It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by terma

Welcome, Terma!

I would say the majority of topics are ghosts/shadow beings, UFOs, and communicating with (channeling) aliens.

But there are experiences with static stick figures, bigfoot (?), other creatures, people hearing bells, nature spirits, OBEs, a visit from the devil, dreams and interpretations... anything and everything is discussed in this thread.

For the new people that may not know, a simple way to pick up on the page where you left off is to go to the address bar, and where it gives the page number, just erase that and type in the page you want to go to.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the thread.

Do you have any experiences to share?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks, now I know how to get to a specific page. The most intense experience for me was with what some people call the old hag--not sure how she would be classified because she is not a ghost or shadow being. She is more along the lines of Lilith in that she is a mythical/mystical being in all cultures.[she has nothing to do with the Lilith Fair or women's rights] She is often associated with sleep paralysis, but she did not paralyze me. She burst through a wall in my house and consciousness simultaneously and instantly started shaking me from the inside as if she had a hold on my ribs. Her intent was to violently wake and lift me off the bed a little as she shook me (reminds me of an AC/DC song now). I have never had an epileptic seizure before or after, but I guess that is the best way to describe it, minus the epilepsy.

She shows up with a vengeance like that and then can manifest herself in powerful waking dreams. I saw her three times after the initial experience, about six months apart. Very scary creature with bad intent and life changing power.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by terma

I'm curious as to how you know this is a female, and why you would call it the old hag?

Old Hag Syndrome:

The name of the phenomenon comes from the superstitious belief that a witch - or an old hag - sits or "rides" the chest of the victims, rendering them immobile. Although that explanation isn't taken very seriously nowadays, the perplexing and often very frightening nature of the phenomenon leads many people to believe that there are supernatural forces at work - ghosts or demons.

THE SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION :
The medical establishment is quite aware of this phenomenon, but has a less sensational name than "old hag syndrome" for it. They call it "sleep paralysis" or SP (sometimes ISP for "isolated sleep paralysis").

Taken from:All about Old Hag Syndrome

So I am curious if you have visually seen this being or heard it's thoughts?

edit on 27-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by terma

OMG!!!
Bless your heart! That has to be soooooo terrifying for you!

I don't know anything about this, personally, and I think you are the first to post here about experiencing her.

But I did see this video on t.v. a few years ago, so I know what you're talking about from seeing it on t.v.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks for that video Sled.
It is the first I have heard of this experience in the last few posts.
I have heard of sleep paralysis but not the demonic experience,as most of the people I have known over the years that have experienced it say it was alien abductions.

Some of it sounds kind of like what my wife has been experiencing, although she doesn't get paralyzed but she did have whatever it is whisper in her ear. We get things touching us a lot too, but so far it has all been nonthreatening,although feeling something trying to pull you out of bed is a bit concerning.
I put my "guides" on notice in case it was one of them messing with her. Also asked them to kind of help out,and so far things have quieted down for the most part.

I hope she isn't also getting "the old hag". That would kind of fit in with what I saw when we first got together though. The creepy lady...but I think we have that figured out to be a nurse or something along those lines as she only shows up when someone is very ill.

Weird, I will have to kind of keep that third eye out for anything "bad" now just to be sure it is not something like that.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by terma

I'm curious as to how you know this is a female, and why you would call it the old hag?

I guess in the same way people who experience the devil know it is not a girl, but then there were visual effects--not the first night because it happened too fast to get a clear image. It's basically the female version of the devil. [anyone remember on which page the devil made an appearance in this thread]

Something about the posted video (thanks): it might be her daughter who helped the most. In my experience the hag wants to torture to death what you really care about; it came down to: if I don't fight back it would torture my dog to near death. That was made clear in the first hag-influenced-waking-dream; changed my life.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by terma

Welcome to the thread, Terma.

Here is a link to the post about the devil:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------
I'm still here lurking in the background, Sled. I haven't had anything to contribute, so I haven't posted in awhile.

Good to see the thread is still going strong. I love reading all the new experiences.

The Old Hag video looks interesting. I look forward to seeing it.

See you all again someday. Just know I'm still visiting, and reading in the background.

edit on 6/28/2013 by Mindless1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by terma

That I do understand as I have had experiences where you just know what it is.

How did you fight back?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Good Evening.

I am late jumping on here because today is my husband's birthday. So, I got up and did a few things, then got ready to take him out for a birthday dinner.

So... I was standing at the sink combing my hair (no one else in there) and a penny came out of nowhere and thumped me in the back of the head, and landed on the sink counter!

Okay.
So, now I know for sure someone is trying to get my attention. Anyone have any ideas on how I can find out who this is? I've asked them to come to me in dreams, thoughts, etc., but I haven't received anything.

Looks like if they want my attention, they could at least come to me and let me know who they are, and what the message is.

I told my husband and he just looked at me like I was crazy. It's one of those things like what happened with my ring setting appearing in thin air, then falling to my feet. Just weird, man!!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Pennies are usually left by family members. My uncle after he died did that for my aunt and cousins for a long time. I guess my cousins still find pennies in windows when they go places or move.

So it would be a family member, one you are close to.

