It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Embedding your vid:

There we go.

By the way, for an excellent reference to BBCode for ATS (i.e. methods of embedding videos and changing text colors, all kinds of stuff), this is what I have been using:

A Guide to BBCode on ATS

Hope that helps!
edit on 3/16/2012 by Tsurugi because: BBCode link

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
Thank you for the link, and thank you for the positive feedback. We look forward to hearing your stories. Things are just now starting to slow down a bit. I'm sure there are many others out there with stories, but some people are too afraid of being ridiculed to share. That's okay...... I understand.

I can understand it too, but it really shouldn't happen in a thread like this. Even if it does start happening, I will still post some of my experiences when I get a chance...because guess who's not afraid of being ridiculed?

Gotta head off to work now...should be back later tonight!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

Thanks so much Tsurugi!!!!
I've been wondering how people put videos on here! And I look forward to reading your stories too.

I also have to work tonight. I won't be back until in the morning. I work from 9:30 p.m. until 6:00 a.m.
I always check out ATS first thing when I get home.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Nice thread, and interesting stories.

Thanks everyone for sharing! It's takes something to be able to share these kinds of stories and still be taken seriously.

I'll share my first weird paranormal experience, my others are just too long to post on your thread:

My first ghost experience:
I was in my early 20's and living with 2 guy roomates, and we went to hang out at one of their girlfriend's house to play Pictionary and drink a few beers. It was me and the 2 dudes I lived with, and one of their girlfriends and a friend of hers.

The girlfriend gives us a grand tour of her house and indicates her parents are gone for a week. She goes on the tell us the house has a poltergeist and tells us her stuff gets moved around alot. She then shows us the basement and the sauna that has writing on the wall that she says spells "Leah is here". As we leave, I close the door behind me and we go into the basement rec room and play Pictionary and drink some animal beer.

After about an hour passes, I go to use the restroom across from the sauna. As I leave the bathroom I notice the sauna door is open. I get a bit nervous and ask if anyone opened the sauna door? Nobody did, they say. About another 30 minutes go by and I hear what sounds like footsteps upstairs walk across the floor and down the stairs. We all look over at the same time to see a VERY fleeting glimpse of a woman's faint light outline in a full dress and long dark hair.

We sat and discussed what we had all saw, the only people not freaking out were the girl who lived there (who was used to it) and her boyfriend my roomate (who I guess just wanted nookie). Later I used my logic to realize the "Leah is here" was actually "Leak is here" since it was written next to a concrete patch.

Needless to say we all saw the same thing at the same time.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliquandro

Thanx for sharing your paranormal story...

I would'nt ever try to contact whoever or whatever that poltergeist might be with a ouija board....

Doing that will further open a doorway that seems to have been already opened a little and might set off a chain of terrible events...

That often begins with scratching sounds heard inside the floors,walls and ceilings...

Then sometime later,disembodied whispers and voices will be heard and small objects will be mysteriously lost and even teleported from room to room...

Which will someday escalate into hearing the extremely terrifying sounds of wild animal like shrieks and growls and even phone calls from the dead...

Then worse still,all may become very calm and quiet for days,weeks or even months and then suddenly...

Thunderous pounding and crashing sounds will be felt and heard on the roof and outside walls like something thats been unleashed is trying to get inside the house...

Along with furniture smashed and broken and the sounds of sonic booms...

Followed by the demonic posession of someone living there...

And yes,even after all that horror,things can actually get worse,when finally full blown demonic infestation arrives and takes over everything...

Causing the sickening odors of sulfur and excrement to spread throughout the house...

Multiple posessions of people who may vomit glass and nails...

Animals and people levitated and floated around inside and outside the house...

Gusts of wind heard and felt blowing around in rooms where the windows and doors are closed and sometimes even rain and snow will fall inside the house...

People are slapped and punched and pushed down stairways by unseen hands and invisible claws...

And finally people are hurt and even killed in car accidents and from heart attacks caused by demons...

