It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 250
<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

I had a dream in boot camp, within my first 3 weeks of being there, where I would wake up to the fire watches 'lights lights lights!!!!' and the drill instructor counting down from 10 to 1. When he gets to 1, everyone would be standing on line, ready to go about the daily routine.

Then I would wake up again, to the 'lights lights lights!!!!' and another count down. As soon as he got to one, I would wake up again. This happened over and over and over, all in one dream. It got to the point where I never thought I was going to wake up. Seriously, about thirty times in a row. Finally, when lights lights lights was called and the count down started, I got on line, expecting to wake up again; however, this time was the real deal.

Another time, Afghanistan this time, I'm pretty sure I had an OBE. Actually, I know I did. I had quite a few over there. It normally happened the night we got back from a mission. I'd take a shower and go back to my cot. I'd put in my headphones and just lay there. It only ever happened when I was laying on my back. It just so happened I was reading a book, which had a few pages about aiding in inducing an OBE. I was very curious so I was attempting it.

Anyway, back to this one time, It stood out over all of the others. The lights were still on, it was maybe 1900 or 2000. (7 or 8pm). I was laying there, I had some Lateralus playing on my ipod, and I was just relaxing. I could tell I was still awake, and I felt like I was alot higher than normal. As I looked around, I realized what was going on, and I was excited, because I'd been trying to get this to work (not this time thought, it just sorta happened). I looked around at the other guys in the C hut, and saw them doing what they were doing before I'd nodded off. Some of them were laying there like me, some were reading, some were watching movies on laptops, some playing monopoly. Everything had a sort of haze to it. It felt like I was moving through water, and I was very peaceful.

I looked at one guy who was laying on his cot, and I noticed that I could see him above his body too, but his face was dark and very distorted, moving around very quickly. I knew he was going through rough times back home and this was his third deployment, so I chalked it up to him working through issues in his head. I kept moving around the C hut (not walking, its almost as if I willed myself to be somewhere else, and I'd move to it). I tried talking to a few different people, but no one responded to me. I watched two guys finish their NO Explode, and head out to the gym. The door closed behind them, and I went to follow.

As I left the C hut, I looked around and saw a few guys from different units either heading to the shower, the gym, the chowhall, or just smoking and joking. I just remember thinking that it was so cool and it was the most intense OBE i've ever had. I started walking towards the gym, following the guys that had just walked out. I was almost there when out of no where, yet right in front of me, this little black thing, that I can only describe as a oversized hedgehog on two legs( about 3 or 4 ft tall) with red glowing eyes ran out of a shadow and I guess tried to attack me. It startled me, and I instantly felt a yank backwards towards my C hut and I sprang awake.

I sat right up, some of the guys next to me were looking at me weird. I grabbed my rifle and walked out the door. On my way out, I looked at the guy I saw that was having an OBE and he was awake now too, looking just as confused as all hell. I headed for the gym, just to see if those two guys were there, and sure enough, they were in the gym.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SlyGuy

That's really weird about dreaming of waking up that many times. Maybe you were sub-consciously afraid you wouldn't wake up, and this would get you in trouble. Your mind was preparing you to wake up... lol.

Your OBE experience was good, until the red-eyed 'hedge hog' showed up!

I think there are things 'out there' that come around to test our level of fear in the spiritual realm. If we can get past them, then the rest is smooth sailing. Either that, or they come to drive us back to our body because we aren't supposed to be there for some reason.

I haven't had a successful OBE at will, but we all take trips when we sleep, most people just don't remember it.

Thanks for sharing. Cool stories.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
originally posted by: DaringDo

The other night was really weird and frightening. I was sitting here at my desk and I heard a woman's voice talking that sounded eerily like my mother. There were no other girls here, but maybe it was the TV that on upstairs. Sometime after, I heard coughing that again sounded just like my poor, dying mother's. At this point I focused on the TV, and I found it was barely audible from where I was, impossible to discern much of anything. Still bizarre, but I figured maybe my mind was making something out of the garbled 'white noise' that the TV was heard as.

I don't think your mother would do anything to scare you. You can tell her, if it's her to please not do anything to frighten you. Ask her to show herself in some non-threatening way.

I had another member who posted early in the thread about answering the phone and hearing a very evil voice that sounded like his mother screaming at him on the other end. And he also saw her distorted face floating at his bedroom window!
I think these are negative spirits/beings that are taking the form of our loved ones to affect us even more than it normally would.
This wasn't your mom, if you felt it was evil.

