It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I have had a very strange life..

(From what I've been told) I've had these "night terrors" since I was 2 years old.
I've woken up screaming, sometimes crying. Because of these terrible things. Well, it started (at least from my memory) with just this shadow man following me. Throughout my childhood it got worse, he would catch me and I would wake up, then when I was 11 years old, it changed, he'd catch me, and hurt me. I would wake up and physically have the wounds from my dream ( and they weren't wounds that could be self inflicted) since then, it's gotten even worse, I've woken up with him still sitting on my chest choking me, and it lasted like five minutes,It scared me a lot, still continues to scare me.
Also, I spent the last ten years in Alaska, and ill tell you, I've had ALOT of paranormal encounters up there; aliens, demonlike things, and spirits.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I've had several different kinds as well. A few I might give their own threads one day, since they're so long. But I've had some strange OBEs, beings, seen a UFO and had a couple of really freaky bizarre incidents of missing time and space involving not just myself but others at the same time.

Idk. Maybe these things really are a lot more common, but so many people just don't notice them or are in denial and brush them off, who knows?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Hey Sled, I have another "change" story for you. My dad passed away in 1991, and for a long time after, he (or we assumed it was him) would leave change for my mother. She wasn't in very good health for the last 14 years of her life, and she usually just wore a duster when she was at home. She would lay it on the bed if she decided to put her regular clothes on and go to the store.

Many times we would go home and find change on her duster, sometimes pennies, but every once in a while there would be several different coins left there. I don't know how many times we've come home and she would yell for me to "come look what John left me!" I know she wasn't faking because I've sometimes been with her when we walked in, and there would be change scattered over her duster.

You know, if they want to leave us money, they could at least leave us some dollars instead of coins!

On a side note, we always thought he was the one who would make the bell on her old telephone ding once at exactly 10:47 every night for several years after he passed away. It was an old push button phone, not the rotary dial type, and instead of the phone ringing normally, it sounded like the bell inside had been tapped hard once with something metallic. It didn't affect any other phone in the house, only the one by her bed.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaleidoscopelives
I have had a very strange life..

(From what I've been told) I've had these "night terrors" since I was 2 years old.
I've woken up screaming, sometimes crying. Because of these terrible things. Well, it started (at least from my memory) with just this shadow man following me. Throughout my childhood it got worse, he would catch me and I would wake up, then when I was 11 years old, it changed, he'd catch me, and hurt me. I would wake up and physically have the wounds from my dream ( and they weren't wounds that could be self inflicted) since then, it's gotten even worse, I've woken up with him still sitting on my chest choking me, and it lasted like five minutes,It scared me a lot, still continues to scare me.
Also, I spent the last ten years in Alaska, and ill tell you, I've had ALOT of paranormal encounters up there; aliens, demonlike things, and spirits.

Oh my!!!
What do you think caused the shadow man attack? Has anyone in your family played with a spirit board? Done any type of satanic rituals, etc.? There has to be some reason this thing targeted you at such an early age. But, then the young are much easier targets. So, it could be your vulnerability played a part in being chosen. Then it attached itself to you.

If this is still an ongoing thing, which you implied it is, I would suggest (very strongly) in finding a demonologist and have this thing exorcised from your life, and your house! That could be life-threatening to allow it to hang around.

In the mean time, do a smudge cleansing around your home and get it blessed by a priest, or clergy from whatever faith you follow. If you don't have a faith, now may be a good time to choose one.

I would love to hear more of your experiences about the aliens, demon-like things, and spirits.
The more detailed, the better.

Welcome to the thread, and thank you for sharing your experience here. Awesome!

edit on 7/22/2013 by sled735 because: typo

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deirdre
I've had several different kinds as well. A few I might give their own threads one day, since they're so long. But I've had some strange OBEs, beings, seen a UFO and had a couple of really freaky bizarre incidents of missing time and space involving not just myself but others at the same time.

Idk. Maybe these things really are a lot more common, but so many people just don't notice them or are in denial and brush them off, who knows?

Welcome to the thread.

I, and all the lurkers, would really love to hear some of your experiences, if you could share a tiny bit with us?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

Awesome, Scribe!!

Hummm..... I wonder why they leave money? What is the significance in leaving coins?

I need to do more research on this phenomenon.

