It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

This life is so temporary and way too short for so many people,whos to say for sure that this is the real world,another existence somewhere beyond this materialistic illusion,an eternal alternate reality within another dimension may be waiting for every one of us? and if so,its only a moment away...

edit on 28-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

This life is so temporary and way too short for so many people,whos to say for sure that this is the real world,another existence somewhere beyond this materialistic illusion,an eternal alternate reality within another dimension may be waiting for every one of us? and if so,its only a moment away...

According to the E.T., Bashar, you are correct!

edit on 6/28/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Oops! I embedded the wrong video above this one. Here is the one I meant to embed:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Knowing all too well how short and temporary this earthly existence actually is...

Realizing that death is always only a moment away...

Everyone of us should be in a constant state of mourning for all the countless forgotten millions who suffered and died before us,should we not?

Everyone of us should always be preparing ourselves and our souls for the very real possibility of divine judgement and some kind of afterlife,should we not?

The vast majority of people are living for all the wrong reasons,are they not?

edit on 29-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I have. But after 1100 comments, no one is going to care about my story, lol. Ghosts and the Phoenix Lights, is all I have to say.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Why bother downgrading your own paranormal experiences? and surely theres lots of members like myself,who would want to read and find out more about whatever you saw and heard...

edit on 29-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

reply to post by sled735

Knowing all too well how short and temporary this earthly existence actually is...

Realizing that death is always only a moment away...

Everyone of us should be in a constant state of mourning for all the countless forgotten millions who suffered and died before us,should we not?

Everyone of us should always be preparing ourselves and our souls for the very real possibility of divine judgement and some kind of afterlife,should we not?

The vast majority of people are living for all the wrong reasons,are they not?

Well, I think the people who suffered and died are in a much better place than we are (except for those who got stuck in the earthly realm) so I don't think they would want us to mourn them. I think they would want us to be happy for them, and live our lives in peace and happiness to the best of our ability.

As for preparing for judgement... Yes, that would be a great idea!
Although, I'm on the fence about what this judgement consists of, and who the judge is. I was raised with the Christian faith, but I've learned a lot that makes much better sense to me than what that faith teaches. Still not sure about this.

Yes, I think a lot of people don't realize why they're here... their purpose for coming. IMO, they place importance on a lot of the wrong things. Many place importance on money, social status, material things, etc. when what they need to realize is the most important things are a strong family bond, friends, helping others, love for others, and growing in spiritual enlightenment.
edit on 6/29/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I have. But after 1100 comments, no one is going to care about my story, lol. Ghosts and the Phoenix Lights, is all I have to say.

Nixie_nox, come back!!!!! We would love to hear your stories! Please share!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I used to live in an old Victorian house that was built in 1889 in the bay area, our family bought and lived in it since the '40s up until a few years ago. Lots of history there! Anyway, around 2004 my sister was the only one occupying the house with the rest of the family scattered about staying elsewhere including myself. She mentioned to me that this mirror from an old dresser had fingerprints appearing on it that she couldn't explain.

Of course I'm thinking she had touched it while doing her makeup and did not realize it, and didn't use quite enough Windex to clean it when she said they appeared again some days later. Within a week or two she had to go out of town, and I ended up looking after the house in her place, alone. I looked at the mirror and it was for the most part clean, but gave it a good cleaning otherwise and left the mirror and her room not thinking much of it.

Within a day or two (to the best of my recollection time wise) I walked into her room which no one else had been in since, checked the mirror and sure enough there were a few fingerprints. Not normal tip-of-the-finger type prints, but long ones.

These prints appeared to extend nearly the whole length of a finger or two and that was it, no palm prints, etc. Not only was this personal confirmation of her claim, but the print pattern struck me as very odd, something she hadn't mentioned in detail previously. Whose fingerprints they were I have no idea, but I carried that mirror up to the attic and put it away for good until we sold the house. She was certainly ok with not seeing that mirror again, as was I.