The Demonologist:The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Lorraine Warren > www.amazon.com...
edit on 16-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Thanx for sharing your paranormal story and i would'nt ever try to contact whoever or whatever that poltergeist might be with a ouija board.Doing that will further open a doorway that seems to have been already opened a little and might set off a chain of terrible events that often begins with scratching sounds heard inside the walls of the house,then sometime later,disembodied whispers and voices will be heard,which will someday escalate into wild animal like shrieks and growls,then even worse,all may become very calm and quiet for day or even weeks and then suddenly thunderous pounding sounds on the roof,crashing furniture,demonic posession and finally full blown demonic infestation will arrive and take over...

Yeah thanks for the advice! I know not to ask for demonic help or play with Ouija boards.
That experience happened more than 20 yrs ago, but the scary stuff only happened 2 years ago. Demons and advanced possessions are not a light subject, and most get real uptight trying to be objective about it, and cry "lunatic" before you can give them all the details. It's why my best paranormal experiences will be well thought out before I tell them here. I'm honestly still researching my latest experience and what actually happened, without giving up my life and my passions in doing so.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Thanx for sharing your paranormal story...

I would'nt ever try to contact whoever or whatever that poltergeist might be with a ouija board....

Doing that will further open a doorway that seems to have been already opened a little and might set off a chain of terrible events...

That often begins with scratching sounds heard inside the floors,walls and ceilings...

Then sometime later,disembodied whispers and voices will be heard and small objects will be mysteriously lost and even teleported from room to room...

Which will someday escalate into hearing the extremely terrifying sounds of wild animal like shrieks and growls and even phone calls from the dead...

Then worse still,all may become very calm and quiet for days,weeks or even months and then suddenly...

Thunderous pounding and crashing sounds will be felt and heard on the roof and outside walls like something thats been unleashed is trying to get inside the house...

Along with furniture smashed and broken and the sounds of sonic booms...

Followed by the demonic posession of someone living there...

And yes,even after all that horror,things can actually get worse,when finally full blown demonic infestation arrives and takes over everything...

Causing the sickening odors of sulfur and excrement to spread throughout the house...

Multiple posessions of people who may vomit glass and nails...

Animals and people levitated and floated around inside and outside the house...

Gusts of wind heard and felt blowing around in rooms where the windows and doors are closed and sometimes even rain and snow will fall inside the house...

People are slapped and punched and pushed down stairways by unseen hands and invisible claws...

And finally people are hurt and even killed in car accidents and from heart attacks caused by demons...

The Demonologist:The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Lorraine Warren > www.amazon.com...

So, I think what Blocula is saying is: don't ever use a ouija board!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Thanks for the positive feedback, and sharing your story with us. Tell any friends you have that may have had experiences to come by and drop us a line!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I remember reading that same book by Sylvia Browne. She was in Ireland touring through the country side when she spotted a fairy and commented to the driver about it. He replied that it is very common to see and he was so nonchalant about it because they are so a part of the weave to their beliefs in that area.

It reconfirms that maybe those of us that are "open" to the paranormal have many experiences because we allow ourselves to process these experiences as being part of life outside of 3D reality. I think a lot of times the skoffers and debunkers have such a fragile sense of there own limited reality that they limit their prospectives of what is truly out there. In that way, I seriously doubt there would be any direct alien disclosure. Most people would freak out, IMO.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Love this thread! It's a very relaxing atmosphere and makes you want to share. I've had quite a few experiences, the vast majority I would label as spiritual. I have a very personal relationship with Jesus and it's through his teachings that I understand why these things happen - at least for myself. And I enjoy connecting dots; biblical dots.

Many of my experiences have to do with my daughters death. She died a little over two years ago and the events that occurred before and since her death are already documented in a thread here about after death communication. My friend adjenson who is a board member and experiencer also, lost his wife and he actually started that thread. In that thread I stated that at some point I may be willing to talk about a few of my experiences - at least some of the tamer ones.

