It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Your wife was right for sure!
Almost sounds like Jurassic Park!

Yikes!

edit on 18-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I smoked '___' which sent me into a spirit world and let me communicate with strange beings of light.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by strato

# you ATS for censoring that.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by strato

My two cents:

I come from the desert southwest. I know a little about the '____' that you refer to (regardless of what it was, i am sure). The experiences you have are certainly profound and worthy of further thought. However, i don't think it is paranormal. For whatever that loaded word means. While in an altered state you are just as likely to hallucinate than to have a paranormal experience.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
when I was a kid i had an uncle who had married a korean lady during the war. She was homesick after several years stateside, so he took a federal government job and transferred to Korea (a 2 year contract). My mom and I lived in his house with my cousin while he was overseas (she and I were fairly close back then).

This house.....it had strangeness. The family (several aunts, uncles, cousins, and my mom) say that there was a ghost named Jason living there. I never got a name from anywhere else, and don't know where the name came from. But my experiences with Jason include:

- There was a pool table. My father, who really was a piece of #$*@, came to visit me. I was about 7 at the time. Everytime he came to see me while i lived in that house, i was stricken with horrible stomache problems (the "gotta go's"). This one time was no different. So instead of going out, we stayed home and played pool. He was rather good, from a life hanging out in bars, etc (travelled a lot as a sales and distribution guy). That afternoon i beat him 6 times in a row. Once I ran the table on him. I remember that when I broke, "I Want You To Want Me" by Cheap Trick was on the radio (was a top hit at the time). Before the song finished i beat him. When I hit the ball, even on a miscue, would still go in the pocket. It looked like someone invisible would move the ball. To this day i suck at pool....but not that afternoon.

- I was digging under the bathroom sink. Like i said, i was about 7-9 when i lived there. I was trying to find a spray bottle of Windex. I ended up spilling a couple of bottles and making a huge mess. Mom was already stressed, for whatever adult problems she was having (like bills, etc), so i worried about telling her about my spill. I ran down the hall to get a towel and try to clean up before she saw it. Less than I minute I was gone. When I returned, the mess was gone and everything was in order

- I was in my cousins room. She had a few coffee sized foam cups that were holding some stuff (one had change, another had some beads, the third a half dozen or so dice, and the last some jacks). We were laying in her floor playing Parchesi when all of a sudden the four cups floated over to where she was sitting across from me, and settled quietly on the ground.

- We were playing catch with the football on the side of the house. I had yet to learn to throw a football without it flying like a duck. She was determined to teach me (she is 4 years older). Horrible misfire, and the ball is sailing resolutely towards the window. Right before it hits, it sounds like it was kicked and it went flying in another direction.

I could gather several from other family members from the 10 year period that my uncle owned that house (we often went over for dinner....delicious home made korean food). I haven't talked to anyone who lives there since back then. LOL, they would probably have me carted off.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by sled735

One night i woke up. I decided to get up and go outside for a smoke. After sitting there for a couple of minutes in the back I heard this scream. It sounded like what you would think a dinosaur would sound like. Like it was screaming in three separate pitches at once, giving it a great depth of sound (a high screech, with a simultaneous low grumbling roar and a medium ranged scream). I then heard loud and heavy footsteps. I could feel them in my feet, too. They ran down the hill behind the house at the rate of 2 steps every 3 seconds, give or take. I could hear trees cracking, leave rustling, and footsteps. No more screaming, i only heard that one scream.

Wow! Cool!!!

Sounds very close to my experience with the screams... less the wings flapping!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by strato
I smoked '___' which sent me into a spirit world and let me communicate with strange beings of light.

Can't be sure that was the real deal. Although, I have heard some people say that doing that helps to open their third eye easier.
But, if I saw something like that while I was high, I would come down with a mighty crash!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

WOW! Fantastic stories!!!

