It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 165
<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611
But I really, REALLY don't want to believe all spiritual communication is demonic or negative. Yeah, it may not all be good either, but surely there are exceptions. Otherwise, why was I given the ability to sense things if it was a gift not to be used? Some call it a curse, but I'm not so sure.

Nice to meet you!

I don't believe all spiritual communication is demonic or negative. I've had a few good ones over the years, but like in real life, bad often outweighs the good lol

Sorry to hear about your injured team member. I hope his recovery is flawless.

I guess this is my concern. I do not embrace the idea of a ouija board at all, I refuse to touch one, but if I am open to the paranormal, and prayers of protection are not enough, then what do I do? What about cold cases... I would love to help solve those with my abilities, if I can. Should I not pursue that because of the dangers?

Never messed with one, but I'd love to watch one as just a Passive Observer. If your faith is strong enough, it should be enough protection for you, but it never helps to back backups.

In the world of survival there is a great saying: Two is One, One is None. It says, always have a backup, because no matter how good the first, there is always a possibility of failure.

If you feel a Calling to use your abilities to help others than yes, you should do that. If you don't feel a Calling, you might want to think it over or at the least, learn more and take more precautions. In my experience, people who feel a Calling seem to have leeway in mistakes and more innate protection than those who don't feel it.

I guess I'm in a dilemma right now. My heart wants to keep on pursuing this, but I feel if I do pursue it, I need to learn a lot more about ridding myself of anything evil. Maybe we can't do it all by ourselves anyway, and that's where the problem lies. This one guy who was doing all the house blessings, Paul Blai, said he stays on the road going to people's houses and businesses about 7 months a year. All because people think they're doing a good thing.

You definitely need to learn to do things to protect your hearth and your vehicle if you want to pursue it. The Internet is full of good information, like burning sage in your home regularly and spreading the ashes on doorjams, window panes and even around the doors and windows of your car. Most are more pagan or wiccan in origin rather than religious, but don't skimp on religious icons, because faith lends them power in this day and age and having them around will help you and help protect your properties.

Still, it makes me wonder... police officers perform a vital function in protecting us from evil, and they risk their lives to do it. Same for Firefighters, Paramedics, Doctors, Nurses, the Military... so many careers go into battle daily with some of the ugliest sides of humanity. Most will say it's worth the danger for the good they do. Doesn't this also apply to those in the spiritual warfare battlefield?

You'll note that all these groups you mentioned work in teams. You should never work alone. Always work with at least as a duo, at a minimum. So my answer there is yes, it does apply in a spiritual battle. The rules of the Ouija board are like that too, don't do it alone. There is power in numbers, especially when you share the power of faith and belief. Also, it's a good idea to have a diverse skillset, for instance if you are sensitive, take someone who has faith, but isn't a sensitive, this helps prevent you from both being overwhelmed by a single type of assault.

Geez, it looks like I've written an entire essay on this subject! Anyone else have any observations to make, or advice, or encouragement, or discouragement? I especially would like to hear from MuMuMu... are you still lurking, by any chance?

I peppered my advice through your thread. Go with what your heart and gut tell you to do. I appreciate long and detailed posts. I hope you find some bit helpful or useful. I sometimes think I missed my Calling with this and that is why I feel a pull towards it so strongly.

TL;DR Summary - Make sure you do research and that your home and transportation is protected first and foremost and then arm yourself with the things that will aid you in your pursuit. Don't do it alone, ever. Always take at least one partner with a slightly different skillset, but one strong in faith and belief.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thanatos0042

But, just like with playing on a Ouija board or even getting my fortune read -- I''ve never done it and get an odd/bad feeling about it and a strong 'don't do it' sense inside myself. I'm not sure why or where it comes from but it leaves me curious.

May I ask if you have any Christian or other religious beliefs? I know the Christian faith teaches not to mess with anything like this.
Another possibility is, you could have deeply-imbedded religious beliefs carried over from a past life.

It could also be your spirit-guide, or a loved one on the other side trying to protect you from opening yourself up to certain negative energies entering your life... screaming, "Don't do it!!!"