Then, it got worse. I went and got a drink (fruit juice, not an alcoholic beverage) from the bar room, which is just off my office area. There is a door, usually left open, from the office into the foyer, and just outside that door is a convex mirror that reflects the stairs and the front door. I can't remember if I looked out there and first saw it, or if I had sat down and my gaze drifted to the mirror, but either way, I was sitting here and staring at that mirror in horror as I saw the reflection of a strange figure.

Ghosts/spirits can appear to us through mirrors. They are like an opening portal to the other side. That's why some people can see them when looking in the mirror, but when they turn around, nothing is there (that they can see).
Whether this was your mother, or not, I don't know, but I don't think it was.

The figure was almost all some kind of dark grey color, which helped her 'pop out' in the shadowed foyer. She was wearing a long robe/dress with billowing sleeves, portrayed in the light grey on the image, and had some kind of black cap, or maybe shawl on her head. (Similar to this garment)

I get the feeling this is someone from the distant past that is showing herself to you. Why would your mother be dressed in clothing from a different era? She wouldn't.

Are these two incidents connected? Is there some, possibly hostile, spirit haunting this area? If so, is she/it responsible for the other strange things I have experienced here? Like when I went up those stairs to bed, and almost as if something had followed me, the door burst open with such force it rebounded off the wall? Or the hostile presence I 'sensed' immediately after the door incident, and the other strange happenings I've mentioned here like when I woke up with my throat hurting from being choked?

WHOA!! Freaky! It's hard to say if she was responsible, or if she is a 'protector'. She could be there to help keep the dark spirits from harming you.
How long ago did this happen? Has anything tried to harm you since those incidents? If so, it's time for a cleansing!!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
reply to post by sled735

Hope you feel better soon.

Was attacked by a spider the day before yesterday, a tiny little brown thing that went right from under my keyboard to my mouse hand. Really aggressive.Kind of gave me an odd feeling. Tried to take a few pictures of it but they are blurry and I had to squish it before it got away, which it almost did.

Then yesterday I find out that the guy down the hall from me who doesn't speak hardly any english came into the office asking about me. He is the guy that I saw the two weird spirits at his door months ago,it's on this thread somewhere. I don't ever say anything other than hi or good morning to this guy, so the office thought it was strange.

Then today I walk into the office and the first thing I am told is that the roofing crew that is doing the roofs on our building just came from doing a a job here:

The Palmer House

I haven't talked to the crew yet, but I want to. The other caretaker said they were telling him about it and it was a freaky experience for them. They were taking pictures and such I guess. Kind of weird......
I should really interview them...????

Then also got a call from the Homes office in the other building that they are reporting a fox coming closer and closer out of the field behind them and that people should know to watch their pets. This is the same office window where I encountered a black cat with orange eyes, and now they have a fox problem, the cat came with the bat, and now a spider and a fox??

Also, yesterday I was marking places that I KNOW are haunted here in MN on Google maps for myself, only one I know for sure because I lived there, and this place though it seems a lot less threatening. And Glenshene Mansion, in Duluth (also where the other haunted house is) but with the mansion, I was there as a teenager and had no experiences there, just is something that people have documented at one time or another as haunted......strange...

Hey Sled!

Going back to The Palmer House subject, as I just came back from a 2nd trip there, I wanted to point out this post to you.
I had several odd quick experiences before i met the roofing crew, and the spider attack, all surrounding the crew who was here to fix the roof. This all led to going to the Palmer house, twice now. So this is what I was meaning on fb about knowing I was going before I went. Everything fell into place including fully paid rooms the first time. The spider and the fox, the bat, and the cat all were symbolic signs of a haunted trip, and after having the feeling that something was up, I was correct, and began my adventure into my first historic haunted place.

Or maybe it is just me...lol

There were a few posts after this one about the spider, which when I was attacked, I knew it had to do with the palmer house, as in my mind, a spider is the perfect messenger of a haunting omen. At least how this one suddenly appeared,and attacked. It was not normal or a usual occurrence. And it was all centered around the roofing crew and their experiences at the palmer house. That was the message the spider carried,that it was important to my experience, and there was more to come, if that makes sense.

