It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 317
<< 314  315  316    318  319  320 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Hey, DB! (waves back to you)
Thanks for the compliment on the thread.
I thought it would have died long ago, but I've found out those ghosties and ETs just don't stop scaring people!!

Surely you didn't waste a good *sip* of coffee by spewing it out your nose! Shame on you! Now I'll have to report you to the coffee police!

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: kittinst0mper
a reply to: sled735

Lol thanks.
I am somewhat envious of these experiences, but then again, not so much.
The mirror never bothered me before I joined ATS, but I find true stories like these to be better than any movie or book I have ever enjoyed.
I've only made it to page 13 so far (this thread is HUGE!!!) but look forward to the rest and hope that people keep posting.
Again, thanks, and have a good one. I will be here whether you hear from me or not lol...if the mirror doesn't get me first.

I don't think they will stop posting, Kitten. This thread has been going for over 3 years with not much slack. Maybe every now and then it would be a few weeks with no activity, then *BOOM*! Here comes several people all at the same time telling stories. I've learned to just sit back and wait... and they will come.

If you run across anything you would like to leave some feedback on, please feel free. It's nice to know people are still out there reading it.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

lol

Not the COFFS!!!!

As a side note, I have not had anything weird happen in a while now....
and now that I said it, something weird will probably happen.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I watched a show on "The Afterlife" with Bob Olsen a few weeks ago where a man was being interviewed about receiving communication from his dead son. He has written a book and also continued to finish the movie his son was working on.
His story shows really good evidence that our loved ones still remain around us (when we need them) after passing.
As I was watching this, I kept thinking about my supervisor at work who lost his son about 5 years ago. Then I got this "message" from him (the son) to buy the book for his dad.
He also told me to give him a message.
So, I did this night before last with trepidation because he is of the Christian faith ONLY. I figured he'd think I was nuts and throw the book in the garbage, but that's not what happened. He looked at me with wide eyes, and thanked me. Then last night he came back to talk to me about his son's message, and I told him again what he said.

He seemed to have such a peace come over him! He thanked me again and said his wife thanks me too. It was very rewarding for me.

So, you never know... you just never know! If you can help someone who is grieving over losing a loved one, do whatever you can to ease their suffering. Don't do like I did and put it off because you're afraid of how they'll react.
I learned a valuable lesson, and at the same time, helped ease someone's pain.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Lovely!

So, you never know... you just never know! If you can help someone who is grieving over losing a loved one, do whatever you can to ease their suffering. Don't do like I did and put it off because you're afraid of how they'll react. I learned a valuable lesson, and at the same time, helped ease someone's pain.

Something I learned a long time ago was to not hold back if a clear message comes through, no matter the time or place, if you get one for somebody, you need to tell them and not hold onto it.

Star for u!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Hello everyone, been a while since I've posted here/logged in.

Couple of weird things have happened to me.

One day I was walking around an upstairs living room, just wandering around and looking out the windows at the foliage. As I looked towards the driveway I gazed in disbelief as I saw a human-like shadow clearly standing in a gap between the house and the trees/shrubs in the garden below. It remained motionless as I stared at it for a short time before I bravely bolted from the area, not wanting to keep looking at it lest it turn its attention on me. I've hesitatingly looked out there multiple times since then, have never seen it nor anything capable of making a shadow like that again.

I went to bed one night, flipped off the lights, turned on the TV and a fan. I began to hear a tapping noise, seemingly emanating from somewhere in the room. Despite the light of the TV, the room was shrouded in gloom so I couldn't see what could be doing it. I thought maybe the fan was blowing onto something, despite it not have done so in the months prior. I turned on a light next to my bed and got up to look around the room. When my brother went to Europe he had brought me back this Evil Eye designed charm, which I hung around one of the knobs on my dresser, which is right next to the fan. It seemed like that could have made the tapping sound, which seemed sort of plastic-y, but as I watched it the fan never moved it (nor has it ever). The tapping never happened as I was looking around, but as soon as I gave up, got back in bed, and turned off the light, it continued. Hasn't happened again since that incident.

A week or two ago I was gathering things for trash day and passed by a photo of my mother (who died last year). I began to think about her and as I was leaving that area I heard loud, rapid, possibly violent, metallic taps or bangs coming from the fireplace/chimney that is in that room. Never heard anything like it before or since, but it put a fear in me.

