It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 166
<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Last night while I was talking to someone about their recent vacation to Colorado, I remembered something else that happened to me. A few years ago, I had also gone there with my family to visit relatives. While at the airport waiting to board our plane out there, I heard a whispered voice saying something like, "Look at that person!" I heard this same phrase again onboard the plane, and then once more at a restaurant in Denver.

Each time, it sounded like it would have been someone in the vicinity, but except for in the plane, the only people that could have said it (and it would have been audible to everyone else in the area I would think) were a fair distance away. I suppose it's possible that the source was indeed the same person that was at the airport, on the plane, and coincidentally came to the same restaurant, but it was pretty weird.

Given my other strange experiences, however, it could have certainly been something otherworldly.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I was looking through the other topics on here tonight and remembered some other weird thing, although it may not be along the same line as the other stuff. (I tried to edit my last post but I might not be able to)

This used to happen when I was young, not sure on the exact age, but anyway my house and the neighbor's were similar in design and both had a straight, central stairway to the second floor. That family had a child only a few months younger than I, so of course we played together, and thus this odd experience happened in both houses.

When coming down the stairs, I used to always jump down from at least 4-6 steps up, and I almost think it was from the very top. While doing so, something really weird would happen that I can't really remember what it felt like, but it may have been like a 'slow-mo' effect. I haven't thought about it in so long, the details are gone. I can just vaguely remember being someplace up on the stairs, jumping, experiencing this weird effect, then landing at the bottom.

I think it felt kind of like a dream, if that makes sense. Maybe in my mind I saw and felt myself jumping down, but in reality I had just normally descended?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaringDo

Maybe you were feeling the effects of quantum leaping.

It's possible.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611
One thing I won't be experiencing though is a ouija board. I had bad chills running all over me when I read that you'd like to be a casual observer. Ain't no such thing, if you ask me. Once that door is opened, everyone is susceptible to whatever comes in. If you're there, you're part of it. PLEASE be careful about that!

Sounds like you have someone watching out for you considering how many experiences you've had where you have been alone. None the less, it's always a good idea to have a partner with you when you can, but situations aren't always optimal.

Forewarned is forearmed they say lol. Since you seem to get caught a lot during unexpected times you might take a lesson from the survivalist people and carry a spirit EDC (every day carry) bag with you. Usually that is a small container of some kind you keep in a big pocket, bag, whatever and it contains stuff you'd need to survive through a day, in this case you might carry a bit of holy water in a vial, a little sage ash, salt, religious iconography, protection items/crystals, etc. Then, while you may get caught alone, you'll have your faith, belief and a few items to help further empower you in case the energy is negative or you are concerned it might follow you home.

I definitely agree you should show some of your personality in the car you own. The more connected you are to your things, the more your protection is going to include them. LOL Buying a new car in this day and age is very scary and can surely make you doubt. Second guessing yourself isn't healthy past a certain point though, besides...what's the point of life without a little risk here and there?

How does one decide what is 'sane' in what is obviously an 'insane' world anyway? lol

I believe if you protect yourself and don't actively participate, one can be a casual observer, but none-the-less I will be very careful if the opportunity ever arises. It never has, so I doubt it actually ever will. I don't really have anything to do with people in those kind of circles anymore. I've mostly stopped being involved in ghostly things, save as one who offers advice, conversation or watched the tv shows lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
When I went to bed this morning my curtains starting moving. The air conditioner was not on at that time to cause any airflow. Even if it was on, it has never caused the curtains to move before.

As usual, my cat was lying on my stomach. She looked over in that direction and stared for a minute; so did I.
I didn't see anything.

All at once my cat jumped off me like she was shocked... like she did the last time that thing touched her face.
I still didn't see anything this time. But when I raised up to see where my cat went, I got cold chills all through my body, like I was outside in winter weather. This told me there was something there!

I didn't feel any malevolence coming from whatever it was, but it was a weird feeling. My body must have gone through it as I raised up for me to get the chills like that; my room was warm.

I got under the covers to get warm and thought about what just happened. I drifted off to sleep eventually.

Until I feel something evil, I will leave this thing alone. I would hate to banish my dearly beloved departed cat. He is welcome to stay, if that is him.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Thanatos0042

Thank you so much for your advice... I carry two white quartz crystal points, a rose quartz pendulum, a bit of amethyst geode and a little one-inch high carved skull (not crystal, but unakite) in my bag I carry to work every day. When I feel bad at work, or depressed, I set these things out just under my monitor where I can see them. It helps energize me and turn an ugly day around.

I wanted a natural pouch to carry them in, so I bought a little leather one at a pow-wow a few years back. Everything but the amethyst and pendulum fit in it. I've always heard that the energies associated with crystals like to be in a natural container if needed.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Very interesting reading my freinds. Sled seems like you have experienced a lot of activities indeed

I experienced something strange once.