Roses and I a few days ago when my buddy did his 5 year wedding vow renewal at the Palmer House.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The door incident was the first one that happened in this house (or first one immediately noticeable), which would have been in 2008. The other things have been sporadically over time but I don't have much recollection as to when except for the recent ones I post about on here which could be dated. I think the choking incident had to have been 1-2+ years ago, although now that I try to think of it, it does seem like in the last year or so there have been more and more events. My mom started doing bad about two years ago in June, so I guess there could be multiple 'things' at play due to the negative emotions and stuff related to that?

As I'm typing this, thinking about this crazy stuff that's happened. I look at the left side of my screen and I can see what appears to be a silhouette of a person with discernible ear, neck, head, face, shoulders. It creeps me out for a second and I'm thinking, "Gee, ATS, that's kind of spooky, why is that there." I click the tab to go to another page, and I see the same damn thing on a page about Quaker bonnets! I hit printscreen, paste, don't see it there. I clear the image and drag it over to where it is, it shows up. As I study it, it's like one of those optical illusions where some immediately see an 'old hag' while others see the young lady. I think it is just being produced by some issue on the edge of the monitor, so like the illusion I immediately made out the human silhouette that it is producing, but it may just be the light colored mass along the side of the screen. What would have caused this, I don't know. The stranger thing is if I focus towards where the eyes would be, I start to see images of skulls/faces and some kind of triangle. Fun.

I stupidly glanced at the mirror and my heart jumped as I think I saw something there, much closer. I mustered up the will to look back and it's like the mirror, and my vision, is dimmed a little and I can see nothing.

I figure I should post this in case something goes down, if you don't see me again you'll know the possibly Quaker woman's spirit and the weird black shadow did me in.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Oh, okay.
I probably wouldn't have made that connection, but we all have our own way of knowing when something is up, I suppose.

That's a good picture of you and Roses. Tell her hello. She is going to have to get back on here and grace us with her presence. I miss some of the 'regulars' that used to post a lot.

Thanks for answering the question I asked you on face book.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I figure I should post this in case something goes down, if you don't see me again you'll know the possibly Quaker woman's spirit and the weird black shadow did me in.

I hope you're okay. I think you may be allowing your imagination to get the best of you. The mind has a way of playing tricks on us, then we get a little freaked out, then everything just builds from there!
Not saying ALL the things you see are your imagination, but just don't allow your mind to play tricks on you because you're afraid. In other words, don't freak yourself out!!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
a reply to: Darkblade71

That's a good picture of you and Roses. Tell her hello. She is going to have to get back on here and grace us with her presence. I miss some of the 'regulars' that used to post a lot.

Thanks for answering the question I asked you on face book.

Nice picture of you and Roses, Darkblade71. It is good to put a face to the members. I was hoping you would get some more good pictures of ghosts/orbs like last time to share here. Maybe on the next trip.

Hi Sled. Just popping in to welcome all the new people who have posted here since my last visit. It is good to see the thread is still going strong with all these great experiences being shared. (Probably not so great for them.) lol
I'm still lurking in the shadows reading, even though I haven't replied in awhile.

Teye22, did the medium ever come to your house? What happened?

DaringDo, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. My condolences to you.

Back to lurking. Keep the thread going People. Page 250, and counting! Wow!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
As a member of 'The silent majority', I'm still lurking,too!
I've been really busy with 'Reality Remix', and getting ready for 'Into The Fringe', but not too busy to check out the latest posts here!
Good stuff, folks!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Mindless1980
Yeah,
We were hoping to get a chance to do some exploring and kind of focus on the spirits, but never did. It ended up being two days of partying instead. I'm not complaining though, we did have a great time, and there is already talk of heading that way again in July.

On a side note, I had a dream the other night that our bedroom got sucked into a sinkhole...
I should tell my boss about that.

lol

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Yeah, we all get our own kinds of signs.

Signs don't get thrown at you if you are going to miss them.
The spirit world is very good at making sure you get it,
or at least it causes you to pay attention and know something is about to happen involving a subject.

Synchronicity plays a big part.
Signs come synchronized surrounding something that is being pointed out to a person.
Or so I am discovering as I get older.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DaringDo

There was about a 2 or 3 month span a while back where I kept seeing someone sitting on my couch looking at me.
Kind of like they were spirit projecting. Like someone was actually trying to reach me/see me astrally.
I kept seeing them out of the corner of my eye,
and sometimes I could almost look directly at them.
I often wondered if it was an ATS member trying to sneak a peak or something...lol

I don't know why, but your story reminds me of that.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thanks to all of you for popping in to say hello, and let us know you're still with us.

