It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I would say you two were meant to be!

Awesome story!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
another quick blurb

My great grandfather, "Pops", was a Hungarian immigrant. He is on the register at Ellis Island. He was a, from what I have been told, a very warm man who loved America, his family, and the sauce. He used to get my mom up on his knee and sing the national anthem in his thick accent. He was well loved by his kids, and remembered as a good and kind man (kind of like how i remember his son, my grandfather).

When I was around 3 or 4 I remember I lost my belt. I hated wearing shorts, so wanted my belt so i could wear jeans (kids and their funny ways). One night while my father was out of town, I was asleep in mom's bed. The dim lower light on the nightstand was on. An old man with a big nose kind of materialized beside me, sitting on the edge of teh bed. In his hand was my belt. He talked to me, although I can't remember what he said. I do remember he had a very strange accent, eastern european.

I relayed the story to my mom in the morning. She just kind of brushed it off.

Years later i am looking at pictures with my mom while and the grandparents and I see a picture of Pops. I told her he was the man that brought me my belt. She didn't remember the story at first, but when she recalled it, told me that her youngest brother (who is 12 years my senior) had seen Pops, too. Pops died when my mom was 10.

On a side note, I can remember things from when I was an infant. Like my mom giving me a glass baby bottle with milk, and how much I hated when she wouldn't hold it because of how heavy it was. Or riding in a car that they sold when I was not quite 2 years old.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

That is such a cool story. Welcome to the thread!

You sound "delicious"! I'm so happy you and your wife found true love, and remain happy after all these years. Hold on to that, for it is rare to remain in love that long these days.

It is said there is a timeline that holds the past, present, and future. When people dream prophetic dreams this is where the information comes from.

It is strange that most of her female family dreamed about you. I suppose it was definitely meant to be!

I just woke up.... need coffee before I say more.

Thank you for sharing that with us. I always love a good love story.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

SLED!!! Where is your Jersey Devil story, I can't find it.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Wow! Another cool story!

It is always good to get validation on our experiences. Makes us feel less crazy.

So... I have a request. Next time you see your Pops, ask him why the spirits take stuff from this side of the realm, and tell him to relay a message to any spirits around me to "please stop taking my stuff and keeping it so long!"

Thanks Texan! I appreciate your stories.

And if anyone needs a good avatar, this is the person who did my latest one. Isn't it cool? I love it!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

That's a great after death contact story!

My mom had her grandma sit on the edge of her bed the night she died and say goodbye, no belt though.
Awesome that you got verification later on, that is how spirit works!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by sled735

SLED!!! Where is your Jersey Devil story, I can't find it.

Oh dear!!! I have no idea! It's in the middle of all this craziness somewhere. Let me see if I can help you find it. I'll be back next week.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

*taps foot and waits*

*whistling*

*sip*

*looks in coffee cup and tries to read coffee grounds and realizes he just swallowed a bunch* BLEH!

What a great Saturday morning!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here ya go.
Page 28 I also have the story about the invisible creature in the woods on this page.

I have a more detailed story about it a different thread (not mine), but I don't remember the name of the thread.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

reply to post by sled735

*taps foot and waits*

*whistling*

*sip*

*looks in coffee cup and tries to read coffee grounds and realizes he just swallowed a bunch* BLEH!

What a great Saturday morning!

You're such a nut!

I hate it when that happens.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by itsallmaya
reply to post by sled735

I used to play in the woods across from our house when I was younger. One day I heard something, and got an eerie feeling I was being watched. As I looked through the trees I saw the outline of something big moving. It is hard to describe... it was like it was invisible, but still had a form, an outline of the body, to see that it was moving. The body itself gave a fuzzy look to the area of forest that could be seen through it. And it made a noise in the brush where it moved. It scared the s*** out of me, and I took off. I didn't tell anyone because my family dismissed all my paranormal experiences anyway.