Stopped Time

I was very young - four or five and we were visiting my Granny in the southwestern coal fields of West Virginia. This would have been around 1970 and she was just getting indoor plumbing. There was a pump-house that sat beside the regular house. As we were walking between the two, one of my aunts noticed a craft. There were five of us looking at it; my Granny, my Mom, my Aunt, my older sister and me. It was above the mountain top, tilted at an angle and a very bright metallic silver. It didn't move or make any noise. It looked like a saucer with a coffee cup turned upside down on it. We went inside and a few minutes later my aunt made me go back outside to see if it was still there. It had moved to the left some I told her but you could still see it. I grew up in Columbus Ohio right by Port Columbus. It wasn't a regular airplane by any means. I still scratch my head over it to this day.

A year or so later, my Grandpa got a settlement for having black lung and my grandparents bought a mobile home. Sitting in a row was their old house, the pump house and the new house. We were once again down there, as my mom was there helping move things from one house to the other. This is going to sound so crazy but here it goes - I remember running and trying to find my mom. I ran through the old house looking and calling out for her but no one was there, so I ran out of the house, past the pump house to the new house and I saw my mom sitting on the edge of the porch. As I ran up to her all I got out was her name, "Mom!", when I realized she was frozen. Her eyes were open and she was siting at a funny angle, like she was about to get up - but she was froze. I remember being confused and scared. I started to run back towards the old house looking for my sister but I turned back around and slowly walked back to mom and I stood about three feet away from her and just quietly said, "mom?" and next thing you know she is moving again. I went from totally freaked out to so happy.

I've only told this story to my older sister because it is just so wierd and out there. In the Bible there are two instances where time was manipulated. Once during a war God made the sun stand still in the middle of the sky for about the length of a day (Joshua 10). Another time God made the shadow the sun makes go back 10 paces on Ahaz's steps.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

How much time did you perceive passed while your mother seemed to be frozen?

Also how far away was the flying saucer that you saw a year earlier?

edit on 18-3-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Did the aliens place your mother into some kind of suspended animation while you were abducted?

During one abduction case that i read about...

A woman awoke in bed to see a helicopter over her house,as if the intervening ceiling and roof had disappeared. She later described also seeing two unusual humanoid aliens at the foot of her bed.Two of her human friends were able to witness this scene and they saw a blue sphere of light around her,as she did,with brighter lights shooting through it,but they heard no helicopter and saw no aliens.The blue light apparently created a virtual reality scenario for her to experience a false scenario and to recall a false memory that the aliens implanted within her...

edit on 18-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
Love this thread! It's a very relaxing atmosphere and makes you want to share. I've had quite a few experiences, the vast majority I would label as spiritual. I have a very personal relationship with Jesus and it's through his teachings that I understand why these things happen - at least for myself. And I enjoy connecting dots; biblical dots.

Many of my experiences have to do with my daughters death. She died a little over two years ago and the events that occurred before and since her death are already documented in a thread here about after death communication. My friend adjenson who is a board member and experiencer also, lost his wife and he actually started that thread. In that thread I stated that at some point I may be willing to talk about a few of my experiences - at least some of the tamer ones.

Stopped Time

I was very young - four or five and we were visiting my Granny in the southwestern coal fields of West Virginia. This would have been around 1970 and she was just getting indoor plumbing. There was a pump-house that sat beside the regular house. As we were walking between the two, one of my aunts noticed a craft. There were five of us looking at it; my Granny, my Mom, my Aunt, my older sister and me. It was above the mountain top, tilted at an angle and a very bright metallic silver. It didn't move or make any noise. It looked like a saucer with a coffee cup turned upside down on it. We went inside and a few minutes later my aunt made me go back outside to see if it was still there. It had moved to the left some I told her but you could still see it. I grew up in Columbus Ohio right by Port Columbus. It wasn't a regular airplane by any means. I still scratch my head over it to this day.

A year or so later, my Grandpa got a settlement for having black lung and my grandparents bought a mobile home. Sitting in a row was their old house, the pump house and the new house. We were once again down there, as my mom was there helping move things from one house to the other. This is going to sound so crazy but here it goes - I remember running and trying to find my mom. I ran through the old house looking and calling out for her but no one was there, so I ran out of the house, past the pump house to the new house and I saw my mom sitting on the edge of the porch. As I ran up to her all I got out was her name, "Mom!", when I realized she was frozen. Her eyes were open and she was siting at a funny angle, like she was about to get up - but she was froze. I remember being confused and scared. I started to run back towards the old house looking for my sister but I turned back around and slowly walked back to mom and I stood about three feet away from her and just quietly said, "mom?" and next thing you know she is moving again. I went from totally freaked out to so happy.