It means a lot to me (and the members posting).

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Nothing got me yet, or at least I don't think it did...
I heard a growling sound that sounded like it came from the down the hall. Sometime after that it started raining and thundering, so maybe the growl was the rumble of distant thunder that was coming, but it sure sounded like it was inside.

The weird silhouette thing seems to be still here, but is no where near as pronounced as it was last night. Probably something wrong with the screen, but pretty spooky that the issue started when it did.

I did have some weird dreams when I finally got to bed though. I was on an airplane going to Italy on a trip with my parents
, which is kind of weird for being oddly specific and for being something we never did. It started pretty basic, pilot talking, stewardess serving beverages. We started flying through storm clouds and I saw a lightning bolt hit the wing, but everything was fine. I began to think about how I didn't know Italian and was going to be so confused in Italy. A woman with very short red hair saw I was upset and sat next to me. (There had been a child there but they wandered off) She said she spoke Italian and we were welcome to travel with her. We were talking about whatever and I remember ending up laying to the side with my head in her lap and I was running my hand along her leg or arm and she had the smoothest skin.

Kind of weirdly specific stuff going on there, but it got stranger. I fell asleep in the dream after she asked me something involving her. In this dream within a dream, I watched in wonder as the surrounding plane became see-through and we were flying past the outer planets like Saturn of our solar system. I woke up in amazement, still in the dream, and found myself still running my hand along something, but it was just the empty seat. The red-haired woman wanted me to watch the in-flight movie a few rows back at her seat. For some reason I didn't want to go, and begrudgingly rejoined me.

Eventually, we landed, but it was not Italy. It was said to be Australia, but it was horrible. It was more akin to some kind of post-apocalyptic society than Australia as the dream continued here, criminals/bad people were everywhere and the police/government turned a blind eye to it all. We made it to a rundown hotel, and I ended up in a shopping mall. Police/military were here and arresting people in the food court. I got scared and hid under a table for a bit, then continued on. As I was leaving that area, this crazy looking man started following me. I started running for this high-class clothing store, hoping to ditch him or for the other people to help protect me. Crazy guy followed me in there but the manager, who was angry with me, must have known him because he told him to go away. After a while crazy guy returned and caught me and was trying to force me to eat something he had 'baked' for me. Despite my protests he then said he was going to make even more of whatever it was for me, and I had to buy it since it was already 'ordered.'

I then woke up for real after a little more of that. Weird stuff.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DaringDo

I'll have to analyze that dream for you when I have more time. There's meaning there for you.

I'm about to head to bed now. I hope your night/day gets better.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm still lurking as well. Nothing unusual for me happening.

Still having dreams that are very detailed at times. Still getting electric shocks in church or my relative is after holding my arm and touching some holy water. Still seeing images flash in my corners of my eyes in my house. Nothing unusual. Well except for all the creeping noises coming from one side of my house. I hope that stops soon. I was hoping the earthquake we had a couple months ago didn't damage anything.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Nothing got me yet, or at least I don't think it did...
I heard a growling sound that sounded like it came from the down the hall. Sometime after that it started raining and thundering, so maybe the growl was the rumble of distant thunder that was coming, but it sure sounded like it was inside.

The weird silhouette thing seems to be still here, but is no where near as pronounced as it was last night. Probably something wrong with the screen, but pretty spooky that the issue started when it did.

It's good to know you are okay.
I can't tell you if the growl was the thunder, but if it happens again, you need to get that place cleansed... like pronto!!
I think your fear level could be inviting some negative energies into your space. Work on that.

I did have some weird dreams when I finally got to bed though. I was on an airplane going to Italy on a trip with my parents
, which is kind of weird for being oddly specific and for being something we never did. It started pretty basic, pilot talking, stewardess serving beverages. We started flying through storm clouds and I saw a lightning bolt hit the wing, but everything was fine. I began to think about how I didn't know Italian and was going to be so confused in Italy. A woman with very short red hair saw I was upset and sat next to me. (There had been a child there but they wandered off) She said she spoke Italian and we were welcome to travel with her. We were talking about whatever and I remember ending up laying to the side with my head in her lap and I was running my hand along her leg or arm and she had the smoothest skin.

