking at was so ethereal, so unreal I can't help but think I was looking at it in spirit. It couldn't have been my imagination... those colors were unimaginable!

As for the drumming session itself, before we began we were instructed to meditate on our ancestors and choose someone to help us if we lost our focus. Then we laid down on the floor on our blankets or whatever we brought to begin our journey. Our leader moved in and amongst us, beating a slow steady rhythm on a drum. Like I said, I was in pain there on the floor and couldn't concentrate very well, but when he came around my head the drum seemed to vibrate through me and I would get disoriented, like I was a leaf floating on the wind, and I could go deeper into my meditation. He told us to look for an opening int he ground somewhere, or if we couldn't see one we could imagine ourselves one. There we would begin searching for an animal and ask if it was our animal guide. If not, it would point us onward to continue our search. If it was our guide, we could ask it any questions we may have. This part went on for twenty minutes ro so, then he speeded up the drumbeat. This was our signal to leave wherever we were and head back to the surface to return to our conscious selves. After this we sat up and wrote everything out before speaking to anyone so as not to lose any memories of it. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and plan to take part in another one, as I would still love to see what my animal totem is!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Nice thread.

I have had a few paranormal experiences, sadly i tend to think we loose some abilities as we age so being a little over 40 i have to say no experiences in the last few years to report.

First, i communicated telepathically with a white bird during an NDE.

Second, i have been plagued by Sleep Paralysis from around 18 years old. In fact last night i had an episode.

But truly one of the freakiest SP episodes occurred over ten years ago. I was sleeping with someone and t was a weird night. For the most part it was a very strange night in a very strange house which happened to be the house i spent my high school years AND where i had my first SP episode.

Well my girlfriend and i woke up and first thing she said to me was "did you fell people walking around us?" Now imagine my surprise because YES...YES i did feel that, i felt the breeze and well thats the thing you never really know for sure. But tell you this, i felt it. Like being experimented on. So i concluded three things:

1) Just a wayout coincidence, that incidentally repeated itself numerous times.
2) Aliens
3) MKULTRA hit us with an agent.

Finally she asked me "did you put this blanket on us?" Well i dont sleep walk, dont drink or do drugs and the blamket was behind an old chair so we felt people walking around us and were covered by a blanket that neither of us recall getting.

Well i like to think this was normal but when you literally feel people walking around you and you cant move or speak AND someone else felt it kind of makes you wonder.

I aint p;laying their game no more though. I put my foot down and they knew it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611

Scribe611 Wrote:

Well, I never got to meet my animal guide. Too many factors came into play... I was exhausted, stressed, and my arthritis was killing me trying to lie in the floor and relax! I got close though - it seemed like I was moving very fast through a dark tunnel with bands of lights overhead. The effect was like if you were lying on a hospital gurney and being pushed head first through the tunnel. I came out on the other side and I was standing by then, and in the most beautiful place I've ever seen. I was in the red rocks area of the southwest US, and the bright cyan blue sky was dotted with puffy clouds so white it looked like they were lit from within. I think the rock formation I was looking at is Courthouse Rock in Sedona, AZ. Over to my left was an outcropping of grey rocks, and I felt drawn to them... but I couldn't get enough of the red rocks and blue skies, so I said "Oh it's so beautiful, I want to see more!" There went my focus, and I was immediately aware of my aching body there on the floor. I tried to go back, but couldn't concentrate enough, and then it was over. The scene I was looking at was so ethereal, so unreal I can't help but think I was looking at it in spirit. It couldn't have been my imagination... those colors were unimaginable!

As for the drumming session itself, before we began we were instructed to meditate on our ancestors and choose someone to help us if we lost our focus. Then we laid down on the floor on our blankets or whatever we brought to begin our journey. Our leader moved in and amongst us, beating a slow steady rhythm on a drum. Like I said, I was in pain there on the floor and couldn't concentrate very well, but when he came around my head the drum seemed to vibrate through me and I would get disoriented, like I was a leaf floating on the wind, and I could go deeper into my meditation. He told us to look for an opening int he ground somewhere, or if we couldn't see one we could imagine ourselves one. There we would begin searching for an animal and ask if it was our animal guide. If not, it would point us onward to continue our search. If it was our guide, we could ask it any questions we may have. This part went on for twenty minutes ro so, then he speeded up the drumbeat. This was our signal to leave wherever we were and head back to the surface to return to our conscious selves. After this we sat up and wrote everything out before speaking to anyone so as not to lose any memories of it. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and plan to take part in another one, as I would still love to see what my animal totem is!

From Sled:

Just did a quote to fix the size of text so people can see it.

Thanks for sharing that with us, Scribe. Good to see you back!

edit on 7/11/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/11/2012 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
Nice thread.

I have had a few paranormal experiences, sadly i tend to think we loose some abilities as we age so being a little over 40 i have to say no experiences in the last few years to report.

First, i communicated telepathically with a white bird during an NDE.

Second, i have been plagued by Sleep Paralysis from around 18 years old. In fact last night i had an episode.

But truly one of the freakiest SP episodes occurred over ten years ago. I was sleeping with someone and t was a weird night. For the most part it was a very strange night in a very strange house which happened to be the house i spent my high school years AND where i had my first SP episode.

Well my girlfriend and i woke up and first thing she said to me was "did you fell people walking around us?" Now imagine my surprise because YES...YES i did feel that, i felt the breeze and well thats the thing you never really know for sure. But tell you this, i felt it. Like being experimented on. So i concluded three things:

1) Just a wayout coincidence, that incidentally repeated itself numerous times.
2) Aliens
3) MKULTRA hit us with an agent.

