It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DillTheDog

Fascinating experience! I appreciate the full details of you describing the event so vividly that felt I was able to actually picture it.

When you described the encounter with the man and how he went through you like you weren't there, it occured to me that most likely you experienced a residual haunting (not a "real" ghost, but a playback of a past occurance). Interesting, as well, that you caught that program about tunnels which makes a lot of sense.
It would check the history of the property in which this occured to see what buildings were there in the past.

I look forward to reading about your hypnosis results.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I am a Pisces and an artist too plus I think being sick as a child made me more sensitive than most...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So.... for all you followers of the thread, you know I posted some time back about the ghost that roams my workplace. Here's an update:

Night before last when I went to my post I was briefed by the staff member going off duty. She said the ghost had made a visit earlier. She said all was quite when suddenly the shower on the dorm turns on full force all by itself!

I could tell she was really unnerved by this incident! I smiled and said, "Yes, he makes his presence known every now and then to the new staff. He's just saying 'hello'."

Later in the wee morning hours, around 4:00, I hear a very loud banging coming from the EMPTY dorm to my right. They are doing some renovations on the dorms, and moved all the people off that unit for now.
I have noticed that whenever a unit is empty the ghost gets very active in that area. And I don't think he likes the changes being made to the units, either. I know I don't! They look horrible! Anyway.... I just looked over there and told it to stop before it woke everyone up on the other unit across from me. It stopped, and I didn't have any more "incidents" the rest of my shift.

I haven't had anything paranormal to post lately, so I thought I'd just throw that little scrap to ya!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Timical,

I found this reply from Alfred2012 on another thread. It reminded me of your Purgatory "dream" with the rooms of people in deep contemplation. I hope Alfred won't mind me copying it here.....

From Alfred:

Yes, the mood you're in when dying is very important. For example, if you have solved former relationship problems with relatives, etc.,if you're not angry, if you don't feel sad about your life and if you don't have fear to be judged by god and so on, this all helps to open your consciousness and makes the next step easier.

There is a phase very soon after you pass over where you go to a kind of "sanatorium". This is a special state of consciousness where you fall into a kind of "deep sleep" which is done for regeneration and healing of the consciousness. This is the time where even a medium has no access to the decedent. But it is possible to contact the guide of the decedent during that time. This phase can last some month (if we compare this to earth time).

Most of the decedents have this "sanatorium" phase but there are exceptions (they directly develop to higher consciousness level).

Yes, you're right with your assumption. The more we are satisfied with out life and the more prying we are for the next step without to be fearful, the easier it is. Then our consciousness is more relaxed and more open for the wonderful experiences on the other side.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

To Alfred2012,

You REALLY need to start your own thread entitled:

"Would You Like to Grow in Spiritual Knowledge?"

I bet you would be literally swamped!!!!!!

When are you coming back to the thread? I asked a question several pages back. Are you still working on your computer?

edit on 6/27/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
I had a ghost follow me around from age six until my late teens, channeled spirits, seen UFOs (close), had an object materialize from thin air in front of my face, and had a monster of some kind over 8 ft. tall walk past my bathroom window during my lifetime. I am now 54 years old. Until now I had no way of communicating with others about all these strange occurrences, but thanks to ATS, I can now ask the question, "Are there others who experience more than one type of paranormal phenomena, or am I just a paranormal magnet?"

Clairvoyance is natural sense of the children, but we are taught to use logical mind. Occasionally, this skill comes back and we see a lot of paranormal things. Accidently kid draws lines which are the rune name to call a ghost to contact. Bible prohibits: “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth".

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This is my first time on here I'm not sure how it works.... This is my paranormal story but idk if it's paranormal or not but when I was 6 I was really sad sitting on a swing set outside, I was staring at the sun and then it got brighter and brighter then a humanoid figure made out of light emerged from it and I stood up and hE had his arms held out to his sides... Then a ball of yellow light came out of his chest and went through mine, then I suddenly felt very happy! Happier then I've ever been. But one thing I don't remeber(my mom said I told her the me and the man of light played tag and hide and seek. I don't remember that but it was very vivid.... If anyone has an answer to what that might be, reply or contact me somehow please.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This isn't really paranormal it's actually kind of funny - haven't remember my dreams too well lately. I had a dream last night that a friend wanted to visit me in the morning - which must be from the other day when he said he wanted to visit me on Friday...my dreams are sometimes way too literal.

Anyway, I was worried in my dream that I would be late for work. He came over at 8:30am, which is when I usually start work. He stayed until 9:43 when I said, "oh no, we have to go, I'm really late for work!" I started to text my boss, and then I woke up. Sure enough, my alarm hadn't gone off and if I had slept any later I would have been late for work - for real!! I had accidentally set my alarm for 7pm instead of am.

Not sure why the time 9:43 appeared in my dream, must mean something!