Thanks for sharing them here. I love it!!!!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I went out with a friend today to an inside flea market. Several of the booths had antiques for sell.
As I was standing in front of one of these booths, I felt like something was touching me on the arm.
I made a comment to my friend as I was brushing my arm, and asked if there was a hair on my shirt that was tickling my arm? She looked and said there wasn't any hair there.

As I raised my arm to look, the hair on my arm was standing straight up... like it does when a spirit is near.

I showed it to my friend, and said, "See this?"
She said, "Yep. That's not a hair, that's a spirit. Could be someone/something attached to the antiques here."

Has anyone ever seen the show Haunted Collector? According to him, any object can hold spirit energy, and sometimes that energy can be felt by the living.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

What a hair raising experience!

I love haunted collector, so does my daughter. She won't let me forget when it is on tv...lol

My wife had a freaky experience last night, but I am hoping to get her to come tell you about it herself when she gets off of work.

edit on 19-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I look forward to hearing her story. It will be great to get more "new blood" on the thread too.

I go back to the grind (work) tonight, so I hope she gets it on before I have to leave (8:45 p.m.). If not, I'll see it later.

Tell her when she goes to get her avatar to tell them Sled sent her, or that she saw my ad in the thread for them.
I told them I would get them some business because they are bored.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hi Sled, my husband referred me to your thread to share my experience.
I'm not sure how to describe this so bear with me.
First I have to say that i have had many many paranormal experiences, that been said I'll get to the story.
After going to bed last night I was having trouble going to sleep even though i was extremely tired.
I laid there trying to relax and i felt myself finally start to nod off that's when my whole body started to feel tingly as i fell asleep. I'm not sure how much later,but as I started to dream my body started feeling lighter and lighter. I even heard my sheets move though i wasn't. That's when i felt my right elbow start to lift and pull away from me. I didn't jump or scream because i couldn't move.( I have had an experience kinda like this before.) so i started calling for my husband in my head till finally the words came out my mouth,but he couldn't hear me. Once I actually got the words out i was able to move,but barely. I made my way to the living room drowsy and shaking. My husband looked at me with wide eyes and said baby what's wrong so i told him. He jumped up and went back there and stopped short at the bedroom door. I asked what was wrong he said he saw a shadow in front of him,but it disappeared right away. He then asked if i wanted him to lay down with me and of course i said yes. My husband grabbed his raven feather that he uses for protection put it by my side of the bed and he said a little protection prayer. Nothing else happened after that. Well that's what happened last night. I look forward to some feed back.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RosesAreRed

Welcome to the thread, Roses! Can I call you Roses?

Super-freaky experience! I was inclined to say you experienced sleep paralysis until your hubby saw the shadow being.

Shadow beings ARE NOT good, as I'm sure you are aware! I am also sure your hubby knows how to protect you, and I'm happy he was there when this happened.

I don't know what to tell you. It presents more questions for me than answers. Like: was this a real "shadow being", or was it a departed human spirit?
Why was "it" trying to pull you out of your body? Did it have a spiritual journey it wanted to assist you with, or was it just trying to scare you? Did it feel evil to you? I've read that the darker in color the spirit, the more evil it is.

If you are stressing over this, then I would definitely continue the protection rituals.

Thank you for sharing that, and if anyone else has any advise, or comments, please come forward.

P.S. Just a hint, since you are a new member... Put spaces between any long posts, or you will get some flack from members on ATS!
"Walls of text" are hard to read.
Don't worry, I think we all did that when we first joined; I know I did.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yes you can call me Roses!

When it happened it was more creepy than anything. I believe I have experienced sleep paralysis before so at first it really didn't bother me till I felt my arm start to move.

I did have another experience similar to this one as in being lifted. It is the weirdest thing ever.

I was glad my husband was there too! Don't know what would have happened. I will see what happens tonight.

By the way thank you for the tip when i looked at what i wrote it did look like a brick wall sorry about that

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Creepy, for sure!

Well, I'm getting ready to go to work. Thanks for your posts, and let us know how tonight goes. Good luck!

