It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 369
<< 366  367  368    370  371  372 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: sled735

Your thread has a life of it's own.

Until it hits the post limit...

*twitch*

I have not had any paranormal events in a little while.
To busy with work to pay attention to anything.

The place that we just bought had something moving around in it when we first got here, but it seemed to leave with the former owners. There was about a week where we all had to stay here together and it was moving around then, but is gone now. Just a shadow out of the corner of your eye moving around, but everyone saw it.

The former owners knew and thought it might be connected to the place, but I am pretty certain it is connected to them because it is gone now that they are.

Is good to see you too.

I'm happy to hear it went with them. I hope that wasn't why they decided to move. If so...

SURPRISE!

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro
Yes, lots.

From 2007 when my friend passed to 2012 i went through an intense gauntlet of experiences ranging from UFO sightings, witnessing possession, coincidences out the ass, other synchronicities, manifestation, and much more.

It culminated one night when my ex gf and i were confronted by "something". To put it bluntly, it wasnt human. I moved away the next day and tht night our next door neighbors house burned to the ground.

I incurred severe psychological trauma from all of it. Only in the last year my flashbcks and suffering have let up.

I remember the trauma I went through as a child when my paranormal experiences started. It took me 30 years to get over the fear each time something happened. I finally came across information that helped me understand we are more powerful than them, and how to use that power. I'm no longer afraid, and my experiences are more benevolent now.

I don't show fear, and that's the main one thing I can tell you if you ever come across a malevolent spirit again.
SHOW NO FEAR! They feed on it. If you don't feed them, they will leave eventually and move on to a different 'meal'.

If it was an ET, you can tell it NO, you don't want to go, and they should leave you alone because they are not allowed to take you without your permission. If they take you anyway... well, they aren't the good guys.

I hope you research your experiences and learn what's really going on, and how to protect yourself. It's what finally helped me cope with my own.
These days, if I see an orb floating through the room, I just look in amazement and wonder who it is, then go back to watching my t.v. show.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

Hii Sled
I hope this thread never ends-and i don't think it will,even if it slows down a bit sometimes.Things have been quiet in my own life,re this type of thing.Just some synchronicities.I love listening to Creepypastas on YT every night while i make digital art,and so often lately,for instance i will be clicking on a png element for an artwork im planning,say eg. a star and the moment i right click to save,the narrator says the word "star".Been happening so often lately. I hope you and yours are well and fine,best wishes,hug to you

Very good to see you Raxoxane!

Thanks for the information about that site, Creepypastas. I'll have to check it out.

Sounds like you have a ghost in your computer too. Hmm... interesting!

It's the strangest thing about this thread. Ever since I first started it, posts would slow or stop for weeks at a time and I'd think it had come to an end. Then, the next day I would log on and there would be all kinds of different people posting.

It was like 'someone' read my mind and said, "Hell no, it's not going to end. This thread has a purpose, and it WILL continue."

I'm convinced this thread kept going because it offered a place for like-minded people to share their experiences without ridicule. That alone is 'paranormal' for ATS! It's great therapy for people like us.

Take care, and hugs right back to you.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pillywiggin
Because I have never had a paranormal experience, I am very curious about them. For those who have experienced being touched, did you think the touch was a malicious attempt to hurt you or just a means of getting attention? My curiosity does not mean I want an experience, though. I think it would scare me.

I can only speak from MY personal experience. Hopefully, someone else will reply too.

The first time I was touched was when I was very young. It, whatever IT was, grabbed my ankles and started pulling me out of the bed. I broke away and went to the living room where the rest of my family was.
Yes, it was a malevolent spirit. It taunted me every chance it got, but I called on my angels and they always came and ran it off.
Over the years, I have felt a slight touch or stroke on my arm, which I believe was from a family member, or possibly my spirit guide giving me comfort. I haven't had any more malevolent experiences since that one time in the bed.

However, if you can count having pennies materialize and hitting you in the head as malevolent, then there was that. LOL But, I think it was just trying really hard to get my attention, not to hurt me.

Trust me, you will know if it's good or evil. There is a certain "feeling" that comes over you to tell you which it is.

