It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suprasummithush
Iv'e been reading the two biggest treads on paranormal experiences, and felted and rememberd a few more of my own stories.

Where is the other big thread? I didn't know there was one.

Can you provide a link?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I've been eying this thread for some time now debating if I should post some of my experiences or not. Aside from the usual 'I lived in a haunted house with a ghost that likes to watch TV at the stranges times' I've had a few experiences that really left me scratching my head.

When I was 18, I worked in a facility that provided day activities for the mentally retarded. There was a girl there who couldn't have been much older than me with severe/profound MR. She couldn't communicate and needed assistance with just about everything. She could feed herself, but needed a soft diet. One day, during lunch, I was sitting at the end of the table almost directly across from her. This girl slid (very quickly, practically throwing) her glass of water across the table right at me. I didn't see her do this, I wasn't even paying attention to her. I looked up, saw the glass and I caught it. I don't have spidey senses with lightning fast reflexes. In fact, I have astigmatism in one eye, my depth perception is so bad I can't even catch a ball or a set of keys tossed to me. I don't know how I caught that glass of water without it spilling all over me. I know that catching a glass of water doesn't sound like much, but clumsiness is the norm for me.

There was another time a couple years ago that I put my hand through a window and didn't feel anything. I was trying to open it. The window was stuck and wouldn't budge, so I was hitting it around the frame, and somehow my hand went right through window. I wasn't hitting it hard or anything, and maybe the glass had a flaw in it, but how does anyone break a window and not feel anything? Nothing. It was as if, I was just waving my hand in the air.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I changed my mind, and decided not to share.
edit on 29-5-2013 by RegisteredUser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RegisteredUser

Hello, RegisteredUser, and welcome to the thread.

So, your t.v. came on by itself at odd hours of the night? That's a little freaky!
Did it do anything else, or just liked to watch t.v.?
Ghosts get energy from electrical devices, so maybe it was trying to use the energy from the t.v. to manifest itself, or maybe it just wanted your attention. I'd say that would do it!

Sounds like you have a "helper" watching over you to keep you from getting hurt by the glass of water and the window breaking. That's awesome.

I see in your next post, you changed your mind. Come on now; don't be shy. You can't possibly tell us anything more outrageous than some of the other members here.

If you change your mind, we'll be here. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Well,I wouldn't call them ghosts . I train with a shaman of a certain faith ,and you are cleansed to be more open to the "other side".
I see things all the time since I began my trainings,but they do not necessarily appear as human,or an average human .

You may see representations of various entities ,or animals ,which can be indicative of certain things .
It's so common place for me now ,I am desensitized . I only really take huge notice ,if its something out of the ordinary .

As far as of deceased individuals go ,I've seen my dad twice ,and a few of my cats came back a few times .
My mom only visits in dreams ,but I'm sure its really her.
She doesn't come much anymore . I think she's completely crossed over now .
I occ see things flitting about in places with tons of that kind of energy too . But again ...I just sort of go ..well ok ,and go back about my business.
I think I'm only attentive if it feels threatening .Which is rare.
edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Wwwww come on .....

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RegisteredUser

There was another time a couple years ago that I put my hand through a window and didn't feel anything. I was trying to open it. The window was stuck and wouldn't budge, so I was hitting it around the frame, and somehow my hand went right through window. I wasn't hitting it hard or anything, and maybe the glass had a flaw in it, but how does anyone break a window and not feel anything? Nothing. It was as if, I was just waving my hand in the air.

Wow, sounds like a near accident I almost had a couple of years ago! I was sitting at the top of a blind hill, at a 4-way intersection at a red light. When it turned green I looked left, right, then left again as I pulled out and saw a van traveling at a high rate of speed heading straight for my drivers side fender. He was doing at least 50 in a 30 zone.

Anticipating the pain of my head slamming into the window at impact, I screamed, "Oh God oh God!" and slammed on the brakes... or tried to. It seemed like the car refused to stop and was rolling ever so slowly, and I even remember putting both feet on the pedal and pushing as hard as I could. I saw in my mind the car turned almost all the way back around from the impact.

I winced, anticipating the impact, but nothing happened. All at once the van was on the other side of my car, speeding away. I was completely out in his lane by that time, and there was another car sitting to my right of the intersection. These are all single lanes. How could the van have got to the pther side of my car without hitting me or that other car? If he had swerved at that speed he would have laid it over. There wasn't even room for a swerve.

It doesn't make sense. I was on the way to see a friend for a reading, and when I finally arrived he looked up at me and did a double take. He said, "You sure are out of sync with today's energy," and I told him I'd just about got T-boned at an intersection earlier. I just thank God that I didn't get hit, and throughout my life I've had a lot of close calls while driving.

