It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I've had experiences with

unidentified flying objects(3 different types), real-time interactive spirit beings, premonitions, time-slip time-window, etc.

An athiest friend asked me if I had mental illness in my family, I do not. He could not comprehend any of my stories and he grasped at straws to attempt to explain them away, the thing is, I already look at every possible explanation and explain them by natural mean myself, so when I know something is beyond the normal bounds, I know it.

These experiences cannot be communicated and believed whole-heartedly, they will always only be fully believed by the first hand experiencer. There are some that will believe by your words, but to the die hard athiest, there's no possible way to communicate to them without them thinking you have a mental illness, it's sad that they do not open their mind to the possibility that objects that cannot easily be identified exist, that higher dimensions exist, that beings in those higher dimensions exist, that there are things about the human brain they do not understand, that there are things about the universe and space-time that they do not understand. What I learned from talking to my friend was he was too arrogant to accept the fact that he was an idiot.

I've discovered there are a lot of idiots out there!
Want they be surprised when they pass over, and realize they aren't dead at all?!
Thanks for your post.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

This is getting my attention more and more. I feel like there is a message there. I really don't have much time for an in-depth study on crystals right now, but I do want to get to it when I can.
I wonder if the being is trying to share info about when the 13 crystal skulls are supposed to come together in the circle? Is he trying to say it will unleash the Devil? Hummm................... pondering on this one!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

edit on 4-3-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I remember one night i was alone in my recently deceased grandmothers house,sleeping while sitting up in a living room chair that was facing a tall window,with the light on in the room and it was dark outside...

I was suddenly awakened by a tapping and scratching against glass sound and as i opened my eyes,i was horrified to see lit up by the chair side lamp light,my deaceased grandmother entire body slowly hoovering up and down looking through the window at me,her toothless mouth was open wide as if she was moaning while looking at me with enraged demonic eyes...

As i was about to faint from the almost indescribable terror of seeing her that way,her animated corpse drifted upwards out of my sight,as if taken away by the wind...

She had just died about two weeks earlier and when i saw her through the glass that night,she was dressed in her burial clothes,only they were stained with blood and dirt as if she had just crawled out of her grave,she wasnt wearing any shoes and she had withered petals from her funeral flowers tangled up in her grey hair...

I dont think i was ever more frightened than i was that night at that moment,i didnt dare to even move for at least an hour and i couldnt wait for the sun to rise...
edit on 5-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I remember,when i was a kid,my friend and i went to watch tv in the house of folks my parents knew.They had the key to the house,to water the plants,etc while these folks were on holiday,our tv was on the blink.We were watching for a while,when we heard this groaning,moaning sound coming from a bedroom at the back of the house.So creepy,we were outa there in a flash,my father had to go there and put the tv off! When we told my parents,they said the mother of the woman who owned the house,died in there actualy,after a long ilness. Ive always been able to sense "presences",even if not malevolent.For me its a physical feeling too,a weird sensation in my throat,and the air around me actualy feel heavier,denser somehow.I did feel it in that house,but i was willing to put up with it,as my own house was haunted anyway+contained realy menacing spirits-the groaning was just too much though! Another encounter with the paranormal i had,i woke up in sleep paralysis,could not move,could not even see,like i was in stygian darkness. In actual fact,my room was lit by a lamp,as my 2year old daughter (at that time,she's 20 now) was sleeping next to me,and she did'nt like the dark.It was the first time i got sleep paralysis,and that is not the paranormal thing,tho terrifying.Next thing,i seem to be floating through the air(that must have been my "astral body"?) but not just floating,being pulled,by something.I turned to look,as i was going lower,and i could see i was being pulled to underneath my dressing-table (an antique which belonged to my adoptive mother and
came from the haunted house i grew up in,btw) I felt completely helpless+in awful danger. That realy got me terrified and i screamed: "Lord Jesus please Help Me!!" and instantly i was back on my bed,and i was able to move+see again.FOOK! That was just plain NASTY! Dont know if this had anything to do with it,but i had this girl sleeping over that night,a longtime friend from school days-who,tho extremely eccentric,never gave me any reason to be suspicious of her.Some time before this happened,she got "darker" tho,and did strange things,when she slept over,i would hear her pacing up+down for hours,seeming to be whispering and chanting in a low voice.Also she became involved with people who were into,if not satanism,defo heavy occultic stuff.After that we lost touch,as i moved to another province,which was for the best.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Good Grief! How horrific!!

Sometimes demons will try to trick us by appearing as loved ones. Was your grandmother a good person, or was she mean during her life? I can't imagine your grandmother coming back to scare you that way. Sounds like a demon to me. Thanks for sharing. WOW!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Sometimes material objects can hold energy of a person. If the antique dresser came from the haunted house, it probably had something attached to it. I wonder what the girl was chanting? Why would she be chanting in your house? Do you think she may have summoned up some evil spirit that came into your home?
Have you had any experiences lately, and do you still have the antique dresser?

