It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 163
<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelofsins

And could you please enlighten me about quantum jumping.

Atomic electron transition From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Atomic electron transition is a change of an electron from one quantum state to another within an atom
[1] or artificial atom.[2] It appears discontinuous as the electron "jumps" from one energy level to another in a few nanoseconds or less. It is also known as atomic transition, quantum jump, or quantum leap.
Electron transitions cause the emission or absorption of electromagnetic radiation in the form of quantized units called photons. Their statistics are Poissonian, and the damping of statistic values of time between jumps is exponential on average.[3] The damping time constant (which ranges from nanoseconds to a few seconds) relates to the natural, pressure, and field broadening of spectral lines.
The farther the electron jumps, the shorter the wavelength of the photon emitted, meaning they emit different colors based on how far they jump.
Although changes of quantum state occur on the submicroscopic level, in popular discourse, the term "quantum leap" refers to a large increase.

Here is my experience with quantum jumping:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here is Scribe611's experience:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think there may be a couple more in here by other members, but I don't have time to look.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thanatos0042

Anyway, my brother tried to burn the board, but it wouldn't catch fire. So he took an axe and broke it up and then it burned. It was also around this time my mother decided my Dungeons and Dragons was evil and burned all my books and dice as well. We soon started to go to church after all those experiences. We'd still see shadow people and that shadow cat, but the turbulence in the house was greatly calmed down after that. Weird things still happened though.

Uh oh!! I've read that burning a spirit board is the worse thing you can do.
It only pisses the spirits off and releases them back out into the environment.

ouijaboardky.tripod.com...

-To properly dispose of the Ouija Board break it into seven pieces,pour holy water on it and bury it.

I found other links saying to destroy it by burning it (while I was doing my search for the above link), but it said to cut it in seven pieces first.

I'm really happy to hear things didn't turn violent after you burned the board.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Originally posted by angelofsins

the palm of both hands had become red as if they were pressed against something for a long time. I could feel some sort of energy between my palms. I had a feeling and so I started rubbing my both palms vigorously for a few seconds. My palms, by then became more red and had a hot and burning feeling on to them.
Is there any term for what I had experienced?

I don't know what it's called, but it sounds like you could use your "ability" to help heal people.
I've read stories that a healer's hands will become very warm, the way you described.
Maybe you should check in to this. You could become a great healer!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

As I watched him hold up his hands about six inches away from the operation scar, even I was doubtful: it seemed pretty obvious that nothing at all was going to happen. But almost immediately Nick yelped: ‘What is that? What are you using? It feels like a three-bar electric fire.’ He found it almost impossible to believe that Jeff wasn’t touching him at all. After ten minutes, Jeff said the treatment was finished. And, amazingly, that was the end of Nick’s back pain. Twenty-two years later, he still doesn’t have any trouble with it. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Hard to say about the door knob. Sounds like it could have been a real ghost.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Thanks sled735 again for your replies.

The next experience that I am going to describe happened to me in march 2005. I did not post this strange experience earlier because I dd not see that incident happen, but it happened to me. It was witnessed by those people who were near me, on that day, during that time.

* Human Spontaneous Involuntary Invisibility

This happened to me in 2005 after that miraculous escape from the car accident. I was mentally shaken. I had gone to a place. I was sitting there thinking about that event trying to rationalize it. I was lost in deep thought and was excessively focused on what I was doing. There were a few people near me.

At first I was sitting , lost in thought. Then, I got up and began roaming in that room. While I was roaming a woman who was there told another person that if he noticed that I was not there in that room for a moment. The woman said to that person if he noticed that I had just partly vanished into thin air for a couple of seconds.

I heard that and tried to ask them what just happened. They did not reply anything at first. Then after a minute or two, that woman came and told me that they had witnessed with their eyes that some parts of my body had partly become invisible to the naked eyes while other parts were still visible. They also told me that had this incident taken placed completely, i.e. I had become fully invisible, I might have vanished into thin air forever. It was her saying that. That room had some people and all were strangers to me. Then one of them asked me if I was a magician and if I wasn't then I must practice magic.

I was surprised by what they said. This type of incident has never happened to me again.I did not post this in my earlier posts because I was not the one who witnessed this event took place but those around me saw that happen.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by angelofsins

So, there was more than one person that saw this? Then that would rule out it being connected to any physical problem with their eyes at that moment.
You obviously have an intense ability using your thoughts, which affects the vibration levels in the space surrounding us.

Nothing on this Earth is solid. Everything is made up of molecules vibrating at such a low level, it makes it "appear" solid. Once a person raises their vibration levels in their mind, they can affect the body at a molecular level. The higher the vibration, the less dense it appears.