So not really paranormal but I find it amusing the way the mind works in our dreams sometimes.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fea16
This is my first time on here I'm not sure how it works.... This is my paranormal story but idk if it's paranormal or not but when I was 6 I was really sad sitting on a swing set outside, I was staring at the sun and then it got brighter and brighter then a humanoid figure made out of light emerged from it and I stood up and hE had his arms held out to his sides... Then a ball of yellow light came out of his chest and went through mine, then I suddenly felt very happy! Happier then I've ever been. But one thing I don't remeber(my mom said I told her the me and the man of light played tag and hide and seek. I don't remember that but it was very vivid.... If anyone has an answer to what that might be, reply or contact me somehow please.

Yellow relates to the spleen and life energy. It is the color of awakening, inspiration, intelligence and action shared, creative, playful, optimistic, easy-going. The ball, or orb, symbolizes truth and a sudden understanding or realization.
I am thinking this "being" could have been your spirit guide, or a spirit helper, who was instilling this awakening, and understanding into you for your journey here on earth.

Awesome!!!
Thanks for coming on the thread and sharing your experience.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Yes, Charmeine, the mind does work in some mysterious ways!

This morning on my way home from work I stopped at a store to get some milk. I noticed a vehicle that I thought might belong to this person I was talking about in a previous post (the guy I've been trying to forget). I didn't notice it until I was walking into the store. When I got inside I looked around but he wasn't there. So, I figured it wasn't his.
When I left the store, guess who was walking up the sidewalk?
He had pulled in several minutes after me! It wasn't his vehicle I saw, but he parked right beside that vehicle when he pulled in. That space was empty when I pulled up. Anyway....we smiled at each other and had a few friendly words then went our own way.

I don't think he saw me, and followed me to the store. The look on his face when he realized it was me walking toward him (going back to my car) was one of complete surprise, and he was very nervous when we were talking. No, this happened by "accident" (for lack of a better word).

I haven't seen this man in close to two years! Now all of a sudden after mentioning him on here, then thinking he was at the store, but wasn't.............. he shows up two minutes later! What are the chances of that happening? I was more amazed at the timing of the whole thing than I was at seeing him!

edit on 6/27/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

edit on 6/27/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

The universe works in mysterious ways sled. I dated a guy for awhile in the fall, short lived relationship, bad break up in February (on my birthday I might add). I swore for two months after I kept seeing his vehicle everywhere. He's a tech so was always doing jobs on my end of town. And in my building too. I swear I saw him drive right by me at work when I was waiting for a ride. He looked right at me. Drove right by.

So I emailed him not long after that and said, "you know, life is funny. There are an awful lot of silver nissans out there with yellow ladders on the roof. Cause I swear I keep seeing you on the road!" Haven't seen his car since. So one of two things. Either he realized that I caught on to him following me around - or it was the universe saying hey, you should contact him.

Hmm I wonder if you will hear from him again?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

It seems that "fate" keeps putting us in contact with one another, but my spirit guide plainly told me (after getting very frustrated with me) that I wasn't supposed to be "involved" with this man. Things have kept happening since then that bring us together for one reason or another. I don't know what to make of it!
But, no, he won't be in touch from his own doing. Fate takes care of that for us.

There must be some roll he has in my life where things aren't finished, or else all these past circumstances wouldn't have happened to keep putting us in one another's life path. I'm stumped!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

So.... for all you followers of the thread, you know I posted some time back about the ghost that roams my workplace. Here's an update:

Maybe your the one whos roaming around his place and you are seen by him as being a ghost,when viewed from the perspective of his alternate dimension?
edit on 27-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

Amazingly there exists vast multitudes of various things within this life constantly passing us by without us really noticing them,unless we are intentionally thinking about them,purposefully paying attention and looking for them and then they suddenly start appearing in seemingly unusual frequency and they arrive unexpectedly when we are not consciously aware of their presence,our brains way of filtering reality, allowing us to physically function,more easily able to move around from one place to another without being perpetually transfixed and hypnotized by everything we see and hear...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Maybe your the one whos roaming around his place and you are seen by him as being a ghost,when viewed from the perspective of his alternate reality,perhaps the fourth dimension?