The plane ride indicates your are entering into a new level of the spiritual realm. You were with your parents on this trip, going to a place you had never been before. This is symbolic for your life journey this time around. But then the plane, representing your journey, was struck by lightening on the wing, which symbolizes irreversible changes occurring in your life. You are undergoing a permanent transformation. I think it striking the 'wing' affects your ability to 'fly' in this particular life lesson the same way as before.
You became upset about your journey to Italy because you didn't know how to speak the language. This just shows your fear about entering into an area you aren't familiar with. This could be your fear of living life without your mother here in the physical world to help guide you.
The child in the seat represents you, as a child. The child (you) got up and left. You, as an adult, took the seat. I think when your mom died you felt you had to grow up and become responsible for all your actions without your mom to lean on.
This woman came to you and offered to help you. I think she is your spirit guide. She soothed your fears which you showed by lying your head in her lap (leaning on her). She was sort of giving you the peace your mother used to give you.

Kind of weirdly specific stuff going on there, but it got stranger. I fell asleep in the dream after she asked me something involving her. In this dream within a dream, I watched in wonder as the surrounding plane became see-through and we were flying past the outer planets like Saturn of our solar system. I woke up in amazement, still in the dream, and found myself still running my hand along something, but it was just the empty seat. The red-haired woman wanted me to watch the in-flight movie a few rows back at her seat. For some reason I didn't want to go, and begrudgingly rejoined me.

Eventually, we landed, but it was not Italy. It was said to be Australia, but it was horrible. It was more akin to some kind of post-apocalyptic society than Australia as the dream continued here, criminals/bad people were everywhere and the police/government turned a blind eye to it all. We made it to a rundown hotel, and I ended up in a shopping mall. Police/military were here and arresting people in the food court. I got scared and hid under a table for a bit, then continued on. As I was leaving that area, this crazy looking man started following me. I started running for this high-class clothing store, hoping to ditch him or for the other people to help protect me. Crazy guy followed me in there but the manager, who was angry with me, must have known him because he told him to go away. After a while crazy guy returned and caught me and was trying to force me to eat something he had 'baked' for me. Despite my protests he then said he was going to make even more of whatever it was for me, and I had to buy it since it was already 'ordered.'

This 'dream within your dream' was no dream.
You were taken on an astral journey with your spirit guide. She wanted to show you future events of things that could happen in your life, using these bad situations you were put in. I think these scenarios could represent how you feel you are surrounded by bad people in your current physical life.

This could represent the bad/negative beings you think may be in your house. You tried to hide, but were followed by this bad man (being). You feel, in your physical life, that this negative being is going to get you and force you to 'eat' (experience) some bad situations in your life.

This could also represent your future, the one you 'ordered' before coming into the physical world. You may have to go through certain bad things to learn the lessons you chose to learn before you were born. This 'bad man' is there to make sure you get what you 'ordered'. He could also represent a spirit guide. He seems bad because he is bringing the bad things you need to experience.
Are you familiar with reincarnation? This goes along with the belief that we choose what we go through on earth before we come here in order to learn the lessons we need.

I then woke up for real after a little more of that. Weird stuff.

I hope I have helped you understand your 'dream', and how it is a real message for you.
Do you understand my interpretation? Do you feel it applies to your life?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: orionthehunter
I'm still lurking as well. Nothing unusual for me happening.

Still having dreams that are very detailed at times. Still getting electric shocks in church or my relative is after holding my arm and touching some holy water. Still seeing images flash in my corners of my eyes in my house. Nothing unusual. Well except for all the creeping noises coming from one side of my house. I hope that stops soon. I was hoping the earthquake we had a couple months ago didn't damage anything.

Thanks for stopping in to say hi, Orion. Good to see you again too.

Still having the shocks... Well, some people just carry more energy than others.
Like I said before, I can't hold a flashlight close to me without draining the batteries, or causing street lights to go off when I get near them. I can't explain it in medical/scientific terms, I just know it happens to some of us.

I hope your creepy noises stop in your house soon too. That has to be cause you to question whether it's a ghost, or just the house settling. Time will tell.

Thanks again for stopping by.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

edit on 11-5-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

Hello, Agent. You had something to say? Don't be shy... unless your comment was ridiculing.

new topics

top topics

<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join