Sounds like you had your vibrations so high, it was actually affecting your physical body, and how others perceived it, or in this case, did NOT perceive it.
A person seeing things while in a lower vibration state would not be able to see someone in a higher vibration state... if it were high enough.

This is a very deep, complex subject. One that I advise you to research further.

Have you contacted a professional psychic/medium... ever? If not, you need to. You have some SERIOUS abilities that you need to learn how to harness and control. Think of all the good you could do for people!

At least, I hope you would choose to use them for good, not evil.

Here is a link to the JVP website: www.vanpraagh.com...

Seriously... you should contact him, and tell him about some of the things that have happened to you. Ask that he help you develop your abilities and learn how to use them; how to turn them on and off, etc.
If he can't do it, I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

You have an AWESOME gift! Don't waste it!

edit on 7/30/2013 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Wow 163 pages and going strong! I remember when you were going for 100.
Anyway, my wife told me something that freaked me out a little a couple of weeks ago. I work the midnight shift, so I come home around 8 in the morning. She didn't get out of bed until around 11 and I asked her why she was so tired. She told me she didn't go to sleep until 5 am because she thought someone broke into the house. Apparently she heard the hall closet door being opened and closed (its right across and down the hall a little, literally like 5 feet away) and thought someone was looking around. She ended up waking up her sister and her sister's boyfriend to comb the house. They didn't find anyone, but the weird thing about all this was that she told me my 6 year old was walking up and down the halls before she heard all that noise. I thought maybe he was still asleep but trying to find the bathroom, but she said she put him back in bed and was watching the hallway in case he woke up again. His door is right next to ours so she can definitely see if he was getting out of bed. So now I'm left wondering what the heck was going on with that door. My wife has lived in this house her whole life and I've been around this house a long time. Not once have I ever seen, felt, or heard anything. Not like my house on the next block, that thing was haunted so I definitely know what its like. You feel like someone is watching you all the time, and the house always feels dark. This house is not like that. Pretty weird.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by c_sautter

Hi C!

Good to see you again.

Yes, that is strange. Some of the other members here, including myself, have been having increased activity lately. Wonder what's going on to stir up the spirits?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Good to see you too! Yeah I don't know, seems like things are picking up. About an hour ago, I was in the other room when I heard a loud boom and the whole house shook. I thought it was the beginning of an earthquake but then it was quiet after that. It sounded like a door was being slammed at full force. I'm home alone now and I keep looking into the kitchen. lol

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
There are many things that can cause paranormal activity to increase. Solar flares, thunderstorms and hurricanes, anything that disturbs the electromagnetic field or increases electricity in the air cane cause an increase in spirit activity it seems. Or at least that is something I am suspecting.

During hurricane Sandy another member noticed that her house was having a lot of spirit activity, much more than normal as she lives in a "haunted" house, she also noticed this during solar flares.

If the current theory is correct that spirits use electromagnetic fields and electricity to draw energy from, then an increase in these things would cause more activity I would think. Just something to ponder.
I am kind of going off of anothers experience, and not my own, as I have never had something drain batteries etc, but seems many people do.

Speaking of rises in energy fields, perhaps this thread has something to do with it:
The PX and August 13th 2013

I didn't realize it has been another 20 years and the anniversary of the Philadelphia experiment.
A possible pattern and rise in energy?
edit on 30-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Well, that sounds logical. I hadn't considered the weather, solar flares, etc. as an explanation for the increase in activity.

Makes sense.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by c_sautter
Good to see you too! Yeah I don't know, seems like things are picking up. About an hour ago, I was in the other room when I heard a loud boom and the whole house shook. I thought it was the beginning of an earthquake but then it was quiet after that. It sounded like a door was being slammed at full force. I'm home alone now and I keep looking into the kitchen. lol

Do you think that maybe you heard the booms that have, and still are, being heard all over the world that scientists can't figure out a cause for?

We had those in my hometown less than a year ago.
The "smart people" never did figure out what caused them.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well I don't know. This was enough to make the house shake. If anything else happens I will let you guys know.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by c_sautter

Yes, it made all the houses around here shake too.

Maybe you could ask some of your neighbors if they heard it. If so, then this is probably what's happening. But if you don't find anyone else, then that opens up other possibilities.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I can remember being in bed when I was about 5, and looking out the door into the hallway and seeing a ghostly white being that seemed to pace back and forth down the hall. (at some point I dubbed it 'the sentinel') I don't think I felt fear at seeing it, and I don't remember when it ceased to appear. It was a little wispy or smoky looking and had a human shape. It had a peculiar way of moving to it, like a combination glide and walk, and it moved pretty fast up and down the hall.