Don't you and hubby get in any arguments about who gets the computer to get on ATS. I know it can be quite addictive, especially for new members.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Creepy, for sure!

Well, I'm getting ready to go to work. Thanks for your posts, and let us know how tonight goes. Good luck!

Don't you and hubby get in any arguments about who gets the computer to get on ATS. I know it can be quite addictive, especially for new members.

We'll cross that bridge eventually I am sure.

I am ok with that though because I am so very very curious to read some of her experiences as well. Sometimes when you are emotionally involved it is very hard to keep a non judgemental view on some things, and I hate that because I know she has some awesome experiences, but I tend to cut her off and give my opinion, it's a fault of mine that I fight a lot...lol

I knew something was up when she came out of the bedroom shaking and had a freaked out look on her face. So as soon as she said something grabbed her I went to the bedroom.
The shadowy thing I saw was kind of weird, but I didn't feel anything bad myself. It did catch me way of guard though. By the time I realized I was seeing it, it was gone. One second it was there, and then it wasn't. I didn't even take my eyes off of it, there wasn't enough time.

The only thing I could think of doing to stop whatever it was from pestering her was to grab that feather keep it on her nightstand, and do some white light protection visuals. Nothing else happened so it appeared to work, although really I think with experiences like that, once it's over, it's over.

I kind of expect some of these things to happen. Once I start to open up things start to happen around where ever I am living. Although I was "practicing" when we met, I was not so open as to start having a lot of outward experiences, and I warned her about these things, that they will start to happen a lot more, because that's just a part of what has been my experience. That;'s why I eventually have stopped for long periods of time, because when things start to happen, they really start to happen.

I suggested she sets the rules with spirit, so that things don't mess with her to much like that, but it is also her experience, so where ever that will lead I dunno. This is the first time I have had someone else who is willing to be a part of my journey, which is now our journey.

But her experiences are something we have not really touched base on to much because of my own tendency to interject my own thoughts. It makes it very hard to share. I am excited that she wants to be a part of ATS, it will help us out a lot more than people would think because maybe she can get some of these things out, not just for me to look at, but for others as well, because I am biased emotionally, and my own ego sometimes gets the best of me when it comes to personal relationships.

Have a great night at work!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

You guys seem to be a great match for one another! Awesome!

I love her choice for the avatar too.

Goodnight.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Okay, tonight outside my apartment I had something really unsettling happen that's never happened before. I have a very special little cat which I trained to go outside on a leash. I usually take him out to explore before I go to work and again when I get home, but today I was in a hurry and we didn't go outside during the day. I promised I'd take him out tonight, which I did.

We usually walk around in front of the apartment, then if he's feeling adventurous we visit each end of the parking lot, which is a narrow rectangle. He acted like he saw or smelled another cat at the lower end of the parking lot, so I guided him up towards the other end. He hates other cats, and goes all homicidal when he sees one.

As we walked toward that end, I felt a little uneasy, like a warning of sorts. Something just didn't feel right about the energy. We took a few more steps to the end, where you can see up & down the road that runs by. I kept looking for something, and got the feeling I had already taken too many steps and we should immediately go back. I had a "bad dog" feeling, and I almost expected to hear claws clicking on the pavement as a huge, aggressive dog ran at us.

I decided to listen to my instincts and go back to the apartment. I picked him up, and he was unsettled too. He kept turning and looking over my shoulder, then back in front of us very rapidly. Suddenly he spat loudly and struck out hard to my left about a 45 degree angle. This was no hiss, when he spat his whole body jerked and he turned halfway around in my arms. I just knew somebody was coming up on me quickly. I grabbed my cat tightly and turned that way, expecting to see an attacker. No one was there, and no one else was even outside anywhere in the apartment complex.

When we got inside his tail was fuzzed up huge. Whatever it was scared him too, but by golly he struck out at it. He could see a threat I could only vaguely feel, and he protected his mommy. He made a few trips back and forth to windows, looking outside for several minutes before he finally calmed down. I probably should mention that he has been seeing things all over our apartment lately, and he follows them all across the ceiling and around me. Nothing has unsettled him very much until tonight, though.