That's a wonderful story, and I appreciate you sharing it with us. It's good to know our loved ones still find ways to communicate with us after leaving this world.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaleidoscopelives

What part of Alaska?

It is a very magical place, in more ways that one.
You ever heard of a kushtaka?

Kooshdakhaa are mythical creatures found in the stories of the Tlingit and Tsimshian Indians of Southeastern Alaska. Loosely translated, Kooshdakhaa means, "land otter man".

They are similar to the Nat'ina of the Dan'aina Indians of South Central Alaska, and the Urayuli of the Eskimos in Northern Alaska. Physically, Kooshdakhaa are shape-shifters capable of assuming either human form or the form of an otter. In some accounts, a Kooshdakhaa is able to assume the form of any species of otter; in others, only one. Accounts of their behaviour seem to conflict with one another.

In some stories, Kooshdakhaa are cruel creatures who take delight in tricking poor Tlingit sailors to their deaths. In others, they are friendly and helpful, frequently saving the lost from death by freezing. In many stories, the Kooshdakhaa save the lost individual by distracting them with curiously otter-like illusions of their family and friends as they transform their subject into a fellow Kooshdakhaa, thus allowing him to survive in the cold. Naturally, this is counted a mixed blessing.

However, Kooshdakhaa legends are not always pleasant. In some legends it is said the Kooshdakhaa will imitate the cries of a baby or the screams of a woman to lure victims to the river. Once there, the Kooshdakhaa either kills the person and tears them to shreds or will turn them into another Kooshdakhaa. Legends have it Kooshdakhaa can be warded off through copper, urine, and in some stories fire.

Since the Kooshdakhaa mainly preys on small children, it has been thought by some that it was used by Tlingit mothers to keep their children from wandering close to the ocean by themselves. It is also said that the Kooshdakhaa emit a high pitched, three part whistle in the pattern of low-high-low.

Wiki-Kushtaka

I swear I saw one of these when I was a baby. (1 1/2 years old)

It stood in the corner of my room daring me to climb out of my crib so it could take me away.
I always thought what I saw was something like a bigfoot with really big eyes...

I think it was one of these.
Being half Tlingit, I wonder how much my genetics played into that.
Alaska is full of strangeness

edit on 22-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Have you told this story here before?

I don't remember you mentioning this.

Thank you for that info.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

No, just about something staring at me daring me to get out of my crib in another thread asking what your earliest memories are.

This is one of my three earliest memories.
Post with memories

I should add that I never knew about my native side culture until much later on in life.
So I should not of seen it, if it was something I was just told about and my imagination kicked in.
edit on 22-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Painting with poop on the wall!!!

Do you remember the consequences afterwards?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

That actually ended up being an ongoing issue until I realized the smell was bad enough to make me gag

I started art at a very young age!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
I travel on a back country road every evening to work. I have been taking this route for the last 12.5 years. There are several routes I could take, but I love to look at the country scenery and sunsets every evening.

When I first started my job I noticed this nice, empty red-brick house sitting on the right side of the road. The grass was tall, almost reaching the windows; you could tell the place had been deserted for a long time.

The first time I saw it I got a very uneasy feeling. I knew immediately it was haunted.
Every night after that, I just couldn't wait to get past it! I could feel "something" staring out the dark windows at me as I drove by. I literately got the chills as I passed this place!

After a couple of years or so, someone moved in and cleaned the area up. It appeared they were planning on staying awhile. They moved some heavy machinery into the shed, and just a bunch of stuff that gave the impression they intended on making this place their home for a long time. They moved out in less than a month.

I mean, moving is a pain in the rear! Why would anyone only stay a few weeks after moving so much stuff in? Why not wait and find a place you were going to be for longer that a few weeks?

It sat empty again for several more months. Again, someone moved in... and again, they moved out shortly after.

This has happened so many times over the course of my 12.5 years driving past this house, I've lost count!

If there was a problem with the pipes, or roof leaks, etc., you would think the owner would fix the problem so he could keep his renters for longer than a few weeks, right?

But, I don't have to wonder if the house is need of repairs; I "know" what it's problem is... a ghost, or possibly a demon dwells inside.