Last week, I was sitting here at my desk at night time. I got one of those bad feelings, like something was looking at me with ill intent from the darkness outside. The next day, we were going to have hotdogs and coneys/snappy grillers/'white hotdogs' for dinner. Our grill was a pretty old propane grill, at least 12-15 years old. We had just replaced some parts on it a few weeks back as some animals damaged it over the winter. It had seemed to be working fine since then. Well, I got it turned on put the meat on and went back inside, keeping an eye on the clock to go back out and turn them. I knew something was wrong as soon as I got near the patio door.

If you've ever used a gas grill you have heard the HISSSSSSSSSS of the gas before you light it. What I heard was that sound but on steroids, WHOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHHHH! At first I thought maybe the flames had gone out and I was just hearing the usual hiss, but I had heard it enough to know that thing was something else. I quickened my pace and ground to a halt as I stared at a surreal scene. The heat control knobs were lying on the ground after being melted off, and an inferno was raging at the front of the grill. I picked up one of the knobs, trying to comprehend exactly what was going on, then ran for a fire extinguisher. Years of video games bolstered the terror I felt, was it going to explode like so many propane tanks have in the digital worlds?

Eventually the gas knob was turned off and the raging inferno that supposed to be dinner was subdued.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DaringDo

Hello, DaringDo. Good to see you again!

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply... life happens, you know?

That is really weird! I'm sitting here trying to figure out what the shadow person was doing in your driveway. There are so many stories on here from different people, it makes it impossible for me to remember everyone's personal stories. I'll have to go back when I have time to review your previous posts. I might have more insight to this then.

As for the tapping, that happened to me awhile back too... as soon as I'd go to bed the tapping would start. It sounded like it was on my chest of drawers at first, but when I turned on the light, it stopped. Light off... tapping began again, but in a different area of the room. This happened for several nights in a row.

I think it's just someone in the spirit world trying to get our attention. I can't say if it was your mother, or some other entity trying to scare you. But, I can say that your fear will allow negative entities to enter your "space". It could just be her letting you know she's with you, so try to calm down. If she's there, she will help protect your from any evil that might be trying to enter the house, like that shadow person in your driveway.

That thing outside could have been the culprit of blowing up your grill, but that is something that could happen from a faulty gas leak, or some other logical explanation, but it does make one wonder, being as it happened after these other experiences you had.

Thanks for sharing with us. Don't be a stranger.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
For the past three days, when I get ready for bed, I've heard scratching noises on my wall. This only began after I mentioned the tapping noises I was hearing in the above post.

I think I may have woke someone up!

I investigated by looking outside to see if any of the cats were around, but they weren't. I also thought is could be a mouse or some critter that had gotten under the floor, but there is no entrance for them to get in, and with four cats around, I doubt a mouse is going to hang around for long!

Humm...

I guess it's just someone saying hi, and letting me know they are still here. Guess I'll have to have a talk with them.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Ewww scratching noises!

Reminds me of Sylvia Browne's fingernails....

EWWWWW!!

Maybe Sylvia is saying hi...
lol

Interesting with the noises.
Perhaps sometime soon you will find the answer.
I tried to take a peek and saw some long haired blond woman.
(like reeeeeeaaaaally long hair)
*shrug*
probably just my imagination.

Edited part:
She's being pushy now.

There you go,
now I am gonna let it go...lol

edit on 12-6-2015 by Darkblade71 because: edited again for a word crime.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Well, my grandmother had really, really long hair, but it was red. I've felt her with me on several different occasions.
Blond huh? Well, I don't know anyone like that in this life. Maybe it's my guide? Maybe my "other self"... I've always wanted to have long blond hair!

Thanks for taking a peek.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

No problem.

Perhaps it will become clear later.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This just happened tonight and it's left me a little scared due to the weirdness of it. Around 8 or 9 PM I went to the kitchen to get some strawberries. I noticed a television was on, in the same room I experienced those angry seeming taps on the chimney/fireplace week ago. It was on pretty loud and to my knowledge nobody had even been in there recently to warrant it being on. (It wasn't, as far as I know, turned on when I was making dinner around 6 PM, and the only other person here was watching TV in a different room)

I've been avoiding that room ever since the tapping incident, I peeked in and didn't see anyone around, but I did see something a little weird.