Thanks for sharing your story?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

When I was in my early teens I went swimming in the river with a bunch of friends. We all started out at an area above where we were parked, and swam down to the parking area. Everyone had already made it to the small sandy area where we were going, but the current got me and pulled me out, and under the water. I remember thinking, 'this is how I'm going to die'. I was fighting from panic, and I hollered out, "HELP!!", when I came to the surface, and then got pulled back under again. While I was under the water I heard a voice in my head that said, "It isn't your time yet. Stop fighting the water, and just relax. You'll be okay." So I stopped fighting, and I floated to the surface. When I opened my eyes one of my friends had swam out to get me. He reached for my arm and pulled me out of the current, and we made it to the river's edge. The rest of my friends watched in stunned awe! They said I scared the s*** out of them! I was shaky myself! The guy that came after me said when I got pulled back under the second time I just missed hitting my head on a big boulder! If I had, I would have been knocked out and drowned.
I didn't die, but I still heard, either my spirit guide, or an angel helping me get out of that situation. Whew! I can't breath when I tell this story. It all comes back so clearly!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

When my friend and i were fifteen years old, we were walking through a cemetary in massachusetts one winter night. The center road that runs through the middle we often used as a short cut from his house to mine. This night was cold and quiet, neither one of us were talking. we had walked about halfway through this cemetary when suddenly "without warning" from out of nowhere, we heard the very loud sounds of diabolical laughter and demonic screams...

These horrible sounds were sinister and evil and came from "directly in front of us, above us and all around us" at the same time. As we stopped and stood still frozen with fear, this laughter and screaming increased in intensity and changed into the sounds of what i can only describe as an "enraged werewolf" shrieking, cackling and growling all at once. After about twenty seconds, as we both ran away crying and terrified, these sounds trailed off behind us as anguished, inhuman moaning...

We were in hysterics for days afterwards and, of course, no one believed us. These sounds were "without a doubt" not from any animal or person. If i had a recording of what we heard that night and was able to replay it, i would warn anyone who cared to listen that what they were about to hear would change them forever, as it did my friend and i and we heard these sounds blasting at us, in a cemetary at night in the winter, with no warning at all....

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
As I stated in an earlier post, no one in my house believed me when I told them there was a ghost following me around since the age of six.
When I was eleven I had spent the night at my cousin's, and my sister came by the next day to pick me up. While she was there I had an idea how to prove to her the ghost was real.
My Uncle had a large chicken house with a tin roof (the commercial type for raising chickens for the market). My cousin and I took my sister to the chicken house, which was empty at that time, and I told her the ghost would walk above me on the roof, and she could hear it's footsteps. So I started out walking, and sure enough, you could hear the footsteps on the tin roof directly above my head. I started running, and it ran, I jogged, and it jogged. If I stopped, it stopped, and started up again when I did. I said, "See, I told you!" My sister took off running soooooo fast! She was a believer after that. But after a couple of years she forgot about the experience, and wouldn't admit to hearing it. She probably had to put that memory away to keep her sanity, or something.
The ghost remained with me until I was in my mid teens before it slowly started making it's visits less frequently.

When I was around twenty years old my husband and I were staying at my Mom's one weekend. One morning after I had just gotten up I walked into the kitchen where my mother was busy doing some chore. I had just walked in and something started making a very LOUD banging on the wall from the stairs leading down to the basement. This wall was also the kitchen wall. It was almost like hitting a hammer to the wall, it was so loud. My mom and I looked at one another unable to move. It kept banging on the wall, and then moved the banging to the basement door! Then the door at the back of the house! Mom finally went to check the back door, and no one was there. I told her the ghost was telling me hello, letting me know it was still there.
My mother said she had experienced a couple of other things after I had married and moved out.

One night my mom said she was lying in bed reading her Bible, as she always did before going to sleep, and the overhead light on the ceiling just exploded! She said she saw a shower of broken glass falling toward her, and then she felt the pieces of glass hitting her skin; it scared her half to death! She got out of bed to look in the mirror expecting to see blood all over her, but there wasn't a scratch, or any blood on her, and when she looked at the light it was still there; it hadn't exploded at all. Weird!

She told me something else that happened, but I forget what it was now. It must not have been as impressive at the the exploding light.
I was sorry these things happened to her, but I was happy the ghost had finally done something to prove to her I wasn't making up crazy stories growing up.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by sled735

When my friend and i were fifteen years old, we were walking through a cemetary in massachusetts one winter night. The center road that runs through the middle we often used as a short cut from his house to mine. This night was cold and quiet, neither one of us were talking. we had walked about halfway through this cemetary when suddenly "without warning" from out of nowhere, we heard the very loud sounds of diabolical laughter and demonic screams...

