It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RosesAreRed

Good to see you back, Roses.

Yeah, jump in and comment on the other posts anytime you want to. All feedback is welcome.

Those ghosts should bring my things back any day now because I just went and bought new ones. That's usually when they pop back up, right in full eye view.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
I've had paranormal experiences all my life from having live in ghosts, phantoms in my room, dreaming the future (mostly mundane, but not always), knowing things I just shouldn't know about people (reading everyone at least on surface), bi-locating, inducing mystical experiences from a lifetime of having them happen, talking with the dead, full on conversations in dreams so no proof there, but it's like I know when a dream is not a dream, but is just astral work, demonic attacks etc, so yeh, you are not alone.

I have some more experiences that I just don't talk to others about anymore, but I think anyone can experience this side of reality, but most don't want to, and that is ok too.

Hi, and welcome to the thread, US.

Those are some awesome experiences you've had. I, and the other lurkers, would love to hear some of your stories in detail, if you don't mind sharing.
For myself, I'm interested in hearing about the bi-locating, ghosts, and demon attacks.

What does the water do you use beside your bed? Is it holy water?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I heard when I was younger that it would get the ghosts attention and keep em either occupied or not go near you. I think it was also the idea that if you crossed a body of water they would not follow as some stories go. So, I just tried it and either out of intention or cause it worked they left me alone.

Salt was also a good deterrent as well.

I will have to think of which ones to share, I have had a lot of different experiences. I've had 2 direct demonic experiences and which stemmed from my time studying spiritual warfare and a very odd book. It happened to someone I met as well at a conference and when I told her friend about it, her eyes got really big and draw dropped and said, "you aren't going to believe this, but the exact same thing happened to my roommate, you gotta tell her about it". I simply called out to Yeshua and it was removed. Not much to tell on my part really.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've had a few experiences.
When I was in 4th grade we had a substitute teacher come in and the first thing he asked us was if we could tell him how many kids he had. I raised my hand and told him 2 boys. It went on for a few more questions which I answered correctly.
Finally, as I was trying too hard to figure out what was going on, I answered wrong. Other children started to answer correctly. It was like a quiet little voice in my head that you really had to listen hard to hear it.
Now that I'm older I think he was put in there to test us. Just like the people came in to ask us all kinds of questions when we were in kindergarten.
I used to be able to tell who was at the door or on the phone before they were answered.
I also used to have an invisible friend who would help me with things, like open doors and win at games. He was with me until I was 14 or so. I think he left after I reached puberty.
Had a few strange things happen with the occult. Once a friend and I were going to draw a pentagram and have a séance and I was looking through the encyclopedia and found a picture. I marked the page and also wrote down the page number and left to get some paper to draw on. It disappeared. Could never find it after that.
The same night I saw the pentagram, while in bed, I swear that the devil appeared and said "you're mine now" and disappeared in a puff of smoke. I screamed and my Mom came in the room and turned on the light. You could still see the smoke. Never dabbled in the occult after that.
I have a few more but this is a good start. Your threads were one of the reasons I started coming to ATS.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by trontech

Ha! Thank you, Trontech. That made my day.

I will reply to your post in the morning. I am on my way out the door for work.

Awesome post! Welcome to the thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks for the reply and the link to your thread Unfortunately, I'm on holiday at the moment so only have limited internet access but I'll most definitely be watching the video when I get home.

I missed a few things out of my original post as I'm still not comfortable with them but your description of the child being re-born to the same parents gave me chills and I've decided to 'bare all' with what one of the mediums told me about my daughter's spirit.

I was just in the audience watching other people get messages and was disappointed that I didn't get one myself because at the time I just really needed any reassurance that my daughter was safe somewhere. Anyway, during the nibbles and drinks afterwards, one of the mediums approached me and asked if I'd step outside with her as she had something important to tell me in private. Apparently, the whole time she'd been giving messages to others, she'd kept being drawn to me and could see a lady standing behind me holding a baby with a hand on my shoulder. No message was being given, just the lady and baby standing behind me and the lady having a protective hand on my shoulder.

During the general chit chat afterwards the lady then spoke to the medium and said she had an important message that must be delivered to me. She told me my baby daughter's soul had a very important reason for being born but had to go back because she wasn't ready yet. She also said my next baby would be a girl and the soul of my first daughter would be born in my second daughter. At the time I was a long way from wanting another baby and on the verge of splitting up with my husband due to the trauma we'd gone through. However, somehow (
) I did become pregnant again and I did have another daughter who is now 21 and not at all spiritual. She considers herself Agnostic and is very logical and matter of fact about everything.

I've never been comfortable thinking my first daughter's soul is also now in my second daughter and have never mentioned it to her. I'd hate for her to think she's a replacement for my first daughter - if you know what I mean. My nan, mum and aunt were with me when the medium gave me the message but they've never mentioned it again because I always said I felt uncomfortable with it. It's not that I didn't want my daughter's soul to be re-born to me but I love all 4 of my children (my daughter who died, my daughter who is alive and my 2 sons) and there's no way any of them are interchangeable or replaceable. I also prefer to believe I will get to meet my eldest daughter again one day but if her soul really has been re-born in my second daughter then I already have met her which is just a bit weird for me to get my head around.

