It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 285
<< 282  283  284    286  287  288 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
originally posted by: darcat1530
a reply to: imalitehaus

Hi, I just joined because I was trying to find out what the source of the loudest roaring I have ever heard other than steam blows at a power plant that I was in at the time. Then I stumbled on this thread about thre paranormal. I thought I must be the only person to have been exposed to a life full of these events that I have lived through. I don't care who laughs or says I am nuts because I lived it and most was witnessed by others. I have seen furniture ( a fully loaded bedroom chest of drawers) thrown from one wall to the other shattering a stereo system that was on top of it. My dog wouldn't go in that room and would stand in the hall and growl at the door.

One night under my wife and my bed the sound of two iron pipes being banged together in a ear splitting way sent me outside looking under the house to find nothing. The local sheriff came to our house twice because 911 was being called from our phone. We didn't do it. I was alone late at night while my wife was working nights at a local hospital. I know I didn't call 911.

So glad you found this thread, and decided to post your experiences!
Maybe we can help you understand what's happening. If not, at least you are in good company here with others who have experienced high paranormal activity.

The roaring could have been a UFO over your house. Sometimes they don't make noise, other times they do. Or, the noise and the pipes banging could be coming from underground where "certain people" are digging tunnels, getting ready to go underground when "the shi* hits the fan" up here. I've been reading a lot about these tunnels being built all over, or should I say under, the world.
As to who called 911, it could have been another spirit in your house who felt you were in danger. When you have an evil spirit living with you, you usually also have another good spirit there who tries to help fight it; a deceased family member, spirit guide, guardian angel, or all three.

That one spirit sounds like it's very powerful! And it sounds PISSED!!
It could be a former owner who doesn't like having "strangers" in his/her house, or maybe it doesn't like the way the furniture was arranged. It wants the dresser where the stereo was sitting. LOL Or maybe it doesn't like the music that comes from the stereo so it decided to smash it.
Or maybe it just wanted to scare the living daylights out of you to get a "fear reaction" from you. They feed on fear.

Animals are very sensitive to the spirit world. If he wouldn't enter, it's because he sensed the presence in there.

Another house had constant footsteps and knocks on the walls. A decorative wall hanging did the impossible as I returned from the bathroom. I heard something fall on the floor in front of me. I turned on the hall light to see a candle on the floor and the metal fixture was turning upside down dumping a thin glass globe which held the candle. The globe fell to the hardwood floor and bounced without breaking. The candle had to have jumped out before the globe fell. The metal, golden colored wall decoration, sconce?? turned itself back upright. I returned the pieces. In the morning upon inspection I found the sconce had a bolt through it making it impossible to be moved at all.
My grand daughter came to me one afternoon and said " Pawpaw, can a guitar play itself?" I said no, and she said yours just did!
Another time I entered the living room to hear a loud thumping only to see what looked like something trapped inside the bottom section of our couch was trying to beat it's way out. The back part of that house was a nursing home at one time.

The footsteps could be residual energy, but the knocks on the walls tells me it wasn't. If that's all that happened, I would say it was just a former resident that was trying to get your attention. And it sounds like they knew how to play the guitar.
No harm, no foul.
It was probably one of the old people from the nursing home just trying to get someone to notice them. I always feel sorry for trapped spirits. I hope they find their way "home" soon.
The couch could have another trapped spirit in it, or it could be poltergeist activity.

There are many more happenings that I could share and if there is interest I will.

Yes, please share anything else you have experienced. It may help someone else here to realize they are not alone in what they experienced.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctophil

As for the Bible, it has about 7 layers of meanings for every verse and combination of verses. If your mind and heart don't raise in consciousness, you will never get the full meaning of any spiritual scripture, including the Bible. That's why most people understand only the first layer, which is the literal interpretation. As you go deeper and higher in Spirit (meaning you are closer and becoming ONE with God), then you will have more profound and mystical understandings and wisdom from reading the Bible. The same applies for other scriptures such as the Bhagavad Gita, Quran, and especially The Zohar.

As always, you have clarified something that has been on my mind. I'd read the Bible through four times before, but not until this time has so many things been so clear. That is, it seems clearer to me... maybe the tenth time I read through it will be radically different again!

It's amazing how things have changed... I don't remember even reading some things, like at the moment of Jesus' crucifixion, the earthquakes caused the bodies of the saints to leave their graves and venture into surrounding towns, where they were seen by many people (paraphrasing, of course).