Don't be afraid of everything paranormal that could happen to you. It's part of the process in spiritual awakening.
Sometimes it's just a family member saying hello. We have to learn how to conquer the 'bad guys'.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I don't think I would consider anything that threw money at me evil, haha. I don't think I have the sensitivity required to see or sense ghosts. I lived in Lincoln, NM (site of the Lincoln County War) right in the middle of town for an entire summer and never sensed or saw anything. I have spent time in Old Town Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Bisbee, and Tombstone, and never had an experience. I am not interested in making contact through a spirit board or anything like that. I also have no interest in any kind of long-term visitation. I just think it would be interesting to have one first-hand experience, like people discuss on television and the radio. On the other hand, "Be careful what you wish for" keeps running through my head as I type this.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I see lots of new posts. I'm glad the thread hasn't died. I don't think this is paranormal but I had an intense but quite pleasant dream involving mermaids. I think it was related to something I saw on YouTube so I don't think it was paranormal. Just a weird way my mind puts together some odd stuff and then puts a sexual twist on it all. I do wonder how many people have some dreams involving intimate contact with non human entities. Probably a lot more after certain movies came out. If life is nothing but a big virtual realty experiment, it could get interesting living life as an alien humanoid but I suspect if we die and get born again, we don't remember past lives. On the other hand, maybe dreams can pull up very old memories. I don't know. The mermaids assumed human form and they were all very pretty. It was a fun dream while it lasted.
. That's a nice way to be woken up in the middle of the night.

As far as others wanting to experience the paranormal, I suspect if they could live with me for a while, they might see something. I can't remember if I posted this or not but found out in the last couple months, in the town I live in, the paper had an article about a town ghost from the Victorian age. The ghost I thought maybe I saw for a fraction of a second looked like a female from the Victorian age. The paper said she made her presence known in a couple of old buildings downtown. I've visited those buildings without hearing about any ghost. Coincidence? What I thought I saw one night was standing nearby in my living room though. I was really surprised to read the article in the paper.

I read that someone posted that possible ghost sightings might be an image your brain put together and you see a flash of an image for a tiny fraction of a second, Since what I saw was only for a tiny fraction of a second and this was sometime in the last few years, it could have been something weird I imagined. However I rarely picture women dressed up from head to toe in Victorian era style clothing or clothing from the 1800's if I have the time period correct. The paper said the ghost might be lonely.
edit on 2/8/17 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Those of you who keep up with this thread know that I have had a ghost in my house ever since I've lived here; maybe more than one. They have been real quite since the last time I threatened to bring out the sage, but yesterday was a different story...

My daughter moved out recently and is moving across to the other side of the country. It's a three day road trip to get there. She's lived with me for a long time, and I think her leaving upset the ghost.

The night following the day she left, I kept hearing something like a bottle of something falling off a shelf in the laundry room, but when I checked, nothing was out of place. Then the following morning I was awakened to a shelf in my entertainment center that held the DVD player falling down. It had stayed perfectly in place for the last 7 years.
Maybe an hour later a wheel barrow full of stuff my husband had sitting at the edge of the house turned over by itself, spilling all the contents out into our driveway. It had been sitting there for at least a few days.

I didn't feel any ground shaking, like an earthquake that could have made those things happen.

How can anyone say this is just a coincidence?
Not very likely in my opinion.

Anyone who knows about ghosts knows that most of them don't like change. I think maybe her leaving upset one of them.

I haven't had anything else happen since, so I hope they have settled back down. Just wanted to post for a time stamp.

edit on 8/9/2017 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Very good thread sled735,
what I'm about to say is not paranormal per say but weird nonetheless even though I ( and my parents) have experienced paranormal before.

I sure would love to hear an explanation for this.
My grand-daughter (5yo now), ever since she started talking ( her first words), she called me "Bay" and not pappy, grand-dad or anything else like her older cousin did. Now, my 4 grand-children call me "Bay".
I was asked last summer by my sister when she came to visit us (I live quite far away from the homestead) as to why they called me by that name. I told her I didn't know why and that this grand-daughter in particular started it ever since the beginning and the other ones just followed suit. She thought it was weird and reminded me that was the name they called my dad when he was young until he was married and had children but no longer. I remember vaguely him being called "Bay" but had forgotten about it long ago.
Just as a side note, I also have a closer relationship with her and she loves me to death to a point that it is very obvious thus making the other grand-children jealous. So I have to be very careful not to favor 1 over the others but I can say, there's something special here and I can't figure it out.
Could it be reincarnation?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I have been touched too when I was something like 8. It was a soft caress on my cheek....