The only accident I've had was January 23, 2007. A deer committed suicide on my hood and by all rights should have come through the windshield on me. Somehow, like watching a movie, I jerked the wheel to the right as I tapped my brakes real hard, and it glanced off to the left instead of coming straight through onto me. Still totalled my car!

Nice to know someone else is having similar experiences of having Heaven and earth moved to keep them safe! If you change your mind and decide to share your other experiences, we look forward to sharing even more with you. We really are pretty cool on this thread!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

I don't know that I would call myself desensitized, but the ghosts don't scare me like they used to when I was a kid.
I have something that visits me in my bedroom, but I don't know if it's a ghost or someone having an OBE coming around trying to get me to come with them.

I've visited my Dad on the astral plane a couple of times (that I remember). That is such a wonderful feeling getting to "see" them again!

I've also felt my cat that was my beloved pet for 16.5 years rub around my legs while I'm at the computer. I thought it was my current cat, but when I looked down I didn't see anything and she was on the other side of the room lying in a chair. So maybe it was my departed pet.

It's good to verify these things happen with other people. Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

We named our ghost Fred, and he was a very intelligent being. Fred would turn the TV on right after I turned it off, and one time he changed the channel to watch The Dog Whisperer. This was in the middle of the day. One night he woke me up by shaking the foot of my bed to watch a documentary on the history channel called Prophets of Science Fiction. He was also in my head, and liked messing around with me. Once, in the middle of the day, again, I was taking laundry upstairs to put up and I noticed one of my daughter's Polly Pocket plastic doll dress lying on its side on the floor. I thought to myself that I needed to pick it up, but my hands were full. After I put the laundry up I went back to pick it up and that plastic doll dress was off it's side and standing right side up on the floor. Another time, the toilet's float arm in the upstairs bathroom was broken causing the water to constantly run. I went in the bathroom, took the tank top off, pulled the arm up to stop the water from running, and then put the tank top back on. The next morning I woke up and the entire float arm and float ball was in the hallway and the tank top was neatly on it's side propped up against the wall and the water was running. These things happened so often, that I really wondered if I was having some kind of psychotic break with reality and I was the one doing these things. Fortunately these things also happened to my husband when I wasn't even home.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII

Wwwww come on .....

Yeah.... Really.... It's true, I dont know how these things happened, but they did.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Holy Crap!!

Well, if you can live in peace with "Fred" and not be scared, then more power to you.

I think, maybe the correct word would be "annoyed" more than scared (for me). I would get so tired of this type of thing happening, I would have to put my foot down with some rules, or else tell Fred I was going to banish him from the house.

You have my respect for what you've been through, for sure!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Holy Crap!!

Well, if you can live in peace with "Fred" and not be scared, then more power to you.

I think, maybe the correct word would be "annoyed" more than scared (for me). I would get so tired of this type of thing happening, I would have to put my foot down with some rules, or else tell Fred I was going to banish him from the house.

You have my respect for what you've been through, for sure!

At first it was a little creepy, but then after awhile we started seeing that the things Fred was doing wasn't violent or threatening. He was more of a prankster, I think. Eventually it got to the point where my kids were blaming Fred for everything. They didn't make a mess, Fred did it

It's not unusual for members of my family to pick up a ghost or end up in a house where a ghost lives. The name Fred was actually handed down from my mother. She had grown up with a ghost that became a part of her family. My mother grew up as a military brat and they moved around quite a bit, always taking the original Fred with them. When my aunt moved out and got married the first Fred moved in with her. After my aunt's divorce, Fred stayed with her ex, and he eventually moved on, but not before flooding the house.

My younger sister and her family lived in a house across from a historic cemetary, and they always had visitors. A couple years ago I had driven up for a visit. I was sleeping on the sofa with my infant daughter and the other kids got to stay up late and watch TV. I was a little spooked, left the light on and fell asleep on the sofa while the kids crashed out wherever. Sometime during the night I woke up freezing cold. I opened my eyes a little saw the kids lined up neatly with pillow and blankets on the floor and felt the blanket pulled up over my shoulder, then the light was turned off. I was paralized with fear. It didn't even register in my mind that someone had just put us to bed. After that I really started trying to understand what was going on. Now anytime something happens I ask myself "Is this scary because it's paranormal, or is this scary because it's a threatening experience?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611

Originally posted by RegisteredUser

Wow, sounds like a near accident I almost had a couple of years ago! I was sitting at the top of a blind hill, at a 4-way intersection at a red light. When it turned green I looked left, right, then left again as I pulled out and saw a van traveling at a high rate of speed heading straight for my drivers side fender. He was doing at least 50 in a 30 zone.

Anticipating the pain of my head slamming into the window at impact, I screamed, "Oh God oh God!" and slammed on the brakes... or tried to. It seemed like the car refused to stop and was rolling ever so slowly, and I even remember putting both feet on the pedal and pushing as hard as I could. I saw in my mind the car turned almost all the way back around from the impact.

