It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I just finished watching your videos, Whateva. Breath-taking scenery in that first one. LOVE IT!!!

I was all relaxed... until I watched the third one! Ha!
Talk about going from 0 to 100 in energy levels!

Thanks for sharing them.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hans zimmer's music is cleansing and good for all my chakras.

I did add the warning about Emdee

i miss seeing them live, but now we can see the full moon drumming here. but i seem more connected during and after when i listen to emdee even if its just on a cd.

so win one, loose one .

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I try to balance these two perspectives. On one side, we have science. We have rigorous methods for proving things. Karl Popper taught us that things cannot be proved, but only disproved. Should I then live this way? Should I accept the premise that ALL THINGS are rendered true or false by this method? Or, perhaps, is it only relevant to apply the method to discrete things, and not to the system as a whole, since, as the philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein wrote, something within a system cannot pass judgement on the system (taken as a whole) in itself. It's a contradiction. You would need to be OUTSIDE the system to apply logic to it.

So how - sorry for my language - the #, am I led from my thought, something I was thinking, to an event in the physical world, at precisely the right moment, to hear the exact thing I'm thinking about, which is actually very meaningful to me. How does someone explain that? Coincidence? Chaos? How can anyone plausibly say that, when almost every person has experienced a synchroncity. They aren't that rare. Their frequent occurrence in the meaningful way that they appear is beyond probability.

I honestly feel like punching those scientists who so arrogantly pronounce that "nope...No free will, no transcendent realm".."only science will lead us". It is so utterly extreme. It ignores important evidences like synchroncities, NDE's, psychic knowledge, etc. Taken together, these subject contradict our myopic idea for how the world works. In reality, there's a level of mind that interacts with all minds. At en even higher level, this very physical world might be nothing more than a projected hologram - if you will - of an astral reality, which in turn conforms to the form of our thoughts and feelings. The microcosm (man) macrocosm (world) metaphysical distinction made by so many religious systems appears to be a fundamentally true intuition.

I'm sorry for any irritation. I just finished reading a chapter in the Anatomy of Violence (by Adrian Raine) where he "sadly" breaks the truth to his obviously dumb readers, sorry, theres no such thing as Free will - its a mere mirage. And whats really pathetic is the examples he gave. The reason I picked his book up and read it is not because I have an interest in neuroscience, saw a picture of a brain, and thought, cool, a neuroscience book. No, Mr. professor of psychiatry informs his unenlightened readers that they all had some morbid fascination with violence, or something like that, for why they picked up his book. Even though I, a reader, had no such thoughts, and could not with any honesty admit to the presence of any of those thoughts. My "social agent" was different. I find neuroscience interesting. Oh. And If I chose to stop reading the book, I am dubbed no more than a shill of my "bolshie brain" that makes defiant when challenged.

In any case, his examples are really beside the point. My ability to "impose" will upon my body - to jettison an action when it's thought, and choose another, implies the presence of a causal agent. And no, It strains credulity to argue that my ability to "defy" one thought for another is the "bolshie brain" in motion. And even then, what does that imply? This self against itself? This decider? It's far too simplistic to say that biology and environment determine behavior. Biology and environment are deterministic factors, but they work against the presence of a Free Will. Yes, it can be severely constrained. Sometimes, it's a mere fraction of a percent - so long as it remains ignorant of itself. But once it gains understanding, it gains in awareness of it's freedom. It has the freedom, for instance, to take a stance towards its own suffering. To choose meaning. So long as the intermediate brain antenna is working fine, the self can freely will the life it wants to live.

Synchroncity, is it has any meaning, is definitely there to remind us of the mystery beyond ourselves. It's a shame more scientists don't have the humility to recognize it.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FelineCurious
reply to post by Scribe611

As regards the past life how did it feel being told that? Did it resonate with you?

Actually it kind of made sense. He described the wounds I had that eventually killed me, which included a head wound to my right temple and losing my hearing in my right ear. When I was born my mother said I had a big strawberry looking birthmark on my temple, but it went away. She couldn't remember which side; could have easily been on the right.

Due to someone firing a rifle before I got my hearing protectors on several years back, I have intermittent hearing loss on the right side. Occasionally something pops and I can hear clearly, but then it eventually goes back to slightly muted and losing much of the higher range of sounds. I believe it has something to do with the tiny bones behind the eardrum. One may have been broken and the shifts from pressure or swallowing just right and creating a vacuum in my eustachian tube (runs from ear to throat) probably moves it back into place for a short time.