I've seen this thread up for some time but only decided to open it now, and I'll make an effort to return and share my Fort Knox "entity" experience from 2005. There's no way I'd share such personal experiences in the early pages of a thread like this.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Sek82 because: Typo

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

I've seen this thread up for some time but only decided to open it now, and I'll make an effort to return and share my Fort Knox "entity" experience from 2005. There's no way I'd share such personal experiences in the early pages of a thread like this.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Sek82 because: Typo

Thanks so much for coming on the thread and sharing your story. Yeah, I'd be getting rid of that mirror too!

Can't wait to hear your Fort Knox experience! Sounds like it's going to be a good one!

Have you read any of the thread? We have some totally awesome experiences of everything you can imagine shared all throughout the thread! Makes for some great late night reading!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
Last fall a co-worker told me that as she was driving to work she rounded a curve and there was a lady standing in the road dressed in clothing from what looked like maybe the 1920's. It was just turning dark, but she could still see her. She had to swerve to miss hitting her... that alone scared the beegeebees out of her! She said the lady just stood there staring at her, not moving. Then she said the more she thought about it, she realized what she had seen was a ghost. When she got home the next day she called some neighbors (she hadn't lived in the area long) and asked about the woman. They told her there had been other people see the woman in the road over the years, and no one knows her, so they think she is a ghost.
This was probably a residual imprint of the woman from the way she described it. Maybe she was killed in that spot, or something really important happened to her there. Who knows?!

I posted the story above earlier in the thread. On June 2nd (this month) my friend that saw this woman (ghost?) standing in the road had a bad accident on her way to work. She blacked out at the wheel and ran off the road. She broke her back, got a black eye, injured her knee, and received multiple bruises on her body. She is lucky to be alive! Anyway, the thing is, she said this accident happened in the same area as where she saw this woman in the road that night. She is wondering now if this woman was giving her a warning.... an omen?
Hummmmmm............... freaky!

edit on 6/29/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yo yo yo, I got something for you Sled735! All right, I was going to check the thread SEVERAL times but I was being told not to, do not know why. However, after the stuff that moved across the room from earlier as a result of me not listening, I decided to pay attention this time. For verification, I asked for a sign to know for certain that I am to trust what I was being told. I was then told that my neighbors house will be broken into, so I went outside and asked if it was going to be the one I was looking at. I was told no and that it would be the house next to it. The house I was looking at has two abandoned houses on both sides of it so I was not sure which one was being referenced. Anyways, a few days later the police are outside interviewing my neighbors, who were the ones that called the police after seeing some people break into one of the houses. I was very much surprised. After seeing this, I was told that the people who called the police will have their car robbed a few days later by the same people who broke into the house and that I was not to park my car on that side of the driveway. So I obeyed and for the past week have been parking my car away from the neighbor's car. Just yesterday, my wife came home from work and was talking to one of the neighbors. Apparently in the middle of the night they came back and broke into the car. They were spotted after they accidentally honked the horn in the car they were searching through and fled shortly after.

How cool is that? So needless to say, this is why I have not been back yet. I was simply told not to. Since everything is over I think I am good to come back. Seriously though, how cool is that? I am not going to go through the past couple of pages, aside from certain people's posts, as I do not want to see something I am not suppose to.

Boot camp:

So, I believe I left off when I went back to EHP after my second hospital visit. I was in this platoon for about three months until I fully healed. After that much time in the platoon I became pretty close with a lot of the other recruits. To pass the time in that place, we decided to start playing games to kill the boredom. We played a lot of different games but one stood above the rest, we called it "Splinter Cell". The point of this game was to get out after lights out and play a type of "tag" game in the dark. You had to sneak around without being seen by the firewatch, one point deduction if caught, while trying to come up behind someone and imitate that you were slitting their throat with your thumb, 5 points if successful. The next morning we somehow get together and share our scores, whoever won did not get fire watch for the following night.

