It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 249
<< 246  247  248    250  251  252 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Not good. The calling hours was yesterday, the funeral was today. I knew it was coming considering how horrible it got for her, and I hope she truly is in a better place, she was in constant pain for around 2 years, and the last few months must have been excruciating. It's just so hard to accept, knowing she won't be here to finishing watching this TV show we used to watch, to ever read the various stories I try to write, to be there at my wedding...

Thank you all for the support, also.

Another strange thing happened last night, although it probably has a medical explanation but it was FUBAR to me. The calling hours lasted from 4-7 and as one of her children I had to 'greet' (for lack of the proper term) all the friends, relatives, and co-workers as they came to pay their respects and all that while trying to stop myself from having a breakdown.

I had to be up by 9 AM to get to the funeral, but that's usually when I just go to bed due to my schedule, so I knew I wasn't getting any sleep. Stayed up until 2 AM, decided to try and fall asleep though I knew it was implausible. Eventually I try to just close my eyes and that is when the weird happened. I would see 'silhouettes' of people from the calling hours appearing in the 'darkness' of my closed eyes. It freaked me out and needless to say I didn't get much sleep at all.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaringDo

Not good. The calling hours was yesterday, the funeral was today. I knew it was coming considering how horrible it got for her, and I hope she truly is in a better place, she was in constant pain for around 2 years, and the last few months must have been excruciating. It's just so hard to accept, knowing she won't be here to finishing watching this TV show we used to watch, to ever read the various stories I try to write, to be there at my wedding...

Sorry you didn't sleep well. That's understandable. I don't know about the images you saw when you closed your eyes. Probably just such strong impressions from the circumstances that your sub-consciousness was sending out the signal as you almost drifted off into the alpha state.

I know you have to be glad it's over. I was always glad to get all the arrangements/meeting/funeral over when anyone in my family died. All the things a person has to go through right after loosing someone is just too much, in my opinion.
Now, you can relax a little. I hope you get some rest tonight. It will take a few days/weeks to adjust.

You can take comfort in knowing that when you are watching that t.v. show, writing your stories, or attending your wedding, your mom will be there with you... I promise!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I was doing the usual wander-the-internet-trying-to-occupy-myself routine tonight and one discussion I was reading led to something else that led to this and finally to something about 'hypnagogic images.'

It seems like this hypnagogia could have been what happened to me (although it's super weird that it just happened and then - not even looking for it - I looked at an unrelated thing and ended up learning what may have caused it). I obviously do not know the depths that it can go to, but from what I recall the silhouettes I saw were pretty dead on to actual people's faces I had seen like 12 hours earlier. Beards, facial features, glasses, looking enough like who they were that I could tell the identity. It was over an hour before I got to sleep after it though, and I started feeling feverish and had to turn up the fan and open the window to try and cool off before I finally passed out.

It's now been a week since she passed, no more nightmares that I can recall. The only dream(s) I can remember with her in them she looked as she did before her health disintegrated. That's... something, I guess.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DaringDo

It seems like this hypnagogia could have been what happened to me (although it's super weird that it just happened and then - not even looking for it - I looked at an unrelated thing and ended up learning what may have caused it).

It's these type of instances where you can see beyond a doubt that an unseen hand is guiding us to where we need to go.
I had never heard of that word, so thank you for sharing it. Now I've learned something new too.

If you are meeting her on the astral plane during your "dreams", then she will look healthy. That might actually be her.

Things will continue to improve as time goes on.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Namaste, DaringDo. Some wise people in times past said this, "Where ever your mind is, this is where you will be." This statement is true for people who live in any dimension. For example, whatever you think, whatever you feel during the day, your dream state will reflect that. If you felt tired, busy, negative, sad, and fearful throughout the day, you will have dreams and visions at night that come to you the same way. On the other hand, if you are peaceful, kind to others, show great love in many situations, the images you see will be calm, peaceful, and lovely.