I don't like the Ouija board either, but I don't know why getting your fortune read should be a problem.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I just try not to label things so much. To label something a demon in a Christian sense would be to call it an entity that comes from hell, and goes back to hell, a place I do not believe exists.I do agree however that there does seem to be things that can hold or align with a spirit that has crossed. An actual demonic creature would be something so rare, that maybe one in a million experiences would be demonic, and most others are misunderstood or based on a person fear of a weird experience and religious backkground.

I have encountered "demons", so I know they do exist, just that is see a lot of people try to label experiences as a demon when there has been no true indication that there was a demonic force of some kind.

Evil yes, demonic, hard to label. I just don't want to get hung up on the definition of demon. Everything is not black and white, there are many shades of grey between the two.

Kind of like what we deal with here in this building sometimes...
I think it could be "demonic" and believe it did have something to do with a couple of deaths here, but not directly.
I think it took advantage of already bad situations, like the old man who died and who's wallet was stolen after he was taken to the hospital. (it took advantage of a persons mind and caused them to steal the old mans wallet ) and the baby, who I believe died because of neglect and a bad decision (that was influenced by this creatures ability to influence someones mind and caused them to make a bad decision regarding ignoring the babies cries and wrapping them up to tight in a blanket).

The reason I suspect these things is because when I was at the old mans door after he died, I also had the thought about his wallet, and I am no thief, it was baiting me, and someone else who was not aware of what is in this part of the building fell for the bait.

And with the baby, I had walked past that door with my boss and I could sense some sort of disturbance, back then I described it as almost like someone playing with an ouija board, so it seems this thing effects peoples minds and causes some very bad decisions. Is it demonic?

Unsure, but it is definitely not normal spiritual energy.

It tried to take me over at one point as well, but failed.
(the passing out and coming to with the strange experience with pushing something out of my conscious.)

But there are also other spirits here, the ones that welcomed me into the building, and other experiences here, so there is just lots of spirit energy at times. Good and bad...

Roses had an experience last night while I was sleeping, but that is up to her to share if she wants to.
I'll ask her when she gets up.
edit on 8-8-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
May I ask if you have any Christian or other religious beliefs? I know the Christian faith teaches not to mess with anything like this.
Another possibility is, you could have deeply-imbedded religious beliefs carried over from a past life.

It could also be your spirit-guide, or a loved one on the other side trying to protect you from opening yourself up to certain negative energies entering your life... screaming, "Don't do it!!!"

I don't like the Ouija board either, but I don't know why getting your fortune read should be a problem.

I'm more spiritual than religious. We did start attending church when I was 10 or 11 years old and stopped when I was 16. I've never felt particularly religious really, even when attending church. I've studied a lot of different religions, trying to find if any fit me and none ever really have.

I have never been aware of a spirit guide, though it could be a loved one, I do have a lot of deceased loved ones. That one is a thought that has crossed my mind before. That or perhaps my namesake is watching out for me somehow.

I don't know either, each time I've ever made the decision to do that, I've always had something come up or change my mind at the last instant or otherwise cause it to be forgotten amidst other things. It's just odd. One day I may push the issue just out of sheer stubbornness lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by sled735

Roses had an experience last night while I was sleeping, but that is up to her to share if she wants to.
I'll ask her when she gets up.

Tell Roses to please tell us about it. And anytime she feels like giving feedback to another member here, please do. The more opinions we have, the better.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thanks DarkBlade, your post did help a lot. I guess I was in my doubt phase a little deeper than I realized. I've heard so much stuff lately about negative entities being so cleverly deceptive, and then I heard connections to all kinds of health issues, and I kinda went wild.

I think I've narrowed a lot of my problems down to one cause, and I'm going to try some diet changes and a supplement or two and see if I'm on the right track. It may or may not have to do with any negative energy I've picked up, it may be a perfectly normal biological cause. I had to wonder though, because this lady I saw on the show picked her dark shadow entity up at a cemetery, and things went horribly wrong right after. I've done 4 cemetery investigations so far, and my imagination was churning when I wrote my post (or essay, as I referred to it earlier!)