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: openedeyesandears
Very good thread sled735,
what I'm about to say is not paranormal per say but weird nonetheless even though I ( and my parents) have experienced paranormal before.

I sure would love to hear an explanation for this.
My grand-daughter (5yo now), ever since she started talking ( her first words), she called me "Bay" and not pappy, grand-dad or anything else like her older cousin did. Now, my 4 grand-children call me "Bay".
I was asked last summer by my sister when she came to visit us (I live quite far away from the homestead) as to why they called me by that name. I told her I didn't know why and that this grand-daughter in particular started it ever since the beginning and the other ones just followed suit. She thought it was weird and reminded me that was the name they called my dad when he was young until he was married and had children but no longer. I remember vaguely him being called "Bay" but had forgotten about it long ago.
Just as a side note, I also have a closer relationship with her and she loves me to death to a point that it is very obvious thus making the other grand-children jealous. So I have to be very careful not to favor 1 over the others but I can say, there's something special here and I can't figure it out.
Could it be reincarnation?

Hello, sorry you're coming in on the thread when I was allowing it to die, but I'll stick around as long as people keep posting.
So, I guess I should say "Welcome" to you like I do to all newcomers.

Your story DOES sound like a case of reincarnation... very much so.

Do you look like your dad? What confuses me here is that Bay was what your dad was called. It could be that her "spirit" got confused somehow and thought you were him. But, really, I don't see how that could happen, either.
Maybe calling you that name is a signal to let you know she was someone special in your life before; maybe a grandmother, aunt, or even a male figure in the last life.

Who do you remember being especially close to as a child that has now passed over? That could be your answer.

Thanks for coming on the thread.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Thank you for the welcome,
and yes I do look like my dad and his mother was very dear to me. I remember crying at her funeral at 7 yo and my siblings made fun of me for crying.
I guess we'll never know but I sure will enjoy my grand-daughter's company.

I just had to get it off my chest as not too many believe my situation.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: openedeyesandears
Thank you for the welcome,
and yes I do look like my dad and his mother was very dear to me. I remember crying at her funeral at 7 yo and my siblings made fun of me for crying.
I guess we'll never know but I sure will enjoy my grand-daughter's company.

I just had to get it off my chest as not too many believe my situation.

Cheers!

She might still be young enough to ask her. Most younger children have some memories of their past life, but it starts to fade at ages 5 and 6. They don't mention anything because no one asks them.

Get her off to herself sometime and ask her if she remembers you from a past life, and she how she responds. Don't react with disbelief; this will discourage her from sharing anything that could give you answers. If she seems to remember ANYTHING, ask for more. Where did she live, what year was it, etc.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

How do you know that these memories are nothing more than memories passed down through bloodline, through DNA? A spider doesn't get taught how to build a web, the instructions are built in, these are memories. So, isn't the DNA memory theory more plausible than the past life theory considering the spider analogy?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 0rbital

Hello Orbital. I see you are still lurking.

Memories being passed down through genes is one "theory", and the one that most people accept, but...

those people apparently haven't read Many Lives, Many Masters, by Brian Weiss. During his study of hundreds of regression patients he came across one woman who remembered a life where she was barren, and she gave names of places, years, names of people, and they all checked out.
If she couldn't have children to pass the genes on, how did she remember this particular life?

That one case alone blows the whole gene theory to bits, IMO.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The weird name post reminds me of my younger sister learning to talk but couldn't get my name right for a while. I thought it was amusing. She called me wizard. Every time she called out my name I heard wizard.

Coincidence in college had a dust devil form around me one afternoon. I had been noticing the wind blowing around me. In case anyone wonders, it was perfectly calm in the eye of a dust devil. We both traveled together across campus until we reached my dorm building where we both stopped. It was at that point I decided I would walk through the dusty part of it out of the eye. It dissipated after I did that. Weird. I don't think anyone else saw that but if anyone did, I have no doubt they wanted to stay away from me. I probably would stay away from someone if I saw them walking with a dust devil. It was a weird dust devil as well because it was so symmetrical and stayed centered around me every moment since it formed until reaching my dorm building. It did grow a lot bigger though. Never saw anything like that before or since. The videos I've seen of dust devils make them always seem chaotic or spinning around out of control. Remnant of a past life as a wizard manifesting in this life? Who knows?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hi Blend! Been awhile, I know. Life is busy and that is good. Hope you are well. I'm going to share something that is likely explainable by natural occurrence but, has such an air of possible paranormal to it that I thought you and your readers may find it interesting. I'm still on the fence with ghosts/spirits and the like but, fall off onto one side or the other once in awhile. It certainly is an interesting topic, to me, to read about, study etc.

