It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 300
<< 297  298  299    301  302  303 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread ! I will definitely try to read all pages.Strangely,I haven't experienced any paranormal activities for my 23 year existence.Nor I have any psychic abilities,and that makes me kind of mad...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

Here is another one of my experiences, probably the most mind-boggling of them all...

I had a ring setting that was made from Kentucky coal that my husband gave me (ex-husband now). He said it was one of a kind. About a year after we were divorced I lost the setting in the ring at a local club. Three months later my cousin and I went to a drive-in theater (this was in the mid 1970's). During intermission I went to the bathroom located inside the concession building . As I stood and looked up, there was something black dangling in mid-air in front of my face. I thought at first it was a spider hanging on a web, but then it fell to the concrete floor and made a noise, so I knew whatever it was, it was a solid object. As I knelt over getting a closer look, I realized this was the setting from my ring that I had lost three months prior in a totally different place! It was like it just materialized in front of my eyes, stayed there until I saw it, and fell at my feet. I picked it up and put it in my pocket. When I went back to the car my cousin asked me if I was okay because she said I was pale as a ghost. I told her what happened, and she was speechless! When I got home I placed the setting in my ring, put the ring away in my jewelry case, and I have never taken it out again since that day! Still don't know what to make out of this! Anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Oh, that's a good one. Freaky but Fabulous! I wish the inherited diamond ring my old roommate stole from me would come back like that.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I've had lots of OOB's and what I have come to call "Dream True" experiences. One of the first OOB's I had was many many years ago. I lived in a tri-level house with the owner on grnd floor neighbor on 2nd floor and I was on the top floor and a stairwell connected all three. I was practicing my daily meditation and suddenly I heard the door to the apartment below me open so I got up to see if it was my neighbor, Lois. As I went to open the door my hand went right through the door knob. Not expecting that, I had leaned forward and my arm went through the door. It startled me and I had to quickly catch my balance. Then, 'poof' I was back in my body. As I came out of my meditation, I was laughing out loud thinking, how cool is that? I couldn't wait to meditate again.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So here's a "Dream True" experience. I had moved back in with Mom, temporarily when I came back from the Virgin Islands. My brother, who had been an alcoholic for many years and had been in jail a number of times, had gotten a drunk driving ticket a week prior to this dream. He was at the apartment telling mom what the lawyer had said, that he would go to court and probably get a couple of weeks in the local jail for this ticket. I looked at him and said, "Oh no, that's wrong. I had a dream last night that you would do a whole lot more time than that....closer to two years. " He laughed and said, "Naaa, not gonna happen." I shook my head and said, "We'll see." A couple of weeks later he was calling mom telling her they were sending him to Prison for some other violations. He spent 21 months in prison. Next time I saw him he said, "Don't dream about me anymore." My poor mother, god rest her soul.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2jzgte
Thanks for the thread ! I will definitely try to read all pages.Strangely,I haven't experienced any paranormal activities for my 23 year existence.Nor I have any psychic abilities,and that makes me kind of mad...

Welcome to the thread, and ATS! I hope you enjoy reading all the experiences here.

Please come back and let us know what you think, or post feedback to anyone along your way.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sha33

Welcome to the thread, and ATS, Sha33.

It was a strange experience with the ring, for sure... one I will never forget.

Cool about your OOB, going through the wall.
Have you experienced it very often since then? Just imagine where you can travel! Go soaring through the sky like a plane, visit some places your always wanted to see, etc. Nice to travel and not have to pay for a ticket, huh?

The dream coming true is awesome. Seems you have some precognitive abilities. Does this happen often?

I've had a few dreams that came true. I never remembered them until it actually happened, then it was almost like experiencing Deja Vu.

Thanks for sharing with us.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Thanks for the welcome, Sled, I've had a couple dozen OOB's. One happened when I was staying at my mothers and I was laying in the bedroom meditating and the door was closed. I felt myself sit up and then walk to the door but I stood there looking at it, and realized that I couldn't open it. But I really wanted to, but it seemed that I didn't want anyone else to know I could get out of my body and I was concerned that someone would see me out of my body. So I turned around and -zap- I was back in again.

Another true dream: I dreamt that I was walking into this huge room and it seemed the floor was on three levels that stepped down to a main floor and there were tables and chairs everywhere. It was dark with some flashing lights. But it seemed like a fun place, not menacing or anything like that. It puzzled me the next morning. Then later that day a friend invited me out to have a few drinks. When I walked through the door of the night club...Bam! there it was. The three floors stepping down to the dance floor and stage exactly like my dream.

