It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 211
<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Pretty strong precognition abilities you experienced.

Good to see you still following the thread, Nugget1. Much appreciated.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Just a tidbit here to tell you all about the shadows I saw at work last night.

I kept seeing dark mists swirling past my office door from the corner of my eye. This happened maybe 5 or 6 times.

Then once while I was reading, a shadow must have went between the light and my book.
As I was reading, the light was blocked from the pages, and you could tell it was something moving because the shadow traveled down the page, blocking the light on it. I jumped and turned around because I thought someone was coming in, but no one was there.

The activity must be getting ready to pick up again.
Stay tuned. Once it starts, it lasts for awhile.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Do you smudge your house? When things get active in my home I bring out the sage.
When we first moved in I found it necessary to sprinkle sea salt on every door sill leading into our home, but still felt too much going on in the yard, which would eventually make it's way indoors, so I ended up putting sea salt around the entire foundation. Problem solved!
It is not unusual for negative energy to appear after having company- especially if there is any kind of controversy ( like political discussions!
) -and a good smudging is called for.
I had company in late October, and one person got VERY angry by taking something that was said out of context. I didn't think too much about it later, but....
I began smelling the most horrendous odors whenever I would sit in my recliner. It kept getting more and more frequent; even my grand daughter ( age 7 ) was occasionally picking up on them.
I consulted a friend of mine, and the first thing she asked was if I'd had any company that could have left some negative energy; DUH !

Don't know why it didn't occur to me sooner!
Lots of prayer and a good smudging was all it took!
Whenever I have activity smudging gets rid of it, if it isn't positive energy. If it continues, I know I need to be receptive to what is being conveyed.
That's how it works for me, anyway.
Merry Christmas one and all!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

I haven't smudged my house yet. There is a little old lady here that I don't want to make leave, and my deceased cat comes around too. I've been thinking about getting some, but haven't yet.
I rely on prayer and believe strongly in its power. So far, so good with that.

The black mists I saw were at work. I see a lot of activity there. It is a place full of evil people, so it's to be expected.

Thank you for your feedback. And a Merry Christmas to you too.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

sled735
reply to post by sandman441

"Good" karma coming back your way, maybe?

Thanks for posting. I get a thrill when I see some of the "older posters" still taking part in the thread.

yeah I try and post as much as I can but we just go on long droughts sometimes. Though after I posted in this thread I think the next day somehow a pushpin came out of my wall that was holding a poster up folded over, The pushpins usually do not fall out on their own and I've had some pictures up for years with no problems. so that was a bit weird.

Nothing has happened yet but I'm hoping where I work (I get sent all over Alaska) that I will see something, I get sent all over Alaska, so far the most northern I have been is a man made island called OOOguruk and the most southern has been Kenai (though I have been farther south).

I did actually remember a story I was told about a guy who works for the company I don't know if it's true or not and I have never met the guy. But This guy went down to south america and for some reason decided to go to a medicine man and I'm not sure exactly what it was for, but they fed you a bunch of drugs that would make you hallucinate, well this guy didn't see a thing I think he was stone cold sober after taking the drugs, but they tried it for like 3 days and finally the medicine man refused to meet with him and seemed scared of him. Well he met up with the medicine mans interpreter or assistant or something and the guy was like well the medicine man said you have no soul. From what the guy telling me this story said was that never ever get into a prank war with this guy he will take it so far that he will do anything to win and he goes way too far alot of the time. And to him it seemed he really had no conscience at all.
edit on 17-12-2013 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I just noticed a big difference between what I remember and the way things are now. The state of Arkansas is spelled that way instead of Arkansaw as I remember it being spelled. I'm trying to pay attention to any differences between what I remember and the fact I could have shifted into a very similar alternate reality. I studied all the names of the states when I was younger and the current spelling looks weird to me, even though it is apparently pronounced like the way I spelled it, Arkansaw. If I did switch into a parallel world, I like the changes so far. I do not know why some people in a club act like they know me. I used to simply think all the people claiming they know me were using a line making things up but I know that is not always true.