All in all, a calmer head is in charge tonight, and I really appreciate your reply. The Voice of Reason, as it were! A few months ago I probably would have said similar things to someone in a panic over something they had experienced. Now I'm off to read the rest of the posts I've missed the last couple days!

Thanks again!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thanatos0042

You'll note that all these groups you mentioned work in teams. You should never work alone. Always work with at least as a duo, at a minimum. So my answer there is yes, it does apply in a spiritual battle. The rules of the Ouija board are like that too, don't do it alone. There is power in numbers, especially when you share the power of faith and belief. Also, it's a good idea to have a diverse skillset, for instance if you are sensitive, take someone who has faith, but isn't a sensitive, this helps prevent you from both being overwhelmed by a single type of assault.

Hello, Thanatos0042! Nice to meet you as well.

Your comments on the team approach really makes sense. I have been dumb enough to go all over my work place alone, carrying a digital recorder to see if I could get a response from any questions. So far all but one of my experiences at work (and there are more than a dozen) have been experienced alone.

To be honest though, almost none of them have been situations where I was looking for something. I was going about my daily routine when they surprised me. The one night I had the nerve to use a pendulum and go asking questions I got some interesting responses. I had a partner for the first part, then after she left I continued a little while longer.

I am definitely going to put some iconography in my car and put it out in my apartment, too. And maybe some tourmaline for good measure (nod to DarkBlade!) I just traded cars a week ago, and I've been looking for neat stuff to display. Why not show some of my personality in this one?

Aha... that's where the doubt is coming from. Buying a new car is terrifying these days, especially if you're not independently wealthy. Maybe I'm doubting EVERYTHING right now, even my sanity for doing that!

Anyway, I'm about to go off topic, and I certainly don't want to do that. I will decorate my car with MY personality, and get a little more prepared before venturing out into the great wide open for more spiritual experiences! One thing I won't be experiencing though is a ouija board. I had bad chills running all over me when I read that you'd like to be a casual observer. Ain't no such thing, if you ask me. Once that door is opened, everyone is susceptible to whatever comes in. If you're there, you're part of it. PLEASE be careful about that!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

I'll tell you what, I never ever considered using any sort of crystals. Didn't believe they worked. But on a friends suggestion, and her offer to send me some, I tried it out, and it really did make a difference.
I'm kind of shocked that the tourmaline has been working like it has.

Even spread some around the office ladies who placed a bunch on their desks, and although I haven't asked them if they noticed anything, I have when I walk into the office. The negativity is much less, even in attitudes and attitudes of the residents who come in.

It made a believer outta me.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
*watches as rolled cigarette rolls across the table*

Hmmmm....

Well, I guess I have visitors today....

They are tearing up my building with the construction crew, and we have had two small events in my apartment in two days now, my little cig that just rolled across the table and the other night a tiquillia bottle lid that slid across the kitchen counter...(that was what I was going to let roses talk about but she hasn't had time cause of work)

Kind of know that this stuff will happen while the building is being torn apart and put back together. The spirits here get excited when things get fixed

edit on 9-8-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Did the bar have any water on it to make the cap slide? That's freaky!

So you think the ghosts are happy, or upset, about the renovations?

I've seen countless shows on t.v. where they get upset because they don't like things being changed around them.
Or, in my opinion, I think sometimes things get released that have been bound behind walls beforehand.

For your sake, I hope they are happy, and not mad.

I saw a shadow whisking around my living room several times last night. One was light, and one was dark.
I hope the light one is chasing the dark one away. It makes me wonder if that dark one is still with me from my childhood?

I am totally amazed at how often I am seeing the number sequences too. Most of the time it is 4:44, or 2:22, but every time I look at the clock it is always a sequence of numbers.

I looked up 444, and it says I'm on the right path, and my angels are with me, supporting me in reaching my goal. It said more, but that was the main thing. That's good to know.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I think they are happy that needed changes are being done.

I just had to deal with the police and my downstairs neighbors. I figure I better make note of that here as there was some weird stuff the last few days, and now an argument that ended up involving the police.
Perhaps that is a part of the activity picking up as well. Sometimes you need to look at everything that happens around these types of events.

