It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 264
<< 261  262  263    265  266  267 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Sadly no, that's whats so disappointing. As I told her to take a pic because it was so clear the impression made the whole room shifted and a huge burst of wind came through. It wasn't a windy night nor is my window ever fully opened. I would say what was notable was the overall feel of the room when it happened. We both felt if someone or thing was aware of our presence.
Pictures and evidence are great but nothing can equate to an overall experience.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kodasaufa

Absolutely, I agree. Pics are good, but the skeptics will still find some way to debunk it to suit their fragile mind. Experience leaves one with NO DOUBT.

I've experienced so many different types of paranormal events, I'm sure everyone here (on ATS) thinks I'm some kind of nut job that needs to be in a padded cell.
Oh well...
to them.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Experience leaves one with NO DOUBT.

That is a fact, and why I rely on my own experiences to help me kind of figure other peoples.
I think a lot of us who have had these experiences do that.

You can read all of the books you want, but in the end, if you don't experience it, you will always have doubts.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kodasaufa
a reply to: Darkblade71

The difference between Knowledge and Wisdom is that Knowledge only knows about references and Windom has experienced said references.

I love this quote. I used to say I had knowledge of this or that because I had experienced it myself, but now I can also say I've gained a lot of wisdom because I've experienced it myself! Now is the time for me to get busy and pass this along to those willing to listen and explore things on their own.

Which is also one reason I think Sled was led to begin this thread on ATS. We all needed it now, this great buffet of experiences being shared.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

I have always been open to it being military and just some kick butt tech that we (the public) are not aware of.

Here's a big "BUT" for you, Darkblade71... LOL! BUT whose technology was it in the skies during the 1500s when the battles took place over Europe? The old engravings used to depict these battles show several shapes of aircraft. One of my favorite alternate points of view... no slight intended, just throwing it out there for someone to chew on!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Scribe611

I don't doubt that we have been and might still be being visited.

Personally, I think we were genetically altered some time ago.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scribe611

originally posted by: kodasaufa

The difference between Knowledge and Wisdom is that Knowledge only knows about references and Windom has experienced said references.

I love this quote. I used to say I had knowledge of this or that because I had experienced it myself, but now I can also say I've gained a lot of wisdom because I've experienced it myself! Now is the time for me to get busy and pass this along to those willing to listen and explore things on their own.

Which is also one reason I think Sled was led to begin this thread on ATS. We all needed it now, this great buffet of experiences being shared.

Scribe!!!! It's so good to see you posting here again!

I always get excited when I see some of the members from the beginning of this thread pop on from time to time. Let's me know you guys still find the thread of interest.

You're right: this thread offers a great buffet of experiences, for sure! I have to agree with many members that this is the best paranormal site/thread I've ever come across, thanks to all who have shared here.

Don't be a stranger, you hear?!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
We had the memorial service for my family member this afternoon. I took two pictures of the photo collage, and was about to take more pictures of people sitting around in the living room, but my batteries went dead.
I had just charged my camera recently, so that shouldn't have happened. We all said, "Hello __________," almost at the same time.

Everyone knew it was him that drained the batteries.
I wished he would have let me take a picture; I may have caught his "ghost" on film.

Later, a lady was talking about how __________ used to rub her belly when she was pregnant. As soon as she said that, all the lights in the house went off an on at the same time.

His son said he talked to him again last night. He told his son not to be sad; he is with family on the other side and he is okay.
Later, his son said he sensed him sitting right there between my daughter and me in the living room.

Yep, he was there with us; I felt him too (and it was cold in the living room the entire time we were there). I'm glad he did something to validate his presence for the others who aren't as sensitive as a few of us.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Popping in to say welcome to all the new members posting, and some of the old ones visiting again. HELLO! I'm enjoying the stories. Keep them coming!

Sled, I'm sorry for your loss. As I said in your new thread, I hope hearing from your family member will bring you the healing you need.

As for all the communication from your loved one, that is really wild! I hope to be so fortunate when the time comes for me to say good-bye to some of my family. They are getting really old, so I know it could happen any time.
Your thread www.abovetopsecret.com... will help me deal with it better when the time comes. I thank you for that!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mindless1980

Hello Mindless. Good to see you again.

You're welcome. I'm happy that you will find comfort in the information shared in the thread when the time comes.
Although we think we may be prepared, when it happens, we realize we aren't prepared at all.

Death, losing a loved one, calls for a grieving process. This allows us to get rid of energies that can pull us down until we release them. Sometimes people feel guilty if they laugh, or show happiness after losing someone. That is not how it should be... but that's a different topic, so I'll stop here.

Thanks for coming back to see us.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Sorry to hear about the loss of your family member Sled. I've been lurking and following this thread but really have nothing new to add. The spirits in my house have been behaving. I haven't been trying to cummunicate with them though. I'm not even sure if they are still around. Sometimes I wonder if spirits could simply be other living people going on an astral trip but interacting with the physical world in small ways. One of these days I might try experimenting with dreams where I travel and see if I can change anything. I'll need more free time and no stress.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: orionthehunter

Sorry to hear about the loss of your family member Sled. I've been lurking and following this thread but really have nothing new to add. The spirits in my house have been behaving. I haven't been trying to cummunicate with them though. I'm not even sure if they are still around. Sometimes I wonder if spirits could simply be other living people going on an astral trip but interacting with the physical world in small ways. One of these days I might try experimenting with dreams where I travel and see if I can change anything. I'll need more free time and no stress.

