It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by starshift

Thank you Starshift, I will definitely try this the next time I perform energy work on someone. It may take some practice, but it sounds like it would be very effective.

I've also been thinking about something tonight, and it kind of relates to energy work and taking on too much. Most of us are aware that we are constantly shedding dead skin cells as we move about our daily lives, and the use of FLIR thermal imaging cameras have shown that we can also give off, or leave traces of, our body's heat signature as we move around. As we move past something at a good clip, we also disturb the air and leave a trail of displaced or moving air as we go by.

How much of a stretch is it then, to believe that we are also leaving traces of our very essence, our energy field, as we move around? We pretty much know that bloodhounds or other tracking dogs follow traces left by our shedded skin cells, but how do we know they are not also honing in on our essence, our energy trail, as well? I'm thinking of how a person's perfume or cologne wafts through the air after they have passed by. This may be somewhat like leaving a trail of our essence. When we do energy work, we "take in" some of the pain, negativity, or bad energy from the other person and release it into the atmosphere where it can be cleansed.

Many of us can feel this energy, or even spiritual energy, so it must be fairly prevalent in the atmosphere. Could we not meditate and reach a state where we could act as energy purifiers? For a short time, definitely... I believe too much of this could leave us drained. How do we know that when we have prayer vigils, we are not doing this already? The power of a group of people meditating or praying is known to grow exponentially as more participate, so what about the same principal applied to cleaning the energy environment? I wonder what effect this would have on seismic activity, or volcanic rumblings? And think of the effect on sites of devastating natural or man-made disasters.

Of course, this may already be taking place all over the world, and as usual, I'm entering the picture late! Has anyone heard of this being done on a large scale?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611
reply to post by starshift

Of course, this may already be taking place all over the world, and as usual, I'm entering the picture late! Has anyone heard of this being done on a large scale?

I read a thread last year where they were asking certain people around the world NOT to try to stop an earthquake somewhere through meditation or rituals. They said this earthquake needed to happen for some reason.
Sorry, I've forgotten most of the discussion, but when I read what you said it brought back part of the memory.

So... looks as if it IS taking place already.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Cool post Scribe. As for energetic imprints upon an area, I would say the force of energy or amount of disturbance within the astral (reflection of the physical) is what sensitive people pick up in an area that is not in sync with the baseline (natural rhythm).

Sometimes people who die within an area can become trapped due to fear or unresolved issues and they have no way to navigate that field. Sometimes a dark being will trap them to feed from their energy.

My etheric teacher will set up the vortexes or portals in those areas or around hospitals / old age homes when she walks through the area. Using the color of Gold Light is a higher frequency than white Light, which carries the spectrum of all colors.

The closest thing I've heard about in regards to Spirit tracking was from Tom Brown the tracker.

"When we track, we pick up a string. At the far end of that string a being is moving, existing, still connected to the track that we gaze upon. The animal's movement is still contained in that track, along with the smallest of external and internal details. As we follow these tracks, we begin to become the very animal we track. Our awareness expands from the animal we have become to the landscape it reacted to and is played by. We feel the influence of all things that surround us and our awareness expands from our consciousness to the mind of the animal and finally to the very cosmos. In tracking and awareness, then, there can never be a seperation. One without the other is but half a story, and incomplete picture, thus an incomplete understanding. It is the track that connects us to that grand consciousness and expands us to limitless horizons."

Another link on Stalking

Years ago, I did a survival class on Tiburon Island in Mexico and the main guide (a Seri native) said that their people could use their will collectively to take down a helicopter if they were attacked. There was a military presence on the island and I'm not sure just how the conversation came up but I thought it was interesting. I think it would have to due with influence over the pilot rather than the machinery itself.

In regards to earthquakes, people tend to be attracted to those kinds of areas due to the geologic energy build up. They like to live near fault lines regardless of the dangers.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611
.. The power of a group of people meditating or praying is known to grow exponentially as more participate...

This is something I've often wondered about.....What could a large enough, a like minded enough, group achieve?

Long ago when I was a kid, in one of those 'old-time' revival meetings, where there was a large number of rather 'enraptured' worshipers ......where the 'spirit' was 'present'....one could feel an almost electric current in the air....I wondered, if that power could be harnessed, directed....would that explain those instances of 'healing' miracles.

And does the resulting 'miracle' come from an outside force...ie God, or do we humans have some power that we can 'use' in such a way, if there is a group with enough will and focus?....

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Well, the Bible does say that if two come together in prayer for the same purpose, it will be more powerful in getting an answer. Not those exact words, but that's what I get from the meaning.
Just imagine what a whole community of people could do?

It's good to see you all still posting. I haven't been pushing the thread lately; been real busy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

If anyone was reading a few pages back, you would have seen where I posted about seeing a UFO on my way to work last week... or the week before ( I forget ).