When you mentioned several layers of understanding, I was nodding and grinning, saying, 'That's it, that's why!" So much mysticism this time through. Also, when I read anything I see the scene, hear the voices, etc. of whatever I'm reading. When reading the Bible, I always heard Jesus' voice as somber, and I never once imagined him smiling. Now it's almost as if I can see the twinkle in his eye as he "gets one over" on the Pharisees and scribes.

On a sidenote, I chose the word Scribe a long time ago due to the fact they they write things down, keep chronicles of things, and I am definitely a writer. I didn't realize until this way through the Bible just how mean most of the scribes were. I did read that one was near the kingdom of God (in a discussion between Jesus and a scribe). I actually was drawing on the notion of Egyptian scribes when I chose that name.

I may head on over to the Religion side of things and start a thread... I keep worrying that I may be "hijacking" Sled's thread if I keep talking about this here. I mean yeah, it's paranormal to me, but a lot may not see it that way. Between bodies rising from graves, reincarnation, and "hearing a voice behind you" whispering to you to guide you, the Bible is becoming more "paranormal" to me every day.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Scribe611

If you make your own thread, put it in the metaphysical forum. Hardly no one goes to the spiritual forum. And be sure to post a link to your thread here so we don't miss it.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scribe611
As always, you have clarified something that has been on my mind. I'd read the Bible through four times before, but not until this time has so many things been so clear. That is, it seems clearer to me... maybe the tenth time I read through it will be radically different again!

It's amazing how things have changed... I don't remember even reading some things, like at the moment of Jesus' crucifixion, the earthquakes caused the bodies of the saints to leave their graves and venture into surrounding towns, where they were seen by many people (paraphrasing, of course).

When you mentioned several layers of understanding, I was nodding and grinning, saying, 'That's it, that's why!" So much mysticism this time through. Also, when I read anything I see the scene, hear the voices, etc. of whatever I'm reading. When reading the Bible, I always heard Jesus' voice as somber, and I never once imagined him smiling. Now it's almost as if I can see the twinkle in his eye as he "gets one over" on the Pharisees and scribes.

On a sidenote, I chose the word Scribe a long time ago due to the fact they they write things down, keep chronicles of things, and I am definitely a writer. I didn't realize until this way through the Bible just how mean most of the scribes were. I did read that one was near the kingdom of God (in a discussion between Jesus and a scribe). I actually was drawing on the notion of Egyptian scribes when I chose that name.

I may head on over to the Religion side of things and start a thread... I keep worrying that I may be "hijacking" Sled's thread if I keep talking about this here. I mean yeah, it's paranormal to me, but a lot may not see it that way. Between bodies rising from graves, reincarnation, and "hearing a voice behind you" whispering to you to guide you, the Bible is becoming more "paranormal" to me every day.

Namaste, my Sister. I AM another you. You are another me. It is much pleasure to see my Family member raise their understanding and going beyond, beyond their own wisdom and knowledge. I can't emphasize enough the importance of continuing to Flow with the River of Life. The River keeps flowing and will not wait for you. Don't get left behind and keep Flowing with it even until the End of the Age.

There are never-ending waves of wisdom just waiting for you to learn and contemplate. There are still more layers to the Bible for you to unlock. Eventually, you will feel, hear, and see the more esoteric wisdom that Master Jesus and the entire Old Testament will give you. I recommend that you purchase a copy of the Nag Hammadi scriptures. You can get it on Amazon.com They are very ancient texts that supplement your Bible reading. Pay special attention to the Gospel of Thomas and the Sophia of Jesus Christ. These are also known as the Gnostic (Gnosis--To Know) Scriptures, written by the Essenes. The Essenes were a group of people who raised the Master Jesus and taught him his basic knowledge of the Kingdom. They wrote many of the books in the New Testament plus many more but never included in the original Bible, including the Dead Sea Scrolls. Be forewarned though, the Gnostic Scriptures are advanced teachings. It takes decades for some to understand even the first layer of the verses. But they will indeed advance you quicker into the true teachings of the Master Jesus and his disciples. If you read my posts throughout ATS, you will see glimpses of the same teachings, for the Master Jesus is ONE with me.

Scribes were extremely important throughout history, especially Egypt. Why Egypt? Because it was one of the main nations in the world that has the ancient knowledge of our ancestors from places like Atlantis. Master Thoth from Egypt was the country's most well-respected Scribe. He later was called Master Hermes in Greece when he was the Scribe there as well. It was the same person who was immortal. But that is a story for another time.