As the weeks went on, some of the recruits became very good at this game. We did not play every night, as sometimes it was just impossible due to whichever drill instructor was on duty. Typically we would either agree throughout the day that we would play, or some one would just come by and wake everyone up after they got off firewatch. No words were spoken, you were simply woke up and nodded yes or no and the game began. The funnest part was having no idea how many people are already playing and you jump in the middle of the game only to be bombarded by five people. Tons of fun.

Will continue in a few minutes, I have to make a snack and hand out bath time.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

As time passed, more and more "odd" recruits joined the platoon, so many funny stories. These were the paranormal sensitive type of people that I am speaking of. The more paranormal inclined people that joined, the more things began heat up.

While waking up in the middle of the night to make a head call, recruits would tell about a firewatch on duty that was very odd. Trust me, after a few weeks in the same platoon, you can tell who is who by looking at the back of their head from 30 feet away. It is very easy to identify one another even though we all wore the same clothes and had the same haircuts. Anyways, several times the firewatch would be someone that nobody knew. Often times we would not even bother playing the game and instead all sit from our racks and try to figure out who was walking around. The back hatch (back door of the squad bay) was a very active spot. For clarification, there have been times when there were nine firewatch standing post and walking around the squad bay. The extra firewatch were often added after either someone tried to commit suicide or tried to run away. Each person that tries either of these would have two firewatch guarding at all times, through out the day and all through the night. At one point there were three of these people which made for six firewatch and also a firewatch at the front and back hatch and a roaming firewatch ( these three were pretty much there every night making a minimum of three firewatch on duty every single night). Pay attention here, there were at times NINE people on duty, in addition to this, every one to two hours each fire watch has to be releaved by another recruit. With this many recruits having to stand duty at one time, it was not uncommon to have to serve two duties of firewatch in one night. This meant that everyone in the platoon was on firewatch at one point through the night.

Now, if someone needed to make a head call while on firewatch, then the roaming firewatch would take their spot while the one releaved does their thing. I can not count the number of times there have been up to three roaming fire watch, and a firewatch at the back hatch that nobody knew. It got so bad that on some nights, almost the entire platoon was awake watching these "ghosts" firewatch stand duty. Several times we woke up the drill instrutor on duty as everyone in the platoon yelled back forth to find out who the firewatch was suppose to be after noticing one of the "ghost" firewatch walking about.

Now, back to the game. The activity became so common that people did not want to play "Splinter Cell" anymore. After about week of no games, I was bored and wanted to play but no one else wanted too. I went to sleep after a long day of trying to convince people to play. In the middle of the night someone ran past my rack and smacked into it which woke me up. I was so excited that everyone was finally playing, so I instantly jumped out of my rack and chased after the person that woke me up. Try to understand how hard this game is, there are foot lockers and rifles on the front of the racks and large backpacks and laundry bags on the back. The racks are very close together and this in addition to everything hanging on them makes moving around quickly and quetly very difficult. The person that bumped my rack also ran into the backpacks that hung on the back of the racks making it very easy for me to figure out in what direction to give chase. The person I was following moved very fast down the backside of the racks and then turned sharply, without slowing down in between two racks and out into the middle of the squad bay passing right behind the roaming firewatch. I ran up to the firewatch and asked who just ran past him to which he replied, "Trust me, go back to sleep." I did not heed his warning and went behind the racks on the other side of the squad bay across from my rack. I moved down a couple of racks looking for anybody running around. At this point, I saw several shadow people running behind the racks on the side where my rack is( thereby being the opposite side of the squad bay I was currently on). I was dumbfounded as I watched these shadow people run at full speed THROUGH one another. That is when I realized I was not playing with recruits. I then sense that someone is off to my left so I quickly glance over so that I do not get "killed" by standard of the game. I saw a shadow person run from the second or so last rack on my side straight at me. I was very...
as this person was dead silent, running at me, and no features whatsoever. I was completely frozen. As it came closer to me, it tripped over me( I was crouched down)/ through me.