Well... it was there again, in the same spot as before, last night when I went in. It hadn't been there since the last time I saw it and posted about it.
I said hello, and it got real bright, then dimmed almost out. I really felt like it was acknowledging me speaking to it.

Anyway, as I drove on watching this thing, it became an almost orange color. Then as I got further down the road, it turned a greenish color. I didn't have time to pull off the road this time because I was running late for work.

I kept my eyes on it as best I could and still watch the road. Right before I entered an area of trees where I knew I wouldn't be able to see it anymore, I saw that it appeared to be the dome-shaped with spinning red, green, and yellow lights. At least, that's what I think I saw during my last glimpse of this thing.

DAGNABIT!!!!! I didn't have a camera with me!!

Once I got to work, I should have been able to see the craft in the sky, but whatever it was, it was gone.

It is getting warm enough now to leave my camera in the car, so I'm going to try to get a picture of this thing next time to show you all that I'm not lying.
Maybe someone on here can even work with the picture to see what it is up close.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DillTheDog
reply to post by sled735

Hi Sled, to be honest no one seems to have any interest, the Paranormal sites just reply by saying thanks for
your email, very interesting, but 30 years on I am going to try my best to uncover something, my only hope
is what he was wearing, it will probably never put a name to him but by it will possibly help we get me close
to a year for him, even though all this time later I can still see him fairly clearly I have never yet found a picture
of anything that close to what he was wearing, a few but not close enough and more to the point they dont fit
with the location, although thats not to say that he could have been from another country, I sure we had plenty
of tourists in the 18th century, I say 18th because the clothing seems to fit after 1750,so what I have now decided to do is visit a Hypnotherapist to take me back so that I can recall in as much details as I can anything about him, that should be interesting and I hope to do it in the next few weeks and will post the results

Hey, Dill....
I was searching through my thread for a video and came across your post. Just wondering if you ever went to the hypnotherapist? If so, can you share what you learned? I'm STILL interested in an update on this story!

For those who would like to read Dill's story, it began on page 57. A totally awesome experience!
edit on 4/27/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

With my ability to transfer negative feelings from others on to myself I think its something humans who are either naturally able or those who study and learn to access this energy. Speaking for myself I freely admit that I have very little control over it, it just kind of happens. I am hoping that by being posting here on ATS I may find others who have a similar gift as mine that might be able to teach how to really use it to its fullest potential.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I have also had numerous paranormal experiences dating back since I was about 5 or so and am still experiencing things, in fact as I was writing this my TV, cable box, and my fiance's PS3 just turned off on their own (WEIRD!). I used to talk to and dream of a spirit named George. I have really vivid reoccurring dreams and nightmares. On two separate occasions and in two completely separate places, one being at our house and another while we were camping at a lake that's about an hour and half drive from our house, my fiance' and I saw strange lights in the sky. Recently, I have been having more and more strange things happening to me....For example, I came home from grocery shopping one day and when I opened the door it wouldn't open all the way. So I looked behind the door and one of these old plastic window shutters that had been tucked behind our coat closet door was pulled out and was leaning up against the outside of the closet door so that when I opened the door it was wedged between the closet and the front door. I looked around and called my parents (who live upstairs from us), asked if either of them had come downstairs for some reason and neither of them had come downstairs and nothing else was out of place. Weird, but whatever; weirder things have happened in this house haha. That same night, I am lying on couch playing a computer game, home alone, when I was slapped in the face! That was the freakiest thing that ever happened to me! I had a cold, tingly feeling on my cheek and didn't know how to react, except to say "Is there something here?" Nothing.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KPJBeliever

WOW!
Welcome to the thread KPJBeliever.

I appreciate you sharing your experiences with us. Sounds like something/someone doesn't like you being in "their" house. They try to keep you out by wedging the door, then slap you in the face!
I think I would be doing some "house cleaning"! Get some smudge sticks and go around saying prayers, and tell the evil spirits to GET OUT! Be very forceful with your tone of voice.
Then sprinkle salt around all the areas where anything could come in. This will keep them out.
If things continue, then you may need a person from the clergy to come do a house blessing.

Do you have any information on the previous owners, or know if anyone died there before you moved in?

If you have more experiences to share, we would love to hear them here.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jholt5638

I'm happy to see you are still with us, JHolt5638.

This thread is over a year old, and still going, but every now and then people who have posted in the past (at the beginning of the thread) will visit. Hopefully, someone will pop in that can help you with information about the ability you seek. I know nothing to tell you, personally.