The weirdest example was one girl I met one weekend who hugged me and said she hadn't seen me in two years. We talked for a minute. Then the following weekend in the same club she approached me again and said the same thing. She said it had been two years since she last saw me. I said no it wasn't. That's what you said last weekend. She said no. She would have remembered me. I thought maybe she must have had too much to drink that weekend to remember. I have no idea of what to believe anymore.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I get that sometimes, mostly if I see somebody I knew in high school they just will not remember me very often. And I'm like I can tell you the last conversation we had or at the very least a conversation we have had. Or I can say we had this class together.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Don't know what to tell you. Maybe she was too drunk the first time to remember having seen you, or too drunk the last time to remember seeing you before. This would be my verdict.

Or, you entered a time slip.

Arkansas has always been spelled that way. I remember because I always thought it should be spelled Arkansaw when I was in school, the way it sounds.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I've had a few paranormal experiences starting in childhood. There was a ghost or other negative entity that followed me from preschool until I was about 13 years-old. It spoke to me, turned appliances on and off, and I found blood spatters throughout the house with no source. Sometimes things would materialize, once I saw a very pale boy walk into a lit room and as he entered the room the lights went off. The only people in the house were myself and my dad who was in the living room watching TV. I had no idea about the history of the house until a few years ago, but its previous owners had actually passed away in there. It was an elderly couple, a bedridden husband and his wife whose sleeve caught fire while cooking breakfast and burned to death in the kitchen. When my parents purchased the house it was dirt cheap for starters, but some previous belongings were left in the basement. My father worked for the train company and my mother was a textiles design student. In the basement we found childrens' toys, a loom, and a model train set. Possible coincidence but it makes for an interesting story.

I had many night terrors in that house, saw seven foot tall shadow figures, faces in the windows, heard voices, and always that feeling of being watched. I had many lucid and astral dreams in that place but there was a very negative feeling there. I began having dreams that would come true and I would be able to predict people's comments before they spoke it. That has faltered over the years, but as a child, I had many "psychic" experiences.

I will admit, I carry the stigma of a psychotic disorder diagnosis but my therapist actually agrees with me. I am not thought disordered but I experience things classically deemed "psychotic". My therapist acknowledges the potential for a metaphysical world. I grew up with parents who were active occultists so my therapist believes my environment was just ripe to be perceptive of these experiences, my parents experienced things as well. I always felt that perhaps my parents' dabbling opened up more than they bargained for in that house. Interesting thread by the way!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Spantsa

That sounds like a show I saw on t.v. where a woman's clothes caught fire at the stove and she burned to death.
Do you know if this case was ever on one of the paranormal shows?

You had an amazing childhood. No wonder you had so many experiences, growing up in a haunted house with parents into the occult!!
I'm glad your therapist realizes the potential for your experiences to be real, and not a delusion of your mind.

You aren't crazy!

I would like to welcome you to the thread. It is an amazing thread, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thank you so much for the welcome!

I have to say, I didn't think much of that house in years and years, seeing this thread helped me to re-visit some of it. I think it was very traumatic growing up, very scary.

Oh wow that is interesting, do you know what show? I used to live by the Jackie Hernandez house actually but my little home was no where near as famous to be on TV :p Before we moved in it was vacant for a very long time, it was a major fixer-upper so I'm not sure how many tenants it had. It is on the national registry of historic houses though, maybe I could dig up something if I looked!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Spantsa

Welcome, Spantsa. I'm happy you like the thread.

Your childhood sounds about like mine! Traumatized described it well.

Thank you for sharing your experiences here. Sorry for the short reply, but I'm getting ready for work now.

