It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I think your penny in the head was for me.

I really do.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by sled735

Pennies are usually left by family members. My uncle after he died did that for my aunt and cousins for a long time. I guess my cousins still find pennies in windows when they go places or move.

So it would be a family member, one you are close to.

IMO

This is what I mean, and it is so odd that it would come up on the day after Perry was murdered.
This is NOT a coin cidence ...*pun intended* I had no idea he was killed until yesterday.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by imalitehaus

Hi,
I used to have heavy nose bleeds when I was 10-11 and then again in my early twenties, then they stopped and I haven't had one since (I'm now 33). I often wondered what triggered them - I now think they were stress-related. I would always bleed before 8 a.m., which is when the first class of the day started. And when I was 20+ I was seeing a married man, and had a crappy job - enough to put me under a lot of pressure - I used to nosebleed at night. I did have some experience that I'm not able to explain as a child and a young adult but not at the time of the nosebleeding. Just my 2c...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Not saying this isn't the case, but why would they throw a penny at me? Why not you, since you are the friend?

I don't understand.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OliGoesDown

Welcome to the thread, OliGoesDown.

Some of the members that posted earlier in the thread may not answer you. I don't know if they still visit the thread, or not. Some do stop in from time to time, but don't expect a reply from them.

So, you had an experience when you were young? Would you like to share that with us?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Because he knew I was going to open a connection after reading the experience to see what it could be. If a penny hits me in the head I won't get the message. I already have enough oddball stuff that happens so I wouldn't make the connection and try to open up contact. It never works for me personally. Things that happen in my immediate surroundings are for other people almost all of the time, and not for me. I think you just got used as a third party so that I would be able to pass on a message to my cousin from Perry.

For some reason spirit seems to know way ahead of time when there is going to be a reading or an open connection of some kind, and this was a very fast blast for me as I had no clue Perry was dead,as it just happened last Thursday.

What basically happened was I opened a connection to whatever spirit was hitting you with the penny, and when I saw who it was, it didn't register because I have not seen Perry in several years, and this person was older than the Perry I knew, but really did look like him, in fact I was kind of comparing this spirit to Perry in my mind, but didn't know he had just passed. This was a way to get a message through. Like I have said before, spirit contact, and the whole psychic experience can be really weird.

Kind of like the knocks on the wall you were talking about when I got a knock at the same time you got knocks.

I hope that kind of explains it a little bit better.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
When you began to discuss the penny hitting you, I immediately remembered my aunt's family, as that is how my uncle Willy left them messages for many years after he died, and my cousin is the one who just lost someone he loves very dearly. This has been a family sign for them for years.

Perry knows my cousin Greg will understand the penny.

Sorry it hit you, but perhaps without being hit with it, you would not understand enough to post it, and I would not of opened the connection, because I was very curious as to what would hit you like that. Perry just died, so maybe also he doesn't quite know how to do things as nicely yet. It was an urgent message.

Either that, or my uncle Willy did it, as he is experienced with pennies from heaven

It sounds weird, but well, it is

edit on 30-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Okay. I'll take your word for it, since it seems to make sense for you, and what is happening with you.

The spirit world is a strange place! Love the cat pic!

You explained that very well.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by terma

Yes, you can underline, or make words in bold by using the tabs at the top when you're posting something. Just hit the tab, then type in what you want underlined or bold. It will appear that way when it is posted.

I see the tabs now way up above the warnings; normally I would bold what another said "quoted" to show what I'm referring to, not my own words. Anyway, I quoted to try that and could not, yet I'm about to make this my reply not for a response but just a thanks for the info and interesting thread. Good luck and good night.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
has anyone had a cybernatural experience? some of my weirdest paranormal experiences have been related to my computer. my friends and i think that it could be either a spirit or potentially an unfriendly presence like a demon. what do you think? its definitely paranormal though

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by StarbuckWhale

Welcome to the thread, StarbuckWhale.

Can you go into more detail about what your computer is doing? I need more info.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

But while I was sitting in the living room watching t.v. before bed, I saw a dark shadow walk past in the kitchen.
I got a strange feeling, but nothing threatening. I didn't try to communicate... silly me. I was too interested in the show I was watching, A Haunting.

Nothing happened after that.
edit on 6/29/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

I love how nonchalant we get when we've experienced phenomena like this dozens of times. Like the way you saw the shadow move around the dorm area at work, pondered it for a moment, then casually went back to your book! In this situation, I can imagine one of us one day having a full blown apparition appear right before our very eyes... "Uh, could you please move? You're blocking my view of the TV, and it's one of my paranormal shows!"

Sorry I've not been on for a while. Just trying to figure out what's worth pursuing and what probably should be left behind. I've been thinking that a gift I used to have that is way out of practice was of no real use to anybody, and then I realized a use I hadn't considered before.