Frayed1 will be on eventually. Just be patient.

edit on 4/28/2013 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jholt5638
reply to post by frayed1

With my ability to transfer negative feelings from others on to myself I think its something humans who are either naturally able or those who study and learn to access this energy. Speaking for myself I freely admit that I have very little control over it, it just kind of happens. I am hoping that by being posting here on ATS I may find others who have a similar gift as mine that might be able to teach how to really use it to its fullest potential.

I have often felt I had the 'ability' to 'pick up' the pain or distress of others.....like it was 'catching'....Years ago, I realized that if someone in the same room complained of a headache, it wouldn't be long untill I also had one. When I see someone cry, I do too....

I wondered if it was that I am just susceptible to suggestion.....or could I really feel what they were feeling?....Sometimes I do seem to feel their pain before they say anything......my husband has chronic neck pain from a spinal cord injury, and some days I believe I can 'feel' it too, even if he's asleep......But it's not like I have the ability to 'take away' any of his pain....sadly, it doesn't seem to be an ability to 'heal', (like the big guy in "The Green Mile"), just more of a mind reading thing. Maybe it makes me a more understanding caregiver....as long as I'm not incapacitated by the same pain...?

Like you, I don't seem to have much control over it.....I do think I have learned to 'block' it, if I find some sort of 'busy work' to keep my mind occupied, distracted.....For instance, if I go to visit/sit with someone in the hospital for any length of time, being so close to a larger number of 'suffering' people, I feel almost 'crushed'.....If I take my knitting, or something to read, I can cope .

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I have lots of experiences that I can post.

I have seen a "UFO."
I have seen spirits manifest in the physical plane right in front of me.
I have astrally projected and made contact with beings on that side. I have also been "pulled" out of my body while sleeping, and into the astral plane, and attacked.
I've had two prophetic dreams (they were VERY different from any dream I've ever had).
There was one occasion when I accidentally did an "energy transfer" and transferred my depression to my girlfriend (through sex).

Lots of interesting stuff. When I get the chance I'll start posting.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

Welcome to the thread, LTT!

All your experiences sound extremely interesting! Please share when you have time. I want to hear about each, and every one.

Please don't be like some people who come here telling what they experienced, and saying they'll be back with details, only to never be seen again. It's such a letdown.

Thanks for posting. I look forward to seeing you again.

edit on 4/30/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Well, my first experience with the paranormal took place when I was three. This was back in 1988, my father was still alive, and my parents and I were living at my Aunt's house.

My Father, Mother, and myself were all sleeping together in their bed, and I remember waking up in the middle of the night because I felt a presence disturbing me.

I woke up and remember looking down at the foot of the bed and seeing a woman standing there. I remember that she did not have the dullness to her colors that we in the physical do. She was very "vibrant" looking. I didn't feel anything malevolent from her, so I wasn't really scared, but I woke my Mother up to share the experience with her.

I am not entirely certain as to who the woman is that I saw. My Mother told me years later that my Aunt, with whom we were living, had been practicing Wicca at the time. She told me that, her and my dad would show up at my Aunt's house and the apparition of this woman would be hanging out outside the front door (almost in a defensive sense). My Mother was devoutly Christian, so she began avoiding my Aunt, mostly because she equated any being out of the spiritual realm as being demonic.

BUT, I guess the entity was my Aunt's "familiar" spirit, or guide who just hung around her house. That's what my Mom told me after she let go of some of her more closed-minded beliefs.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Thank you for coming back. Interesting story.

Did your mother ask your sister if this was her guide? I don't remember hearing of guides showing themselves to other people like that. I mean, it could have been, for all I know.

Sometimes the dead will hang around, as I'm sure you know. Are you sure it wasn't a ghost of someone who hadn't crossed over? They aren't all "spooks". Some are very friendly.

Anyone else out there have a comment on this?

I look forward to hearing your other stories.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Originally posted by BewilderedandAmused

Oh good now I don't have to write it up. LOL. I will.

Where are you, Paul? You haven't posted since 4/2/13. You said you weren't feeling well. Are you okay?
I hope you come back to share what you were referring to in your last post.
Don't disappear on me after saying you aren't well; It freaks me out!

DarkBlade71 disappeared last year after posting about a very strange experience seeing pentagrams shooting from his eyes, and I was imagining all kinds of bad things that possibly happened to him.

Even if you don't have time to tell your story, just let me know you are okay. Hope to see you here soon.

edit on 4/30/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thank you for coming back. Interesting story.

Did your mother ask your sister if this was her guide? I don't remember hearing of guides showing themselves to other people like that. I mean, it could have been, for all I know.

Well, she was my Father's sister, and my Mother did not get along with her well. So, they never really spoke about it to one another as far as I know.

My Mother would speak with me about the experience periodically as I was growing up, mostly because I was curious and would ask her about it. The problem was that, my Mother was devoutly religious, and instances of this kind bothered who, so she tended to be somewhat tight-lipped about it.