There was bright red light in the room that made me immediately turn tail. I think it was like the light projected by a TV in a darkened room where it illuminates (it wasn't really that dark in there at the time), but it happened so fast I can't really remember the details. I think I was at the threshold looking in, the TV was up against the wall closest to the door, and I either saw the cone of red light radiating across from the TV or I looked directly towards it (from the side) and saw the light, or maybe both. It didn't really seem like light the TV would normally produce.

Whatever it was, I didn't want to deal with it. Even stranger, as I left either the volume turned down or whatever channel it was on switched to something that was really quiet.

Sometime within the next hour, the volume turned way up again, so loud I could hear it all the way down here, even with my Turtle Beach headphones on. Somehow, everyone else was either asleep or ignoring it, so I had to go ask one of them to check on it, since I certainly wasn't going in there myself.

Is something wrong with the TV or its remote? Was it something paranormal? Or even more sinister, was it someone lurking around with a universal remote outside? Or just a neighbor with a new remote? Spooky, and a bit concerning all around.

Edit: It just did it again just now around 2 AM. That same TV turned on, volume went super high (it had been manually turned down earlier), and when I went up to see what was going on the volume lowered again. I thought I heard whisperings so I swiftly came back downstairs, probably was just from that TV or another TV or PC someone may have running. Even though it seems super loud to me everyone else here appears to be sleeping through it or ignoring it.
edit on 16-6-2015 by DaringDo because: Update

edit on 16-6-2015 by DaringDo because: Formatting

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I don't know what to tell you, DaringDo. It could be your mother trying to let you know she's there, or it could be something else. The only way to find out for sure is to bring a medium in to check it out.
I'm sure that freaked you out though, after seeing that black figure at the road.

I'll say it again... I know it's hard, believe me, I do, but try not to show fear. Fear will attract negative energies/entities into your home, and you don't want that!

Maybe try speaking to it as if it's your mother, just in case it is, and tell her you acknowledge that she is still with you, but not to mess with the t.v. or anything that will scare you.

See if that gets any results. If not, then she must be trying to get some kind of message to you... if it's her.

Keep us updated.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I've got a couple of things I'll share....not sure how I'd forgotten about them!

#1. My SIL came to visit maybe it was last May or so. She had been ill with Stage 4 Cirrhosis and Hep C3...we knew she would pass just no idea when....she was 56 when she came.

Her grandmother in Detroit had passed away a few days before she came to us. We were all just hanging out and what not and I had trimmed one of the boys hair earlier and put the scissors back in my bathroom where I kept them. My SIL wanted to take a nap, she tired easily. She laid down in my bed, I went in and covered her with a light blanket. She slept about two hours or so and when she got up, she went in my bathroom and brushed her hair. She had really thin, long hair and it was easily knotted. She came down the hall and hollered for me. One side of her hair had been cut! Like just about a two inches across. It was so odd. She said that she had dreamed of her Granny while she napped. She thought her Granny had cut it in her sleep! I don't know what happened but, I DO know that my SIL was very particular about who cut her hair (I being one of the few that had permission) and I can't imagine she would have done it to herself.
She even off to the side asked me if I thought one of my kids would have done it "as a joke or something"...certainly NOT.
They are teenagers, LOL, and THAT is something they would never do....mess with someone's physical appearance.
Never did we figure out what could have happened, I think she just chalked it up to Granny with whom she DID have a rocky relationship with...It certainly was a STRAIGHT cut...

#2. A recent thread made me remember this one...
We had just moved into a new (new to us) house in Florida. My oldest daughter would have been about 2. The neighbors were sort of an "odd" bunch! Once you got to know them and if they like you, you "were in" so to speak...this took some time though LOL...anyway...
I woke up one morning and my S.O. said "this has to stop. we have to find out what's causing her nightmares"...I didn't know what he was talking about and he was very surprised to find out that I didn't hear a thing at night. He said that our daughter had been waking up for a few nights screaming "Leave me alone, you are not my Daddy!". "Daddy!". He would go into her bedroom and tell her it was alright and she would eventually drift off back to sleep...
WE checked doors, windows, locks, you name it...nothing out of the ordinary...
Well, I told him to wake me up the next time it happened. He did. I heard her...it sent chills down my spine! I got up, ran down the hall, saw the terrified look in her eyes and grabbed her up and she came to bed with me.
Her Dad checked all around inside and outside the house again and there was nothing...
The next day I was able to get out of her something about the "old man in her room". She said "he is not my Daddy".
Needless to say, she moved into the bedroom with us. My S.O. always had an interest in things paranormal ( his family was "followed" when he was a child by something...
Some time went by (maybe weeks/a month or so) and we happened to be talking to the neighbors (finally, I guess they decided we were okay to talk to LOL)...we had asked and they had mentioned the old man who lived in our house before us. Well, actually his family...he loved children, he had worked at Disney...He had gotten some type of Cancer that cause part of his face to become disfigured and have to be removed, he wore a mask...He could take it off but, he wore it most of the time...
He had a hospital bed in the living room and the Easter before he died, the neighbors had an Egg Hunt in the front yard so that he could watch the kids....they said it made him very happy. The kids were a little freaked out by his appearance though.
Was it him? Don't know....
Did she a dead man in her room? Don't know...
Was it just nightmares of a small child? Maybe....
My daughter slept in my room until we moved. There were other rooms but, I wanted her with me! The nightmares (or whatever) stopped immediately of course!
Well, we only lived there about another 1 1/2 years or so.
Thanks for reading!