I really wish I could watch the video you posted in your thread as I've never heard anyone else saying their child's soul was re-born in another of their children. Maybe it will make me feel a little easier about it and more open that it is a possibility and it's ok.

I've obviously been guided to your threads so thank you for posting them. I used to visit ATS all the time but then it became a bit of a political battleground and wasn't really covering topics I'm interested in. It's been a pleasant surprise to come back and get re-connected with like minded people again. Thanks again for linking that thread/video because I just know it has many answers to questions I've avoided even asking myself!

Edit to add: By the way the lady holding my baby gave her name as Kathleen. I didn't know anyone by that name and neither did my nan, mum or aunt. We were talking about Kathleen at my nan's house, a few days later, and my grandad who was Catholic and very against anything to do with mediums, asked why we were talking about Kathleen. We reluctantly told him and he huffed and puffed, went and sat outside then came back in and said it was his sister Kitty. She'd died at around age 7 and he'd only ever referred to her as Kitty so none of us knew that was actually short for Kathleen.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Maya00a because: To add a bit more info

edit on 21-8-2013 by Maya00a because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

WOW!!!
How about that!!

Yes, you were led to my thread(s)... most definitely. Synchronicity at work.

Thank you so much for sharing that with us. It ran goosebumps all over me.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by trontech

Had a few strange things happen with the occult. Once a friend and I were going to draw a pentagram and have a séance and I was looking through the encyclopedia and found a picture. I marked the page and also wrote down the page number and left to get some paper to draw on. It disappeared. Could never find it after that.
The same night I saw the pentagram, while in bed, I swear that the devil appeared and said "you're mine now" and disappeared in a puff of smoke. I screamed and my Mom came in the room and turned on the light. You could still see the smoke. Never dabbled in the occult after that.
I have a few more but this is a good start. Your threads were one of the reasons I started coming to ATS.

I really don't know what to say.
I couldn't say anything anyway because I can't get my open mouth to close.
That's just plain freaky!
And scary!

The part about you having a friend until you were 14 is sort of what I experienced, except mine wasn't a "friend".
It was malevolent. It's a wonder I made it through my childhood without ending up in a psych ward.

Thank you for sharing with us, and again, thank you for the compliment on my thread(s). That's awesome!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Still waiting to hear what you have to share, ProfessorC.

I know you have to have some fantastic experiences to share.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hi Sled and all, sorry I have not had time to post much or really check out what people are posting. I have been so busy with work, and when not working I am kind of kicking back, so well, you know how it goes.

Anyways, The Palmer house.....

I just found out that all of us at work are getting to go for a night for free, with all of the extras. Meaning the paranormal investigative tour

How cool is that?!

The contractor that did all of the work here on the roofs is friends with the owner and after the other caretaker and I talked to him a little,he said he would set us up there, and next thing I know, we have rooms in the "active wing" with a full tour.

This all goes back to that tiny little spider that attacked me the day the crew got here, and I knew something was up having to do with the Palmer house.
Nothing is an accident, and nothing is coincidence.

Anyways, the date is set for the 28th/29th of September now. Rooms are booked I guess, and they know we are coming. I am going to take the money I was saving for the room/tour and use it for EVP equipment and maybe another camera for the trip.

I have to e-mail the guy yet to get his story on the Palmer house, but I guess he has spent a lot of time there as he has an office in Sauke Centere and stays at the Palmer house when he is in town. His crew has experienced A LOT there.

It should be a very interesting time

There has been a few things going on here too, our door keeps opening on it's own, and just a lot of things disappearing and showing up again in places where we know we looked. Now it is happening in the office too with paperwork.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Oh, Goody, Goody, Goody!

That's awesome, DB!!! Congratulations... I guess.

I can't wait to see what you guys capture! I know you are extremely excited!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Actually I am rather excited, yep, a night away with Roses and everyone from work, away from work, with no kids, and just couples, in a really nice yet haunted place.....

As weird as it sounds, it gives me a chance to see what I can see. Doing medium/psychic readings is way different than experiencing a spirit that is for whatever reason, sticking around on it's own and interacting with people on a regular basis. I am really really curious to see what I can see/learn from this. A bit nervous too, but more looking forward to learning something I can't get any other way than to go into the field and just do it.

at least that is how I see it.

Everyone is excited about going...lol
Just I have an extra reason.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Playing around with the paranormal is advised against for those who have no idea what they are doing, as you will see in this video. It is NOT a game:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I have to say, this is a very interesting post going on. I've actually had various odd things happen to me ever since I was a small child, but never really told anyone. My mother said people would hurt me if I told anyone about the things I saw or felt. I knew I wasn't alone, but didn't realize so many people had experiences.

