It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 1.
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I had a ghost follow me around from age six until my late teens, channeled spirits, seen UFOs (close), had an object materialize from thin air in front of my face, and had a monster of some kind over 8 ft. tall walk past my bathroom window during my lifetime. I am now 54 years old. Until now I had no way of communicating with others about all these strange occurrences, but thanks to ATS, I can now ask the question, "Are there others who experience more than one type of paranormal phenomena, or am I just a paranormal magnet?"

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hello Sled735, I doubt you're the only one here on Ats. In my life I've encountered ghostly goings on
at my first school as a child, alien abduction type memories from as long as I can remember,
poltergeist acrivity as a teen, a disembodied voice/possible guardian angel that told me not to do
something dangerous right before I did it, a misty 'thing' hovering above me on waling from a meditation
and various Out of body experiences. Also a couple of Ufo sightings that by definition are not
necessarily 'paranormal'.

These things have calmed down since i got to my 30s. Ats is a good place to try and
get some answers and sometimes more questions!

(Meant to say I would love to hear about your close up UFO sightings please Sled)
edit on 22-2-2012 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
I had a ghost follow me around from age six until my late teens, channeled spirits, seen UFOs (close), had an object materialize from thin air in front of my face, and had a monster of some kind over 8 ft. tall walk past my bathroom window during my lifetime. I am now 54 years old. Until now I had no way of communicating with others about all these strange occurrences, but thanks to ATS, I can now ask the question, "Are there others who experience more than one type of paranormal phenomena, or am I just a paranormal magnet?"

No, you aren't alone in the diversity of your paranormal experiences. I've had the weirdest life I've ever heard about, read about or have seen in movies / television. Extreme "high strangeness", and I don't mean the mind-altering-substance kind.

I don't want to go into it, but there's a reason my name is "I'm a lighthouse". Hey, we're the same age, too.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hello
I am 46 and I have seen a couple of demons. One was because I was using the ouija board and pissed off satan. He was supposed to have cursed me. I am saved now through confessing my sins to Jesus. I also seen. Phantoms during a vision that continued when I got up to use the john.
There are spirits out there that are biting at the bit and can't wait until God gives the go ahead.
Seek God before it is to late. We have days at most.
God Bless

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Now look, all of you.

You can't just write things like, "I'm a lighthouse" or "alien abduction" and not give details!!!!! It's the worst form of teasing!!!!! Aagggghhhhh!

So now that I've got that off my chest.... Please go into detail and share your stories!

And congrats OP on your first post. S&F!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yes my whole life has been one big paranormal experience.

Not going into it because I do not have a tough skin and do not feel like getting flamed, ridiculed and having people throw ignorant and cruel remarks at me.

Keep in mind, what we consider "paranormal" today will be explained by quantum physics tomorrow.

There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamed of in thy philosophy. - (William Shakespeare, Hamlet)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Now look, all of you.

You can't just write things like, "I'm a lighthouse" or "alien abduction" and not give details!!!!! It's the worst form of teasing!!!!! Aagggghhhhh!

So now that I've got that off my chest.... Please go into detail and share your stories!

I know, hon, and I'm so sorry. For me, it's going to take a long time to get all the details together (it's been ongoing for 52 out of my 54 years), before I can even begin a thread about all of it. It's a whole lot to explain, all at once, or even a little at a time, unfortunately.

I will though, as soon as I can get some "me" time. You guys will be the first to hear all of it, all at once.

And, to the OP. Thank you for bringing this up. I may have stayed completely quiet forever, if it weren't for your thread.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Clairvoyance, remote influencing, telepathy (effective sender), clairaudience.

Have witnessed poltergeist activity. Attempts at remote viewing unproductive.