Oh my, I am out of characters. I again have to continue in another post, sorry for hogging the thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

Huzzah! If you have never been touched by a shadow person, trust me, you do not understand. I very rarely say stuff like this, as in when someone claims, " Oh, you have never done so and so or been to so and so, you have no idea what its like!" Believe me, I do not use these words lightly. There was the contact, the emotions, the force, just.. man! It was something that I can not relate to anything else. I am not saying you should try it, just that, well it is unique and I suspect not too many have touched one. Sorry, I have gone off track.

So then, as it basically ran me over I never took my eyes off it. As I was "forced" to the ground, I watched it go over me and then turn a few racks down heading out into the middle of the squad bay where it just vanished as it ran into the light. While looking around the squad bay, no other shadow people were out and the roaming firewatch at this point, was at the doorway going into the head. I simply sat there for a few moments trying to process what had happened. I eventually got up and headed to my rack where I was passed by the roaming fire watch. I paused and thought, what the fudge... I just saw the roaming firewatch go to the head. I then quickly glanced over to see who it was and there was no one there. Then several key points flooded my head while I just stood there in the middle of the squad bay completly bewildered.

I had no idea who just past me even though I saw his face, he did not make a sound (trust me, in full firewatch gear while wearing boots, everyone makes a sound), he could only have had two seconds max before I turned to for a second look to which no one was there, and the other two hatch firewatches where both in their respected places. Someone/something just pasted me in full gear moving silently and vanished in a instant. At this point the roaming firewatch comes out of the head and passes me by. As he passes he says, "I told to go back to sleep." I then take into consideration his mood the few times I saw him; trust me, he was afraid. Needless to say, you know I went straight to my rack and did not move an inch until morning.

The next day I share I my story with the guys, they then share theirs. There was not a single person that did not see something that made them question what the crap was going on. The next few days as I had time I talked to everyone to hear their stories. One stood out, and it was the stories from the recruit whose rack is on the bottom to the left of mine.

I will edit in the rest, I need a break.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

This recruit then tells me how wakes up in the middle of the night and sees someone sitting on my bed all the time. He emaphized, all the time. One night he woke up, he saw someone sitting on my rack( with me sleeping in it) and was going to wake me up. Before he was about to do this he looked around for the firewatch so that someone else could verify what he was seeing. This is when he notices the shadow person standing at the back hatch (the back hatch firewatchs often left their post, including myself, due to feeling very uncomfortable standing there and often times the roaming firewatch would refuse to take that post for the same reason). Now as the recruit was staring at the shadow person, it walked from the back hatch directly to his rack, bent down and was only a few inches from his face. The recruit told me it had red eyes and filled him fear. He was so afraid he just closed his eyes and rolled over no longer concerned about waking me up. While we talked he apologized for not waking me but explained how he was too scared. We then sat there for a few minutes in complete silence.

That night I woke up while someone was sitting on my rack. I could feel the pull on the mattress towards them as you would if someone sat next to you in the bed. I sat up and looked to see who it was. All I saw was a butt imprint on the mattress which suddenly popped up the same time I heard someone land on the ground and then walk behind the rack to which they bumped into the backpack that hangs on the end of the rack. I heard, felt, and saw all the signs that a person was there but no person was visible. After this, there were only a couple of other instances where several people saw the "ghost" firewatch but everyone tried to ignore it as much as possible.