Around the same age, when I had a bad dream I would blink my eyes until I woke up. One nightmare, I was trying to do as such and heard a voice say something akin to, "That's not going to save you this time." It could have just been part of the dream, but that still bothers me a bit, whatever it was.

Not necessarily paranormal, but when I was young, I wouldn't look at graveyards or the locations where I knew there had been accidents. I could not stand seeing human skulls, and the grey aliens (popular at the time on the TV) also freaked me out.

My grandmother's house was built in the 1800s, I don't know the exact history to it but at one point someone that played football lived there. He had a brain aneurysm and died in the house. One night, my brother, cousins, and I were playing cards in the dining room. I believe they may have been talking about the football player story (as is the wont of older siblings to put a scare in the younger), and we heard a loud crash from the basement below. The next day it was checked out and I believe it was said to have been a brick wall or pile of bricks that had been knocked down.

On a few occasions throughout the years I've heard my name called out with no one around, at least once in the voice of a friend.

I've had dreams that almost seem like they are a 'past life'. Recent one: two nights many days apart, seemingly witnessed two different events from the same person's life. Also dreams where the event played out later. I hadn't stubbed my toe in years, dreamed of it, bam. One where my glasses were lying next to me on the bed and broken. Days later... yep. Had one with floods in Europe, imagine my surprise when I saw a topic a week or so later that there had indeed been floods.

These next ones all happened in my current house.

A few years ago, I was home alone after staying up all night, finally going to bed around 10-11 AM. It was a summer day and several windows were open in the house. I almost always close my bedroom door, so I presumably shut the door and got into bed. Almost immediately, the door flew open with some force. Now, I've been in this house for over five years now, and have never seen my door open inwards like that again, especially when it would have been fully shut or close to it. Needless to say, I was scared stiff. I'm not exactly the most bold individual, so I lay there, facing towards the wall. It almost seemed like there was a 'presence' beside me, and my mind went to the pair of scissors which was resting on the nightstand as if this 'presence' was contemplating to wield them. It also began to feel like something had sat or stood on the bottom of the bed and then was pushing down on my legs.

Eventually the 'presence' seemed to fade and the physical sensations ceased and I mustered up the courage to roll over, figuring if I was going to die, so be it. Nothing. I quickly closed and locked the door, grabbed the only nearby weapon (a replica saber) as if it would do me any good, and eventually went to sleep. A few months back, I felt those physical sensations as if something was sitting on my bed once more. Very freaky.

I have worn a shirt while going to bed for extra warmth - I must move around a lot since my covers are always in disarray. Recently, I woke up feeling as if I had been strangled. It's possible that that morning was the first time in over a decade I managed to move in some way to do that to myself I guess, but seems odd. It also continued to hurt and be sore for quite some time after.

This one started a few months back, I had been working on the idea for a short story and decided to implement demons. Coincidentally, or not, after researching them I became afflicted with severe depression. I also experienced two peculiar incidents: I had been dreaming one of those surreal dreams where it appears like you are awake. I was searching for someone, and he appeared in the doorway to my bedroom. I woke up with a gasp, felt fear, and stared warily towards my closed bedroom door.

The other, I was sleeping and woke up with a start. My head was turned to the side and I could feel something pressing down on my chest. The first time, I woke up, felt the pushing sensation, then fell back asleep. I awoke again and this time thought to myself something akin to, "I know you're there!" then "Don't look, go back to sleep"

The latest: I was at my desk, looked down and saw a shadowy tail move past the corner, thought, "Oh, it was just a cat."
There are no cats here

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This occurrence happened earlier this year, I meant to post it in this thread but have honestly been too lazy

Time: Early March, Alaska, roughly 1:30AM.

Conditions: Early spring, completely dark out, had just gone through another melt so snow was very minimal on the back deck.

Location: My home, daughter was with her mother for her custody period. Master bedroom, which is rather large, has a walk in closet and bathroom on one end, bed on the opposite side, wood floors and a deck attached to a sliding patio door on the left hand side (relative to position in bed).

Miscellaneous info: I am a relatively light sleeper, comes from being a parent I guess, and used to waking up to the odd work call about a network/system failure. The back deck is wooden planking, and fenced with a integrated fence/door on one side. The door has blackout blinds that pull open from either side, and completely obscure vision when closed. They are closed during the night, as they are most times we are not using the deck. The door itself is a sliding patio door that opens right to left, so to open it you would need to stand on the right side and slide it to the left.

