It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Gee, I hope that spider wasn't a brown recluse!
You'll know, if your hand starts swelling and rotting off!

Seriously, if you have any swelling at all... get to the doctor before the poison gets in your blood system. They can kill people!

As for the animals, that's strange. But I suppose more and more animals are coming around looking for food since we humans are running them out of their natural habitat by building our cement castles on their land.

I'll watch the video when I have time. Thanks. And, yes, you definitely need to interview the roofers.

Either start a thread with what you find out, or come back here and tell us. Awesome!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

It never bit me.
I saw it coming.

According to my boss, there are no brown recluse here,
I guess she asked the exterminator once. So I doubt it was.
I am going to talk to the foreman when he comes back.
It's been raining here so they can't work on the roof.
10 guy crew with big equipment.
They did a satellite scan of the roof in order to get measurements.
(want to ask about that too)
Already put the word out that I want to talk to him.
Cool stuff!

Depending on what comes out of it, either a thread
or here, one of the two.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This morning when I went to bed I asked my spirit guide to contact my grandmother, or whoever was trying to contact me, and have them visit me on the astral plane during my sleep. As soon as I finished that request, there was a loud tap on my headboard. I took that as validation that I was heard.

But... my cat was lying on my stomach, and she didn't move to look at it like she usually does. So... I don't know if the pop was paranormal, or normal.
Either way, I don't remember talking to anyone after I woke up. Sometimes it takes something happening in my waking hours to trigger my memory. We'll see..............................................

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
My youngest daughter came into my bedroom on Tuesday afternoon,just as i was coming out of my adjacent bathroom-and shouted into the bathroom;"Hi Dad!'

I looked at her funny and said that her dad was'nt home yet.To which she replied:"But that's impossible-i just saw him walking past my room and here into yours-that's why i thought he was in your bathroom"

She could Not believe he was'nt home,so i opened my curtain to show her,look,no car,no dad.She swears she saw him,and it's not the 1st time she's seen who she thinks is him walking past her door.Once she thought i was in my room,because she saw me walk past her door-but i was'nt near there,she was surprised to find me in the kitchen.

That happened to me once,i went after my hubby whom i was sure i'd just seen enter my bedroom-but there was no one.
Another time,i was in my kitchen,and standing by the furthest countertop from the door which leads to the laundry room-and saw my oldest cat peeking at me from the left side of the doorway,just the head.So i said:"ok Cas,come get foodies" and as i moved to the cat-bowls,i looked out the window-to see Cas outside fast asleep on the lawn! Double take to the washroom-went to check-no cat or dog there,all were outside,except the baby-cats.
My other 2 cats are too different in coloring to confuse with her-and they were sleeping on my bed at the time.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Possibly doppelgangers? Or residual energy from your husband and you? Or a ghost that looks a lot like you two?
Your daughter must be sensitive to spirits like you, huh?

Do you have a deceased cat? Could it have been it you saw in the laundry room? They do come back to say hi every now and then.

Strange things happen to you a lot, don't they?

Good to know I'm not the only one who has these weird experiences still on-going in my life.

Good to see you on the thread, Raxoxane. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Oh la la, doppelgangers. I've been facinated by doppelgangers for years. From the time I was 15 until my mid twenties I had a doppelganger, who was acturally a very real person, cause trouble for me. She looked just like me, dressed like me and even drove a similiar car. I had high school boyfriend accuse me of cheating on him when he saw her out with another guy. My older sister saw her at the hospital wearing the exact same winter coat I wear and apparently she filled up at the gas station two blocks away from my mother's house. I stopped at the gas station one day, and the guy behind the counter started asking me about bingo. He looked at me like I had lost my mind when I told him I didn't play bingo. All of it ended when I moved away, but I'm thinking about moving back home, so who knows what's going to happen

edit on 8-6-2013 by RegisteredUser because: grammer

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I thought I would share an experience my husband had just a few days ago.
My husband is active duty military and gets up at 4 am every morning for PT. A few days ago he got up and started walking into the bathroom when he saw a bright white orb flutter around and fly straight into the middle of his chest. He said it looked like a firefly. I asked him if he felt anything when it flew into him and he told me no. He said he didn't feel anything and he wasn't spooked in any way.

I really believe this is a good thing. I've recently asked a voodoo practioner to cast some spells to take care of a situation. Part of these spells included protective energies for my family and friends. I think the orb my husband saw has something to do with the spells.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RegisteredUser

Thanks for stopping in. Good to see you are still with us.

We had a discussion, and some other member's experiences with doppelgangers somewhere closer to the front of the thread. Interesting, hard to wrap your brain around, experiences.

I read a story in a book by the Ghost Hunters crew that ran into a couple that had a doppelganger in their home. It wasn't causing any trouble, just the husband thinking his wife was in one part of the house because he would see her walk into a room, only to find her in a completely different room. Stuff to mess with one's mind, you know?

The Ghost Hunters said a doppelganger can't hold anything physical. So if you think you have a doppelganger, the way to tell which is the "ghost" is to ask it to bring you a glass of water/drink. It can't do this, so it makes an excuse and leaves.