Hi Sled!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Before you automatically think the tv is acting supernatural, please check to see if any of your neighbors have similar tv's or remotes. I have heard stories of a neighbors tv remote affecting the tv in a neighbors house. If your neighbors are all a mile away from your house, you can rule out this possibility. There are a lot of radio waves in the air so it might be hard to determine the source of some interference.
If a neighbor is affecting your tv, you might be able to fix that by changing some of the default settings on your tv and remote. I would have to read instructions or call my satellite provider. Good luck figuring it out. Do your neighbors live close by?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Good to see you again, TN!!

That's really wild about your SIL's hair being cut! I don't think I've ever heard anything like that before... and I have no idea how to explain it.
I know spirits can manipulate matter in this plane if they are advanced enough, so she must be very advanced!! Wow!
I'm glad I'm on good terms with my family/friends that have passed on.

I'm sure the guy visiting your daughter didn't mean her any harm, but seeing someone with a partial face, or mask, would scare the dumplings out of a small child!

I hope the angels have come to show him the way to the light (the next spiritual realm) by now. It saddens me to think of all the lonely souls out there that terrify people when all they want is for someone to talk to them.

Good to know you are still visiting the thread, and thanks for sharing that with us.

Take care, and don't be a stranger.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

Good to see you again too, Orion.

That's good advice you gave DaringDo. It's always best to rule out a logical explanation before declaring it as something paranormal.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yeah I could imagine someone next door turning up the volume thinking his remote wasn't working that great. Meanwhile the tv next door is getting the volume blasting away. lol
I've read about it happening.
It could be paranormal but if it's the neighbor doing it, I would want to know.

I did a quick search. Several people have reported problems with neighbors changing channels.
answers.yahoo.com...

one example above ^

I've been lurking and checking on this thread. Nothing much new to add.
I spotted a lizard in my house a couple of days ago so it would be nice if a ghost or someone could tell me what happened to it.
I even tried what someone suggested but no luck. I said "I wonder where I can find cheap car insurance?". no lizard showed up.

edit on 18/6/15 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I don't know what was causing the TV issues. I think it did it again around 3-4 AM and it was finally unplugged. It, thankfully, has not turned on since being unplugged. The closest neighboring household is probably about 50' away. I don't know what kind of range a remote could have though.

Very weird experience though, especially if it was someone with a new remote and the inputs received by this TV were the same as theirs. Why were they cranking their volume all the way up then down, repeatedly through the night?

I keep having this recurring dream, the plot as it were is the same but the scenery can change. It's so strange, I don't know what to think about it. It's making me cry remembering it. The recurring part of these dreams is always that my mom is alive, and it's explicitly pointed out or I know that she died and has come back. No one else in the dream seems to care about that fact, but it usually disturbs me. I don't really interact with her in these dreams, I just see her or know she's back, and know that there is a miraculous reason for it. Sometimes she appears as she was at the end, dying of cancer. Sometimes she's like she was half a decade ago or earlier before it happened.

I've had other dreams about her, surely, but these 'resurrected from the dead' ones that keep happening are so weird.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I think she's just trying to tell you in a dream that the way you saw her last (with the cancer) isn't how she is now on the other side. She is more like she was before she was sick, as she shows in the other dreams. She's just letting you know she isn't really dead, because WE never really die, only our body does.

top topics

<< 314  315  316    318  319  320 >>

join