Finally she asked me "did you put this blanket on us?" Well i dont sleep walk, dont drink or do drugs and the blamket was behind an old chair so we felt people walking around us and were covered by a blanket that neither of us recall getting.

Well i like to think this was normal but when you literally feel people walking around you and you cant move or speak AND someone else felt it kind of makes you wonder.

I aint p;laying their game no more though. I put my foot down and they knew it.

I think you may have a "former family" living where you experienced the people walking around you. If they took the time to cover you with a blanket, I would say they are loving spirits. Don't be too hard on them. Just tell them they aren't to come near you, if they wish to stay there, but be nice. Sometimes when people die suddenly, they don't realize they're dead. So just speak to them as you would a living person that is showing concern for keeping you warm.
Oops, just read you had that experience 10 years ago. Well, you can keep this in mind if you ever encounter any caring spirits in the future.

I've read from others who experience OBEs that sleep paralysis is the beginning stages to having an OBE. The scary things people experience are a block to keep the person from experiencing it. If you can overcome the fear, and relax, you should continue into a full OBE. But, I have also been told these blocks happen because certain people aren't meant to experience that part of the spiritual lessons just yet. Again, I have heard that the blocks happen because the person isn't at a level of self-acceptance, loving themselves fully to be able to go to this realm. Who knows? Anyway.... it is a block from going into a full-blown OBE.

I am still learning about OBEs. If you go back to around page 30 something in the thread, you'll find Alfred2012, who has shared many messages here he received from his guide while doing OBEs.

Would you be allowed to share with us your communication with the white bird you saw during your OBE? I'm very interested! Are you sure this wasn't an angel?

Thank you for sharing all you posted. I'm trying to reach 50 flags. If you like the thread, could you give me another, please?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
On the video that Sled wants us to watch... I just did, and I am, for the moment, speechless. I'll have to digest all this before I have enough sense to make intelligent responses, but the main thing this video did was answer questions I'd been mulling for years. Everything makes sense, and I've had some experiences he was talking about, and I kind of don't know what else to say at the moment! I wasn't sure what to make of David Wilcock before watching this video; now I will be watching all of them!

If you have an interest at all in 2012, DNA, aliens, time travel, psychic energy, or chakra energy - please watch this video!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

Thank you for your feedback, Scribe! I hope this arouses the viewers interest enough to make them watch it.
It needs to be seen by every living human on the planet, IMO!! The info is ASTOUNDING!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
@sled, here's an awesome Shamanic experience for you. Last night in one of my many dreams, I was given the gift of a black cloak. When I put it on, I watched myself in a mirror, as the cloak shape-shifted into a black Raven. This was really cool to watch and I felt powerful at the time it was happening.

Decided to look up the meaning of Ravens and came across this link. morningstar.netfirms.com...

One of the most profound and spiritually charged dreams I've had in quite some time. Hope you enjoy the blog!

dreamsnthingz.blogspot.ca...

For others who may read my blog, just read the "Dream Journal" posts for my experiences with the paranormal.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I tried watching it but lost interest after 30 minutes. Very dry. You have to take whatever these guys say with a "pinch of salt" to coin a phrase. It's just one theory from one guy. Truth is, no one really knows what's going to happen.

Wouldn't stress too much about 2012 either. For all we know it could just mean that change is coming our way. Or hey, or maybe the Mayans were wiped out before they could finish writing whatever they wanted to write. Or god only knows, maybe their prophets were wiped out as a means to silence them. We can only speculate - and therefore, shouldn't panic....because it will be like December 31, 1999 all over again....when absolutely nothing happened at the stroke of midnight
And also, if the world were to end all at once, which I highly doubt - it would be completely beyond our control. So just sit back, and roll with it...

Now if the world does end, then on Dec 22, you can all say, "Charmeine, see I told you so!"
edit on 11-7-2012 by Charmeine because: forgot info

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine
reply to post by sled735

I tried watching it but lost interest after 30 minutes. Very dry. You have to take whatever these guys say with a "pinch of salt" to coin a phrase. It's just one theory from one guy. Truth is, no one really knows what's going to happen.

Wouldn't stress too much about 2012 either. For all we know it could just mean that change is coming our way. Or hey, or maybe the Mayans were wiped out before they could finish writing whatever they wanted to write. Or god only knows, maybe their prophets were wiped out as a means to silence them. We can only speculate - and therefore, shouldn't panic....because it will be like December 31, 1999 all over again....when absolutely nothing happened at the stroke of midnight
And also, if the world were to end all at once, which I highly doubt - it would be completely beyond our control. So just sit back, and roll with it...

Now if the world does end, then on Dec 22, you can all say, "Charmeine, see I told you so!"
edit on 11-7-2012 by Charmeine because: forgot info

Oh No! I told everyone it may be boring the first 15 or 20 minutes, but keep watching! You missed the most important part! Things get VERY interesting... and he has documented proof of what he says, so I don't take what he says with a "pinch of salt"... sorry. What he says toward the middle and end makes more sense to me than anything I've come across so far. And I've come across a lot. I hope you'll go back and watch the rest.

No stress here... not after watching the video. It actually calmed my fears somewhat. And, no, the world isn't going to end, I never have thought that, but some big changes are in store.... for sure! You'll see............ literally.

Just went and read your dream. The link about the raven covers it's meaning. Nothing I can add to that.
Very interesting!
Thanks for sharing.

edit on 7/12/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join