What people perceive in this world that is Paranormal is actually Normal to a Master like Jesus and to myself. Because floating off the ground when walking, seeing the past and future through the 3rd Eye, manipulating the environment without touching things, changing the weather at will, and even walking on water are all Normal things to a person who has Mastered Reality. The Bible teaches all these things, which are exactly that... Paranormal to the average Earthling. So it's okay to occasionally speak of Spiritual Matters, for it is Paranormal to the untrained Mind.

edit on 9/22/2014 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
a reply to: Scribe611

If you make your own thread, put it in the metaphysical forum. Hardly no one goes to the spiritual forum. And be sure to post a link to your thread here so we don't miss it.

I wanted to correct this, but the time window had expired. Why does it have a time limit on it anyway?!

Anyway, that should have read, "Hardly ANYONE". To say hardly no one would mean everyone flocks to that forum. LOL

Thank you for another informative post to Scribe, Ctophil.
I have several books on the Gnostic teachings, and also many by Sylvia Browne, who taught the Gnostic beliefs in the church she started. I have the lost books of the Bible, and another one on that topic that I forget the name of, but they are all really good.

I'll look for the Nag Hammadi scriptures to add to my collection.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Join us tonight on the Into The Fringe radio.
Member, Mackey88, will be joining us to discuss his experiences in this thread and his other thread.

Radio link page: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tonight's Topics

Into The Fringe enjoys showcasing the interesting experiences of ATS members. Such as Mackey88's paranormal experiences found Sled735's thread - Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience

Mackey88 also has a thought provoking thread in the ATS Skunkworks forum Has anyone expeirenced a medical procedure while abducted? that recounts an abduction experience he recalls vividly.

DilligafMisfit will be touching upon Project Rainbow - more commonly known as 'The Philadelphia Experiment' and the official Navy record of what happened on the USS Eldridge is in striking contrast to the lore and mystery surrounding this experiment. Read more about the incident in this thread classic The Philadelphia Project, U.S.S. Eldridge and Project Rainbow

A review of the new release Mirage Men. Though the movie was removed from site offering the movie, IrishCream will still be giving us a review and letting us know if it's worth seeking out to watch.

Break

When we dream, do we share those dreams with those around us? Scientists seem to think it just might be possible. Join us in the second hour as Nephratari discusses her thread posted in the Philosophy & Metaphysical Forum called What are your thoughts and experiences with Dream Telepathy? Has Science proven this real?

Near Death Experience is an occurrence several people, who die for several minutes and then are resuscitated, experience. Nugget1 brings this topic to the table and asks the question - is this experience new?

Hope you will listen in, and if you have anything to add, give us a call.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the support Sled! Just talking about this paranormal stuff without liquid courage is nerve-racking. I'm really glad you started this thread.

I wanted to share a story about when I was a little kid. I think I was about 3yrs old. My mom had put me down for a nap in the afternoon. The sun was shining through my window and onto the bed.

I remember waking up, and there was a talk Nordic looking man in my room. He was Nordic looking, but had a dark colored trench coat looking robe. He was so tall, he head was touching the ceiling. He was talking to me, when I was waking up.

I remember sitting up, not scared or frightened. I was thinking "wow, his head is touching the ceiling", but I was 3yrs old, so I wasn't actually thinking that, more like looking at this person in my room, and looking at him in a childlike wonderment kind of way.

Anyways, this man had a giant black box. I remember him extending his arms out and it was close to my face. The box had what looked like 120v electrical outlets, with blinking lights, and it looked like a modern cable modem. It was flat black, metallic, and I actually touched it. It had a heat signature coming off of it. The outer layer, on top of the box, kind of de=materialized, and I could see inside this box. It had what looked like copper colored wires, in bundles, and they were moving. Not really moving, but more like flowing. They were spinning around and around, but fluid like and they retained there shape and form. It was like looking at a cutaway video of the inside of a car engine, like you see on the Valvoline commercials. How you can see inside the engine, and see the pistons and cam shaft moving, with the oil flowing around it. This was very similar to that, but instead of a piston, it was strands of copper looking wires.

This Nordic man, then told me, either verbally or telepathically, " You don't know what this is, yet, but its very important you remember. The next time you see this, you will be a grown man, and you will understand perfectly what it is at that time." Then I remember a buzzing in my head, that made my head itch. I think like the blueprints were downloaded into my memory. This happened 40yrs ago, and I remember it vividly. I can still see the interworking's of this machine, and I could probably work on it or fix it. The crazy thing is, I still have never seen anything like it to this day.