I could go on, but more recently it's been difficult. I've had Pluto squaring my Sun off and on for the last three or so years, so meditation has been nearly impossible. But there was a very strange moment last fall and this was a completely new experience. Not really psychic per se but...well, let's just say it's very difficult to describe. For many years I've felt that I have a guide around me. And in this one strange moment, I could 'feel' how it felt for my guide to be in my body. I know, it doesn't make sense. If you think about how a medium allows a spirit to use their body to give information to others, then imagine you could feel what the spirit feels when they are in your body. It was like that. It was only for a few seconds but it was very distinct. I've never had that happen before. But now that Pluto has finally moved away from that square to my Sun, meditation is improving so I'm sure more interesting experiences are to come. Meditation is the key to unlocking everything. But you can't force meditation like some of the youngsters try to do. Or so I've read on some of the pages here at ATS.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Interesting! I wonder what the significance of you seeing the club beforehand was? Maybe it was just your abilities to do so "playing around".
You say you have had several OBEs since the first time. Did you ever get the courage to venture outside your bedroom?

I can relate to how it must have felt to have your guide use your body: My second husband shared my body for several weeks after he was killed in a car crash. I can't even put into words what it was like, other than to say it was like having one foot in this 3rd dimension, and the other in another dimension where time did not exist. Very, very strange!!

I haven't had my guide possess me, but I've "felt" the emotions of my guide getting frustrated with me at times. I'm a Taurus, and I am very stubborn when I want something my own way. Sometimes my guide has to scream at me several times to make me do it their way.
Over time I have learned to listen, or face dire circumstances by not listening.

Thank you for answering my questions.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I just started on this thread (at page 3) and I think I should contribute one of my own stories, because I dont consider myself a becon of paranormal I have seen some weird S###. This one is one I have never told anyone about due to the possibility it would be considered a symptom of a mental health issue...

I was laying in bed one afternoon, when this blue orb materialised and fused with my mind, it was asking me strange questions but it wasnt letting me answer them, it was just reading my memory. This was happening so fast and I started shaking all over. I asked it who/what it was and it gave me the idea (communicated with ideas, not telepathically like I have experienced before) that is was an alien, I asked it why it was here and it gave me the idea it wanted meat... EEK!!

It convinced me that was not what it meant and that it wasnt going to eat me, and I gave it the directions to the local butcher. It again communicated that this was not what it wanted so I thought about the closest cows to my home (at the vet school at my university) and it was pleased with that and left.

I have not communicated with that entity again as far as I know.

I have more odd experiences, but I want to get back to reading the thread...

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The house I grew up in was haunted, our whole family knew this, even extended family that would stay over and some friends that knew us for a long time.

This ghost never did anything to terrorise us, and nobody actually ever saw him we only heard and smelled him; however we determined it was the father or grandfather of the previous owners. This was concluded by the rich tobacco smell that accompanied him. None of us smoked in the house we were never allowed to, because my mother being the only non smoker forbade it and threw tantrums whenever we did.... I digress

But his tobacco had a distinct smell, not like the styves me and my sister smoked and certainly not like the camel straights my dad smoked (and not like T&C violations tobacco either), it was more like pipe tobacco. It wasnt just in the house we could smell his tobacco, in the yard under the grapevine was another spot where it could be smelled.

Hearing him was the most common, he would walk down the hall from the bathroom and into the main part of the house, clear footsteps on the wooden floorboards could be heard.

Because of the previous owners failing to give their new address to their friends, family and officials, we often received mail from Italy for them, so we knew from corroborating the postmarks what town in northern Italy the family were from. Perhaps it was our own northern Italian ancestry that made him comfortable to share his home with, or maybe its just he was a laid back guy, but living for 20 odd years with a ghost meant that I wasnt sacred of them--then.

There were other odd things in that house, like what we said to be a "portal" in our laundry. The laundry was in the centre of the house, behind the kitchen and with no external walls, and only one door to enter it. We would often find small animals in the laundry: A bat, a few cats and kittens on different occasions (not ours or any of the neighbours that we could locate), a tame pet rat that we kept as a pet because it clearly was someone's pet and not just a normal brown rat, a rabbit. Aside from the rabbit and the bat which were black, the other animals were all black and white. I dont know if that is relevant. They were also all found in the sink, just sitting there not seeming to be particularly concerned they were in our laundry sink.

There was a couple of instances where there was "devil voice" coming out of my non turned on stereo, but old amps do that.

Things going missing and re-appearing in obvious places--like sitting on an empty dining table were regular occurrences and we were never sure if it was our ghost or something else (my mum said gnomes did the misplacing of objects, but she is a #ing idiot and the most insane of all of us). Honestly I had a lot of kleptomaniac friends so I would sometimes think it them responsible.