This is also true for people who had a fulfilling, spiritual life before death. After death, the first thing they will see is a bright light that will uplift them to the next world full of wondrous life like flying little fairies, flowers that don't die, and beautiful orbs of light always following you around protecting you and giving pure love. On the other hand, if they had a depressing, materialistic, uncompromising life, they will see a world of sickness, death, and darkness.

I have entered the dream state with very dark images in my day due to the "normal" living style similar to most people on Earth. An example of this is in my room, I can see that it is very dark. But there are these plants and sometimes shadowy people standing there. They have this weird energy coming out of their bodies affecting my physical body. It made me weak and fearful. There were even water dripping onto the floor. The water was also made out of dark energy. Every drop made this loud drum sound that was chilling to the bone. It even echoed out. This made me breath really hard and choked at times. These images no longer appear to me for years, since I am now highly spiritual, which means I live in Spirit (The Heart) not with my Ego (The Mind).

Since you have been pretty emotional to say the least over the past week, it is normal to have dark images that is suitable to your current mental state. But that's okay. Through the darkness, you will rise into the light. As a single day also goes from dark to light. A 24 hour period must have night time and then day time. Otherwise, it is not a full day. Did you know that a day begins at sunset and ends at sunset? Hence, this is why the Jews have their Sabbath from sundown to sundown. The rising of the Sun in the morning is the 2nd part of the day. God created the Universe from Darkness (the deep void), and then from there, Light came about and the creation was complete.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ctophil

You NEVER cease to amaze me! You have such a gift with how you say things!
And your spirit must be very strong because I can "feel" you in each post you make, and it makes me feel sooooo good!
I get excited every time I see that you have posted in this thread because I know I'm about to be uplifted to the heights of "heaven". Your words feed my soul.

Thank you for all your contributions here. Truly awesome!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

You NEVER cease to amaze me! You have such a gift with how you say things!
And your spirit must be very strong because I can "feel" you in each post you make, and it makes me feel sooooo good!
I get excited every time I see that you have posted in this thread because I know I'm about to be uplifted to the heights of "heaven". Your words feed my soul.

Thank you for all your contributions here. Truly awesome!

You are truly awesome. We have always been ONE in the same. We all chose this planet and time period to experience this experiment we know as the third dimension. The main purpose why I come here to ATS is to help raise the collective consciousness. If a person here and there enjoy and learn something from what I said, then that is even better. Think of it as the Figure number 8. If you look at the number, you have the top portion and the bottom portion. You also have the little middle curve that joins both ends. The top part is your Higher Self. The bottom part is your Lower Self. You represent the middle. People may not know it, but the Higher Self guides you in every part of your life. The Lower Self does the same, but in Motherly Love, while your Higher Self is Fatherly Love. Therefore, your Lower Self is Mother Earth and your Higher Self is the Heavens (Stars, Galaxies, Planets, etc.). The Mother Earth is not just the plants and animals. It's also the people around you. Therefore, what you do, what you feel, what you learn, what you send out, it comes back to you in the Figure 8.

So when I say something to raise the collective, you will feel it. Because I represent the Lower Self as part of the Mother. But as I raise the minds and hearts of people, as in any Figure 8, it comes around back to me. The same applies to what you do as well. Do you see why we are ONE? When you go to the 4th Dimension, one of the first things you will understand is that YOU created everything. You may be confused at first, but it is a Truth that is God.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Yes, I understand. I hope everyone else does.

Short replies, due to getting ready for work. Awesome!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Bump, Bump!

Anyone have any paranormal experiences to share? Seen any UFOs? Heard any strange screams from the woods, etc.?

We would love to hear your story.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Hi Sled!

Sorry I haven't been posting, not much going on.
We are headed back down to the Palmer House today.
Spending two days down there.
If we catch any cool photos or EVP's,
I'll letcha all know when we get back.

Ok, I am off to finish packing the van!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
That's okay, DB. I know you're really busy with your work this time of year. I'll let you slide this time.

I hope you all have a great weekend, and I look forward to what you have to share upon your return.
You brought back some really good photos last time.