These horrible sounds were sinister and evil and came from "directly in front of us, above us and all around us" at the same time. As we stopped and stood still frozen with fear, this laughter and screaming increased in intensity and changed into the sounds of what i can only describe as an "enraged werewolf" shrieking, cackling and growling all at once. After about twenty seconds, as we both ran away crying and terrified, these sounds trailed off behind us as anguished, inhuman moaning...

We were in hysterics for days afterwards and, of course, no one believed us. These sounds were "without a doubt" not from any animal or person. If i had a recording of what we heard that night and was able to replay it, i would warn anyone who cared to listen that what they were about to hear would change them forever, as it did my friend and i and we heard these sounds blasting at us, in a cemetary at night in the winter, with no warning at all....

You have shared some fantastic stories!
I was terrified of what was happening to me while growing up because no one believed me, but my cousin. That's a terrible experience in itself; no one to turn to for help.
Keep the stories coming, if you have more. Sounds like you have had about as many as I have!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Does anybody have any thoughts about the purpose and mechanism of these kinds of experiences - in other words the how and the why?

I had most of my experiences in 2009 at age 43. Maybe it is easier for people who have their experiences at a young age before their views are so settled.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
Does anybody have any thoughts about the purpose and mechanism of these kinds of experiences - in other words the how and the why?

I had most of my experiences in 2009 at age 43. Maybe it is easier for people who have their experiences at a young age before their views are so settled.
Perhaps children experience more paranormal activity than adults do,because the young have'nt been "conditioned" by a mostly unbelieving society in denial of other realities yet and my own bizarre experiences do seem to have been decreasing the older i get,or maybe they're just building up for one hell of a strange encounter,i dont know?...

Maybe some,most or even all paranormal experiences are actually temporary windows or doorways that are opened upon realities that exist all around us just beyond our visible spectrum,which we are able to glimpse upon during certain unexplainable conditions still beyond our understanding?

When we talk to god its called praying...When god talks to us its called schizophrenia...
edit on 7-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Perhaps children experience more paranormal activity than adults do,because the young have'nt been "conditioned" by a mostly unbelieving society in denial of other realities yet and my own bizarre experiences do seem to have been decreasing the older i get,or maybe they're just building up for one hell of a strange encounter,i dont know?...

Maybe some,most or even all paranormal experiences are actually temporary windows or doorways that are opened upon realities that exist all around us just beyond our visible spectrum,which we are able to glimpse upon during certain unexplainable conditions still beyond our understanding?

When we talk to god its called praying...When god talks to us its called schizophrenia...
edit on 7-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

That's a good point. In "The Way of the Explorer" by Edgar Mitchell, he mentions that whenever he gave a TV interview about spoon bending he would get calls later from parents telling him that their children were doing spoon bending like they saw on TV.

But I also think that people that have some paranormal experiences while young might be less disturbed by the experience. They might be able to accept it into their world view easier as a child than as an adult.
edit on 7-3-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
ive had exp that will blow ur minds
but i wont tell
unless u ask

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I've noticed sometimes I can tell something paranormal is going to happen before it happens. It starts to feel like normal events are not random but controlled - even though the events themselves are normal. Then I start to feel a little bit too relaxed and suddenly something paranormal happens.

Just wondering if others have noticed that feeling.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I've noticed sometimes I can tell something paranormal is going to happen before it happens. It starts to feel like normal events are not random but controlled - even though the events themselves are normal. Then I start to feel a little bit too relaxed and suddenly something paranormal happens.

Its similar to a feeling of de-ja-vu,like invisible doorways or windows opening and allowing sensations similar to slow motion wind blowing across your body,seen and recognized by our inner psychic eyes and for me its more than a little interesting how you used the word "controlled" because paranormal encounters and supernatural experiences might actually be created and designed by superior beings operating within some kind of alternate reality,or from a higher dimension,beings who then project the perceived paranormal activity into our reality,maybe for experimental purposes,perhaps to play with our minds...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebestnr1
ive had exp that will blow ur minds
but i wont tell
unless u ask

I'm asking..... Do tell, please!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

What type of paranormal thing happens? I can give my opinion better if I know that.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

One suggestion on this subject...

We all come here with certain lessons to learn during each lifetime... that is called our life path.
If we get off track, our spirit guide and helpers will make certain things happen to put us back on the right path.
And sometimes it feels like things are "being controlled" beyond our control..... because it is.

For anyone who is interested in finding out what your life path is supposed to be, you can use numerology. It's simple to use to find out all kinds of things about yourself. I loved it when I first started studying it.
A great book, easy to understand, is: Numerology, The Power in Numbers by: Ruth A. Drayer
The book has a page where you can make copies and fill in your numbers, then it gives the meaning of your numbers. I've read other books about numerology, but this is my favorite.
edit on 3/7/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join