I would like to find out who owns this house and see if my ghost-hunting friends could go in and investigate sometime, but I don't even know where to start to find the owner.
I'm certain this place would have all the ghostly evidence they could carry away! The presence of "something" lurking there is so strong, I can feel it all the way out at the road! That's what makes me think it could be evil.

Maybe some day I'll find out who owns it, and ask some questions why so many people move in and out, just to see what the owner's reaction is. Until then, I'll just keep my foot to the gas pedal and get past it as quickly as possible, as I've been doing over the years.

edit on 7/11/2013 by sled735 because: add comments

I found your reply very interesting!

I'm curious though, what is so hard about just driving up to the house one day , and ringing the doorbell? You will either get a yes or no answer regarding your request to investigate....and regardless of what reply you get, you'll more than likely walk away knowing at least SOMETHING more than you did before. Even the expression on their face after you mention to them your reason for coming to talk to them might give away enough to validate your belief that the house might be haunted.

I hope you consider ringing the doorbell, I'd love to hear a follow up story!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

Yeah, that would be the simplest way to find out, wouldn't it?
Except that no one was living there when I wrote that post.
And I don't want the ghost to answer the door.

Someone moved in the weekend of July 13th, only a few days after writing that.

The reason I don't ring the doorbell is because I work third shift. So when I come through after getting off work, it is very early. I wouldn't want someone ringing my doorbell at 6:10 in the morning before I'm up and awake, would you?
I don't stop going in to work because I'm usually in a hurry where I've spent too much time on ATS before leaving home.

A friend suggested I get the address off the mailbox and look at the local courthouse to find the owner. But, guess what? There is no mail box, no house numbers on the house... nothing.

Maybe someday I'll stop, but I don't want to scare the new renters asking about ghosts either. I'll get my answer soon enough. Let's see how long they stay.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Sometimes the best way to learn is to observe.

I am doing the same thing with certain apartments here, just watching and observing.

I can't go telling the residents that I think the apartments are haunted.

We got a date set for the palmer house, Sept 28th and 29th

That way everyones spouses have plenty of time to get time off for it.
edit on 23-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Yes, I agree. The "observation technique" works better for me too.

That's wonderful!! I'm very excited for you, and I can't wait to hear about your experiences!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

To all members posting here, my time on ATS will be short for the next several weeks. So, I may not have time to always post a reply to your post, but I hope you all continue to keep the thread going. I'll be reading, even if I don't have time to reply.

A family member had an accident last night, and I am taking shifts with other family members sitting with them at the hospital, then many weeks of rehab will follow. I had to take a few weeks leave from work. Things will be hectic here for awhile, but I'll be back eventually.

See ya'll later.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Aw Sled, I hope they recover quick!
Rehab is no fun at all

We'll all keep your thread hopping!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I'm really interested in the 8ft. figure you speak of... as I'm wondering if it was the same thing I experienced.

I would describe my entity as tall (7.5 - 8ft.), he had a small head, very wide shoulders, a very broad chest, long skinny arms with very long claw like pointy fingers that reached down to his knees, with very long skinny legs. He appeared all black and I could barely make out many other features. I almost thought he was a shapeshifter, because everytime he appeared, this other entity went hand in hand with him. It was this dog-like human looking being on all fours with long arms and a very sunken in chest and back. You could see all of his ribs and every vertebrae in his spine... no tail of course, but gray skin. You'd catch him running very fast around the room, and up the walls sometimes... and when he'd look at you, you say these glowing amber eyes, and a HUGE cheshire cat smile with razor sharp teeth. My heart would drop everytime and I felt as though I was going to die... and then BAM, in a blurred fury, he was gone. There was another demon present through all of this, but I don't feel he was related to these two entities manifestations. I was haunted by these two for many months, and have experienced many physical attacks from this gray dog-like being. I see him sometimes, especially when driving. I catch him in my review mirror in my backseat out of nowhere and then he's gone. The tall man, which is what I call him, visits me about once every month or two. He hasn't appeared in my home, or room since last year. I did move though. I catch him outside randomly, just standing there, letting me know that he's still around. He's never done anything harmful to me, but I don't trust him like I have other entities. EVERYONE that visited my old apartment experienced these three beings I'm talking about. Over 11 people have witnessed this, and most of them were so creeped out, that they stopped visiting my old home.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by czechosicilian

I didn't see the creature myself, my sister did. It wasn't a vision that disappeared like yours. It ran past the bathroom window. All I know is what I posted already.
I'll have to post a better reply to the rest of your post at a later time. I've been up too long, and I'm having trouble thinking right now.