I was in my grandmothers house, just a regular day. In the laundry there was an matchbox with some matches besides it. If I remember correctly I stroke my hand over it actually never touched it and baam the match was like magnetic. At first it fixed to my hand and next it was "flying" over somehow to my chest. So I took it of and placed it on the bench again.

This was many years ago. So my mind can't really accept this fact I think therefore it has become blurry. But it went like this somehow. Anyone else experienced something like this :O?

I didn't smoke or drink.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Air0x

Hello, AirOx.
Welcome to my paranormal thread.

Yes, I have many more experiences all through the thread. More I remember after other people told their experiences.

As for your telekinesis experience, here is one of the most recent on that topic.
There are many more here, but I couldn't begin to tell you where the posts are.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8/17/2013 by sled735 because: clarify

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
My thieving ghost is back.

The other morning my tweezers and my blush were missing from my bathroom drawer.
I asked my daughter if she had taken them. She said no. I really don't think my husband would take my blush...

But, then... maybe there's something he needs to tell me.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I was browsing topics on ATS last night, and something made me think of the Evil Dead Army of Darkness movie and its plot item Necronomicon and the 'klaatu, barada, nikto' phrase. As soon as I did, I heard a loud noise from a wooden shelf as if the joints were straining or something like that. (I don't know how to explain it, as I can't recall hearing it make that kind of sound before)

Pretty weird coincidence.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I haven't begun reading the other posts yet but was on Sled's other threadand posted this:-

Firstly, when I was very young I used to see colours floating around. They were always different shapes and sizes and would seem to morph into each other and change shape and colour. I suppose it was a bit like watching a lava lamp. Whenever I mentioned this to my mum she'd tell me I was over tired and/or had an over active imagination. At some point I stopped seeing the colours and would guess it was when I was aged 11 or 12. I didn't even notice that I'd stopped seeing them until much later in my life when I began questioning why we're here, what's it all about, where did we come from, etc, etc. Since I remembered the colours, I've tried to see them again and very rarely do I sometimes catch a glimpse out of the corner of my eye but I'm never sure if it's just my imagination because I definitely can't look at them directly and be mesmerised by them like I used to be.

When I was in my late teens I learned that my mum had an oobe whilst in labour with me. She doesn't like to talk about it so it's a subject that isn't discussed. She also had vivid dreams, as a child, of strange beings coming to get her and take her away. They had bodies of humans and very large heads of teddy bears or fluffy rabbits, etc. These dreams were so frightening, real and vivid to her that they still terrify her to this day. She grew up in a house were her dad was Catholic and her mum Church of England. Her dad was a practicing Catholic but her mum never went to church except for the usual family gatherings. My mum rebelled against Catholicism and considers herself an Athiest. My dad didn't grow up in a religious household and also considers himself an Athiest. Because of their beliefs neither me or my brother were baptised in any religion.

I used to ask my grandad many questions about his faith but as a teenager I can remember saying I wasn't interested in knowing about a vengeful, jealous God. Those biblical descriptions of God just didn't ring true with me so I began researching many religions but never subscribed to any one in particular.

When I was in my early 20s my first daughter was stillborn. I knew she'd died before labour had to be induced and after I held her in my arms I felt an overwhelming urge to have her baptised. The hospital Chaplin agreed to do the service that afternoon but asked me why. I told him it was because of the stories from my Catholic grandad and I wanted to make sure she could go to Heaven. I still wasn't sure Heaven existed (I'm still not) but taking a gamble with my life seemed acceptable but I couldn't do it with my daughter's. My Athiest dad told me, years later, that he spent most of my labour praying the doctors had made a mistake. He'd never prayed before and he's never prayed since. It's amazing how going through a trauma like mine changes a persons views, emotions, feelings. Logic tells me that if there is a God then he/she/it would not have left my daughter abandoned! Grief can do funny things to us.

Weeks later I was lying in bed feeling very low when suddenly small balls of light started appearing out of nowhere and were dancing all over the end of my bed. I'd never heard of orbs then but they match the description. Months later I visited a medium who mentioned this incident to me and when I confirmed it had happened she said it was an aunt, who I'd spent a lot of time with as a child, trying to raise my spirit. She also told me my daughter's soul wasn't ready to be born and had to 'go back'.

(It seemed appropriate to add the above to this thread too)...

During my research I visited several mediums and some were very obviously not the real deal but a few knew about what had happened that night with the balls of light and said my daughter's soul wasn't ready. There's no way they even knew my daughter had died let alone about the balls of light in my bedroom.

My youngest son used to talk about a crocodile man visiting him at night, through a hole that would open in the wall. This wasn't too concerning until my son said he wanted him to go with him. I was advised to put certain crystals in his room and crocodile man didn't ever visit again.