Everything I have posted is to the best of my ability to tell the truth. I have now shared the bulk of what took place in that platoon however, there is one more short story to go along with this in regards to what was referred to as the "overflow". Basically, as more and more people joined the platoon and the others that share the building, there was not enough space for them to sleep. The solution was to have the extra recruits sleep in the overflow squad bay. Not TOO much happened there, however the atmosphere of that particular squad bay was extremely different. NOBODY WANTED TO SLEEP THERE AND EVERYBODY KNEW WHY. This was the scariest room I have ever been in and often times even the drill instructors who were suppose to be keeping watch over the overflow squad bay would leave for night. They could lose their careers for leaving potentially suicidal/ runaway recruits on there own all throughout the night. This however did not stop them from leaving. There was not a single night I spent in that squad bay that I or anyone else did not see a shadow person. I only have one story to share about this place as almost nobody shared their experiences. When the new recruits would come back in the morning after spending the night there they were always pale. Everyone that went there, saw something.

I think I have shared enough for now and will give everyone time to digest what has been posted. Not to mention I want to start reading other threads. Have a good one.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Last fall a co-worker told me that as she was driving to work she rounded a curve and there was a lady standing in the road dressed in clothing from what looked like maybe the 1920's. It was just turning dark, but she could still see her. She had to swerve to miss hitting her... that alone scared the beegeebees out of her! She said the lady just stood there staring at her, not moving. Then she said the more she thought about it, she realized what she had seen was a ghost. When she got home the next day she called some neighbors (she hadn't lived in the area long) and asked about the woman. They told her there had been other people see the woman in the road over the years, and no one knows her, so they think she is a ghost.
This was probably a residual imprint of the woman from the way she described it. Maybe she was killed in that spot, or something really important happened to her there. Who knows?!

I posted the story above earlier in the thread. On June 2nd (this month) my friend that saw this woman (ghost?) standing in the road had a bad accident on her way to work.
Maybe she was a phantom hitchhiker? > paranormal.about.com... www.angelfire.com...
edit on 30-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611

Sled735, I remember reading in one of Sylvia Browne's books about a terrifying visit she had in a place like this. She said she kept running around, grabbing people and telling them to say you love God, but they wouldn't listen; it was like they were all in a stupor. She mentioned a door that led to a very dark place, and she felt that dark place was Purgatory, and she was very afraid of getting too near that door. She said she asked her guide later, and was told most of these souls would eventually be "grabbed" by angels or guides at some point, but for now they were too afraid to go ahead and cross over on their own. She also said some suicides (medical reasons, psychological reasons) make it across, while the spiteful suicides (murder/suicides or those who kill themselves just to torture another person) "horseshoe" through this dark area right back into another life on earth. I'm not going to do ANYTHING that will get me thrown back down here again... if there is reincarnation I hope I'm DONE!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Reply to Scribe611,

Thanks for the memory nudge, and I'm sure Timical can use it as validation that his visit was real, or at least that his message had "real" meaning.

So, Timical, maybe the bad souls you encountered in the dark room were there waiting to be "born again" back into another body on earth. I know I would need a grim reaper type being standing guard over me to keep me from escaping that fate!
Like Scribe611, I DO NOT want to have to come back again!

Thanks, Scribe.
( I don't know what's up with the type in the same box again! I tried to fix it, but failed. )
edit on 6/22/2012 by sled735 because: try to fix layout

edit on 6/22/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

Timical, I know you said you didn't want to go back and read any of the pages in case there was something you weren't suppose to see, but I wanted you to see the one posted above. It kind of verifies your purgatory dream.
I also had posted something about my interpretation of your dream right after your last post before. It's up to you if you want to read it. If I remember correctly, I also found some posts from Alfred2012 in another thread that I copied and posted here for you and the other readers.

Thanks so much for finishing the boot camp story!
That is just plain freaky! I don't know how you all slept, or did your job knowing there were shadow people there every night.... with red eyes to boot!
That story gives me the heebeejeebees!!!!!!

WOW!!!!......... JUST, WOW MAN!!!

There have been several good posts since you came on last time. I can't imagine what could be here that your guide doesn't want you to see. Maybe he just wanted to see if you were finally ready to listen to him, and do what he tells you? You got your verification that he is real, didn't you?! That IS awesome!!!