I just saw on CNN yesterday a short clip about the 3-D printer. The printer was printing the CNN logo. And some thing about the way it was moving, made that pop into my memory about the box and the Nordic man in my room.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mackey88

Maybe you are supposed to invent this machine for mankind, or remember how it works so you can explain it when "they" leave it behind to be discovered. Or, maybe it is just supposed to spark a memory like you just had when you see this type of machine being built by humans; like an awakening, memories start flowing into your mind that you had forgotten concerning your mission here.

I don't know what else to say about that, except to say it was just a dream, but somehow I doubt a three year old child would be having dreams of technology so advanced, or of big tall Nordics.

Thank you for sharing with us Mackey. If you have any more stories to share, please don't be a stranger.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I don't know.
Maybe it's "If you look for it, you'll find it."
Maybe it's someone that keeps the thread rolling..
Maybe some experiences given here are accurate. Without speculation and/or imagination fed into them.
It's my own Personal opinion that most if not all (even the odd things I related) things can be attributed to existence -- the workings of the world, life (what ever you prefer to call it), different perspective, ..............blah blah etc.
Yes, in this thread at the encouragement of OP I shared odd, weird things that I experienced .

I don't know what they are or what caused them (brain chemistry from entertaining guise) two people with crazy open minds talking late and then maybe having similar dreams out in the woods camping.......
(I guess just saying ---just because something may seem odd at the time, doesn't mean it is "otherworldly)...it just may be YR BraIN

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

I don't know either.

But I think this has something to do with what I was referring to.......

mathbf F + mathbf[u] frac[mathrm[d] m][mathrm[d]t] = m [mathrm[d] mathbf v over mathrm[d]t] (just another way of saying Newtons second law)

But this doesn't take into account Galilean invariance or Galilean relativity. This machine I was looking at was producing heat, and that was the one piece of the puzzle that I need to move forward into another area of study. It ruled out one thing, but lead me to something else.

I understand your post though. The brain is truly an amazing thing.

edit on 26-9-2014 by mackey88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

Well, well, well, if it isn't Chamber.
Where have you been hiding?
Good to see you are still lurking around out there in the dark. Thanks for stopping in.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

When you start discussing the law of relativity, I'm afraid I can't join in; I don't know much about it.
But what you said sounded good.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

LOL.... I live near Ga Tech and Emory, and I've had coffee with some fellas that are brilliant, and not soon after, the conversations have gone WAY ABOVE MY HEAD. I've got some great informal teachers that can answer any and all of the questions I have.

I'm not a math or physics major by any means, but I understand some stuff.

I understand a lot of posts, on the surface, seem like an 8th grade creative writing fiction class. But, there are people out here that will surprise you.

I've pretty much been a fisherman and hunter my whole life, being as I'm from Georgia, and I've heard some tall tales in my life time. And believe me, some of the stuff I've heard around a campfire with 10 guys at a hunting camp, after the first 12 pack of Budweiser beer is gone, the "stuff" you hear gets deep, pretty quick.

From my experience in the woods, the deer stand is not where you see the "biggest deer you've ever seen".... The biggest deer I've ever seen was off the railroad tracks, almost in downtown Atlanta. It appeared, and then disappeared. You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

But from that experience, I believe a lot of "stories", have a bit of "TRUTH".

What does this have to do with "Paranormal" things? Not much, other than I've experienced things that were not explainable.

I've been reading and posting on ATS less than 30 days. Your thread was one of the first I stumble upon, and it sucked me in the first 20 minutes of reading it. I was looking for like minded story's and I found it here. None of this make and logical sense to me, but, I kind of believe everything. It's interesting. It's fascinating. It's supernatural. Can any of it be "proven".....

Not yet.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

It's a double edged sword though. Understanding the mystique.

When science can explain mysterious and anomalous experiences and stories - the magic and the mystery is gone. I think there is something beautiful and wonderful about the mystery of the paranormal. I wonder if humanity will be less for it, once it's been all figured out and labeled and explained. That is, if it's for us to ever discover - in the first place. Science ignores it like the plague, so perhaps there is some idea as to it's origin already, and they just don't want to deal with the ramifications of explaining it to the ignorant.

CdT

edit on 27-9-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: editing

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Well, I'm glad my thread drew you in.

Your contributions of your own stories are right up there with the best of them.

I hope you will keep coming back, even if you run out of your own stories, you can still offer feedback to other members.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Good to see you on the thread, Cirque.