My eldest son used to complain about children playing with his train set in the middle of the night and keeping him awake. They never interacted with him at all and this stopped when we moved house.

My daughter hasn't really had any experiences at all and considers herself an Agnostic. She's very logical about everything but finds tarot cards quite intriguing as she's had experiences with them that she so far can't explain but assures me there's a logical explanation for.

My great-grandma used to get her female grand children to play 'parlour games' such as ESP and talked about the Mercury 'raining down' outside the window and get annoyed that they couldn't see it too...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611

That sounds like it will work just fine! To be honest, I really need to do that as well. I used to carry around a few small items like that, but I have gotten out of the habit anymore. I need some stuff to bring me some better luck! lol

Originally posted by DaringDo
I was browsing topics on ATS last night, and something made me think of the Evil Dead Army of Darkness movie and its plot item Necronomicon and the 'klaatu, barada, nikto' phrase.

Just an FYI...Army of Darkness stole that from the black and white 1951 movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still". Klaatu was the name of the alien (and Gort was the robot).

Such an awesome horror series

edit on 19-8-2013 by Thanatos0042 because: additional quote

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

Welcome to the thread, Maya00a.

Thank you for sharing your experience here. I was going to reply to you in the other thread, but I'll just do it here to avoid all the crazy people over there.

First, let me say I'm sorry about the loss of your child. But, you now have two beautiful boys to love, at least.

There was a show on "The Ghost Inside My Child" last week where this little kid was talking to his mother about watching her from Heaven. The parents questioned him until he finally told them he had to go back the first time because he wasn't ready to come to Earth. He was the first child they thought they had lost.

I have a thread up about this show, and I posted that episode on the last page; my last post in the thread, if you would like to watch it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would like to reply more, but I have got to go to bed. I worked overtime this morning, and I'm about to fall out of my chair.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaringDo
I was browsing topics on ATS last night, and something made me think of the Evil Dead Army of Darkness movie and its plot item Necronomicon and the 'klaatu, barada, nikto' phrase. As soon as I did, I heard a loud noise from a wooden shelf as if the joints were straining or something like that. (I don't know how to explain it, as I can't recall hearing it make that kind of sound before)

Pretty weird coincidence.

That happens to me a lot when I'm sitting here at night by myself watching ghost stories, or something paranormal related. Yes, it is weird. Or, it "feels" weird when that happens.

My t.v. stand just popped as I was typing this.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I just found this thread, and I will contribute more extensively to it at another time as I have to get ready for bed, but I have lived in haunted houses since I was born, each and every place we lived in minus one here and there, were haunted. Having gained quite the interest in the paranormal due to this type of childhood, I became a ghost hunter, forming investigative groups of my own, which spawned investigators and lecturers known from popular television shows about the paranormal, and in these investigations, my group and I encountered a few authentic hauntings, ghosts, shadow people, inhumans (demon) and the like.

Not all hauntings are "ghost" related, but there is plenty of evidence to suggest that some of them certainly are, my goal has always been to determine if the group feels the home is indeed haunted, and then to decide the nature of the haunting.

Ghosts, or the paranormal are real, the only question in my mind is: "What are they?" "Are they the spirits of the deceased?" "Are they Psychical in nature?" "Are they interdimensional, or demonic?" Unfortunately though, the answers to these questions may never be discovered.

Now that I've rambled, I need to go to bed before my wife hits me with something heavy.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Welcome aboard! Great to have you on the thread!

I'm about to walk out the door to go to work, as well.

I look forward to seeing what you got!!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Sorry I haven't been in here for awhile.

Lots have been happening with work ect.

Looking froward to reading your stories here and hope I can help if I can.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Our thieving ghost has been active as of late.

Lighters cigs ect. have been coming up missing.

Dark is upset with me because the last time I had something weird happen when I go to sleep I didn't tell him about it.

I told him well after telling me that there is nothing he could do about it and acted unconcerned I decided that I'll deal with it my self.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've had paranormal experiences all my life from having live in ghosts, phantoms in my room, dreaming the future (mostly mundane, but not always), knowing things I just shouldn't know about people (reading everyone at least on surface), bi-locating, inducing mystical experiences from a lifetime of having them happen, talking with the dead, full on conversations in dreams so no proof there, but it's like I know when a dream is not a dream, but is just astral work, demonic attacks etc, so yeh, you are not alone.

I have some more experiences that I just don't talk to others about anymore, but I think anyone can experience this side of reality, but most don't want to, and that is ok too.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I used to keep a glass of water by my bed to keep the ghosties away. Seemed to work or my intention worked. I downloaded that app "ghost hunter" and it is kind of creepy sometimes. I don't know what to make of it, but I do get very odd things like one night it was quiet for driving about 30 minutes heading home and as soon as I got close it said, "home".

I don't know what to really make of those things.

new topics

top topics

<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join