That's a creepy experience when you feel you're being watched. Did you feel hostile intent or just the understandable uneasy feeling of being observed? You don't think it was a fleeing deer or something?

Kind of reminds me of the NJ Devil legends who some people claim resides in the Pine Barrens in the southern part of the state. I ran out of room but will send you the link to a good website on it.

OMG!!!!!
The NJ Devil sounds exactly like what could have been running past my window at night! I posted about this earlier in the thread. It sounded like it had horse hooves as it started running, but then I heard wings flapping, and it flew away when it got past my window. I never did look out to see what it was... I was too frightened! I also felt like it knew I was there, and it was there because of me.

The footprint it left in the snow ( if it was the one who left it) was more like a claw, so the print could have been made by it's upper claws! (The claw prints looked like the last picture on the page you sent in the link.) The sound it made when it screamed (if this was it) was unlike anything the old-timers in the area had ever heard! They had heard panthers, bobcats, etc. all their lives, and they said this was not a cat, or anything they had ever heard! Everyone around was afraid to go outside at night. And my neighbor had a pig sliced open with only the liver missing!

I was leaning more toward thinking the creature in the woods was a big foot, but the description in your link describes this one creature running past my window in exact detail! Of course, there could have been two different creatures, and one could have been an invisible big foot with me in the woods.

To answer your question, I just felt like I was being observed when I saw the invisible creature in the woods. But I felt like if I didn't get away, it would come closer, and do who knows what to me?! I almost froze in panic, but I managed to make my legs move and get out of there! I wasn't too far back in the woods so I reached the highway very quickly.
No, absolutely no way was this thing a deer, or other animal. This creature was very large in size, and was standing upright. And I don't think earthly animals can make themselves invisible.

I can't believe this! I may have found out what that thing was after all these years! I don't believe some of the story (myth) about how this creature came to be, but it sure sounds like others have witnessed it, also!
Thanks for the link!

edit on 4/15/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

What I find really interesting is that you were aware that it was aware of you. It makes me think of a griffin.
Griffin - Wikipedia

That was just the first thought that came to mind. I will go read the rest of the links around that experience, but that was an immediate thought, so I figured I would post some quick info.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by sled735

I had someone keep appearing on my couch a few months ago. I figured it was someone from ATS trying to see if I could see them, although I never found out who it could be. I have a few suspicions though. I've never been "pulled" out of my body, only thrown back in. Feeling like a ragdoll being thrown around would kind of concern me a little. Perhaps you were just fighting leaving your body and wiggled around a lot...lol Or maybe someone was trying to pull you out, anything is possible.

It's strange you should mention feeling like it's someone from ATS coming around you; I've had the same feeling.

So, when "they" came and got you they said, "Oh, we don't want him. Throw him back!"

Just kidding.

Yeah, we return to our bodies with quite a jolt sometimes.
I use to do this a lot when I was younger (the hard crash landing), but I must have learned how to make a smoother landing over the years because it has been quite awhile since this has happened to me.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

What I find really interesting is that you were aware that it was aware of you. It makes me think of a griffin.
Griffin - Wikipedia

That was just the first thought that came to mind. I will go read the rest of the links around that experience, but that was an immediate thought, so I figured I would post some quick info.

Hummm...... (scratches head).

Well, the one distinct thing that made me think it was the NJ Devil was the sound of two horse hoofs running past my window. Also, the sound of wings flapping as it took flight... then the bird-like large prints in the snow the next day. Who the hell knows what this thing was?!

edit on 5/18/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Here is something that happened to me during the time just before the creature in the woods started expelling it's blood-curdling screams. ( Incident posted earlier). I had forgotten about this until recently when I read, or heard somewhere, that Big Foot can make itself invisible.