I winced, anticipating the impact, but nothing happened. All at once the van was on the other side of my car, speeding away. I was completely out in his lane by that time, and there was another car sitting to my right of the intersection. These are all single lanes. How could the van have got to the pther side of my car without hitting me or that other car? If he had swerved at that speed he would have laid it over. There wasn't even room for a swerve.

It doesn't make sense. I was on the way to see a friend for a reading, and when I finally arrived he looked up at me and did a double take. He said, "You sure are out of sync with today's energy," and I told him I'd just about got T-boned at an intersection earlier. I just thank God that I didn't get hit, and throughout my life I've had a lot of close calls while driving.

The only accident I've had was January 23, 2007. A deer committed suicide on my hood and by all rights should have come through the windshield on me. Somehow, like watching a movie, I jerked the wheel to the right as I tapped my brakes real hard, and it glanced off to the left instead of coming straight through onto me. Still totalled my car!

Nice to know someone else is having similar experiences of having Heaven and earth moved to keep them safe! If you change your mind and decide to share your other experiences, we look forward to sharing even more with you. We really are pretty cool on this thread!

Wow! That actually reminds me of a short story Steven King wrote about a woman trying to save driving time and ended up driving through different dimensions.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Probably some sweet old lady, or an ancestor that was caring for you... making sure you were warm.

That is a good way to distinguish the two experiences, asking those questions. A threatening ghost is a much different "feeling" than the other type.

Time to get ready for work...

You all have a good night, and post more stuff for my reading pleasure when I get home in the morning.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Got a new experience.

This morning I come in the door to have a cup of coffee on break and my wife was just heading to the door. She had a weird expression on her face, and I thought she was coming to track me down for something and she says no, I am going outside to have a smoke cause something keeps touching my head. I was like HUH

So I went outside with her to talk about it because I could see she was irritated. She doesn't usually go outside like that. She tells me something kept touching the top of her head and even had me look to make sure there wasn't anything there.. Well, long story short after we talked outside for a few minutes we came back in and it started to happen to her again. Then it started to happen to me. It started to mess with my mustache and beard. I could feel it almost stroking it. I was kind of caught off guard.

Whatever it was did this for a little while. I got one of my co workers to come up and sit down to see if anything would happen to him, and of course it didn't.

Have no idea what it was, but it messed with both of us for a while, more her than me,eventually it stopped, but it was strange.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I have had strange experiences since the age of 2 (yes, I have clear recollections that far back).

- Prophetic lucid dreams
- 2 or 3 OBE
- very strange shadow form warned me of something
- My ex wife and son all saw a 2 mile wide black triangle UFO in 2004 (other witnesses reported seeing it too)
- Shared dreaming with my ex wife on 2 occasions

edited to add: I have never used drugs or experimented in "the occult" I was raised in a strict protestant household, have a University Degree and currently working on an advanced degree. The experiences that I have encountered were at random and in no way was I ever able to "control" them. Each one, with a few exceptions, one being the sighting of the Black Triangle, served as a warning to me personally to avoid a certain situation, or to watch out for someone close to me. For example, if I had not had a specific lucid dream warning me of events that had not yet unfolded - I would be dead.
edit on 31-5-2013 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Hummmmmmm......................
Probably one of the many ghosts that roam around your apt. complex.

Well, at least it was stroking you both, and not hitting you.
Weird!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

Welcome to the thread, GeisterFahrer.

Would you care to go into more detail about the shadow being that warned you? These entities interest me greatly!
What did it look like? Human form; black mass; alien? How did it communicate? Did you feel scared, or threatened?

Also, I'd like to hear more about your OBEs. How far did you travel? Did you explore the universe, or just stay in the room your body was in? What was that like; did you see anyone else while you were "out"?

The black triangle... a UFO. Was it moving, or still in the sky? How close was it?

Awesome experiences!!
Thank you for sharing. I hope you come back and tell us more.

edit on 5/31/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yeah it was strange.

There was also a crow that caught my attention yesterday.

Still wondering about that too. The day before they had hauled a very nice old lady out of the apartment building on a stretcher. No one knows yet if she is ok or not, but the crow would fit into that.
I hope she is alright.

It was the first time in a while that I have been touched. The last time was after that painting I did when I woke up with a hand print in the middle of my chest. So at least no one is leaving marks.

I gotta get a cup of coffee....
*yawn*
Good morning paranormal experiencers!

edit on 31-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

Wow, never seen a black triangle like that, in fact only have seen one UFO ever.
But they are out there.

One of my co workers just had a shared dream with her daughter the other night, they dreamed about a tornado. Her daughters was rather specific. I think it is going to be a rough summer here.

edit on 31-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join