Event:

I was asleep, and had been for a while, when I woke up because I heard footsteps crossing the back deck towards my patio door. The sound was even measured and came across relatively heavy, as if by booted feet. I reached out with my right hand to my nightstand and grabbed a hold of my handgun and trained it on the patio door. As I slowly sat up in bed, both hands secured and acquiring a bleary eyed sight picture I heard one more, seemingly lighter, squeak on the deck. After that it was silent. I held my position for a solid half a minute, adrenaline had me fairly awake by this point, before I slipped out of bed and slowly approached the door from the left side, and reached out with my left hand to slide open the blind and see outside. Nothing was visible, so I moved to the right side and opened the blind further with my right hand still at the ready. Again, nothing outside. I flicked on the deck light and there was no sign of any intrusion, no foot prints that I could see in the relatively thin layer of snow, and no sign of intrusion at the gate.

After a few moments of examination I turned off the light and closed the blind. I went back to my nightstand and secured the firearm, and then decided to use the bathroom since I was up. I can't tell you how long I was in there, but it wasn't long as I only needed to urinate. This is where the core of the event happened. I had just finished drying my hands and had turned to step out of the bathroom. At this point the bed is directly ahead, the door to the bedroom is to the direct left, and the patio door to the right of the bed, midways between the walls.

As I stepped out I noticed the room seemed darker. I have a single nightlight on the wall between the bathroom and closet, which would locate it to the immediate right as you step out of the bathroom. It provides enough light for me to see in emergencies, or for my daughter to see if she needs to get me. Again though the light seemed dimmer. Honestly the best word to describe it would be suppressed. As if the light was being shrunk back and dimmed. Or how if you stare at a single spot long enough the area around it seems to get darker, it was that kind of effect. I couldn't see the light from under the door to the hallway either, which is left on again in case my daughter needs to come get me.

As my mind began to register this I saw a shadow, roughly my height, 5'11", move from left to right across the room. Noticeable enough that I tracked its movement with my whole head, not just my eyes. It moved relatively quickly, crossing the room as if taking large strides, though I didn't see anything like feet. I will not say it was "humanoid shaped" but more of just a grainy shadow, no discernable arms or legs.

The shadow again moved from the doorway from the left and at a rough diagonal across the room to the patio door, crossing through it. I blinked a couple of times after, and the room seemed normal again. The light level was normal, and the nothing was disturbed. I shivered, and when I ran my hands down my arms they were covered in goose bumps, I was definitely colder than I was a moment ago.

I waited a few minutes, looked outside again, and upstairs, but nothing was out of the ordinary, so I went to bed.

Strange events, and the first I've had in this house beyond an occasional knock or bump, which could easily be anything normal. This was the first "paranormal" event in it. The house is relatively new, only 9 years old as of when I purchased it, as the second owner.
edit on 31-7-2013 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

When I get a chance I will respond more to your story, but am on a break right now, just wanted to say hi from a fellow Alaskan, although I am in Minnesota at the moment, a few years before I get back up there

Alaska is full of crazy strange stuff!
Can't wait to get back!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Ahh you don't wanna come back here, it's cold! Though this has been an -amazing- summer. Loving it!

A point of interest is that I live very close to a cemetery. My older brother actually has a house just down the road and has said he's seen several odd things, shadows and the like, in his time here. I bought the house two years and some change ago, he's been in his for around 10. He thinks it is just lost spirits passing through. I don't have any hypothesis of my own, this was my first event in my own home.

I am glad my daughter was out of the house though, just because of the way it came -from- the direction of her room. Though since she is upstairs it might have literally just been passing along the same plane.

I wonder, though, if the noise I heard outside was actually "it" entering first.

Edit: Wish there were more groups in Alaska that did work with paranormal research. There's a couple, but I've had no positive response asking them if they'd mind me tagging along. Non-intrusive, quiet as a mouse unless they want me to do something. I would love to see their process first hand. I've even offered to pay to observe and learn. Ah well.
edit on 31-7-2013 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I would do some research on your own about the cemetery.
Hearing heavy boots and seeing some sort of shadow move across the room with lights dimming almost sounds like a vision. When I get visions sometimes, they seem really real, but the lighting is different. Sometimes I see a spotlight on what I am seeing, and other times a blue tint, and sometimes, everything goes kind of dark, like what you described. Seeing as your brother also has seen some weird things around that area, it really sounds like you could go with him, and do a little snooping as see if you find anything interesting. No need for a paranormal group, you can start your own, and it sounds like you are in a good location to do it.