Source: www.wisegeek.org...

Types:

Many different types of doppelganger have arisen in cultures around the world. A doppelganger may be an "evil twin," unknown to the original person, who causes mischief by confusing friends and relatives. In other cases, the double may be the result of a person being in two places at once, or even an individual's past or future self. Other times, the double is merely a look-alike, a second individual who shares a strong visual resemblance. The goals of the doppelganger often depend on the role it plays for the original person.

In Folklore:

In folklore, the doppelganger is sometimes said to have no shadow or reflection, much like vampires in some traditions. These doubles are often malicious, and they can haunt their more innocent counterparts. They may give bad advice or put thoughts in their victim's heads. Seeing one's own doppelganger or that of a friend or relative is usually considered very bad luck, often heralding death or serious illness. In some traditions, a doppelganger is considered a personification of death.

Does your husband have any ghost experiences from boot camp, or any other military related places he has been stationed? If so, we would love to hear them.
You both may find my thread "Ghosts at Bootcamp" an interesting read:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for the orb entering your husband... could be what you said.
I hope it's what you think it is, and not something else.

edit on 6/8/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I'm pretty sure what happened is a good thing. I've noticed a few positive changes in him lately.

As for the military experiences, the house we lived in with Fred was on post housing.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RegisteredUser

Hi RU,i go that once.I was living in Johannesburg,one of my country's major cities.I was about to get into a taxi,when i was spun around by the arm,by some young guy.Who was immediately sorry-but then told me"I swear i was'nt being an ass-i swear you look EXACTLY like a girl i know-looking at you now,i cannot believe it is not her"

Those days i was working hard,and when i had free time,partying hard,so i really did'nt wanna explore the implications,but that young guy who bothered me,was absolutely upset and he could not believe his eyes.I told him to shove off+he did,but i could tell,his freaked-outness was genuine.

For so many years,i was kept busy,like a hamster on a treadmill,and then one night,something changed-idk what,on pain of torture-and then nothing was ever the same again.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Possibly residual energy,that's what i would think.

My hubby jokes about being able of bi-location,but he refuses to discuss anything about that with me beyond a joke.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hi sled,i forgot to say,yes we have deceased cats,also a deceased dog who loved me to the point of absurdity.And a very good human friend,an elderly lady who passed on last year,about whom i have had a mildly disturbing dream.

Yes,strange things do happen to me+mine often,its always been that way+i accept it.Since tiny childhood,always.
Myself and the hubby have both extremely strong personalities,and i can imagine its not impossible that we leave imprints.I was actually seeing that as the propable explanation for this?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Last night was terrible

I went to bed around 2:30 or 3 am and I turned everything off and I kept hearing popping sounds it's like once everything turned off it was nothing but popping sounds. I thought maybe somebody turned the heat on because that's what it sounded like but no heat was on. And the popping sounds were coming from all over the house. I could hear them downstaris. What started it I think was at about 1:30 I thought I heard somebody trying to open the window on the downstairs bedroom and I looked out my window and nothing. (the window is nailed shut) and so I was walking around the yard trying to see if anybody was hiding (we had a TP incident last week) and nobody was out there at all. Though when I walked by the downstairs window I got kind of creeped out like something was going to like show itself down in the room.

Anyway when I went to bed and heard all the popping I kinda felt that something was also going to show itself in my room too, in the downstairs window I pictured a girl but in my room I pictured a man. I could also hear what sounded like talking coming from that room too I could hear the vibrations. I went down there earlier and the tv in there was not on and when I walked past that window it was pitch black so nothing was on. I finally had to go to sleep with my tv on to drown out the poppings and I think I ended up waking up and turning off the tv at 5 or 6 am.

I've posted some stories on here before but I do live in a haunted house. The first night here I was in 3rd grade and I ended up seeing a ghost a full blown figure it was black with a trench coat and a fedora hat. It walked down the hallway I think turned into my room walked across my bed and disappeared out the wall. And for a few years after that we've had things fall off, being hid, my mom and I used to see flashes out of the corner of our eyes. and one time I saw ahat levitate about a foot off the ground and drop. that lasted 5 years and we really didn't pay too much attention to it and it went away for 10 or 15 years and then came back for maybe a year and then went away and the last occurance was 3 or 4 summers ago where it was pretty bad for 3-4 days and then haven't heard anything until last night.

I know my mom has seen atleast 2 weird things. we had a cookie jar it was a cow and when you removed it's head it would moo. well I guess a few times at night the cow would just moo on it's own. And then I think one christmas she started freaking out because she was hearing voices from the closet. I mean she was freaking out.

my dad I'm not sure on but I know that one night he greyed overnight and I think that only happens when something shocks you bad but he's never said a thing about it.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

It's good to see you again, Sandman. You haven't posted since last fall. I always appreciate knowing people who have posted in the past sort of keep up with the thread. Thanks for coming to share with us.

Yes, you shared your story about the "thing" with the cape and hat before, I think. That would be really terrifying if it happened to me at that young age!
But, I definitely can relate!