I used to play in the woods across from our house when I was younger. One day I heard something, and got an eerie feeling I was being watched. As I looked through the trees I saw the outline of something big moving. It is hard to describe... it was like it was invisible, but still had a form, an outline of the body, to see that it was moving. The body itself gave a fuzzy look to the area of forest that could be seen through it. And it made a noise in the brush where it moved. It scared the s*** out of me, and I took off. I didn't tell anyone because my family dismissed all my paranormal experiences anyway.

I remember seeing a movie a long time ago that had some creature like that in it scaring people. It was invisible, but people could see the form coming toward them. This movie came out years after I saw this creature, so, no, my young mind wasn't being influenced by some sy-fy scary story. Makes me wonder if other people involved in making the movie had heard other witnesses talking about seeing this thing, and thought, 'Wow, that would make a good movie!'

The thing I saw wasn't like a ghost, it was different. I've seen ghosts... this wasn't a ghost! Maybe an invisible Big Foot?!

I know some of my stories are hard to believe, but they happened, nonetheless. I always wondered why I seemed to be the only one in my family that had so many different paranormal experiences? It would have been nice to have someone else experience some of these things so I wouldn't have felt so alone at the time.

Sorry I am digging up and re posting experiences here, but this one I can kind of relate to in a weird way. When I used to chat with James Gilliand he had a picture of the woods around his ranch. In one of them I noticed some "ghost" figures. They looked like a family of bigfeet, from little ones to big ones, no one noticed them but me. I tried going to his site to see if I could find that picture, but I can't. They were invisible for the most part, or at least see thru.

Wish I could find it.

edit on 18-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

The Griffin was just a thought.

Glad when I was in Jersey I never ran into anything like that, just an old lady who made me want to call home, that set off a bunch of major life changes....

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Oh Man! I wish you could find it! Could you contact him and see if he still has it? Any proof, or validation on my story would be great! I know what I experienced/saw, but I'm sure a lot of people on here think I'm a good case for the loony bin.

I'm going out for the day with a good friend, so you all have a nice Saturday. I have to go get ready.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Last time I contacted him, he was kind of rude to me, so I just leave him alone...

Have a great saturday!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Here ya go.
Page 28 I also have the story about the invisible creature in the woods on this page.

I have a more detailed story about it a different thread (not mine), but I don't remember the name of the thread.

Here is another thread of mine where I was wondering if this thing could have been a Pteranodon because of the scream that sounded like a prehistoric bird, but I decided later after the discussion, it sounded more like a NJ Devil:

edit on 5/18/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Perhaps it was a thunderbird?

I remember a lot of things about these on tv a while back.
Native American legend, that does seem to have some merit, as most legends do.
Had to change vids to one that would work.

Maybe that's what the Jersey Devil is.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

The wife and I love Fredericksburg, TX as our getaway. It is a 3 hour drive, and full of quaint history, shopping (which means we can walk, look, talk about, and find entertainment in all manner of items....without or without buying), and privacy (i am fairly well known in my town, as is my wife).

We typically stay in various bed and breakfasts, with 1 being "our place". It is on the edge of town, backed up against some hills.

One night i woke up. I decided to get up and go outside for a smoke. After sitting there for a couple of minutes in the back I heard this scream. It sounded like what you would think a dinosaur would sound like. Like it was screaming in three separate pitches at once, giving it a great depth of sound (a high screech, with a simultaneous low grumbling roar and a medium ranged scream). I then heard loud and heavy footsteps. I could feel them in my feet, too. They ran down the hill behind the house at the rate of 2 steps every 3 seconds, give or take. I could hear trees cracking, leave rustling, and footsteps. No more screaming, i only heard that one scream.

Obviously being somewhat frightened I stomped out the cigarette and went back in the house. I carry a .40 S&W with me, so I went to find it and then looked back out the window in the back door. Nothing. After a few minutes I felt drowsy again, so I went back to sleep. It was strange, how I was able to get back to sleep so easily after first being so awake i got up to go smoke, and second....having THAT happen to me.

Told my wife about it the next morning and she just said, "Guess we won't go for any night time strolls"

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join