Anyway, my friend's vision of me in that past life, the wounds matching current issues I have today, plus the fact that "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" has had a deep effect on me from the first time I heard it makes me think he may be right. I still get chills just thinking about that song, and the first time I heard it I froze in my tracks and stared at the radio until it finished. I wasn't even in my teens when I heard it the first time.

To this day when I hear it start, I suck in my breath and focus 100% on that song. Waves of chills rush all over me, and my heart races a bit. So yeah, I guess you could call that resonance!

My friend added that he hadn't seen anybody come in with so much of other people's karma attached to them in a long time. Lately I've been wondering if perhaps I was given the gift of being able to sense spirits and help them cross over to make up for some of the guilt I carried about my own stubbornness causing the deaths of so many people.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that my friend said in the steamboat explosion I lost vision in my right eye... and according to the eye charts, I'm legally blind in that eye without my glasses!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

Wow! You put a lot of thought into your post, and it was also very well written.

Thank you for your participation in the thread.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611

Anyway, my friend's vision of me in that past life, the wounds matching current issues I have today, plus the fact that "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" has had a deep effect on me from the first time I heard it makes me think he may be right. I still get chills just thinking about that song, and the first time I heard it I froze in my tracks and stared at the radio until it finished. I wasn't even in my teens when I heard it the first time.

To this day when I hear it start, I suck in my breath and focus 100% on that song. Waves of chills rush all over me, and my heart races a bit. So yeah, I guess you could call that resonance!

Wow! That's pretty amazing!

For you...Enjoy, my friend...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Wow, Scribe and Sled...

My uncle helped to repair the Edmund Fitzgerald a little while before it sank. I grew up on the edge of lake superior, in Duluth. I used to watch the iron ore boats go through all the time. That song is something that has always haunted me when I hear it. I remember being around 8 and hearing it in Alaska for the first time, and it made me instantly fall in love with it. When I moved to Duluth and found myself in the exact harbor that the Edmund Fitzgerald used to dock in and a memorial in the marine museum to it, I was blown away. I had instant respect for Lake Superior. Forgive me for not adding something paranormal, but I have seen Lake Superior throw ore boats around before,and grew up on it's shore. and I had to just share that with you because if you could see the storms and waves on that lake, maybe it is paranormal....
Wow, you both just brought a tear to my eye

Incredible, I am speechless. That's a first...
I can't find the video, but somewhere out there is a video of when they went to the site of the Edmund Fitzgerald with the families and they rang the bell 29 times, and tossed flowers into the water, as soon as the bell was done ringing, the boat was invaded by butterflies, I wish I could find that.

edit on 26-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Astrocyte hello. I am a believer in synchronicity, it happens too many times in my life not to believe. Science, for the most part, dismisses things that do not fall into their criteria too often in my opinion. As regards this world being a hologram of an astral reality there may be something in that, dimensions and such. Your post delves deep and is thought provoking. I shall have to read and reread it a few times as it does touch on deeper levels that at the moment my mind is only skimming through

Cryptic, the 'stranger' was a long time before you were born
I'm in my 50's but wow if you were right lol.

Sled, it may well have been a Nordic but I know for sure he was some kind of protector. I have seen a beautiful being on another instance in my thirties which I might relate here eventually.

Whatever, thank you for the videos, I shall have a look at some point today as for now I am enjoying a quiet time

Wow Scribe, I've heard that sometimes one is born with the marks of wounds from previous lives that fade as one grows older, though some stay throughout life. It is a good thing that you help those folk cross over and it must be an amazing feeling when you do. As I mentioned earlier I have kind of shut down abilities but in my dreams I flourish. I have two instances (that I recall) in dreams where I have been in a situation that a few spirits are waiting to cross and I am there and watch them go. Have you ever heard the expression 'death police'? It was given to me in a dream a while back when I wondered why I would go to a place where souls were waiting to continue their journey.

And how's that for synchronicity? DarkBlade's uncle helping to repair the Edmund Fitzgerald

That video with the butterflies sounds amazing Darkblade.

I have a photo taken years ago when I was camping. I'm sat by a bonfire keeping warm and my then boyfriend took a photo of me. We caught a face in the flames. Someone mentioned it could well be a salamander. If I can work out how to upload it I shall add it for you all to look at, let's hope it works.

edit on 26-5-2013 by FelineCurious because: adding photo

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
I posted this in the middle of the thread somewhere. I'm posting again for the newcomers.
This is the spirit of my cousin's deceased husband. He is standing beside a tree he planted at Christmas time when they were first married.
His daughter took a picture of the snow one evening, and when she downloaded it, her dad was standing there...
Oh... and it was a few days before Christmas when she took the picture.
I think he wanted to say hello, and let them know he was still with them.