I hope you are enjoying reading the stories here. Some really, really fascinating stories all throughout this thread. Finding the time to read through it all is a time-consumer, but well worth it to anyone who loves reading the paranormal. And being that these are supposedly true makes it that much more intriguing.

Thank you for your feedback.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Hey Cirque!

I don't think you have anything to worry about, as far as the "mystery of it all" is concerned. And this belief is from the conversations I've had with students, who are the future scientist, physicist, and mathematicians of the world. I also live near and have had conversations with theologians, and men of the cloth. Its very interesting.

The universe is so vast and so enormous, that we here on earth have just reached a level of scientific knowledge and psychological awareness that I think the "future" of all this will just expand hyperbolically in the future.

I think humankind is at the end of its infant stage, and that we as a collective group have been given the "tool set" to move forward in a new, uncharted direction. The knowledge of past generations is cumulative, and this knowledge, coupled with technology is only increasing the pace that humans of all race, colors, and creeds, will move forward into, at the present, unknown and uncharted territories.

I think the really interesting stuff is about to come. Like we, as human, beings, are like on the cusp. The cusp of knowledge that has yet to be seen on earth.

I think sites like ATS, are kind of like elementary school. Knowledge. and more importantly, IDEAS, are more free flowing than ever. This free flowing information is just the beginning.

The shift of knowledge, is affecting mankind as we speak and communicate, and its hard to see the transformation when you and me are living in the middle of it. Its a gradual process, kind of like watching a thunderstorm move in. All of a sudden, you have thunderclaps banging all around. But you didn't see the gradual shift just before the "storm"....

No mam, I think its just beginning. This is just my humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I know you weren't addressing your post to me, but I would like to add that I have been reading some sites that have channeled messages from "above" that say we are going to experience something in Oct., then a major event of visitation next year.

I feel a little anxious about this. It's almost like I feel something stirring inside me... something is about to happen on a major scale!
I'm afraid to get my hopes up because I've been let down so many times; but they did explain why they couldn't come when they said they would in the past, so guess I'll sit back and see what happens this time.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

The friends from above have been here FOR EVER Sled....

And, honestly, I don't think there is any thing to 'worry' about.

Just look at the Pyramids in Egypt, the stone blocks in Puma Punku, and mouments in South America, and the "calendars" world wide that are so similar...

I've studied Art History, and spaceships have been depicted in artwork for hundreds of years......

Our "leaders" are afraid of "US" finding out the truth of what has been going on for ever and ever.....

Humans are being guide, pushed, morphed, and prodded, into a new direction.... This collective movement can not be stopped. No more than a landslide can be stopped. Critical mass is fast approaching, the collective knowledge is quickening, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

It's like when the whole world thought the world was FLAT.... Then the world all at once realized it was round.....

Its happening as we speak, right now SLED, things are changing.... It can not be stopped.

I fear that it will cause major disruption between humans, like war, and anarchy, but all my fear of the unknown, can not stop what will happen. Its a fool errand to try to think other wise.

More than likely, humans will adjust. Humans normally adjust to crazy, unusual, bizarre, supernatural circumstances. Human beings are smart, crafty, and adaptable. It might be worse or less worse than we expect or expected.
The shift is happening, and will not stop.

The knowledge is out there, and building steam, and the future is roaring ahead, with or with out our approval.....

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I just wanted to add, not sure why, but, I love all things that are "human".... I love thunderstoms, I love walking in the woods, I love drinking beer from Mendocino Brewing Company, I love laughing, I love crying, I love feeling defeated, I love not having "enough", I love the feeling of eating a well cooking Porterhouse Steak, l love driving a European sports car, and love driving an American 4x4 truck. I love saying the pledge of allegiance at a ball game and drinking luke warm beer out of a plastic cup... I love being pissed off in traffic.. I love not liking what others have to say that challenge what I'm thinking or feeling... I love life.

I love all of it. The good, The Bad, and the Ugly. It's all interesting. Its all bizzare. Its all scary. Its all mean and heartbreaking. Its all EVIL... Its all GOOD... Its ALL LIFE.....

And, its all confusing... None of it makes sense... But that's the beauty..... I'm ok with it all, and anyone and everything about this beautiful experiment, the insanity of it all, makes me enjoy it all on a level I cant explain.

I want to think I'm ready for anything and everything.... but I'm still scared of the unknown..

top topics

<< 282  283  284    286  287  288 >>

join