IMO

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

reply to post by terma

How did you fight back?

That's a good question. I didn't know if there was a method to fight back although shamanism seemed to work for the girl in the video. For me it was more about realizing the will to fight back. At first I just thought it was some kind of entity proving its power. Going through my mind was something like: wow OMG okay you made your point. I doubt that was its intended reaction.

Then as I'm thinking about what had just happened--this was before I began to look into demonology--I clearly/visually saw its intent to harm my dog, and that's where I drew the line. It gave me a whole new perspective on evil.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Yeah, well, I felt like whoever it is was, was like... "Hey! I'm trying to get your attention here!"

I mean, leaving pennies lying around is one thing, but they "thumped" me in the head with it!

I know I can be dense, but geeeeezzzzzzeee!

I'll try to get them to communicate to me tonight when I go to bed, although this hasn't happened so far when I ask.

We'll see......
edit on 6/28/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by terma

One thing you have to remember is you are stronger than it. It can't hurt you, if you project your strength of spirit toward it. Sometimes love will work too, so I've heard. Evil hates love.

I know... it would be hard to project love towards something that is trying to shake your insides out, right?

But, if you show fear, it just feeds on it, and gives it more power over you.

I hope you are able to stay strong if this happens again. Hopefully, it won't.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Well, who do you know that has passed on with a wicked sense of humor? Cause that is funny.
Reminds me of when my brothers and I used to get into penny fights and flick them at each other...They hurt.

I think it is a male with dark hair, kind of heavy set with sideburns.

This would be someone in their 50's with greying sideburns....lol
And a very big grin with huge teeth.

A wicked sense of humor...already said that though...
That keeps getting pushed at me. Humor....
That is the image that is coming into my mind as I am typing this out.
*sip*

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by sled735

Well, who do you know that has passed on with a wicked sense of humor? Cause that is funny.
Reminds me of when my brothers and I used to get into penny fights and flick them at each other...They hurt.

I think it is a male with dark hair, kind of heavy set with sideburns.

This would be someone in their 50's with greying sideburns....lol
And a very big grin with huge teeth.

A wicked sense of humor...already said that though...
That keeps getting pushed at me. Humor....
That is the image that is coming into my mind as I am typing this out.
*sip*

Ok, scratch this post, as it is not for you, it is for me.
I just found out one of my friends who I have not seen in quite a few years died on Thursday evening, he was murdered in Minneapolis.

This is the exact description of him, unless you know someone like this who passed, but I believe this was for me.

Wow, that is kind of weird...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

No, I don't know anyone with that description.
My Dad was heavyset, and black hair, but no sideburns, and he was older than that.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I didn't get any message last night... AGAIN.

But while I was sitting in the living room watching t.v. before bed, I saw a dark shadow walk past in the kitchen.
I got a strange feeling, but nothing threatening. I didn't try to communicate... silly me. I was too interested in the show I was watching, A Haunting.

Nothing happened after that.
edit on 6/29/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindless1980
reply to post by terma

Here is a link to the post about the devil:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------

"Satan, but you can call me Lucifer." Then he opens all the stringed instrument cases...interesting. Thanks, I would hate to miss stories like that; not sure what to make of it though.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

______________________________________________________________________________________

I didn't get any message last night... AGAIN.

But while I was sitting in the living room watching t.v. before bed, I saw a dark shadow walk past in the kitchen.
I got a strange feeling, but nothing threatening. I didn't try to communicate... silly me. I was too interested in the show I was watching, A Haunting.

Nothing happened after that.

That struck me because I saw a shadow rise in the kitchen once, it came up from behind the counter.

Is there a way to underline or bold words here?

Sled, the things I've mentioned happened a long time ago; many things have happened since then but that chapter is closed. I do not mean the paranormal has ceased to occur in my case but I look at it all very differently compared to when going through those initial experiences.

To be struck with a penny strikes me as a gesture like tossing a penny into a well for a wish. Perhaps a well-wisher hahaha...something like that when materialization occurs I don't have much experience with. Have you read any HP Blavatsky? She would materialize objects but found it too physically draining, so she stopped doing that kind of thing just to make a point for skeptics.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by terma

All of Timical's stories are good. You can read all his by going under his avatar, click on the member tab. A menu will drop down, then click on "posts in thread" just to see the ones he shared. And he shared many! Ha!

I also did a compilation of all his stories about his boot camp experiences and put them in one thread. He had them scattered all over the place here. They are really good too. Here is a link, if you'd like to read them:

Yes, you can underline, or make words in bold by using the tabs at the top when you're posting something. Just hit the tab, then type in what you want underlined or bold. It will appear that way when it is posted.

Here is a helpful thread about all that kind of stuff. Go back to page 1. This link takes you to the last page:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Is ok, I know what it was now, it was for me.

My buddy Perry was saying goodbye

As soon as I opened a connection trying to see what was bothering you he came in.
A good lesson for me.

Something strange though and kind of coincidental here, as the penny was a sign from my cousin's dad to his family about him being around when they would move places, and it was my cousins x that was just murdered.

Kind of an odd coincidence.

edit on 30-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join