What do you all think about this? Comments please. :-)

Hey, Sled. That is a very clear picture of a ghost. The story was touching. He wanted to show his family he was with them at Christmas. Him standing beside the tree is significant to verify it IS him, IMO. Thanks for posting.

Hello, and Welcome to all the new people posting. I will enjoy reading all the experiences being shared since my last visit when I have more time. I'm expecting company that could show up at any time, so no time to read them all right now, but I promise I will. I did read and comment on that ghost picture though, since it was first since my last visit.
Keep the stories coming. I haven't been on since last Monday, and I see there are five pages since then. That's great! I'm going to be busy catching up when I get back on.

I loved the information on the ship memories from Scribe611. I saw that when I first logged on. I love that song. And that other one posted by DarkBlade71. That is really sad.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FelineCurious

Interesting, but I may need you to point out where the face is; I don't see one. Also, what is a salamander? I haven't heard that term before. I always thought it was a lizard.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

What about that?! Synchronicity at work!

Thanks for the video. I love that song too. The story touches the heart!
The one about the butterflies appearing was wild. A sign the spirits of the men were acknowledging the people honoring them. Awesome!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

No kidding. I will keep looking for that video,
I gave up this morning cause I got all teary eyed over the boat.

--------------------------------------------------

I see two faces in the fire picture, one in the lower left of the picture at the bottom of the fire, it almost looks like a skull, and then the entire fire looks like a big head smiling. Or at least that is what I see.

Ok, gonna give up the computer so Roses can get on.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindless1980

Thank you for your input on the ghost picture, Mindless. So far, I've only had two responses to it.

I thought it was awesome!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I see something similar to a face in the bottom left. Is that where you see it?

Thanks for sharing the photo with us. I have to run and get ready for work now.

Have a great night, Everyone. I'll check back off and on while I'm getting ready.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

All I can say about this photo is Wow!

This is the coolest picture I have seen yet.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have waited to share this because it will take awhile to type and I haven't had that much time in one sitting.

Growing up I lived in a house that was a little over 100 years old. Started as a simple, smallish, "shotgun" house back in the late 1860s. By the time I lived there it was a 2 story, 4 bedroom house with brick walls around the front of it. Apparently a mason lived there at one time or something, and he went nuts with bricking. But stopped short of building a back yard wall (the yard was HUGE...country living). The "original" house was the kitchen and living room. The master bedroom and my sisters room were downstairs. My room took up the entire second floor, and was pretty big. It was kind of like a loft.

The restroom was through my sisters room (apparently the additions were not well planned over the years). When I would go to the restroom at night, i would be overcome with immense fear. To get there I had to walk downstairs into the kitchen, then through her room at the back of the house. The door that went to her room was originally the back door.

The dread and terror would climax as i went downstairs, and immediately stopped when I went into her room (left the kitchen). If i stayed in the kitchen or living room, the dread would come. If my dad fell asleep in the living room, he would awake with dread like I describe. It only happened late at night/early morning.

While I lived in that house I bought 4 different copies of Metallica's Master of Puppets. Each time i bought one, it came up missing within a week. Of course, they could have been stolen....but i didn't really bring more than 2 folks into the house. Regardless, I just started making copies from a friends tape (the old cassette tape days). I had another 10 or so stolen before i just gave up).

In my room I had a couch, recliner, and TV. I separated my room into a bedroom, study, and living room set up. In front of my couch was a coffee table. I frequently fell asleep in front of the TV on the couch. I frequently had things come up missing while asleep there, too. One Christmas, all the chocolate from my stocking vanished while I was sleeping (it was on the coffee table in front of my TV, by the bannister for the stairs).

My mom and dad are not superstitious. But he recognized many of the same things I mention (some of his stuff would come up missing, too. Like his hair combs he eventually started just leaving in the work truck outside). And mom just settled on the approach of, "If you don't talk to or about it, it won't hurt you". So she only mentioned it outside the hosue, and in quiet whispers.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sled, that is an amazing picture you've caught there

The face on mine that I referred to takes up the whole fire, but now DarkBlade has pointed out the skull I can see that too lol.