Start local and see what you can turn up

Oh and yes, I do wanna go back up there. I normally live on the southeast coast, so it's not so cold

edit on 31-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Originally posted by DaringDo

It was a little wispy or smoky looking and had a human shape. It had a peculiar way of moving to it, like a combination glide and walk, and it moved pretty fast up and down the hall.

It is said that ghosts (Earthbound spirits) are distinguishable from spirits that have crossed over because their feet will touch the floor/ground. But a spirit who has come back after crossing over will float/glide.
So, I find it interesting that what you saw was doing both. That's the first time I've heard this.
Maybe it has one foot crossed over and the other still Earthbound. :LOL:

Around the same age, when I had a bad dream I would blink my eyes until I woke up. One nightmare, I was trying to do as such and heard a voice say something akin to, "That's not going to save you this time." It could have just been part of the dream, but that still bothers me a bit, whatever it was.

Yes, I can see how that would still bother you.

Demons can communicate with us on the astral plane while we sleep or meditate.
And since this memory still "haunts" you, then I would say it was a real demon talking to you.

My grandmother's house was built in the 1800s, I don't know the exact history to it but at one point someone that played football lived there. He had a brain aneurysm and died in the house. One night, my brother, cousins, and I were playing cards in the dining room. I believe they may have been talking about the football player story (as is the wont of older siblings to put a scare in the younger), and we heard a loud crash from the basement below. The next day it was checked out and I believe it was said to have been a brick wall or pile of bricks that had been knocked down.

Sounds like the ghost of the guy doesn't appreciate being talked about. :LOL:

On a few occasions throughout the years I've heard my name called out with no one around, at least once in the voice of a friend.

Typical mischievous ghost, or demonic behavior.

I've had dreams that almost seem like they are a 'past life'. Recent one: two nights many days apart, seemingly witnessed two different events from the same person's life. Also dreams where the event played out later. I hadn't stubbed my toe in years, dreamed of it, bam. One where my glasses were lying next to me on the bed and broken. Days later... yep. Had one with floods in Europe, imagine my surprise when I saw a topic a week or so later that there had indeed been floods.

It is said that when we dream something that comes true, we have crossed the time lines in the astral plane during our sleep/meditation and saw what was happening during a pacific time frame. Then when we wake up and it happens, it give us a "WOW factor".
This is how psychics/mediums are able to predict the future; they just look into a future time frame on the astral plane.

A few years ago, I was home alone after staying up all night, finally going to bed around 10-11 AM. It was a summer day and several windows were open in the house. I almost always close my bedroom door, so I presumably shut the door and got into bed. Almost immediately, the door flew open with some force. Now, I've been in this house for over five years now, and have never seen my door open inwards like that again, especially when it would have been fully shut or close to it. Needless to say, I was scared stiff. I'm not exactly the most bold individual, so I lay there, facing towards the wall. It almost seemed like there was a 'presence' beside me, and my mind went to the pair of scissors which was resting on the nightstand as if this 'presence' was contemplating to wield them. It also began to feel like something had sat or stood on the bottom of the bed and then was pushing down on my legs.

Scary stuff there! I can relate to that, having something similar happen to me.

This one started a few months back, I had been working on the idea for a short story and decided to implement demons. Coincidentally, or not, after researching them I became afflicted with severe depression. I also experienced two peculiar incidents: I had been dreaming one of those surreal dreams where it appears like you are awake. I was searching for someone, and he appeared in the doorway to my bedroom. I woke up with a gasp, felt fear, and stared warily towards my closed bedroom door.

Depression is a classic symptom of demonic oppression, meaning a demon is around influencing your thoughts/mental health.
The fact that you were researching them most likely opened your mind to allow a doorway for them to affect you.
You need to research how to push them back out, and close the door before things take a turn for the worse.

I'm running out of characters to comment on all of your post. So, before I have to go, I want to thank you for sharing your experiences, and welcome you to the thread. Awesome!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Welcome to the thread, UD.
I appreciate you sharing your story with us.

It's interesting that you never had any activity for two years, and then something major paranormal happened.
Of course knocks and bangs are typical ghostly behavior. The fact that you didn't acknowledge the ghost's presence could have made him "step up his game" to get your attention for some reason. Maybe he needs to give you a message?

Do you know of any deaths close by around the time this happened? Or have you looked into the history of the house to make sure no one died there before you moved in?

Your theory of ghosts passing through from the grave yard could also be an explanation.

I would suggest getting a recorder and ask if he has something he needs to tell you. Or, you could get a medium to come and see what his message is.

Good luck. Let us know if anything else happens, or if you try the EVP idea.

edit on 7/31/2013 by sled735 because: correction

top topics

<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join