My children's father moved back into the house about...2 1/2 months ago now and has a room set up on the opposite end of the house. He has always been interested in the paranormal (firm believer) and this stems from childhood and seeing/hearing things and the like. He has lots of stories. My oldest daughter who has been sick in the past and encounters, not so much lately thank gosh, a small 'woman' type person isn't sure what to believe although chooses her medial diagnosis as being the root cause of her audio/visual hallucinations (?) over a paranormal explanation as she is an atheist and doesn't necessarily believe in souls/spirits etc. Her father has seen it (the hag) also and it takes, usually, a routine path through the house when he does.

I hadn't been sleeping well for a few days and last evening went to take a nap on my bed. I suppose it was around 7pm (CST). Around 8 PM he saw it ( the hag/shadow/whatever it is) coming from the kitchen while he was sitting in his room watching TV. He's expressed that to me often in the two years or so we've lived here and I always responded with "Perhaps it was shadows?". Trying to find a reasonable answer, of course, and not wanting to upset my daughter or 'encourage' any thoughts or visions. He watched it go down the hallway to my bedroom door where he has a clear view from his position in his room. As soon as the shadow came into my room, he heard me start to cough and gag. He rushed to my room and I was restless but, had not woken up. Another oddity was that my dog was perched between me and the edge of the bed, where he never lays. He started growling at him and as he reached toward my feet to get the blanket to cover me the dog followed him there growling. In all fairness the dog has been very and increasingly 'clingy' to me. It's sort of a running family joke that he won't get 'off of my hip' and it's true. He is either at my feet or my side or wherever I am, he needs to be there and suffers great separation anxiety and well, it HAS gotten worse or more extreme in the past few years.

I've had this dog for 15 years (as of July) and he has never behaved that way ( the growling at him etc). He told the dog "Take care of her Wally" and the dog looked to the closet and back at him and winked...LOL...that made me laugh. Anyway, for context he has seen this figure lurking in the closet of the room that is now his and it used to be a living room but, before that it was a carport and the laundry was where the closet is today. The kitchen, in days before the carport was remodeled, was the entrance from the carport. It would seem as if this 'entity' (?) was doing laundry, came through the original door to the kitchen and proceeded down the hall to my bedroom to put clothes away in the closet?

It's very strange. He was texting my oldest daughter at the time and she came out of her room and they sat together discussing the event. She had heard me thrashing about and coughing/gagging, the dog growling and him talking to the dog (her room is beside mine) and she texted him and that's when they began communicating about it. He has a spirit box that the girls bought him for his birthday so he got it out and they began asking some questions. They heard a man and a woman talking. One question he asked was 'how old are you?' because they wondered if it is a small child due to it's height. It's around the same height as my youngest daughter...5' 3". I'm about 5' 6". The response my daughter heard, female voice, was '40 something', he was unable to make it out. The next thing that they heard was, again female voice, 'come here'. After some time, they heard nothing else and put the box away and carried on as usual.

I would've preferred him to not say anything to her about what he had seen but, he did...so...I'm going to look at the good side of this 'event' and say that IF there is something here, it appears to have latched on to me instead of my daughter (if one believes in that sort of thing and her hallucinations/visions HAVE been at bay for a while now) and that is good. If THAT consoles or helps her in some way then that is even better. I often have trouble sleeping and last night I woke up around midnight and was unable to go back to sleep until about 5 or so. Not unusual for me. He suggests that this 'woman' comes through the house, doing her normal routines, and is unhappy with me in her room and attacks (?). I don't know if I believe that. But, it puts a different spin on my sleeping patterns. I thought my body had just become accustomed to not sleeping from many years off caring for my mom and my daughter through the nights.

Thanks for reading all of you, still processing it myself.
And thanks Blend, again, for this thread if nothing else than a place to record and share information and it helps the whole process.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Blend? Who's Blend?

Good to see you again TNMockingbird. It's been awhile.