Keep reading, and enjoying the stories others have shared here. Mind-blowing!!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Can you believe this post has been active for almost 2 years? I do not know if there is anything, beyond my job, I've committed to for 2 years. Phenomenal on all accounts. I have spent the last several nights laying in bed at night reading every post, overwhelmed with a variety of emotions based on the myriad of posts; from happiness, to anger, to excitement, to fear, to bliss, to sadness, and back again. I'm in my late twenties and have hit the inevitable quarter-life crisis of becoming consciously aware of one's own mortality. I believe what people have posted on here and it rejuvenated in my belief that there is more than just the 60-100 years our bodies last on this planet. I am clearly a new member (in terms of signing up). I created an account to post some thoughts I had on progression (check out my thread in the Introductions forum) and to comment on this thread, which has truly inspired me.

My contribution to the topic is limited as I have not had any experiences with UFOs or ghosts or other paranormal activities. The best I have is that I've had overwhelmingly vivid Deja Vu a few times in my life. On more than one occasion I remember, vividly, dreaming about something occurring before it did. One time, I actually caught myself having Deja Vu and knew exactly what was going to happen next (and it did). I've heard that Deja Vu is really just cross connections in your brain where you register something before your conscious brain recognizes it; therefore, creating the perception of having seen it before (but really, your brain "registered" it before you consciously became aware of it). This makes sense to me, but it doesn't explain the instances where I dreamed something, remembered dreaming it, and then saw it occur. These are cloudy memories and occurrences, so I call my own experiences into doubt. As for the other paranormal stuff, I've considered joining some local ghost investigation groups to get more involved. There is a burning passion in me about this stuff. Perhaps it is all derived from seeking forms of confirmation that there is something beyond.

Anyway, OP (sled735), thanks for starting this thread 2 years ago and making a difference in my (and I'm sure others) lives.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

ExNihiloRed
One time, I actually caught myself having Deja Vu and knew exactly what was going to happen next (and it did). I've heard that Deja Vu is really just cross connections in your brain where you register something before your conscious brain recognizes it; therefore, creating the perception of having seen it before (but really, your brain "registered" it before you consciously became aware of it). This makes sense to me, but it doesn't explain the instances where I dreamed something, remembered dreaming it, and then saw it occur. These are cloudy memories and occurrences, so I call my own experiences into doubt. As for the other paranormal stuff, I've considered joining some local ghost investigation groups to get more involved. There is a burning passion in me about this stuff. Perhaps it is all derived from seeking forms of confirmation that there is something beyond.

Anyway, OP (sled735), thanks for starting this thread 2 years ago and making a difference in my (and I'm sure others) lives.

I hate when that happens, The only real time that it worked in my favor was when I was in Vegas playing the ghostbusters slot machine and I was on the ESP bonus round I got all of the cards right except 1, a girl came up to me and said your really good at that. But my mind works really weird, I really suck at math but one day my teacher was going through some calculations to see how fast a cannonball would hit a boat. I didn't understand it at all but I just kind of ran it in my head and got the right answer and then he did another calculation and I ran it in my head again and got the answer faster than he could write the equation. But if you asked me to do it with the equation I would not be able to do it that way.

Then there is stuff that I shouldn't know how to fix or put together or something and I can totally do it, but give me a simple task and I'm lost.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
ExNihiloRed
reply to post by sled735

Can you believe this post has been active for almost 2 years? I do not know if there is anything, beyond my job, I've committed to for 2 years. Phenomenal on all accounts. I have spent the last several nights laying in bed at night reading every post, overwhelmed with a variety of emotions based on the myriad of posts; from happiness, to anger, to excitement, to fear, to bliss, to sadness, and back again. I'm in my late twenties and have hit the inevitable quarter-life crisis of becoming consciously aware of one's own mortality. I believe what people have posted on here and it rejuvenated in my belief that there is more than just the 60-100 years our bodies last on this planet. I am clearly a new member (in terms of signing up). I created an account to post some thoughts I had on progression (check out my thread in the Introductions forum) and to comment on this thread, which has truly inspired me.