Hi Mindless1980, The fire as a whole makes a smiling man's face but as Darkblade has pointed out there is also a skull there if you look closely. This is a brief description of the fire salamander

Salamanders of the Surface World

Fire at the surface of the Earth is associated with flames and anywhere there is a flame, there are one or more salamanders. It does not matter how small the flame is or what material it is burning. Salamanders exist in the flame of a match, in the burning tip of a cigarette and in raging bushfires or forest fires.

The salamanders working at the surface of the Earth are the smaller nature spirits of flame who work with etheric and astral forces, bringing life and alertness to the element of fire.

Small, stable individual flames like that of a burning candle have single salamanders that stand erect within the flame. These are larger than the flame, extending above it around half the height of the flame again. Their bright auras extend in concentric spheres of light around them. They have quite clearly defined pointed heads and their faces exhibit sharp, upward-tilting features. Their expressions show a kind of wild glee. Wings of fiery light curve upward, closely framing the head. Tiny tongues of flame-like energy lick upward from the edges and tips of the wings. The lower part of the form is anchored within the source of the flame, while the top part moves freely with a graceful, swaying motion, elongating or shortening in harmony with the movement and flickering of the flame.

In larger fires with multiple flames, such as in a hearth, a single larger salamander can usually be seen within and extending above the flames. In shape it is very like the salamander of a candle flame. If the fire is burning evenly, it is positioned in the centre of it. When the fire is burning more strongly on one side than the other, the salamander is situated over the more strongly burning part.

In addition to this principal salamander, a number of smaller figures can be seen diving amongst the flames. From time to time, they leap out of the flames into the heated air above, then plunge back into the fire. The more vigorously the fire burns, the more active are the salamanders. In colour they very closely resemble the colours seen in the flames with faint hints of violets and blues rippling fleetingly through them. Their colour can vary somewhat depending on the chemical composition of the fuel being burnt. These salamanders are transparent and blend very well with their environment. In shape, they resemble the salamanders of the Sun.

They're also, from what I've been told, an elemental/spirit that can be both good and bad. The place this photo was taken was in a little copse behind a pub, on a cold rainy night. A few years before someone had been murdered there, if I remember rightly they were burned.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

The restroom was through my sisters room (apparently the additions were not well planned over the years). When I would go to the restroom at night, i would be overcome with immense fear. To get there I had to walk downstairs into the kitchen, then through her room at the back of the house. The door that went to her room was originally the back door.

The dread and terror would climax as i went downstairs, and immediately stopped when I went into her room (left the kitchen). If i stayed in the kitchen or living room, the dread would come. If my dad fell asleep in the living room, he would awake with dread like I describe. It only happened late at night/early morning.

While I lived in that house I bought 4 different copies of Metallica's Master of Puppets. Each time i bought one, it came up missing within a week. Of course, they could have been stolen....but i didn't really bring more than 2 folks into the house. Regardless, I just started making copies from a friends tape (the old cassette tape days). I had another 10 or so stolen before i just gave up).

Wow, do you think it could have been the mason that lived there? It's strange how the Metallica copies went missing. So your sister's room wasn't the original house? Perhaps that's why the feeling abated when you went into her room.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thank you for sharing.
Cool story.

I'm still trying to figure out what these spirits want with our "stuff"?

DarkBlade, and myself have had food come up missing. When I first posted about it, in the middle of the thread, I was halfway joking when I asked if anyone else had spirits that like to take food? I figured there was a logical explanation for this since ghosts would have no need for food.
Then...
DarkBlade replied that he has a ghost that liked to drink his, (or someone's) drink from the glass!

I have also seen other people posting about it on other threads. This left me speechless!
Well, at least I know I'm not the only one who has a hungry ghost!

I mentioned several pages back about my hair barrettes missing from where I knew they were...
Two days passed before they turned up in one of the sink drawers that I had searched thoroughly prior. My daughter said she hadn't had them. I don't think my husband would have any use for them, either.
Besides, he has his own bathroom, and hardly ever steps foot in this one.
I'm just glad they responded to my request to bring them back because I need them for work. :-)

Maybe someday we will have the answers to this mystery as to why they take our things/food.

edit on 5/26/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

That was our thought. Mom and dads room were unafffected. Mine was. I had a small room off of mine that was maybe big enough for a twin bed and nightstand. It was added on, and things were fine in there. My room, at the top of the stairs, was only affeected near the stairs. If i left stuff on my coffee table, it might come up missing. Same with the triple dresser at the top of the stairs. Move into the room about 10 feet, and you were over my mom and dads bedroom,, where it was fine.

The trick became keeping things on that side of the room. However, with music and food.....i would fall asleep on the couch by the stairs, which gave opportunity.

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join