It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 229
<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I don't know if this story is paranormal or a story about a genius or a clever jokester. I once worked at a job out in the boondocks. One guy got hired who was either really smart or made me think practical joker or even alien.
He claimed working with someone else he invented the first virtual reality visor.

He asked to borrow my physics and then thermodynamics books from college and claimed he read all of them in less than a couple of days. He even said he wanted to be an MP in the military at one time and he took some kind of special aptitude test. He said he had people coming by from every branch of the military saying he could work anywhere he wanted. That made it sound like he did well. Then they told him he could not be an MP because he was too short. He ran his own business on the side. He confided in me he had hacked into a government computer before reading what he described would likely be very top secret. When I asked certain strange questions, it was like he almost always had an answer.

I threw one at him one time. I do not remember my question. I do remember he said some alien ships were usually constructed in space and their shells were superconductive.

One day he told me he was out in a field or clearing and noticed something unusual. There was a flying saucer type ship directly above him very close. He got away from it he said.

Another time he said he was experimenting with a new design or concept and said he thought of how we could have 3d tv but it would have one problem. The lasers were the problem. He said they would have to be so powerful that they would slice your head off if it touched you. Actually that's a killer because a 3D tv would project out into the room.

I never heard anything else about him since I moved away so I wonder what became of his designs for a new automobile. He supposedly had a new design for the engine but the transmission and electrical systems needed to be redesigned too. He was keeping it secret. I don't know if he was for real but he was smart and clever.

I found out after he no longer worked at the same place my boss kept coming into work finding someone had lowered the height of his chair every morning and you had to turn the entire seat several revolutions to get it back. I found out my boss thought I was doing it. I didn't even know about it. I heard him say one day, well I guess it was Mark that kept screwing with my chair and not you.
note: I did not use his real name.

I meant a 3D tv that projects a holographic image out in the room. Not like the current 3d tv's. You wouldn't need glasses either. I believe it would be like a larger version of a 3D arcade game I played back in the 1980's. I could move my hand through the images and they were holographic.

There were some really good laser disc arcade games back in the 1980's. I remember getting the high score on one and my ship left the gorge it was flying in and traveled to another planet. I shot past scores of alien defensive systems. I blew away all other scores and it was amazing to have all photo realistic images. Then the machine dissapeared and I never saw it ever again. I was just getting good at it. Most of those old laser disc games ended before you got very far. It would be nice to hear whatever happened. Even weirder would be if I really was piloting a drone alien attack ship and the aliens found out after I shot up their planet. They didn't come get me though so obviously it was nothing but an arcade game. Meanwhile could there be some guy out there on a distant planet saying, "you got the wrong pilot, I didn't do that. I wasn't that good."
Sorry if I'm digressing. I had the thought wouldn't it have been cool if that game was really the controls to an alien attack drone? I think I will never know since I have never seen any trace of the game.
edit on 26/1/14 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hello all,
I have been hanging around this thread for a while, after all, it has been here for a long time.

I have enjoyed many of the stories, and by the vast majority of truly freaky episodes that some people have had, it kind of proves that there is truly something at odds with the "accepted" views of reality on this planet, although I did not really need that proof due to past episodes in my life, which I have shared in a few threads here on ATS.

So, I will share with you one other experience I have had, which I have never been able to really understand.

It is not super freaky, but I think you will agree, it would put the chill up anyone's spine.

The scene is the sleepy town of Cohasset, an historic ocean community about 20 miles south of Boston, Massachusetts. At this time in my career, I owned a small computer consulting business, and I had a retail portion of the business as well, in a shopping center on Rt 3A (Chief Justice Cushing Highway) in Cohasset.

My wife ran the retail store, and I did consulting for businesses in the area, as well as home service for the wealthy there that required premium computer support for their home businesses as well as personal use. I would take on-call service for some customers that really needed professional help, since what they had in their homes would rival some of the systems you would see in a large technical business.

Anyway, that is background for the environment.

One day, while working on some computers in the lab, I got a call from one of my best customers, that was having a typical system nightmare. There was no way to network into his systems from my office, so I took a house call to his place to get him out of trouble.

He was running a network application that corrupted his local server, and I pretty much knew how to help him get it back online quickly.

He lived close to the ocean, and I took a hot spare out to his house to get him back running again, and had plans of just taking his trouble system back to my lab to work on it later. His house was not one of the fanciest that I was used to in the area, but it was real old, and the inside was very colonial. The house had a real atmosphere to it, and you could kind of feel an omnipresence in it when you walked in. Hard to describe, but some of you will know exactly what I mean.