I used to be able to draw people's houses when I first met them. Neat trick, but I really didn't see any use in it, so I was thinking of not even trying any more. Then it hit me - a person's home is where their energy is strongest. What if I could hold a piece of a missing person's clothing, home in on their energy, and find their location? Find a body?

The last one I mentioned ties in with a missing person I had some visions on about 10 years ago. I'm still trying to figure out just how to approach that with police, because I graduated with a criminal justice degree in 1985 and I know how the line of thinking goes. If somebody knows where a body is, they most likely either put it there or they know who did.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has "seen" things or dreamed them, and have never gone to the police for the same reasons. We most likely would end up the number one suspect. And I have no clue what I was doing on a certain night 11 years ago; how could I even begin to explain how I might know where a body is?

Some of this has been my internal... or would that be infernal?... struggle of the past couple of weeks. I suppose the best thing would be to create a powerpoint with everything I saw in my vision, plus any feelings, smells or other observations, and mail that off to the detective that was in charge of the case, or the cold case person if they have one. Now, if I only had courage... wasn't that a line in a movie somewhere?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Oh, one more thing before I go to bed. I was texting with my sister today (she lives in South Carolina) and she said she had to unplug the TV in her bedroom, because it kept turning on and off by itself. I replied that it was probably somebody saying hello, and about 10 or 15 minutes later she mentioned that our older brother's birthday was today, and he would have been 69.

I got all excited and said "That's it - it's Ron - they'll pick a day that will help you make the connection to who it is!" He had passed away twelve years ago of a massive heart attack just before his 57th birthday. My family has always been messed up, and that's putting it mildly, but he hadn't spoken to most of us for several years before he died. I never even knew for sure when his birthday was.

I told her to wish him a happy birthday, and it would probably make him very happy. I know she's not 100% on board with the paranormal, and even though she has had some experiences she describes as angels coming around her, she warns me about "conjuring" things when I walk into a place and feel energy. I tell her I don't conjure anything, they make contact with me first sometimes!

There was one incident she had that I feel very certain it was her husband who passed away a couple of years ago. He hung around sitting on her porch for a few weeks, starting about a month after he passed away. She could see a vague shadow, but no facial features. I have a pic she sent me of him sitting in that same chair about a year before he died.

Just wanted to post this before I forgot! Things have been so crazy lately that it's entirely possible.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

I think pursuing psychic detective work would be an awesome way to use your talent. And your right; the house holds the person's energy.
Just keep up the practice until you get it up to par again. Practice makes perfect, right?

That's wild about your brother's birthday, and him coming through. Happy Birthday to him!

Thanks for sharing that with us.

Yeah, I'm getting very desensitized to all the paranormal that goes on around me. I think I've just seen/felt so much all my life that it doesn't faze me anymore... unless it is an evil force. Then, it gets my attention!

I'm very happy to see you back here, Scribe. I hope you continue to visit us. You have a gift that shouldn't go to waste. We can help you in the process of developing it back to where it used to be... as your guenna pigs.

Don't be a stranger.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Hi, I've been reading these posts for about half an hour now, all really interesting and scary.
I myself have had several experiences, however I was either too young or too tired to understand what they were.
Different experiences include:
Precognitive Dreams
Sightings of what I call 'Shadow People"
And others that I will describe to the best of my ability. Also, I will be posting a few things my mother experienced.

Precognitive Dreams

So, I've had quite a few dreams. Many of them don't mean anything or they could just be coincidences but whatever the case, I feel I should share.
When I was about 2, I remember having a dream about flying and then just after my mother coming to wake me up, I remember drifting off for another minute and then I remember feeling as though I was hovering about a foot over my bed and then waking up with a jolt as though I had fallen back down.
I remember is seeing a basket of lemons in my dreams and then seeing a lemon the next, probably a coincidence but oh well. Then I remember dreaming about the Greek gods JUST before waking up and then opening the book I was reading to find the word "Athena". (Yeah...I don't know)
I remember hearing thumping noises (light like someone was stabbing a pen on it) on my mattress and being convinced it was a huge spider only to wake up and turn my pillow over to find a small spider under it.
I remember dreaming my parents were divorced and waking up the next day to discover my cousin was divorcing her husband. But two of the dreams I've had, and they've actually been in pairs were when I dreamt of a girl that was in my Grade at school. I saw her in a field, wearing a colourful dress, with the sun shining on her, pure happiness. The next day we found out that she had died at 12 that day, having suffered a brain aneurysm from which she had been a coma from for several hours since about 3 in the morning. A few days later I dreamed we were all back at Primary school, sitting in a line and I remember we were all in black and white but she was in colour, and I was the only one who could see her.
The other pair of dreams was about my grandmother who has smoked since she was 17, dying of lung cancer or being absent from when we were expecting her, we then found out that she has been considering stopping and starting a medication to help her, something she has never considered before.
Also, I remember my cousin and I had the same dream about my tooth falling out when we were 6.
The latest dreams, one being a horror, incredibly scary, involving a bunch of people sitting in ice water and pulling there blue fingers off, then sticking them back on. Another involving Neil Armstrong and a man and a woman somehow on Mercury having the problem that it was about to blow up, but whatever.