The popping... hummmmm.......... I don't know.
Could it be your house settling from the heat of the day after it starts to cool down? It could be paranormal, of course, especially since you "felt" a presence also.

Thanks for coming back. Let us know how it goes if anything else happens.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I thought I posted in this thread before I just wasn't sure. Yeah when I get something paranormal I post it here it's just not as lively as it once was. we might get something every few years or so and then it'll just go dead. I haven't found a pattern yet though. It just seems random.

It could be that because it was I think 75 that day and within an hour or two it was down to 55 I think it was. The only reason I don't think it was that is because this has never happened before. Even when we've had other hot days I've never heard that kind of popping either. I did hear my computer screen and tv pop also and that's not too unusual. Also the temperature stayed at about 55 for 5 or more hours before I went to bed. and when I woke up to turn my tv off I didn't hear any popping at all.

And usually I don't feel creepy anywhere in the house anymore, I did get creeped out downstairs the first few years we lived here. And I have had the super evil presence in my room a few times and it was kind of similar to that but not totally it just felt like something was going to appear. The other thing that I didn't mention is that last week I don't remember the say I was taking a nap and I woke up because I thought I heard my dad calling my name. He wasn't home and only my mom was here and I asked her if somebody was calling me and she said no. The other thing is that yesterday morning I woke up to what I thought was the doorbell ringing and when I went to check and nothing was there.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Sounds like things may be about to start up again.

Have you sagged your house, or tried a blessing to get rid of the evil spirit/demon? That would be the only thing about the haunting that would worry me. The other ghosts there are probably being trapped by it, and need help to get out so they can continue on their spiritual journey.

Let us know if things pick up. Talking about it will probably attract more things to happen. So.... it's up to you.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
maybe, I honestly haven't felt that evil presence in a long time and it was about 2001ish or so becuase I remember talking to my friend in the navy about it. I did find out that the house was build in 1973 and we bought it in 1987 and between that time there was 7 owners (8 including us). Now we do have alot of turnover in the neighborhood because alot of military people are here, not sure back then but 7 people in 14 years is alot I think. I know there was a fire in the neighborhood somewhere where 2 kids died. But it was atleast a street or two over so I doubt it's that.

I wish there was a way online to check property history that would be kinda cool. I did look through all of the deeds but that was all I could find.

It's weird because it seems things will start up and then nothing, but I will let you know if anything else happens.
edit on 8-6-2013 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Your town historian should have records from any place around there, and should be able to tell you who owned the property as far back as you want to search. You might want to look into that if you can't find anything in the County deeds office. All property deeds are supposed to be open to the public, as far as I know.

It would be interesting to see if anyone died in that house, or what exactly happened to cause the house to become "haunted.

ETA: If you have any idea when the fire took place, you could go to the local paper and search the archives to see what happened, and if it was anywhere near your house... or your house.

edit on 6/8/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Your town historian should have records from any place around there, and should be able to tell you who owned the property as far back as you want to search. You might want to look into that if you can't find anything in the County deeds office. All property deeds are supposed to be open to the public, as far as I know.

It would be interesting to see if anyone died in that house, or what exactly happened to cause the house to become "haunted.

ETA: If you have any idea when the fire took place, you could go to the local paper and search the archives to see what happened, and if it was anywhere near your house... or your house.

edit on 6/8/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

everything we have is online which is cool, I can do a search on the plat number and then the lot and block number and it starts out in 1970ish. This subdivision isn't that old, I live in alaska so there's not really anything old in the major towns other than a few native cemetaries and stuff like that.

I did see 2 interesting things in the deed history there was some kind of insurance claim that was either in the neighborhood or a few houses or something.and then it seems the same 3 families would buy the house and then sell it to one of the other people. Then we bought it. I will have to check the newspaper archives.

for as long as we have been here we really haven't heard of any other places being haunted in the neighborhood. it could be kept quiet I don't know. It could just be our family that's haunted too.

I do have corroborating evidence though, the neighbor across the street she said that she was looking out of her window and caught a glimpse of our screen door and she said she saw a man in between the door and the screen door. She wouldn't lie and when she told my mom she goes I swear I was sober so it freaked her out a bit.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Maybe it was Slenderman!!!!

He'd have to be pretty slender to fit between the screen and the door, right?

Weird!

Souce: theslenderman.wikia.com...

The Slender Man (See other names to the right) is a creature or being with various nebulously defined characteristics and abilities. Slender Man was first mentioned in Something Awful Forum's "Create Paranormal Images". Slender Man generally appears (in modern times) as a tall man in a black or grey suit, red or black tie, and white shirt, with no eyes, mouth, or clearly defined facial features. It has no hair, and generally has normal-looking bare hands. Slenderman typically is depicted in imagery and literature as between 6 and 15 feet tall, depending on the situation, and in video as around 6-7 feet tall. Because of its inexact nature, and differences between series, no one has yet determined what it is. Currently, the two leading theories as to what the Slenderman may be are the Tulpa Effect and Quantum Theory. The internet popularity of Slenderman has spawned a massive amount of interconnected ARGs, collectively known as the Slenderman Mythos.

edit on 6/8/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

new topics

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join