Just as I am writing this, I have had a strange realisation... I think my ghost my have followed us to this place. I often hear footsteps on the gravel out the front, slow shuffling old man steps. I thought it might have been the neighbour getting some air, but I went outside once to go see and there was nobody there or anywhere to be seen. These footsteps happen all times of the night any-time between sunrise and sunset. If it is him I wonder if he chose to follow us here or if it wasnt his choice... I'd do a lot to know that answer.

Im not going to post any-more now as to not flood the thread. I'm still in its early pages...

ETA: It once rained frogs on our street and I wanted to keep one as a pet in an old aquarium, it jumped out of the aquarium once and into the laundry and was never located again...
edit on 25-1-2015 by RifRAAF because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

LOL, I did finally venture outside the bedroom. Though I remained in the house. It was really late one night and mom had gone to bed. I had been reading in bed and fell asleep. The next thing I know I was walking through the living room, dining room and into the kitchen. The odd thing was that every few steps I felt like I had stepped into a hole. Then I looked down and I was floating about six inches off the floor. I laughed and thought, this is awesome. Then I heard a car door and went to look out the kitchen window. Just then a car pulled in with it's headlights flashing me in the eyes and -pow- I was back in my body. I have flown outside just once or twice but not to any place that I could identify. Then there have been dozen's of times I have found myself on the ceiling, even bumping my head a few times. I had one of those last month. I was at a party and walked into a library and just started to rise up to the ceiling. I love those and try to play with it while it's happening.

On the whole, most of the true dreams are pretty ho hum, insignificant situations, with the occasional precognitive insight.

I can relate to the guide frustration. Mine has to trick me into doing something I don't really want to do. But when I actually follow thru, it's always a pleasant surprise. I am always grateful for their presence and infinite patience with me. They also seemed to have developed quite the sense of humor.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ths is not really my paranormal experience, but I'm at the point of the thread that asks us for some personal details, and this event relates to my personal details...

Im 34, Leo, Australian born to an Italian-Australian mother and a British Jewish father... and Im Transgenderd (m2f).

So back when I was about 14, still a "boy" and certainly not at a place where I was even out, let along committed to transition. I was hanging out with some mates and they were telling us about their mums visit to a clairvoyant. Some of the things seemed pretty much beyond belief: One of her sons would have a drug overdose, and both would be caught in a stolen car; these were not likely outcomes for us at that age, and yet they eventuated within the next 3 years.

The clairvoyant mentioned both of her sons by name, and even all the names of our extended group of friends, with the exception of mine (being that I was close to them than some of the other named characters). She did say that one of the sons friends was going to transition, I now know this is why I was not mentioned by name.

Since that is only a stub, I'll include another event, this was around the same time and with both those dudes mentioned above. I think I posted this on a shadow person thread? so I wont go into too much detail.

The 3 of us were sitting on a log in a park next to the school in the early evening. We could see the shadow of a jogger coming up the street and even saw the jogger as he was running past the white wall of the school. But then he vanished!, like right in front of us and we all saw it and said the exact same thing WTF??

The jogger did look like a 1970's athlete, but in that part of town in the 1990's its not that much of a stretch to see someone in 70's jogging gear... but then to NOT see them.

So what next my NDE or my CE events?? (I know I posted my NDE in another thread but ??? dont know which one)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Thank you for coming back to answer, Sha33.
Sorry I can't give a descent reply; I overslept and have to get ready for work. I just sat down here to eat a bite and visit my thread while I do so.

I really appreciate your contribution to the thread.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Welcome to the thread, RifRaaf.

As I stated above, I'm in a rush right now to get ready for work. I'll try to respond with a reply to both your posts when time allows. I hope others will offer some feedback as well.

So what next my NDE or my CE events??

Why not tell us both?
I love hearing about people's NDEs, so start with that one.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I just love this thread! Keep the experiences coming!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have had a lifetime of such experiences:

1. grew up in haunted house in Ct, numerous events, mixed
2. bought a haunted house in Ct, numerous events, not bad
3. bought a haunted house in Maine, numerous events... bad... 1st 2 weeks I was in town I was told by 2 different people "Oh, you bought that haunted house"... it had a well known rep
4. numerous premonitions, prophetic dreams 50% have come to pass, hope I don't live to see some others... some occured within a couple of weeks, one striking prophetic dream was realized 15years after the dream...
5. at 17 a disembodied vice said "put your seatbelt on" just before my friend hit a telephone pole
6. numerous ufo sightings, some were just balls of light, one classic saucer, others
7. 2 known lost-time incidents (1 abt age 12, one abt age 18)
8. 2 night-terror attacks

there is more but that's enough for now

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Okay so there is no way to prove this....