See you soon.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Last night as I sat in my living room I got a weird feeling. Not really like I usually get when a ghost is around, so I'm not sure how to describe it. Suddenly, I got chills for no reason (it was warm inside), and my cat was following something around the room with her eyes that I couldn't see. She definitely saw something! She would look at me with her eyes big and curious, as if to say, "What's that, Mommie?" Then she'd start tracking it again.

This made me feel quite uncomfortable because I hadn't felt this particular 'feeling' before.
Maybe someone spying on me during an OBE? lol

edit on 5/3/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Hey Sled, we are back.

We had no time to do the paranormal tour this time and the spirits seemed very reserved and quiet. I think it was because of the group we had and the events we had going on. It just was not conducive to spirit contact this time around, however, we still had a blast.

I looked over my photos that I took there, and found absolutely NOTHING.
That I do find kind of strange because last time we couldn't take a photo without something odd showing up.
I'm using the same camera too, so to me, that kind of verifies or rather enforces the fact that the place is haunted.
I would of caught some "Dust ball orbs" otherwise.
IMO

I have the feeling that The Palmer House is about to become a regular vacation spot for us. We have such a fun time every time we go, no matter what the reason. I certainly am not disappointed.
We were there for a wedding this time around, and the spirits respectfully kept at a distance.

The only thing I had happen was my bathroom light would turn on after we would leave the room. I had to turn it off three different times. Some of the other guests in our party did experience some strange noises like scratching at their doors and ghost knocks, but for the most part, it was all about the wedding and party after

edit on 5-5-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I have had some pretty strange and unusual experiences in my life, as well. I have seen ghosts/spirits on several occasions; had pre-cognitive episodes; seen unexplained objects, (ufo's, orbs, etc), on several occasions throughout my life. Spoken to demons/evil spirits via a Ouija board and had many, many "missing time" experiences, as well. Although, the UFO phenomena is not usually considered to be strictly a Paranormal Phenomena, I have come to believe that UFO's may in fact be distinctly Paranormal, based on some of the experiences I have had over the past 40 plus years.

I take comfort in the fact that I am not alone in stating the depth of paranormal experiences in my life; and these experiences haven't left me frightened or afraid, for the most part but awe-inspired and eager to delve deeper into these mysteries. I am ever grateful to ATS for providing all of us a forum to discuss them.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Well, at least you had a good time. I was concerned when you said you were renting room 18.

Congratulations to who ever got married.

Thanks for coming back to let us know what (didn't) happened.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lightseeker
Welcome to the thread, Lightseeker.

It IS good to know we aren't alone, for sure. lol We would love to hear some of your experiences in detail, if you wouldn't mind sharing with us.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The other night was really weird and frightening. I was sitting here at my desk and I heard a woman's voice talking that sounded eerily like my mother. There were no other girls here, but maybe it was the TV that on upstairs. Sometime after, I heard coughing that again sounded just like my poor, dying mother's. At this point I focused on the TV, and I found it was barely audible from where I was, impossible to discern much of anything. Still bizarre, but I figured maybe my mind was making something out of the garbled 'white noise' that the TV was heard as.

Then, it got worse. I went and got a drink (fruit juice, not an alcoholic beverage) from the bar room, which is just off my office area. There is a door, usually left open, from the office into the foyer, and just outside that door is a convex mirror that reflects the stairs and the front door. I can't remember if I looked out there and first saw it, or if I had sat down and my gaze drifted to the mirror, but either way, I was sitting here and staring at that mirror in horror as I saw the reflection of a strange figure.

Perspective is a little off, but what my crude illustration is showing is the view from my desk through the open doorway into the foyer, with the mirror and the closed doors into the living room. The mirror is possibly something from WW II era or earlier, my grandmother had an almost identical one, here is something similar to how it actually looks since there was no way I could give it justice without spending hours in GIMP. The reflection shows the main entrance (which is flanked by two vertical windows), some of the ceiling and floor, and a staircase at the far side of the hall.