She certainly saw the woman, but she always brushed it off as a "demonic" being. She was under the impression that my Aunt was into Wicca, and as far as my Mother was concerned--anything associated with the occult was automatically evil.

I've never had the chance to speak with my Aunt about it. I have not spoken to her since I was three.

Sometimes the dead will hang around, as I'm sure you know. Are you sure it wasn't a ghost of someone who hadn't crossed over? They aren't all "spooks". Some are very friendly.

Oh yes, I know this to be very true. My Father is deceased, but he likes to hang around. I found out that he was because he appears to my girlfriend often--both when she is awake and through dreams. He told my girlfriend that he would talk to me directly, but because of the circumstances of his death, he told her that I have not let go of the loss and put up a "wall."

But he is there, and he has given both myself and my girlfriend guidance.
edit on 30-4-2013 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

That's awesome about your dad!

Maybe you should ask him to help (give advice) break this wall so he can talk to you directly.

I have visited my father on the other side several times during my astral travels while sleeping. Nothing compares to seeing your loved ones again after they have left here!

Yeah, my mother was strictly Christian too. I think that's why she always thought the ghost that stayed around me was just "a child's imagination". Very frustrating for me!

I work nights, and I'm getting ready now, but I'll check back to see the rest of your experiences as time allows.
(I don't mean you have to post them all tonight. Ha!)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

You've accumulated quite the thread, lol. This may take some time to read through.

I'll go ahead and post my next experience. This one is a tad bit more intense than the first one, mostly because I was fifteen instead of three; and the being that appeared, did so while mid-conversation with my Stepfather.

Like I said, I was Fifteen at the time. I was not living with my Mother, because my Stepfather was an angry/violent person--so I left home at fourteen and moved in with a friend.

I have ALWAYS been interested in the occult and ritualistic magic since I was a child. So, when I moved out of my Mother's house at fourteen, and did not live under her oppressive-Jesus-regime, I went crazy reading books about Wicca and paranormal/psychic phenomenon. My interests in the occult worried her, naturally, so she had invited me over to her house to watch those old "Left Behind" movies to "scare me straight."

Funny, how fear is the prime motivating factor of the Christian religion (but, God is loving :@@

My Mother, Stepfather, and I are all watching the first installment of the series together in their bedroom. It's the typical Christian-rapture-end-times scare fest. After the movie, my Stepfather (David), sits in a chair in front of me to give me a pep talk about the path that I had chosen.

This is the uber interesting part.

While he is talking to me I feel a shift in the room like the atmosphere itself has become more "energetic," for lack of a better word. While that energetic sensation is building, I'm looking at David as he speaks to me and I see this "shift" happen in my vision as the entity begins to manifest in the physical plane.

The being seemed to be sitting right on top of my Stepfather, like it's presence in the physical was overlapping David's physical being. The entity itself was very dark. Even it's appearance was dark. It had NO color, it was simply black, and I was looking directly at it's face and the being and I had this unspoken conversation.

Basically, it knew that I could see it because it gave me this "come at me bro" type grin trying to coax me into attacking it. Which, I refused of course. The whole time I remember that I wasn't frightened of it at all, I just felt serene because I knew (somehow) that it couldn't do anything to me and was only trying to toy with me.

I just wish I could describe it's face. It wasn't reptilian, or grey, or insect-like, or human. I got the impression that it was just very "beastish." But very intelligent.

And I know that the being had to have been strong to be able to manifest so intensely in the physical the way that it did. Whatever it was, though, I knew that it was attached to my Stepfather. I knew that it was basically just trying to feed off of the negativity that it could evoke through him.

It was about five years later when I was about twenty years old that my Mother and Stepfather were going to counselors because David was a nutjob and needed it (like, really bad). They were desperate, and found a psychologist who specialized in hypnosis.

My Mom told me about Dave's sessions with this particular Doctor. Apparently through the course of his treatments and hypnosis work, the Doctor found--what he called--David's "shadow" personality. And he basically told my Mom that this "shadow" personality was extremely hateful, and was bent on sabotaging David and destroying his life.

It pretty much confirmed my experience with the being I saw. When my Mother told me about the discovery of the "shadow" personality, I knew EXACTLY who it actually was.
edit on 30-4-2013 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Sounds like David is possessed by a demon!
And, because you are sensitive to the spirit world, you saw it.

Have you told your mother what you saw? If not, maybe you should. How long ago did this happen?
If he is still having "problems" with his behavior, then maybe what he needs is an exorcism.
He might actually be a nice guy, once he gets rid of the evil lurking in him.

I appreciate you sharing your stories here. Fascinating!

new topics

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join