"Shadow People"

There is an area in my house where my desk and computer are, it is right behind the guest room. I remember one night it was about 9, I was home alone (about 13 years old) and I remember seeing something short, with no features except it's outline, shaped like a small person which was smoky black sit down on my chair. I was across the room. There have been 2 other sightings, one by my cousin, when she was six, stated seeing a short black thing walk past the doorway (she was sleeping in the guest room) and years later a friend who was staying over (14 years old) who was sleeping in the same room screamed at about 11. I remember hearing the scream but not reacting to it, being half asleep and in the opposite room, I heard her tell my dad she thought she had seen a short black thing at the doorway but when I tried to ask her more she seemed very reluctant to say anything, almost as though she couldn't remember.
I remember being out one night with my best friend. We were in an old building from about 1927. She said she had to go to the toilet so I went with her upstairs. We passed through a dark musty room and were heading for a doorway leading into a dark room, in which I could only see a small bed. I felt an intense, overwhelming feeling of dread and evil, so intense that I nearly screamed and struggled to catch my breathe pulling her away from it. Even now, nearly a year later, thinking about it, I feel a sense of dread deep in my chest.

Mother's Experiences

My mother has told me of how she was once bathing, and a spirit that she tells me "disliked her" threw a bottle of cleaning liquid at her across the room.
She also tells me of being alone in a holiday house and hearing shuffling footsteps in the corridor which she tells me was an old man who had died in the house, when I ask how she knew, she just says "I just did."
She always warns me to never meddle with dark spirits, never summon them, never play around, and she never elaborates on this. I suppose it's logical thinking but I think she knows more than she says.
Finally, I've gotten this all out.

edit on 2-7-2013 by VioletinDarkness because: bad grammar

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I just want to say how incredibly brave I think you are, if I had seen a single one of those things I'm not sure what I would've done!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarbuckWhale
has anyone had a cybernatural experience? some of my weirdest paranormal experiences have been related to my computer. my friends and i think that it could be either a spirit or potentially an unfriendly presence like a demon. what do you think? its definitely paranormal though

Yes! A very weird thing happened to my mom online about 5-10 years ago...

She went online to this psychic chatroom on AOL (of course never revealing personal info like a name or whatever). One day when she went in there somebody typed only: "Lloyd Eugene Austin". That is the full name of her deceased father!! Yes.. that happened. Like I said, she never revealed any information that day or anytime before that because she is very particular about not revealing any of her information online.

Shortly after this online experience my mom also reported having her bathroom drawer constantly slid open... All the way... No unevenness in the house to make the drawer open and it hadn't done this for years prior to the computer incident. You should also know that inside this bathroom drawer were a few random bathroom items and something else very, very interesting; a brush and comb set that belonged to my mother's deceased father, Lloyd Eugene Austin.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VioletinDarkness

Welcome to my thread, VioletinDarkness.

WOW!
Seems you have a very special gift, dreaming of the future, seeing the dead, etc!

Those are awesome experiences, and I thank you sooooo much for sharing them with us!

Having such strong abilities, you could develop them into becoming someone like Teresa on the Long Island Medium, or Sylvia Browne. I may be talking to a future-famous person.

Please enjoy reading the thread, and offer any feedback on the posts you like.
The member, Blocula won't be responding because he was banned from posting, but he can still read the posts here. I'm sure he appreciates your feedback on his post.

Hope to see you in the future.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Euphony

WHOA!
Awesome!!!

Welcome to my thread, Euphony.

Spirits can use the electricity flowing through electronic equipment to communicate with us. So it could have been him, or he could have been coming through a medium who was on the chat site. Sounds like he was saying hello to his daughter from the AOL chat room.
Cool!!!

Then to validate that he was still with her he made things appear in the drawer that belonged to him... then opened it.

I think some spirits go to whatever measures it takes to let us know they are still with us after they leave the physical body. Especially if they have a message they need to share, or the person they are communicating with is having a hard time with their loss.

Thanks for sharing that! That was a great story!

edit on 7/2/2013 by sled735 because: addition to post

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindless1980

Mindless, I just noticed I never responded to your post. Sorry about that.

Good to see people are still reading. And, thank you for posting the link to the devil post for the new member.

I gave you a star for that. Saved me a lot of time looking it up.

Have a good evening.

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join