The figure was almost all some kind of dark grey color, which helped her 'pop out' in the shadowed foyer. She was wearing a long robe/dress with billowing sleeves, portrayed in the light grey on the image, and had some kind of black cap, or maybe shawl on her head. (Similar to this garment)

At first I was scared, thinking it was someone that had broke in. It didn't seem to be moving at first, so I began to think if there had been a coat hung over the end of the railing on the stairs. (Looking at it now in daylight, I can see that was impossible, as even if there had been, it would not have showed up where the figure was) As I stared, I saw, to my horror, that the figure was moving. They moved ever so slightly, their sleeves billowed. I watched, hoping she wasn't moving towards me.

I thought of the 'obvious,' was this my mom's spirit? During that second run with chemo she did lose all her hair and may have worn a black skull cap thing, although I don't remember if she actually had a black one. She didn't have anything with those sleeves like that, though, as far as I can remember. Looking at the dress and the black cap, I thought that maybe it was clothing from a long time ago.

I don't know how long I spent sitting here, watching in terror, but I eventually texted my brother to come over for a minute, since he lives very close by. He stayed for about an hour, although I didn't tell him about the thing, we were just talking about this and that. I didn't see it after he had left, but oh boy, I dreaded having to go through that hallway to go upstairs to my room. (And you can believe I locked that door behind me, although I doubt it would be much help if it was a spirit)

In the end, I don't know what it was I saw. Was it real? Was it an illusion my mind conjured out of the shadows, then enhanced with fear? Writing about it now I am reminded of another weird incident I shared here before. One day I had been carrying recyclables down those stairs and I think I could sense something wasn't right. It was super dark, despite there being a nightlight under the stairs, and I found myself nearly missing a step and falling if I remember it right. (Should have just looked up my original recount of the event, but I don't remember how far back it would be...)

Are these two incidents connected? Is there some, possibly hostile, spirit haunting this area? If so, is she/it responsible for the other strange things I have experienced here? Like when I went up those stairs to bed, and almost as if something had followed me, the door burst open with such force it rebounded off the wall? Or the hostile presence I 'sensed' immediately after the door incident, and the other strange happenings I've mentioned here like when I woke up with my throat hurting from being choked?
edit on 6-5-2014 by DaringDo because: Fixed some typos/added info

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I was at the chow hall in Afghanistan. Camp Dwyer. We were in about our 5th month of deployment. We had just returned from a 2 week stay at a forward operating base. Myself and 5 others were the first people in line at the chow hall. We had just sat down, first ones to sit down. There were a bunch of empty tables all around us.

It was right about then that I heard someone say my middle name. This caught me off guard as no one in my unit knew my middle name. We all referred to each other by our last names. The voice came from behind me, and my back was to the larger portion of the chow hall which was, again, empty. I looked up from taking my first bite, and looked behind me to see who was there. No one.

I looked around the table, and I noticed my buddy was also looking around, and looked perplexed. No one else seemed to notice. I asked him if he heard a voice, and he said yes. He said it was a name. I asked him what name he had heard, and he said my middle name.

The oddest part, is that not only did no one in my unit know my middle name, but only my family calls me by my middle name like it was my first. I use my first name professionally, on all paperwork related to academics and government.

That was one of MANY strange experiences I had in Afghanistan.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

WOW, DD!!

I just wanted to acknowledge that I read your story, but I'll have to reply tomorrow. I worked a double today, so I slept late; No time to get into what I want to say now.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SlyGuy

Interesting.

It sounds like a family member was trying to let you know they were with you there in spirit, watching over you.

You might be interested in reading this thread about another member's experiences at boot camp. Timical wrote so many stories about what he went through throughout this thread, that I compiled them all into a thread of their on. REALLY FREAKY!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems the military has some very strange things going on at the bases!

Thanks for sharing with us. Anything else you'd like to share?

new topics

top topics

<< 246  247  248    250  251  252 >>

join