The owner was a busy man, and had an appointment in Boston, so he was happy to just let me work there while he was gone. He left only a few minutes after I arrived.

The office where his computer systems were in, was just off a really nice colonial living room, with fireplace and fine cabinetry. He had double doors into the area, and it was just a comfortable place to just sit down, start working , with the intent of getting him up running ahead and getting out of there, because I was busy as well.

While working, I decided a little music would be nice, so I went into the living room, where there was this huge, old style radio receiver up on a large antique cabinet. I turned the power knob, but nothing happened. I twiddled with it a bit, noticing it was plugged in, but I could not get this radio to function, so I just turned off the power knob and went back to work. The power button on this radio was the old, mechanical type that really "clicked" when you turned it. This radio was perhaps 1930's or 40's, an old Philco, with huge arched top and large dial.

After working , and replacing his server, I was almost ready to leave, when I distinctly heard this "CLICK" come from the living room. I looked into the room, and I could see the dial on the radio all lit up, and some kind of green level meter below it starting to glow brighter. Then, in about 10 seconds, the RADIO CAME ON with a bit of static in the background. I was really freaked out, and immediately went over too it to examine it.

What was coming out of the radio was an old Amos and Andy radio show. I started chuckling to myself how appropriate that was for the radio itself, and started turning the dial to see if I could come up with something else. The next signal I was able to get was, believe it or not..., "The Shadow" Ok, I thought, I am outa here, and I turned off the radio, which "Clicked" just like it came on. I took his server computer, and headed out the door and drove back to my lab.

Back at the lab, I told my wife about it, and she smiled a bit and just went right back to her work. She had appreciation for me telling her the story but basically did not believe in weird stuff like that and was happy just not to think about it anymore. That was her nature on things like this, and I really do love her for it, because she was the stake in the ground of reality for many things in my life.

I fixed the customers server back in the lab, called him up the next day and made an appointment to return it. As he let me into the house, I noticed the radio on, but it was just a local AM news station, and I could tell that what was being discussed, was current news.

I just had to tell him my experience there first off, because it was really bothering me. His reaction was quite non-descriptive and casual.
He said something to the tune of, "Well, this is an old house, and I cannot explain some of the things that happen here, but at least it was a peacefull experience you had......" OK..., I did not know what to say, so I just replaced his server and was again on my way.

So, no ghosts that I could tell, but freaky, yes indeed, and it does show that some people are perhaps so used to different paranormal things happening in their house, that it becomes blase and everyday. Incredible.

Thanks for taking time to read my diatribe.

edit on 26-1-2014 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2014 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2014 by charlyv because: all spelling

edit on 27-1-2014 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Thanks for the story. I enjoyed reading it. I would have wanted to find a modern radio signal because I would be too curious wondering if I didn't at least try a little bit more. I would be wondering what station and at what time the radio was picking up the signals of the old radio shows.

I once heard a foreign speaking radio program and songs on my car radio one day. I thought I heard Cuba too. I was thinking no way. This is an FM signal. There are no foreign language radio stations I can pick up in my area. Somehow a signal was getting bounced a very long distance.

Tonight both times I drove my car down the road separated by hours, I heard the song that says I am immortal. It must be. a new song getting played a lot. I can't think of what it could mean but sometimes I hear a number of strange radio songs. One night I got in my car and got on the highway and a song called highway to hell or something like that came on.

On another night traveling in a city known for lots of red lights, I got 12 lights in a row green. I was wondering if some entity was traveling with me. Maybe I just got real lucky. I did have some extreme luck on occassions.

I found the song. I like it. I guess if I heard it before I never noticed it very much.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 27/1/14 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

orionthehunter
reply to post by charlyv

Thanks for the story. I enjoyed reading it. I would have wanted to find a modern radio signal because I would be too curious wondering if I didn't at least try a little bit more. I would be wondering what station and at what time the radio was picking up the signals of the old radio shows.

I once heard a foreign speaking radio program and songs on my car radio one day. I thought I heard Cuba too. I was thinking no way. This is an FM signal. There are no foreign language radio stations I can pick up in my area. Somehow a signal was getting bounced a very long distance.

Tonight both times I drove my car down the road separated by hours, I heard the song that says I am immortal. It must be. a new song getting played a lot. I can't think of what it could mean but sometimes I hear a number of strange radio songs. One night I got in my car and got on the highway and a song called highway to hell or something like that came on.

On another night traveling in a city known for lots of red lights, I got 12 lights in a row green. I was wondering if some entity was traveling with me. Maybe I just got real lucky. I did have some extreme luck on occassions.