As to the lid that slid across the counter, no water, and it even hit a plate and made a clack sound as it did. Would take a lot of force to do that, which is why I can rule out anything on the counter causing it.

Now if the lid/cork was on the bottle, then I would have an explanation as I noticed last night that if it is not secure, it pops off, but according to Roses, it was next to the bottle. It slid about 1 foot to the edge where the stove and the counter meet.

The only way that could happen is if someone pushed it. Especially as it smacked the plate on the way by.

(I might add that I woke up at 3 am this morning myself, dunno why, but used to happen to me a lot, this is the second time this week)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Hello to all who have posted since my last visit. As usual, great stories being shared.

Darkblade71,
I know it was mentioned before that activity picks up at 3 a.m., but I never knew why that was until I read it is the opposite hour of when Christ is said to die on the cross; the antichrist hour!

That opens the question of things being more evil that come out at this time something to ponder.

edit on 8/9/2013 by Mindless1980 because: clarify word

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindless1980

Well then why arn't the good spirits more active at 3 pm? That would be my question. Seems my co worker said in the movie The Conjuring,they covered this as well, but I don't buy into it. To me that sounds like a superstition of some kind. But that is just an opinion. I have never woken up at 3 am and had something bad happen, which would be the case if it was some sort of evil hour...lol

But still, you never know...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

And a good question it is.

Maybe because good deeds aren't noticed as much as evil deeds?
IDK

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hi,

I thought I'd comment on the 3 a.m. "evil" hour because quite a few people out there, including myself, do at some point in their lives tend to wake up at or around that hour. It is also said that there is more suicides at 3 a.m. than during any other hours of the day (whether that's true or not).

When I was doing my yoga teacher training some years back, I recall our physiology teacher telling us that people with hormonal issues often wake up between 3-5 a.m. Often people with anorexia and mental problems or just people going through a period of stress may be prone to waking up in those particular hours. It kind of makes senses to me, but who really knows...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OliGoesDown

Yes well, I am totally mental so....

Hi back!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hi, All

The previous discussion of ouija boards has prompted me to offer my 2 cents...

When I was a kid, the only ouija boards I'd ever seen were in the movies. I had also read about them some, being interested in that sort of subject already. But, I had seen no mentions of warnings about any dangers of being attacked or possessed by evil spirits at that point....it was considered more of a silly 'parlor game'. Only several years later did I begin to hear how there was any danger involved in playing with a ouija board....I was raised Baptist and always in church....had seen the admonitions on witches, false prophets, demons etc....but never any specific warning on using a ouija board.

Having no access to a ouija board, didn't hinder my curiosity about the 'spirit world' too much....

When I was in middle school, my best friend's older sister and a group of her friends (in a church youth group setting, no less) became interested in 'table turning' or seances...This occurred in the time frame of when the original "Dark Shadows" was first on TV.....and it may have been what sparked some of their interest. They had received some instruction from a local woman who was known to be a medium...also a faithful member of their church, and never perceived by the townsfolk as evil because of her practice as a medium. She had grown up with this 'ability' and was accepted without question....

After they'd had a couple of their 'sessions' I listened with great interest to stories of the results.

They had used a fairly lightweight, folding card table and arranged themselves around it with hands palm down on the surface.....after a few moments of giggles and whispers, one of them asked if there was a spirit in their presence, and if it would make itself known....The table moved. They asked questions that could be answered yes or no, and even some that could be answered by the table's movement at the letters of the alphabet, spelling out longer messages .....

Of course there were the usual doubts and questions of 'who's moving the table', until one girl (my friend's sister) declared that whole thing was a fake....and challenged the 'table' (or the spirit) to prove itself.....Reportedly, the table nearly lifted off the floor and 'chased' her from the room. After that she was in no mood to help 'us kids' have a seance of our own, but we were keen to try, so we kept pestering her till she did give us some details.

We didn't have the card table, but my friend's mom let us take the shade off an old Victorian looking floor lamp which we placed on a low table where 4 of us could pull up chairs and place our fingers around the top of the shade....very much like it was a large planchette.....and like the ouija planchette, it moved.