I agree that astral visits could explain some of the "spirit" encounters we have, but not all. A few weeks ago I was drifting off when I thought I heard a woman say my name. Immediately after, I recognized a friend of mine's voice saying, "Lindsey!" or "Mimsy!" I wasn't sure which. Then this friend said my name slowly, like she was trying to wake me. I called her name mentally (like I was hearing all of this, and with my eyes still closed), and everything stopped. I was too awake then.

The thing that gets me is the manipulation of electricity. If we can do it astrally, it follows that we would have to be able to do it in our normal physical existence as well. Unless there is a whole new set of skills that are out there waiting for us to master when we learn to travel astrally, which is not entirely out of the realm of possibility, I suppose.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Scribe611

I'm curious. What do mean by manipulation of electricity? I occassionally build up electric charges at odd times and never know when I'm going to get zapped or shock someone. I haven't figured out how I build up charges. Fortunately the last several months I've been mostly shock free.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

I may be wrong, and Scribe can correct me if I am, but what I get from that is when ghosts use electricity to gain energy. This is when lights flicker, or they communicate through electronic devices, using the electrical charge inside it.

She is saying if some of the visits we get are from people doing astral traveling that are affecting the lights/electrical devices, then we should also be able to do it in our physical bodies. It think that's what she means.

Maybe you are doing this without realizing how to control it in your physical body.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I may be wrong, and Scribe can correct me if I am, but what I get from that is when ghosts use electricity to gain energy. This is when lights flicker, or they communicate through electronic devices, using the electrical charge inside it.

It could be that and other factors. I had a thought while reading, about opening connections. I think it might also be possible that when you open a connection to either a spirit or another human being, or something opens a connection with you, it causes a flux in the energy while the "portal" is opening. I have seen one open with my own eyes once, and I would think that they cause some sort of energy burst or drain, maybe comparable to a very small EMP or breathing in a breath of air (electrical absorption).

It could go either way I would think depending on if you are opening it, or whichever side of the portal you are on.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
well as I understood it was there are a couple types of energy (prolly more) potential and kinetic.

if say a spirit etc was draining energy from a battery (potential) or possibly an outlet source which they could use or save, it seems they have figured out how to convert between or use either ac or dc.

As beings we put off electromagnetism and where ever there is electricity there is magnetism, well why not where their is magnetism there is electricity.

I guess what I am trying to say is how do they manipulate, store, use, drain different forms of energy without being physically grounded?

edit on 29-7-2014 by kodasaufa because: ...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

You got me.

I have no idea. I can only go on what I have experienced and what my own intuitive process tells me.
It is all theory.

I have never experienced energy drains on batteries, although I have had computers lock up during some experiences.
A lot depends on what type of experience it is. I've been fortunate enough to experience hauntings as well as my own communication with spirit and spirits and they seem to come from two totally different areas of the paranormal spectrum.

It is all interesting, and I love trying to figure out the "mechanics" of what I have experienced.

There does seem to be some manipulation of energy fields with some encounters. I think that is part of how communication develops. Magnetic fields seem to inter-mesh. I have also experienced the personal drain that such encounters when one initiates them seems to trigger. I was never sure why I would feel so exhausted after things like readings,although I have been told it is because of not properly grounding.

I have way more questions about these things than answers....

lol

edit on 29-7-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have experienced different paranormal experiences since childhood,ghosts,greys (aliens),possibly fairies (sounds ridiculous i know but i don't know how else i could describe what we saw,angels,shadow people and shadow spiders.It's weird since my sister and I are the only ones out of all our family (4 brothers and 1 sister and parents) who ever experienced anything paranormal for the last 12 years, though she has experienced more paranormal things than I have such as the black hound/dog,which she says she saw outside in our front yard in the middle of the night while I was sleeping, we actually experienced a lot of the same stuff together.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

It could be that and other factors. I had a thought while reading, about opening connections. I think it might also be possible that when you open a connection to either a spirit or another human being, or something opens a connection with you, it causes a flux in the energy while the "portal" is opening. I have seen one open with my own eyes once, and I would think that they cause some sort of energy burst or drain, maybe comparable to a very small EMP or breathing in a breath of air (electrical absorption).

It could go either way I would think depending on if you are opening it, or whichever side of the portal you are on.

I would love to see a painting by you of what the portal looked like.
Next project?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: starwae

Welcome to the thread Starwae.

Your experiences don't sound ridiculous at all. Just skim through this thread and you will see you are not alone. That gives everyone here comfort.

If you would like to share any of your experiences in detail, like a story of something that happened, please share.

new topics

top topics

<< 261  262  263    265  266  267 >>

join