HI,
Thanks for the response. I have always been kicking myself for not going further, examining what other things I could have pulled of this radio, however the initial "CLICK', already had me nervous and then those stations coming up was all I needed to just make me pull the trigger and get out of there. At the time, I guess I really did not want to find out what was next, but again, hindsight will be with me forever on that one.

I too find radios freaky, and they indeed can come up with what seems "very appropriate" songs or themes for what is going on in your life. Perhaps they are coincidence, but I am one that does not believe in coincidence, and that everything you experience, has a fundamental meaning somewhere or somehow. Do we hear what we want to hear, or is there some collusion somewhere? I find it a fun question.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
orionthehunter
reply to post by sled735

I used to never flag anything since it was something new and I didn't read too much about it visiting infrequently for a while.
I checked and now you have one more flag.

Thank you.

Some of the posts recently made me wonder if I could have been sleep walking in the astral plane. Sometimes I go in the kitchen and I often watch the weather channel. My brothers sleep walk but I told them I don't. If I really do but not in this plane of existence, then that would be weird. It might explain some mysterious interaction or paranormal things if I'm meeting in the astral plane. I am not claiming to have visited anyone here. I just thought it was amusing to think what if I was? Turn the weather channel on when no one is watching, see what's in the kitchen, lol. That would be weird if I was sleep walking in another dimension. I really thought I did not sleep walk at all.

If it's me, just scream and you'll probably wake me up and get rid of me.

You might not want to visit me. I'm liable to zap you back into a time warp, or something! LOL

I once dreamed about exploring in the astral plane and I was like a ghost floating up out of my house and went exploring. I went inside someone's house at random. I thought they were all asleep. Suddenly I believe a lady saw me but I wasn't solid I'm sure. She screamed the most blood curtling scream I remember. Scared me and I suddenly woke up in bed. I was thinking if it wasn't a dream, exploring random houses might not be a good plan. I think I didn't sleep as good or feel as rested so I'm not even trying to do anything like that even in my dreams.

I believe you've shared this here before. That's wild!! Poor woman! I think it could have really happened.

Maybe I should check out any picture descriptions of reptilians. I had a bizarre set of dreams where I was contacted using telepathy with a reptilian like alien located about 37,000 light years away in this galaxy. I could see images in my dream and communicate a bit. The alien was like a scientist and stood erect on two or three legs and had a large tail. I didn't sense any hostility. Their level of science was about 6 levels beyond what is taught in our schools. I dreamed about asking for a better way to communicate and got into too much technical stuff. I asked him to contact someone else. I didn't want to study electrical engineering plus whatever I dreamed up just to see if this was the real thing or just a dream.

Oh no! Not the reptilians!! They aren't good, and don't have good intentions for us humans. I hope your not associating with them!!

I had another strange dream one time where I learned about a large alien network. The aliens were using telepathy to communicate across the galaxy. They were using the minds of local aliens on certain planets as hubs to boost the signals. The hubs were not supposed to be aware that their minds were being used as a hub. Information was leaking out of me though. It was just a dream. It might make for a cool science fiction story though because I don't know if anyone ever thought of a telepathic alien network with some human hubs in the network. If everyone's brain operates on a different frequency, maybe, maybe there could be something to the thought.

How do you know it was "just a dream?" We have not touched the surface of what the aliens are capable of.

It seems more reasonable than dreaming about an extremely advanced AI opening up a temporal or time distortion to communicate with my semi conscious mind in another dream. The strange thing about that dream happened after I was awake. I searched the internet using terms I thought about. I found one PDF file. It said something about top secret blah blah, blah, secret equipment stored at various bases across the US. Then at the bottom of the screen in blue writing I saw something like this document is not to be shared with any other government department. I was thinking I'm good. I'm not the government. Then I noticed my computer was completely locked up. I couldn't even reboot with control alt delete. I turned everything off, disconnected from the net and wiped out all information. My connection was super slow when I went back online.

Hummmmm... sounds like they probably got into your computer to check you out.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
orionthehunter

I don't know if this story is paranormal or a story about a genius or a clever jokester. I once worked at a job out in the boondocks. One guy got hired who was either really smart or made me think practical joker or even alien.
He claimed working with someone else he invented the first virtual reality visor.

Sounds like a very smart man. He could be receiving his knowledge from an "unknown" source. I've heard that aliens have certain people here that they have some type of mind control thing they do with them. I don't know how true that is. I'd come more believing our "elite" would do something like that though. I've read they have done this.
Maybe they learned it from the aliens?!