------------------------------------

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

This is a post I entered on another thread, but I'll post it again here just for you. :-)
Back in the early 1970's I looked out the window one night and saw a huge white light in the sky, about the size of a dime if you held it up to the sky. It was really bright. You could tell it wasn't still; it was kind of hovering. As I stood watching it trying to figure out what it was there were 5 or 6 smaller objects that came out of the bottom of the large craft and took off into space! I just stood there with my mouth open. The large object stayed in the same location until I finally got tired of standing there, and went back to the living room. I grew up in the country, so there were no street lights blocking out the night sky.
I continued to see UFOs in the sky after that. They would go in crazy directions, stop, zigzag, and take off from a dead stop to being gone from view in a split second! All these just appeared as a bright round light from a distance, but could have been a different shape up close. Some appeared to flash different colors.
My close encounter was went I was coming home one night after working second shift. I came to this fast food restaurant and remember looking at my watch to see if I had time to go through the drive-through before they closed. It was 10:40 p.m., and they closed at 11:00 p.m. So I pulled into the drive-through lane with 3 cars ahead of me and another behind me. Once I placed my order I pulled up with 2 cars still ahead of me at the serving window. Then I saw something flashing in the sky. I kept watching it, and it got closer, and closer. It was flashing orange/red and green lights. As it approached even closer I could see it was oblong-shaped like a cigar, and flipping end over end. One end had the orange/red light glowing from it, and the other end had the green light. This object made absolutely no noise at all! As it approached just above the tree tops across the road it stopped flipping, and just glided through the air. It came down extremely low, just over the top of the building, and shot down a bright beam that went right beside my car in the parking lot! I noticed no one else seemed to be looking at it so I stuck my head all the way out my window and hollered at the car behind me, "What the hell is that thing?!!" I was so scared I was shaking! No one answered, and actually, everyone seemed to be suspended in time, no one was moving at all! After the light beam passed my car it started slowly flipping again, and then took off into the sky, and was gone in the blink of an eye!
The strange thing that confused me most about this encounter was the fact I lost 20 minutes from the time I saw the UFO until it took off again, which only seemed like maybe 2 or 3 minutes, and the fact that no one else seemed to even notice it, like they were all statues, not moving at all! I still haven't figured this out, but I heard of others losing time when they saw UFOs, and it turned out they were abducted! I won't go that far, but if I was, I don't want to remember it!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by imalitehaus

Now look, all of you.

I know, hon, and I'm so sorry. For me, it's going to take a long time to get all the details together (it's been ongoing for 52 out of my 54 years), before I can even begin a thread about all of it. It's a whole lot to explain, all at once, or even a little at a time, unfortunately.

I will though, as soon as I can get some "me" time. You guys will be the first to hear all of it, all at once.

And, to the OP. Thank you for bringing this up. I may have stayed completely quiet forever, if it weren't for your thread.

Thank You for responding. I look forward to reading your experiences. I feel better knowing I'm not alone.... or just plum crazy! LOL

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Yes, I understand completely. I don't want to be ridiculed, either and I think that's had a lot to do with my silence. I'm going to see about getting more quiet time in the future. So, who knows?

But, I do understand your reluctance to go into details. I have the same reluctance myself.

edit on 22-2-2012 by imalitehaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

For sure, you're not alone and NOT crazy!

We'll all look forward to each other's experiences.

Edit to add: Awesome event, sled!

edit on 22-2-2012 by imalitehaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here is another one of my experiences, probably the most mind-boggling of them all...

I had a ring setting that was made from Kentucky coal that my husband gave me (ex-husband now). He said it was one of a kind. About a year after we were divorced I lost the setting in the ring at a local club. Three months later my cousin and I went to a drive-in theater (this was in the mid 1970's). During intermission I went to the bathroom located inside the concession building . As I stood and looked up, there was something black dangling in mid-air in front of my face. I thought at first it was a spider hanging on a web, but then it fell to the concrete floor and made a noise, so I knew whatever it was, it was a solid object. As I knelt over getting a closer look, I realized this was the setting from my ring that I had lost three months prior in a totally different place! It was like it just materialized in front of my eyes, stayed there until I saw it, and fell at my feet. I picked it up and put it in my pocket. When I went back to the car my cousin asked me if I was okay because she said I was pale as a ghost. I told her what happened, and she was speechless! When I got home I placed the setting in my ring, put the ring away in my jewelry case, and I have never taken it out again since that day! Still don't know what to make out of this! Anyone ever experienced anything like this?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by imalitehaus

Now look, all of you.