I don't know what has happened to Alfred2012. He hasn't been back when he said he would be. Maybe he is still having computer problems.

The thread is still going... new people coming by lately.
I never thought my first thread after just joining ATS would last this long. It makes me happy!

Beginning this week, my nights off have changed from Wed. and Thurs. to Fri. and Sat. so maybe I can be on here when you and some of the others are from now on. I look forward to it!

Thanks for coming back. Let us know what's going on with you from time to time. Have a great weekend.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The ghost at my workplace was very active again last night! He made a few banging sounds on the wall behind me, and then a gray mist formed and went swooshing by me in the office as I sat alone around 2:00 a.m. this morning. I saw it straight on.... not from the corner of my eye.
I don't know what gets him all riled up sometimes, but he goes for months not doing anything, then all of a sudden he does a lot for several nights, or weeks at a time before calming down.
I was very proud of myself for not getting the least bit scared. I just sat there after the mist passed by me, and wondered what he wanted. He didn't come back so I could ask him, so I just went back to doing what I was doing.
A few years ago I would have been screaming bloody murder for someone to get down there and stay with me!

Another thing I found strange last night.... sometimes as I'm sitting alone in my office with nothing to do, I drift off and think about all kinds of strange things. So, last night just before time for my first break at 11:30 p.m., I was going through a scenario of what I would do if that place was ever attacked by someone trying to break someone out (I work at a prison...kinda). So, when my relief comes in to give my break, I was still thinking about this in the back of my mind. I had just left the building going to the break room which is a pretty good distance away from my building, when all of a sudden there is a huge "BOOM"! I about jumped out of my uniform!
I don't know if someone set off a cherry bomb for July 4th early, or if someone was shooting in the nearby trailer park, but it was LOUD! I just thought the timing on my thoughts, and then for that to happen was strange.

We have never heard anyone shooting there before because we are in the city limits.... against the law!
Of course, it could have been mother earth doing her thing. A lot of people have reported hearing very loud booms all over the world lately! I think she's getting ready to rip wide open!

The timing on when things happen in conjunction with my thoughts are starting to freak me out just a little here lately because they are happening more often!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
im 23 and ive had paranormal activity round me all my life. the earliest memory i can remember is sitting in the bath and the plant pot that we had on a shelve lifting up a couple of inches then going back down. ive seen two angels one when i was a child which was at my grandmas house and looked like a typical angel would look like. i don't remember feeling scared just in awe. the second time i saw one i was a around 19, people may say this was a dream but i know it wasn't. i woke up and saw a transparent figure just sitting on my bed, i didn't feel scared just a sense of peace. i stared at it for a couple of minutes then just went back to sleep, it felt natural like it was suppose to be there. this angel looked different as well. another experience that happened when i was about 20 was when my mum was away and i was trying to get to sleep in her bed, i have always slept with the covers over my head from being scared. on this occasion i was too warm and couldn't sleep so i pulled the covers down to get some fresh air. as i did two giant black orbs flew of my covers and out of the closed window. i looked on the internet for weeks after trying to find out what they were, a lot of information said they were something evil but i know they weren't. i didn't feel scared when it happened, i just got up and went into my own bedroom. i am always scared of things happening but when they do happen i feel a sense of peace. nothing has really happened for the last couple of years, except for a couple of months a go i was really upset i was carrying my fan back into my bedroom and i was crying, next thing i know my tv switched on from standby that's never happened before and i was nowhere nears the remote. loads of other things have happened but these are the most signification ones that i can remember.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by magicalearth

Thanks for coming on the thread and sharing your experiences.

I don't know if you should trust those black orbs being good. I've researched the paranormal for over forty years, and never once have I seen the color black associated with anything other than "bad" in the spirit world. Strange that you didn't get that feeling from them. Just be careful if they come around in the future. They could be tricking you.

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join