I've come to terms with pretty much everything that's happened to me, and still I have some pretty wild experiences. It's hard to really go into any details because its so off the wall, even for people who have had similar experiences. I've dealt with ghosts, poltergeists, demons, aliens, magic and all manner of odd creatures. I'm not sure I'm really ready to share, but I can give some good advice on getting rid of unwanted things.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenixfirestar

Welcome to the thread, Phoenixfirestar.

Yes, you will find all types of different experiences throughout this thread... a little bit of EVERYTHING!

I have more experiences posted all through the thread myself that I remembered after others posted their story.
I didn't realize just how much I had forgotten. This has been a life-long thing with me also.

I understand your reluctance in sharing, but after reading through the thread, if you feel more comfortable, please share with us.

As for myself, I would love to know what kind of creatures you have seen.
I am 99.5% sure I have had the New Jersey Devil run past my bedroom window when I was a child, with tracks in the snow to prove it wasn't my "childish imagination".
It would help me to know if anyone else has ever come across anything like this, or any other "mythical" creature.

Thank you for posting. I hope you enjoy reading the experiences being shared here, and I hope you'll come back and share yours.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
I just found this thread, and I will contribute more extensively to it at another time as I have to get ready for bed, but I have lived in haunted houses since I was born, each and every place we lived in minus one here and there, were haunted. Having gained quite the interest in the paranormal due to this type of childhood, I became a ghost hunter, forming investigative groups of my own, which spawned investigators and lecturers known from popular television shows about the paranormal, and in these investigations, my group and I encountered a few authentic hauntings, ghosts, shadow people, inhumans (demon) and the like.

Not all hauntings are "ghost" related, but there is plenty of evidence to suggest that some of them certainly are, my goal has always been to determine if the group feels the home is indeed haunted, and then to decide the nature of the haunting.

Ghosts, or the paranormal are real, the only question in my mind is: "What are they?" "Are they the spirits of the deceased?" "Are they Psychical in nature?" "Are they interdimensional, or demonic?" Unfortunately though, the answers to these questions may never be discovered.

Now that I've rambled, I need to go to bed before my wife hits me with something heavy.

I look forward to hearing your experiences! Please jump back on here, and do tell!!!

I want to welcome all the new members who have posted.

I am only one of many lurkers on this thread. I have nothing to contribute along the paranormal theme, but I do LOVE reading your stories.

Great stories! Thank you for sharing them here.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindless1980

Hello, Mindless. Good to see you are still "lurking".

If you want to see a REALLY good scary movie, I suggest you watch The Conjuring.
I just now finished it, and I have to say, that is one of the scariest movies I have seen in many, many years!

I'm sure Hollywood puts their spin on it, but the facts are based on a true story, and that makes it even scarier!

I won't be going to bed before daylight, I can tell you that!

There isn't much that scares me after all my own personal experiences,
but that movie scared the crap out of me!

I think I will be using that glass of water beside my bed, and making a circle of salt around my bed, as well.
When a person's mind is scared over something like this, it is an open invitation to allow things in that I don't want to come in.

Have a good day everyone. Sweet dreams.

edit on 8/25/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thank you Sled,
I'm really not sure where to start. I guess my first real experience was when I was 4-5. I had to stay at my aunt's house while my mother worked (she had a salon in her basement). I would sit and chat with the customers, but when everyone left and I was there alone, a poltergeist would come out from the back. It would do funny faces in the mirrors and make the chairs spin, and I kinda just played with it a lot. The geist was a lot friendlier than my family.

I can't say for sure if it was a poltergeist because I was so young, but it didn't feel like a ghost, and it appeared as a floating black shadow. It wasn't ghost like at all, or really demonic. My aunt was fairly abusive, but she never hit me in the basement, it would always be upstairs even if no one else was in the house.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenixfirestar

Thanks for coming back. It probably wasn't a poltergeist. I don't remember anyone ever seeing a poltergeist.
It could have been a child, or even an adult playing with you. Or... it could have been something evil trying to win your trust, appearing to be someone you could play with.
I take it, it finally left you alone?

What about the creatures? What kind have you seen, or had any contact with?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

It was a pretty malicious entity, my uncle and cousin never went down to the basement, and my aunt only went down for work or laundry. It was there long before I showed up and it was still there the last time I visited when I was about 13. As crazy as it seems, it was protective of me. My aunt would beat me with hair brushes, toys, anything that was close at hand, but the first time she did it in the basement the thing manifested in front of her and scared the hell out of her. It never bothered the customers much either, but they were all little old ladies, most of them widows.

Other creatures? I've seen different kinds of aliens over the years, which is actually the more believeable side of it, as well as demons, ghosts, and various mythical creatures. I've never seen the man-apes (sasquatch, skunk ape, yeti, etc), but I know they're out there, I can just feel it.

new topics

top topics

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join