I completely understand. Yes, there are folks here who delight in ridiculing others, but please know there are folks here with an open mind. When you feel ready, share. In the meantime I'll be watching for your thread!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Here is my monster experience:

I grew up in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. When I was around 10 years old there was a very tall creature of some kind that walked past our bathroom window. It had to be at least 8 or 9 feet tall to be seen in that window because it was very high off the ground. My teenage sister was in the bathroom curling her hair when she heard something and looked over at the window just in time to see this creature walk by. It was just turning dusk, but still light enough for her to see it. She screamed bloody murder! We all heard something hollering in the woods for months before, and after that. The sound wasn't like the long, low howl they give on the "Finding Bigfoot"show, but it was a high-pitched squeal; sounded more like one of those large flying prehistoric birds! All the "old-timers" that lived in the area said they had never heard anything like it! My mother wouldn't let me go outside to play all year because everyone around was terrified of this thing!
One of our neighbors that lived about 2 miles up the road found his pig ripped open on it's belly, but the only thing taken was the liver. He said it was a very clean cut; looked like it could have been done with a knife. He found long white hairs caught on the barbed wire fence close by. This was back in 1967. One day the screams in the woods just stopped, and we never heard it again. I've always wondered what that thing was! Possibly a Big Foot?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I grew up in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. When I was around 10 years old there was a very tall creature of some kind that walked past our bathroom window. It had to be at least 8 or 9 feet tall to be seen in that window because it was very high off the ground. My teenage sister was in the bathroom curling her hair when she heard something and looked over at the window just in time to see this creature walk by. It was just turning dusk, but still light enough for her to see it. She screamed bloody murder! We all heard something hollering in the woods for months before, and after that. The sound wasn't like the long, low howl they give on the "Finding Bigfoot"show, but it was a high-pitched squeal; sounded more like one of those large flying prehistoric birds! All the "old-timers" that lived in the area said they had never heard anything like it! My mother wouldn't let me go outside to play all year because everyone around was terrified of this thing!
One of our neighbors that lived about 2 miles up the road found his pig ripped open on it's belly, but the only thing taken was the liver. He said it was a very clean cut; looked like it could have been done with a knife. He found long white hairs caught on the barbed wire fence close by. This was back in 1967. One day the screams in the woods just stopped, and we never heard it again. I've always wondered what that thing was! Possibly a Big Foot?

I remember the furor of the "skunk ape" in your neck of the woods a few years ago. Perhaps a similar creature?

My Dad, who is the most down-to-earth skeptic of all time, once told me he often felt "watched" while walking in the area. He theorized a mountain lion but never got confirmation. Possibly the same thing?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Here is my experience with channeling...

When I was in my early twenties I was driving down a country two-lane road when I came upon an extremely sharp curve. As I approached the curve I heard a voice in my head saying, "STOP!" I was startled, and wondered where that voice came from, and if I really heard it. Again the voice said, "Pull over off the road as far as you can, and STOP!!" The voice was so demanding, I obeyed. Just as I got over in the grass and sat there for a couple of seconds wondering if I was "losing it", a big dump truck came around the curve on my side of the road! If I hadn't pulled off the road I would have been hit head-on, and probably killed! I about went into shock. I pulled back onto the road and stopped at the first available place (a country store) to compose myself!
I have rarely, actually heard a voice in my head like I did that time since that experience, but I get extremely strong feelings (for lack of a better way to describe it) sometimes, and I know when it's someone from the other side speaking to me, or just my own thoughts.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hi,
I have seen shadow people or whatever you wanna call them on several occasions. Once my son saw one as well. Here's what happened......

I was asleep and something woke me up. It felt like someone was looking at me. My son was maybe 2-3 yrs old at the time and he was at that stage where he was too scared to sleep by himself, so he would sleep in my room on the floor. Well as I woke up, I looked towards the area where I felt someone looking at me and I saw a blob of a shadow. My son then woke up frightened and jumped in the bed with me. This shadow seemed to float from the side of my room towards my ceiling above us and it seemed to vanish into my wall. The entire time, my son's eyes followed the motion of this shadow, scared and terrified out of his wits.

Not sure what it was exactly, needless to say, I didn't go back to sleep that night.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Keliah because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2012 by Keliah because: spelling errors

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I remember the furor of the "skunk ape" in your neck of the woods a few years ago. Perhaps a similar creature?

My Dad, who is the most down-to-earth skeptic of all time, once told me he often felt "watched" while walking in the area. He theorized a mountain lion but never got confirmation. Possibly the same thing?

Yes, I used to feel "watched" when I'd go for walks in those woods also. I remember once when I was around 12 years old I got the feeling sooooo strongly I got out of there as quick as I could. Didn't run in case it was something that would have chased me, but definitely something lurking in those woods! I really don't think a mountain lion would have reached to the top of Mom's bathroom window in that house. If it was a cat, it would have been walking on its rear legs past the window, and still not tall enough.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join