But, it didn't just move, it would lift completely off the table, with only our fingers laying flat along the top...with no one 'hooking' a thumb under the edge of the frame to help it up....the old fabric the shade was covered with would pulse in and out, as if the shade were breathing...It was certainly convincing.....her mother (a widow) was so convinced she made us stop, after it spelled out her late husband's name. It was a bit spooky, but nothing 'bad' happened...I did have odd feeling in my arms for a couple of hours after, similar to the feeling I've had after getting an accidental electrical shock.

We continued to have seances at sleep overs, on snow days, or at other times when 3 or 4 of us would be together....we had some interesting things happen, but nothing very scary...once a door slammed shut,(it could have been the wind) and another time one of the girls passed out and hit her head on the table, but she woke right up without channeling a spirit or being possessed. (she could have been faking)..

About the time we had gotten bored with the seances, some one gave me a ouija board. We tried it out a few times, but beyond a few 'messages' we were unimpressed....mostly the planchette would simply go in circles till we lost interest......by then I had heard a few of the 'less flattering' stories about ouija boards...how they would lie, or the 'spirit' that one spoke to would not be who they claimed to be. The board was boxed up and stuck in a closet.

The next time I used one, it was a couple of years later and a different board....and was more peculiar.

(cont. next post)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My Sunday School class was having a Christmas party, and the old town library had been rented for the occasion....the usual round of games were played, cake eaten, gifts exchanged....someone got a ouija board or there was one already there, in one of the cabinets....I seemed to be the only one there who'd had previous experience with one, so I agreed to be one of the participants. Again, there were no mentions of 'consorting with evil', no objections by the adults present ...all church goers and included the Sunday School teachers who watched with mild curiosity.

It did not go in the pointless circles as much as mine had....rather it was pleasantly co-operative, answering yes or no to questions, even spelling out the name of the 'spirit' that was 'speaking'....Causing one of the teachers to comment that she'd had an uncle by that name....an uncle that had been bad to drink, and had died as a result.

Tho she, nor the rest of the adults seemed to have noticed, one of the boys who'd been watching with some interest, had started giggling, and acting silly ( even before the teacher had mentioned the drinking uncle)...very unlike his normal behavior....almost as if he was drunk.

Even after we'd put the board away, he continued to act oddly, even stumbling and falling on the floor, refusing to talk to the rest of us, and sitting by himself till the party was over....behavior I'd never seen in him. I began to wonder that he'd been influenced, perhaps that he was somehow channeling the uncle who was bad to drink!

The next day was a Sunday, and as soon as I saw him at Sunday School, I hurried to speak to him, hoping he'd 'returned to normal', but not wanting to alarm him, I just asked if he'd gotten over his giggles....He was rather put out, as apparently I was not the only one who'd asked him about the behavior of the night before....And he claimed he could not remember any of it! (I knew him for a number of years afterward, till after I went to college, and thankfully he did not seem to have any lasting effects.)

At the time, I only thought of it as mildly peculiar....but as time went on, and I heard more tales of 'possession' via playing with a ouija board, I really wondered what exactly I'd witnessed....Had my friend been possessed? Had he channeled the uncle's spirit? He had only been a bystander, yet was so influenced?

After that, I had a greater respect for what a ouija board might really be able to do or cause.....I haven't used one since.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Wow!
Thank you for sharing your experience! Awesome!

Yes, spirits can affect any member who is present in the room while contacting them in ANY way. I'm sure this Uncle had possessed him at that time. I'm happy this spirit left him, and he returned to normal. Sometimes they attach and it is hard to get them to leave.

The lampshade pulsing is wild! That's crazy! It must have been a very strong spirit to be able to do that! It's a wonder one of you didn't get possessed!

Thank you again for posting. Your stories continue to be amazing!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I was sitting at the computer about an hour ago, and I saw a light reflect off the screen moving across the room behind me. I turned around quickly to see what it was. Nothing was there. My curtains are closed, so not car headlights. They're heeeeeerrrreeee!

Well, at least it was a bright, white light. That's good.

new topics

top topics

<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join