AWESOME!!! Thanks for the wonderful complements on my thread. And welcome! Welcome to ATS, also.

It always puts a big grin on my face when people say they joined so they could post here.
And to think my thread helped to rejuvenate your belief that there is more than just our body makes me feel "rewarded" in my spirit! Thank you for that.

My contribution to the topic is limited as I have not had any experiences with UFOs or ghosts or other paranormal activities. The best I have is that I've had overwhelmingly vivid Deja Vu a few times in my life. On more than one occasion I remember, vividly, dreaming about something occurring before it did. One time, I actually caught myself having Deja Vu and knew exactly what was going to happen next (and it did). I've heard that Deja Vu is really just cross connections in your brain where you register something before your conscious brain recognizes it; therefore, creating the perception of having seen it before (but really, your brain "registered" it before you consciously became aware of it). This makes sense to me, but it doesn't explain the instances where I dreamed something, remembered dreaming it, and then saw it occur. These are cloudy memories and occurrences, so I call my own experiences into doubt. As for the other paranormal stuff, I've considered joining some local ghost investigation groups to get more involved. There is a burning passion in me about this stuff. Perhaps it is all derived from seeking forms of confirmation that there is something beyond.

I'm sure you read the many posts in this thread about Deja Vu. It was brought up several times throughout the thread, so I won't go into it again and bore you.
I must say, I hadn't heard that explanation you gave. And, I must say, I disagree. LOL
Science has to have a way to explain things like that so they don't appear stupid. (But we are on to them! LOL)

If you didn't see my thread on Deja Vu, you may find it interesting: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are many threads on ATS about Deja Vu that may go into more detail and have more pages than mine.
You can type Deja Vu into the search bar and read over the ones that come up. I know I've posted in several of them.

What a thoughtful thing to say. You are very welcome!

I hope to continue this thread as long as the paranormal exists, and people need answers to questions about what they have experienced, so I think it will be around awhile longer.

I hope you'll come back and post any feedback, or comments to other members here. Thanks again.

edit on 12/19/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Bumpity, Bump, Bump!!

Anyone out there?

Okay then... I'll share myself.

No activity at work last night, but I've been seeing flashes of light for the past week at home and work.
Then I received a message yesterday with information in a document saying that people are being "upgraded" in their DNA by using flashes of light from the ETs.

Okay, that's one answer to consider.
It could also explain why my doctor cut my thyroid medicine in half on my last visit a few weeks ago... my DNA is being upgraded!!
I've been on the same dosage for the past 20 years! Now he says it needs to be lowered to half that amount?!

Seriously?!

This has blown my mind, to say the least. Not sure how I feel about this.

Maybe I should take comfort in knowing "they" aren't excluding me in their ascension plans for the new earth to come. And, hopefully, it will allow me to become even more "in tune" as I do my meditation to balance my chakras, if this is truly what's happening.

I find it strange that I have received this news now. It's like I had a question, and "they" sent me the answer.

Synchronicity... again?

Something for me to ponder.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

It's rare that I "swim" anymore. It's odd but my mental clarity is actually a bit stronger than when I was younger but my abilities seem to be a bit weaker. I would love to discuss this stuff with you guys in U2U so as not to take up too much space on the thread. I can tell you this, it feels as though I have had a governor placed on my mind. It's like when I attempt to meditate and feel like I'm on the verge of something something stops me or pulls me back. I have tried isochronic tones and when I'm on the verge of slipping out of myself something stops me or pulls me out. I have a hard time daydreaming now as well.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Are you referring to my post above yours? If so, I would love to hear all you have to offer on my thread that is in more detail to this topic: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't worry about a long post. The more info, the better.
There are others on that thread that can benefit from your input.

Thanks for stopping in again.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I'm sorry, I was responding to a post you made to me a few pages back.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Oh, okay.

It might help if you hit the "quote" when replying to a message from previous pages so we'll know what you're referring to.

Sorry about that.

top topics

<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join