I tell you guys, the veil is getting thinner. More people are having experiences sensing things with all of their senses, and many are experiencing things for the very first time. Animals are more sensitive too, I believe. I've had my little kitty cat for 5 years, and only once other than recently has he reacted to something unseen. It's almost every day for him now.

I just wanted to share this with you guys. I'm so proud of my little tiger!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

This is only the beginning my friends

edit on 20-5-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I have heard that people who are open minded tend to have a paranormal experience, which then makes their mind open a bit more to notice other paranormal experiences that have been going on. Who knows though.

I've had a lot myself. I only count the ones with some sort of evidence, for it's easier to rationalize it.

When I was a kid I used to spend all of my time in nature. I would listen to this stump for information. It was in someone's back yard and I bet the people who lived there were really confused. I was always able to communicate with plants.
I would have dreams that would try to tell me in the most innocent way possible about how my future with my family would turn out.
The paranormal didn't start until way later in life.
When I was 15 I had my first case of sleep paralysis. I saw what I can only describe as shadow man, even though putting a gender on something like that is silly. It never tortured me, just. Disturbing. It was my own fear that made me feel terror. Same year I had a dream that I was aware, but all I could see was black. Then this white figure, an all white woman started to come from the center of the blackness - and I just felt in my heart that whatever that was NEEDED to leave. Some how I banished her. I had to switch rooms after that because most nights I felt like there was something watching me. Still do at times, but I don't fear it.
Sleep paralysis kept happening, but I didn't always see things. I don't see that as paranormal.
Once at school I felt really sick so I went to the nurses to take a nap. I was asleep for 30 minutes, but my dream was hours long. I flew to a friend's house in Australia [I'm from Texas] and I interacted with the things in the house. Played songs from Zelda on the piano, moved stuff, stacked cups. Went to his room, said his name, and before he looked at me I woke up. Really annoying because I has a crush on him haha. [Wow I sound like a creep...] Well he didn't get online until the evening and I sent him a message. He said to hold on, that someone broke into his house. I asked if anything was stolen and he said no, but someone played the piano, and stacked cups, and his room smelt like this perfume. [Don't know how the smell got there....] I told him my dream, described his house, and without saying anything, put on his webcam. I put mine on, to prove I lived where I said I did. He showed me his house, and my work. Told me I left the front door open.
I used to do psychic training with another internet friend. I got so good at it I would freak my other friends out. I stopped training though, and lost it.
But then, the darker part of it. Had a dream an 8ft tall doctor tied me to a chair and did surgery on my back. Shoving needles into my spine. The pain, I can't forget it. I have scars where each of these things went. Three dreams of this. Now my spine is messed up and chiropractors / massage therapists don't feel comfortable messing with it.It is what it is, whatever it is.
At 19 I went into sleep paralysis and shadow man was at the foot of my bed just staring at me. Blackness, no real features, just full outline of focused shadow mist. I was so scared I jumped out of my body, turned on the light, and woke up to the lights on. I don't think SM is evil, for it realized how scared of it I was and left me alone since then. 4 years and no visit. Usually evil things love that fear and keep at it, but this thing respected me. As if to show me my ability or something?
Other OBE's have evidence, so I count them. The ones that don't, I don't.
I moved a rock with my mind once. Once.
But really I stopped all of that so I can be better grounded and be prepared for the consequences of said abilities. I've had things try to attack me, but I have a good connection to my Soul Self, and it has always been there when I needed it.

I feel like some people just need one paranormal experience to "awaken" a part of them that has been hidden. Others, might need more than one haha. And the rest are so... good at being closed that an entity could try as hard as it wants to make its presence known and the humans wouldn't even know about it.

Finding this site is really helpful. It's nice to know I'm not alone in what I've experienced.
Love seeing them UFO's

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join