Well, that very well could be, Blocula.
I saw a show on Dead Files where Amy, the medium, was seeing the spirit of a deceased woman, but the woman wouldn't communicate with Amy because she was afraid of her. The dead woman thought Amy was evil, and from another world. She didn't realize she was the one who was dead.
I guess it just depends what realm of reality the spirit is experiencing. I hope someone will tell me I'm dead if I'm seen still lurking around here when I die! I have bigger and better things to go to!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Hmm I can see that .. sometimes. There is one person however I that keep hoping to run into or see but never somehow do. Even though he often visits friends and a gym near me - or perhaps he's purposely avoiding me! heh...funny how the universe works.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm not exactly sure if this qualifies but I had an experience I woukd like to share, I joined this site because i've been searching for answers again. This was about 8 years ago, I was 16 i am 24 now, going on 25. I was obsessed with vampires...the idea of them, the mysticism behind them, the lore all of it. I joined a forum similar to this one, I believe it was called the talamasca. This was before the twilight craze, i wasnt one who wished to sparkle and repeat high school for hundreds of years. Anyway, i was searching for ways to call to a vampire...whether it be for the experience of meeting one, or in hopes to be turned who knows...perhaps a bit of both. Whenever i would ask i would always get the same answer, "Just call to one...more with your heart than just thinking of it." So for months i tried....nothing. One night i tried again before i went to sleep, expecting it to be like the other times. I had the strangest dream that night...more like a vision. The bedroom in my old house had two large windows toward the back just behind my bed, in the front yard was a live oak tree. In this...vision it was night time the oak tree was dead, and it was storming out. There was a man standing there, in period clothing. Semi long hair, a few strands in his face, everything was so clear except his face. It was obscured....sort of a shadow just imprinted on his face...i couldn't make out any discernable features. He stood still for a moment then simply shook his head no. Lighting struck fairly close which woke me up. I remember thinking of how strange it was...my head was still swimming, i looked down and my arms were crossed over my chest as if i were in a coffin. This terrified me to such a great extent that since that night i havent tried calling again. For some reason my interest has sparked again, and i've been searching for someone with a similar experience. Have any of you had any similar run ins? I know people look at the vampire im describing as fiction...but i believe that anything is possible. I havent told many people my experience that night, for obvious reasons (people tend to look at one crazy for believing such things XD), anyhow, thanks for your time.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pr0digy
I had the strangest dream that night...more like a vision. The bedroom in my old house had two large windows toward the back just behind my bed, in the front yard was a live oak tree. In this...vision it was night time the oak tree was dead, and it was storming out. There was a man standing there, in period clothing. Semi long hair, a few strands in his face, everything was so clear except his face. It was obscured....sort of a shadow just imprinted on his face...i couldn't make out any discernable features. He stood still for a moment then simply shook his head no. Lighting struck fairly close which woke me up. I remember thinking of how strange it was...my head was still swimming, i looked down and my arms were crossed over my chest as if i were in a coffin. This terrified me to such a great extent that since that night i havent tried calling again. For some reason my interest has sparked again, and i've been searching for someone with a similar experience. Have any of you had any similar run ins? I know people look at the vampire im describing as fiction...but i believe that anything is possible. I havent told many people my experience that night, for obvious reasons (people tend to look at one crazy for believing such things XD), anyhow, thanks for your time.

To see an oak tree in your dream symbolizes longevity, stability, strength, tolerance, wisdom, and prosperity. To see the tree being dead means these things have died concerning your life. Night represents some major setbacks and obstacles in achieving your goals. You are being faced with an issue that is not so clear cut. Perhaps, you should put the issues aside so you can clear your head and come back to it later. Alternatively, night may be synonymous with death, rebirth, reflection, and new beginnings. To see a storm in your dream signifies some overwhelming struggle, shock, loss or catastrophe in your waking life. The storm also represents unexpressed fears or emotions, such as anger, rage, turmoil, etc. To see a man in your dream denotes the aspect of yourself, or your higher self. I think you saw him in the period clothing because that was the era you associated with vampires. Your higher self was telling you not to mess with these things or all the negative symbols in the "dream" would come to pass in your life.
Is there anything else you could get interested in concerning the spiritual world that maybe wouldn't be so dark, or negative? I don't think conjuring up vampires is such a good idea!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Than you for that reply sled, i've never looked at it that way before. And as for my other interests, All things paranormal fascinate me. Growing up in a haunted house didn't frighten me as much as it interested me. I'm not all about vampires and darkness. It's just an event thats stayed with me because i've never had an explanation for it, and possibly never will. I just still have that nagging voice in the back of my mind still saying "what if?", I appreciate your post and the time you've taken to analyze what i saw. Maybe ill be able to accept that explanation when i've exhausted other possibilities.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Well, that very well could be, Blocula.
I saw a show on Dead Files where Amy, the medium, was seeing the spirit of a deceased woman, but the woman wouldn't communicate with Amy because she was afraid of her. The dead woman thought Amy was evil, and from another world. She didn't realize she was the one who was dead.
I guess it just depends what realm of reality the spirit is experiencing. I hope someone will tell me I'm dead if I'm seen still lurking around here when I die! I have bigger and better things to go to!

Reminds me of a scene in The Lion King - Zazu is trapped in a ribcage prison and Timone is trying to escape a hyena - he runs in shouting "Lemme in lemme in!" Zazu replies, "Lemme out lemme out!" It's all in your perspective.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pr0digy
Than you for that reply sled, i've never looked at it that way before. And as for my other interests, All things paranormal fascinate me. Growing up in a haunted house didn't frighten me as much as it interested me. I'm not all about vampires and darkness. It's just an event thats stayed with me because i've never had an explanation for it, and possibly never will. I just still have that nagging voice in the back of my mind still saying "what if?", I appreciate your post and the time you've taken to analyze what i saw. Maybe ill be able to accept that explanation when i've exhausted other possibilities.

Please trust what your higher self, or the messenger in the dream was telling you. Messing with this can bring great destruction into your life. Since you say you are interested in all paranormal, go back to page one of this thread, and entertain yourself reading all the experiences the many posters have told here. That should keep you busy for awhile.
Maybe there will be something in one of them that will capture your interest to study.
Hope you stick around on the thread, and we welcome any input you wish to share on them.

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join