Even weirder would be if I really was piloting a drone alien attack ship and the aliens found out after I shot up their planet. They didn't come get me though so obviously it was nothing but an arcade game. Meanwhile could there be some guy out there on a distant planet saying, "you got the wrong pilot, I didn't do that. I wasn't that good."
Sorry if I'm digressing. I had the thought wouldn't it have been cool if that game was really the controls to an alien attack drone? I think I will never know since I have never seen any trace of the game.

You have a wonderful imagination!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Welcome to the thread, Charlyv.

Wow! How am I getting all these new people on the thread? I haven't done my usual "advertising" on other threads lately.
Excuse my thinking out loud.

To your story...

That's interesting, indeed.
I think you may have a smidgen of psychic ability which attracted the ghost in the house to you.
You "felt" the omnipresence when you walked in. That tells me something right there.
People who are "sensitive" to the paranormal have a certain aura that ghosts are attracted to. I think this ghost was playing with you, trying to get your attention. He must have like you, judging from what the man said, "but at least it was a peaceful experience you had."
Sounds like this ghost has been mischievous, or even malevolent, with the owner in the past.

Count your lucky stars it didn't do anything more!

I'm sure that was very freaky for you, if you aren't used to having experiences like this.

Thanks for sharing.

edit on 1/27/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
] orionthehunter
reply to post by charlyv

Tonight both times I drove my car down the road separated by hours, I heard the song that says I am immortal.
It must be. a new song getting played a lot. I can't think of what it could mean but sometimes I hear a number of strange radio songs.

Cool song! I like it.

One night I got in my car and got on the highway and a song called highway to hell or something like that came on.

That cracked me up!

I can't say I like the lyrics, but I like the tune. LOL

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

charlyv

orionthehunter
reply to post by charlyv

HI,
Thanks for the response. I have always been kicking myself for not going further, examining what other things I could have pulled of this radio, however the initial "CLICK', already had me nervous and then those stations coming up was all I needed to just make me pull the trigger and get out of there. At the time, I guess I really did not want to find out what was next, but again, hindsight will be with me forever on that one.

I too find radios freaky, and they indeed can come up with what seems "very appropriate" songs or themes for what is going on in your life. Perhaps they are coincidence, but I am one that does not believe in coincidence, and that everything you experience, has a fundamental meaning somewhere or somehow. Do we hear what we want to hear, or is there some collusion somewhere? I find it a fun question.

I agree. I think there are many oracles that bring personal messages to us. The trick is, to pay attention, or people miss them... and the message intended for us.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Something stange that's been happening to me at night is i keep feel someone poking me while trying to sleep. Sometimes it even feels like something is on the bed with me.

It doesn't scare me though, when it happens i just kick my legs as if to say "piss off i am trying to sleep" and it stops. Never really thought much of it really and usually forgot about it the next morning, Until last weekend night my little sister stayed with us and woke up screaming through the night, she said she could hear and feel something climbing on her bed.

I have only ever experienced this in the current house i live in which i have lived in since 2010.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Another weird experience

Was administering spiritual healing to a friend of a friend. The lamp in the room went brighter, then lower and then flickered. The switch was oblong shaped with a slider so you could increase light or lower it & no one was anywhere near the switch at the time.

My friend was so shocked she spat out her drink. It was spirits way of showing us they were there.
Try and disprove that one

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by liverlad

Do you have any pets that have died since you lived there? Sometimes they come back to visit us. Or it could be a pet that belonged to a former renter/owner.

I've also seen a show on t.v. where something was crawling in bed with a woman. It looked like a small alien, or monkey. I don't know what that thing was!

Thanks for sharing with us. Welcome to the thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
When I went to bed this morning I heard those clicking sounds again. It was at the table beside my bed.
It sounds like when someone takes their fingernails and flicks them against another fingernail.
I laid there listening for several minutes wondering what/who it was. I didn't feel like it was my dad this time.

Apparently, it wasn't happy that I was ignoring it, so it started scratching on my bed rails!

Back and forth... back and forth!

This brought back the fear I felt as a child when that happened, but I got my fears under control quickly, now that I know more about the paranormal.
I told it to go away; I needed to sleep. It stopped and I drifted off.

Hummm... I wonder if this is the same thing that haunted me way back then? Could it still be with me after all these years?

Sorry, little old lady, but I think I need to do a smudging!! If you're still here, guess you'll have to leave too.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hello and thanks,

Yes, I got from the demeanor in the customers comment that whatever presence is in the house, sometimes is not that welcome. I certainly did not want to dwell on that, and I think he probably did not want to elaborate as well. The thing that freaks me is the ability of something to manipulate an environment so that that radio station content could be "manufactured", as it were. That is hard to handle.

edit on 27-1-2014 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Wow, somewhere else is bad enough, but having it in your house is a whole different thing.
I would be investigating ways to make it go away permanently, if that is possible!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses. There were some posts on the previous page that were new as well in case they got missed. It wasn't me though.