I do appreciate you posting here. Welcome to the thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thank you

I have had ALOT of INTENSE experiences, ever since I was very, very young. A lot of my experiences have been with negative entities, which to say the least, sucks. BUT, I'm just thankful that in the past few years, friends and family have witnessed my hauntings. Until someone else confirms what you've experienced, you toss around the idea of being crazy, until the point you've convinced yourself that you are indeed, crazy.

I've tossed around the idea of attempting communication, however, after being demonically oppressed numerous times, without even looking for trouble, you'd think it better to not provoke when there's negative activity. A good number of my experiences have been with ghosts though also, and I've actually enjoyed the company of a number of these ghosts. Some ghosts have even played ridiculous little harmless self made games back and forth with me. I liked it, and use to laugh when I got to freak my friends out with it.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Hi all! I've been keeping up .....just reading along, but thought I'd add something here,.....give the thread a 'bump', as it were....

Darkblade, I live no where near Alaska, but the pic of the mask that you've posted looks rather like something I saw years ago.

It is the earliest 'odd' event that I can recall, and occurred was when I was fairly young possibly 3-4. .......I slept in my 'crib' till I was too tall for it, and this event occurred while I was still a 'fit' for the crib....

I had been too 'talkative' on that particular night....asking 'Daddy...are you still awake' one time too many....I can't remember exactly WHY, but I do remember it seemed important for him to stay awake...

My crib had casters, and was fairly easy to roll on the wooden flooring, so I was wheeled into the next bedroom farther down the hallway, the one that Mom used for a sewing room. It was the bedroom at the back of the house, a corner room, and had more windows than my room. They left the light on, but closed the door, as well as the door to their room....and there was my empty bedroom in between.....so they could NOT hear me.....and I knew it.

I can remember sitting there, realizing that I'd made my parents mad at me, and that it was useless to cry out, or call to them any longer.....they probably couldn't hear me, and wouldn't be likely to come even if they did. As I looked around the room at the sewing machine, and stacks of fabric on the other bed, I saw a face peering in at the lower corner of the window!

It was not a 'human' face, tho it was normal sized, it was brightly colored, with large dark eyes....I was scared breathless! I dove under the covers, lifting them just once to take a quick peek, but seeing the face still there, I covered my head again and stayed that way till I went off to sleep.

The next day, I did not mention it to my parents, but tried to 'explain' the face to myself, .....even blaming my playmate from next door for trying to scare me. ( But even if he'd know that I had been 'sent' to a different bedroom for being a pest, it was highly unlikely that his mother would have allowed her 4yo to go roaming about the neighborhood at that time of night.....besides he was way too short to peek in the widow that was well over 5 ft off the ground! ) Still I let myself 'believe' this theory for several years....

In the years after this incident, I tried to think of different explanations....Could it have been a hobo peeking in the window?...We did live right on the railroad. But the face was NOT human looking. Even a scruffy, dirty, bearded hobo would not have looked like that! And the window was so far off the ground that even an adult would have had a hard time getting their face up to the bottom corner of the window where I'd seen it !

One other possibility occurred to me when I was clearing out a closet in the old house after my folks had passed away.....I found an old Halloween mask that I'd had as a kid (tho I'm not sure if I'd actually gotten it that young) ....it was a cat/tiger face with bright orange and blue markings, and large eye openings. That was the first time I'd connected it with the face I'd see in the window.... Could my Dad have been so pissed at me that he decided to give me a 'reason' to holler ? Would he have gone to the trouble of getting the mask, going all the way around the house in the dark and holding it up, over his head to the window long enough to get my attention?

He did have a semi twisted sense of humor, and had intentionally scared me on other occasions, even when I was rather young....tho he did 'own up to' those afterward, and he never mentioned that instance ....and by the time I'd thought of the possibility, it was too late to ask him.

Still, I had convinced myself that possibility made the most 'sense'....till I saw your post !
edit on 25-7-2013 by frayed1 because: bad spellin'

edit on 25-7-2013 by frayed1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join