I was going to say what your hubby was seeing could be residual energy left over from the old house, the way it used to be, but then you said you picked up some voices on the recorder. Well, it's true that didn't have to be her that was talking, but it probably was.
I wouldn't give much attention to the "ghost", unless it's to try and help her cross over. Once she realizes people are aware of her, things might pick up.

As for your sleep, or lack thereof, try listening to some of those videos that's supposed to aid with sleep problems. I'll post one, but there are many more you might like better.

Really good to see you here again. Keep me/us updated.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Oops at the gaffe! Someone I care about. Her mother passed recently and she has been heavy on my mind. A shared understanding I suppose and well, there you go.

Thanks for the video, didn't need it last night as I was mentally exhausted (in a good way) from the time leading up to and the eclipse itself. We were in totality and it was just __________! (insert adjective of choice as there are too many to list)

Thanks for responding and I will keep in touch, updates or anything else that I hope you all would be interested in. I am moving in the next couple of weeks, only across the street, and it will be interesting if anything happens before or after.

Take care Sled!

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pillywiggin
Because I have never had a paranormal experience, I am very curious about them. For those who have experienced being touched, did you think the touch was a malicious attempt to hurt you or just a means of getting attention? My curiosity does not mean I want an experience, though. I think it would scare me.

It depends.

Some things can cause harm without intending to. Afterall, our minds can be fragile to such paradigm bending knowledge.

Im fairly certain ive encountered a bit of it all. Definitely dealt with "something" that was, well, pure evil. Ill never forget its "voice".

The kind of evil that humans would unanimously define as evil. The kind of evil that paralyzes your cats, makes them vomit, and gives you a feeling of fear worse than that of the battlefield. True....evil.

But, an evil that yields to a man filled with the courage of God...and an armblade. Lol. 😂
edit on 22-8-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I don't remember getting touched for maybe a whole year or two. I don't remember. Paranormal female ghosts have been slack lately. I felt like something paranormal moved to my new house a week after I moved in so it makes me wonder if something or someone feels attached to me even if I haven't noticed anything for a while. The touch I remember actually felt pretty good. It was accompanied by a distortion in the air a couple of times as well right in front of me. I suspect a female I knew must have died. I do remember at least one or two females who died sudden deaths. I wasn't involved with them but who knows if they liked me? If they aren't spirits of the dead, I wondered if someone could be doing a bit of astral travel and it could be a girl who was alive but projecting a presence.

If someone is not used to the paranormal and they hang out with me, just a matter of time before something freaks them out. One possibility is that the only paranormal stuff I'm experiencing is being caused by me. However if that's true, I've only manifested telekinesis events maybe 4 or 5 times. I prefer to think it was something else, not me because the objects that moved were big. Well the wind blew down about 4 or 5 stands just as I walked past each one so make that count 8 or 9 but I blame a freak wind about 60% of the time. Most freaky wind was the dust devil that formed around me. It was cool in the eye. I walked across campus in the eye of a dust devil and I think no one saw me. If they did, they probably thought I was possessed or the antichrist or something and didn't want to say anything. I think I would stay away from someone like that.

Another possibility is that I created this whole universe and all of you are just figments of my imagination and if I think too much about something, it happens because I created everything in my head already. Hmmm, I should think about winning a powerball jackpot. That would be 1 in 292 million odds. I must focus. Then buy a ticket.

I do find it a bit disturbing to wonder if maybe I have been temporarily possessed. That might also explain a feeling of super speed on several occasions. It was kind of fun using super speed to play an old arcade game through 26 levels and then doing it all over again on one quarter. My previous record had been like level 6 or 7 without super speed. Note, very bad idea to attack someone who might become temporarily possessed. Every time as a little kid when someone hit me, the demon inside me would come out and give me super speed. Unfortunately it would also take over my body. I caused 3 kids to end up in the hospital after they attacked me when I was a kid myself. I ended up with a piece of glass in my hand after one brief outburst as a kid. I used to lose control. That was a long time ago. Makes me wonder if you can be temporarily possessed. I guess when paranormal stuff keeps happening, you wonder why? Why me?

The total eclipse was really cool to see. Sky was clear during the total part and it was great to see it all. It was my first total eclipse and it went right over my house. I got lucky. First I heard about it was about a year ago.

edit on 24/8/17 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 366  367  368    370  371  372 >>

join