I do not believe I have been sleep walking in the astral plane anywhere. It does sound strange when someone on the same thread reports a new visitor. All the ghosts visiting my house are quiet.

A girl I know still swears after I said I would send my personal ghost to her place to kick some ghost butt out, all poltergeist activity stopped and there still has been no activity after almost a whole year.

Maybe I have a secret army of ghosts at my beck and call. hmmm, if I was a soldier in a past life, makes you wonder.
I looked again at the lyrics to the song with the words I am immortal. That seemed a little bit spooky talking about beyond the grave in the lyrics. The song appears to have been out since September but I don't remember it. Maybe it was just a coincidence hearing it twice in the same day. I was only in my car about 30 seconds on two occassions yesterday. The timing was real lucky I guess.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

LouiseCTaylor
Another weird experience

Was administering spiritual healing to a friend of a friend. The lamp in the room went brighter, then lower and then flickered. The switch was oblong shaped with a slider so you could increase light or lower it & no one was anywhere near the switch at the time.

My friend was so shocked she spat out her drink. It was spirits way of showing us they were there.
Try and disprove that one

interesting, it reminds me, it seems that my presence has an affect on electricity at times. i think i first noticed it when i was driving and one of the headlights(left if i remember) on a car that was passing me in the opposite direction went out as it was passing me. It's happened a few times, but, ever since then, I always notice an abundance of one headlights that I never remember noticing before then.

street lights also have a history of turning off and on as i approach.

not to mention other electrical problems that my friends encounter, sometimes just when I'm there. My friends sometime say it is my fault jokingly when they have electrical issues. My light in my room is very finicky as well as all of my TVs that I've owned.. I've been lucky to have no real problems with my computer...nothing seems to be that annoying...cept for the TVs AV outlets...my friends sometime get annoyed too.

It is probably just all normal and random coincidence that I just notice and account for myself, though.

it reminds me of the guy in the men who stare at goats, but i'm not as nearly as bad off as he is.
edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

charlyv
reply to post by sled735

Hello and thanks,

Yes, I got from the demeanor in the customers comment that whatever presence is in the house, sometimes is not that welcome. I certainly did not want to dwell on that, and I think he probably did not want to elaborate as well. The thing that freaks me is the ability of something to manipulate an environment so that that radio station content could be "manufactured", as it were. That is hard to handle.

edit on 27-1-2014 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

Being psychic is like being able to tune in to radio waves that others don't pick up on, just for an example.

So, these radio waves the ghost manipulated are out there in our environment, and the ghost picked up on them and changed the channel to a different frequency and sent them through the radio.
I don't know how to explain it scientifically, but that gives you an idea of what I'm trying to say, hopefully.

I feel like the ghost was trying to tell you he/she/it was from that era. It sensed you were sensitive to spirit.

It takes a ghost a long time to learn how to do certain things like that. So the ghost in that house must have had a lot of practice, and been very active in the past.

The owner of the house needs to get a medium to come in and communicate with the ghost, and help them cross over. I feel very strongly this ghost has a message they need to share, then maybe they can move on.

Most ghost hunting groups have a medium with them. Maybe he could call them out and let them investigate. I believe most groups do it for free.

Again, I'm glad the radio playing old music and coming on by itself was ALL you experienced.

I've had paranormal experiences all my life, so the thing in my bedroom didn't scare me, except remembering the terror it caused me as a child.
If you show fear, that's where you've made your first mistake. They feed on fear, and will keep coming back, and the activity will get even worse.

I've got to see if I can borrow some smudge sticks from a friend of mine. I don't want to wait to on ordering them online.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

I experience that activity of lights going off when I walk by too. It's weird!!
I can't wear a flashlight on my utility belt because I drain new batteries in a few hours. Before I realized it was me causing this, I used to get very upset having to take flashlights back to the store to exchange, then they did the same thing. LOL

I came across an article about how some people drain, or affect electricity/batteries after that, and I realized I needed to keep it away from my body. I haven't had a problem since.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

orionthehunter

A girl I know still swears after I said I would send my personal ghost to her place to kick some ghost butt out, all poltergeist activity stopped and there still has been no activity after almost a whole year.

That's wild!!
I'd say your spirit guides and guardian angels heard you and marched right over there to do the job!

top topics

<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join