I've only told this story to my older sister because it is just so wierd and out there. In the Bible there are two instances where time was manipulated. Once during a war God made the sun stand still in the middle of the sky for about the length of a day (Joshua 10). Another time God made the shadow the sun makes go back 10 paces on Ahaz's steps.

Thanks for the positive feedback concerning my thread, and sharing your stories.

Did you ever ask your mother what she was experiencing when it seemed she was in a paralyzed state? Sounds like she was the one taken away for awhile, not you. It could also have been something involving quantum jumping in time. Have you heard of it? Or, maybe the angels came and took her on a spiritual journey?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Probably a minute passed for the whole thing to unfold. It really sucks because I was so young and it's as if there isn't enough information to come to any conclusions. I've never mentioned what I witnessed to my mom because she does't even remember seeing the craft, nor does my aunt. Someone mentioned false memory and strangely enough that is the term I use now when I contemplate the whole thing. I talked to someone on the forum who saw the same type of craft north of us in Pennsylvania but they never mentioned anything wierd like stopped time.

I believe there is life on other planets, but I have a real hard time wrapping my mind around a space being travelling to Mingo County WV. Anything is possible though including it could be our goverment. My best guess would be if it is our goverment, they were testing something and if it comes from an outsided source they would be looking for something.

There is another thread around here by member mikeboyd that some of you may find interesting. I think it's titled 'They come from within" and his theory is that the beings are interdimensional.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing the thread title. I'm going to read it now.

edit on 3/18/2012 by sled735 because: Remove link... didn't work.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here is another story:

This happened to my friend on Dec. 18th, '09.

My friend's husband had passed away several years before this pic was taken. When my friend and her husband were first married, he planted a Christmas pine tree in the back yard. Over the years it grew into a very large tree.
On the night of this photo it had snowed, and my friend's daughter stepped out to take a picture of the snow looking so pretty on the tree. After putting the pic on the computer, and enlarging it, you can clearly see the form of a ghost standing beside the tree. The resolution isn't that great, but you can still see the form.
They think it is her late husband standing there to say hello to his daughter, and let them know he is still with them.

Well, sorry, but I can't get the picture to post here. It is in my email, and "my pictures" file. Does anyone know how I can get it to post here?

edit on 3/18/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

i have trouble posting images as well,thats why theres none in any of the posts i enter into my threads, anyways the pen is mightier than the sword and i have relied on nothing but words so far,typed words that is.Threads that have photos in their opening post seem to sometimes do better than those that dont,oh well.I have tried tp post a picture or image pertaining to a thread i've started,i cant seem to make it work and its Extremely Aggravating,so i dont even bother trying to do it anymore...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I've been trying for several days to post various experiences, but they are all so weird and difficult to explain.

I have often wondered if paranormal experiences are actually intermittent schizophrenia. Maybe certain people are borderline schizophrenic and a little stress pushes them into delusion briefly?

edit on 18-3-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

I was just talking to a friend of mine yesterday, wondering how many people are misdiagnosed with schizophrenia when it is actually paranormal activity taking place.
Strange you would bring that up now. I guess maybe it needs to be discussed, since it is turning up as a topic for me two days in a row.
Anyone have any comments about this?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by cloudyday

I was just talking to a friend of mine yesterday, wondering how many people are misdiagnosed with schizophrenia when it is actually paranormal activity taking place.
Strange you would bring that up now. I guess maybe it needs to be discussed, since it is turning up as a topic for me two days in a row.
Anyone have any comments about this?
When we talk to god its called praying,when god talks to us its called schizophrenia and if the majority of people in the world today were to become crazy tomorrow,what was considered being abnormal yesterday,would suddenly be thought of and viewed as being normal...

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join