Today, on FB (the evil one) I received a post. It was shared from my Sister in Law who died a few weeks ago.
When it shared I just happened to be on my husband's page. We were doing some online trading. Anyway, it came and at the exact moment the desk lamp began to flicker, then the overhead with the ceiling fan did the same thing. It popped though as well. I called for my husband and he came and sat on the bed. I shared the post back to her page, and the ceiling fan light flickered again and he felt chills and got cold all over his body. I had sent her a PM after she died saying when she got settled in to let me know.
Now, we don't believe that people go on FB after they die but, she was sort of a recluse and it was the way she communicated with folks. I wonder if the electricity theory and all isn't somewhat valid....anyway I believe it was her...

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: downwind

Wow, sounds like you're pretty inured to lots of freakiness going on around you. I haven't seen any ghosts but I'm not too sure I could deal with any 'in the dark' type stuff. I'm a complete woos that way.

I hate to hear how some folks have had such negative dark experiences. I'm so grateful that my experiences have all been positive.

I once had a prophetic dream come true five years later. But thats another story for later.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I'll bet it was her also. Spirits do have a way with electrical energy. She was letting you know she was around and watching over you. How wonderful is that?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have posted about my NDE on at least one thread here in paranormal, I dont know which one (and it might have been my old account that I lost the pword to). The NDE happened in 2008 after a drug overdose, I posted this short account elsewhere online more recently:

Out from the darkness a baboon approaches, its fur an emerald green; Their left hand holding scales made of gold, a beating heart--my heart being weighed. I knew who this was, I knew where I was; neither Kansas not Oz. A second figure approached from my right, not as easily recognisable, but I knew it was one of two possibilities. The second figure spoke, the words unintelligible; the sound coming from their beak was both infrasonic and ultrasonic, and every hertizian frequency in between. Tho I could not decipher the dialect, I knew what was said, the words spoken directly to my soul. The third figure made their presence known, having been present the whole time. I was given a question, I was given a directive, I was given an ultimatum and a time-line; these sentence handed down was "life". Then a fourth figure, this one is recognisably human, yet larger than life; unrecognisable to me, they appear silhouetted in the darkness; they bring me back to this non-dreaming boodjar. The opposite of resting in peace if remaining active in conflict.

For those familiar with Egyptian mythology, this "procession of the dead" is documented in a number of books, tombs and now even on da interntez. Thoth (the baboon) is the weigh-er of souls, the other 2 figures Ra and Osiris?.

Its early afternoon here, and I have a few things to do so I know I'm skipping a lot of details on this, but I will answer most questions regarding this.

Now my CE (close encounter) events are much more recent, but before I get into them I want to post about a few UFO sightings, as it helps set the scene. My first UFO sighting was around the age of 2 or 3 (im thinking more 3) when we were travelling sown south to my parents friends farm. It was night, my mum and sister were in the back of the van asleep, my dad was driving and I was in the passenger seat. I saw this kind of bell shaped object that had 3? red lights on the rim, and was beaming a long blue beam down to the ground (similar to helicopter search lights). I was still really young and I thought it was a lighthouse because the bell and beam made a similar shape to lighthouses and I knew what they were, I dont think I knew what UFO's were then.

I asked my dad if that was a lighthouse but he didnt hear me, which was odd because there was no radio on and it was an empty country road in th middle of the night. Hindsight suggests there might have been a time freeze, but I cant say for certain.

My second UFO sightind was a daytime group sighting, and happened not long after the first. I knew what UFO's where when this happened because... well this happened at kindergarden, we were all out playing in the court yard and across the river at the racecourse there was this UFO that landed. Just about everyone of the kids saw it and at least one adult as far as I can remember (it was 30 years ago). One of the kids said it was a "rice bubble", this made me a little annoyed and I said "its a UFO you idiot!" and got into trouble by the adult present.

For years I have dismissed that incident as a fake UFO used in some sort of promotion, but thats me discounting that we all saw it land.

Other UFO's I saw were mainly distant, mainly at night and mainly outside of the city... the last one I saw was a precursor to me actually interacting one-on-one with sentient beings. It was also dreamed about a week prior to happening. The dream I was outside my house and I saw a water-bomber helicopter tethering a large water container that for some reason was sporting carnival lights, I turned to a neighbour who was also outside watching this and said "thats weird, whats with the lights", my neighbour said
"its Aliens, cant you tell they are trying to hide in plain sight--who else would put those lights on that thing? Do you see any bushfires?"...

The actual sighting happened on either a Friday or Saturday night around 9-10pm, I had the blinds on my kitchen window open and in the small space of sky above the tree-line, at the exact spot and bearing in my previous dream, an object with flashing blue and red lights flew across the sky... My first thought was "police car? pigs fly?" but I could not reconcile a flying police car to what I just saw. It was not long after that I met some, what I think are Aliens...

top topics

<< 297  298  299    301  302  303 >>

join