It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Ugly?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Am I ugly?

My mommie tells me I'm pretty!

but she never lets me go out

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
She's not ugly, but definitely not as good looking as me.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Not ugly, just different.
Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

6 head lol you got me laughing on that but yeah that thing is big is it not?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

That [snip]is at least an 8 head
edit on 23-2-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Kids can be soo cruel. She is not ugly, and is in fact quite pretty. But the other kids see her large forehead as unsual and worthy of teasing. My advice for her is to get some bangs and a shorter haircut. And then relax.... It may not be fair that folks have to try to fit in with the norm. But she will be discriminated against even through adulthood. The prettier gal gets the job... The bangs should do the trick.

I do suspect alopecia, but could be wrong. I hope her mom has had her checked out.
edit on 23-2-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Remember this Ad by Dove?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I think it's a damn shame that media, fashion, cosmetic and many other industries continually strive to sell such distorted and bastardized 'images' of 'what beauty is'.

I think you have horse and cart reversed. These industries merely propagate ideals of beauty that already exist in the prevailing culture.

I spent a quarter-century, on and off, in the advertising business. The people who appear in advertisements and commercials are photographed and screen-tested beforehand. The results are shown to focus groups of ordinary consumers. Anyone deemed unattractive by the focus group is shunted off the candidate list.

Screen tests and focus groups are also commonplace in film and television. Actors and actresses who don't appeal to test audiences never make the cut.

The mass-market fashion and cosmetic industries, likewise, rely heavily on market research. Here is the web site of a big research firm specializing in the cosmetics industry.

Haute couture is probably the last bastion of the Svengali, but outside that rarefied world, it is the general public that dictates what is beautiful and what is ugly.

It was ever thus. What we see as human beauty is the reflection of traits that signal good health, fertility and other attributes desirable in a sexual partner (not just childbearing but childrearing). These basic attributes are subject to heavy cultural modification ('a fat wife is a quilt for the winter,' says a Punjabi proverb) but they are not imposed by some political or cultural elite. They arise naturally over the course of generations. Mass communications may have accelerated the process, but it has not subverted it.

What would be the point of that, anyway?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The most beautiful woman I've ever known was a really awkward and undeveloped-looking girl until she hit her late teens. No one ever hit on her in high school and by the time she started flowering, the go-to opinion of her was that she was simply not date-worthy. What's weird is that even after she developed into this amazingly gorgeous woman, the guys she grew up with just never saw her in any other way than how they'd seen her when she was a skinny little pile of hair kid. I was the only one of us guys who'd grown up with her that realized the transition. That said, I was definitely not the only guy (outside of our little neighborhood group, of course) who noticed how stunning she'd become. Hell, the woman was a total knockout by the time she was 20. And she stayed gorgeous for the rest of her life.

The bitch is that she never saw herself as being pretty. She never believed anyone who told her how beautiful she was. She never stopped selling herself short and allowing petty, competitive people to intimidate her. She went from one terrible relationship to the next, and I could never understand what drove her to such personal self destruction as someone who chose such selfish, dismissive people to cling to. In the end, she died as a direct result of hanging onto a worthless, destructive relationship because she honestly believed she was lucky to have anyone agree to commit to her.

People suck. Competitive people suck more than any other kind of people. That's not a factual analysis, that's my own personal opinion. I love ripping competitive people to shreds, and I dedicate each mess I leave behind to her memory.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Kids can be soo cruel. She is not ugly, and is in fact quite pretty. But the other kids see her large forehead as unsual and worthy of teasing. My advice for her is to get some bangs and a shorter haircut. And then relax.... It may not be fair that folks have to try to fit in with the norm. But she will be discriminated against even through adulthood. The prettier gal gets the job... The bangs should do the trick.

I do suspect alopecia, but could be wrong. I hope her mom has had her checked out.

I bet that Angelina Jolie's forehead was just as pronounced when she was a teenager. Really.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Nobody could be any uglier than me.
My Dad told me that when I was born, I was that ugly the Doctor slapped my Mother ........................................then cut the cord and hung himself!

Seriously, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What one man thinks is beautiful another will think "What the hell does he see in her"? And vice versa.
Are you ugly? Nah! Someone somewhere will think not.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by elouina

I bet that Angelina Jolie's forehead was just as pronounced when she was a teenager. Really.

I seriously doubt it. This childs head in general appears to be larger than normal and to say her forehead is nothing more than "pronounced" is nothing more than you being dis-ingenious. Her forehead is extremely pronounced, her head is mis-shapen.

All of that is a real shame, because if it weren't for her strange head she could have been very pretty indeed.

But tell me..what's worse? Being honest about it and saying it out loud like I have, or thinking it her head is very odd like any normal person who views the video, and then lying about it to make yourself feel better about yourself?

It's not being judgmental. It's only honesty Ugly..no. Odd..most certainly.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Wow that clip..... wow.

How terrible. I forget sometimes what it like being young and not fitting in.

American children can be so god darn mean to each other.... I wish all these kids would get along, we are all bros and sis's of humanity.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Blame it on the parents, for not instilling in their children any sense of self worth. It really is that simple, and it is sad.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
In regards to the person depicted in the video:

From a human point of view you may be uglier than words can describe, but that doesn't say there ain't alien races out there that might consider you a perfect beauty. Just my two cents.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think she's kinda cute actually. She seems healthy as far as I can see. She should let her hair down though, it kinda looks funny that way. I see more problems with the people calling her ugly. Everyone doesn't have to be a beauty queen, everyone has some flaw. Being vain is the worst flaw of society.

I'm sure our cans think we are kinda ugly but we are good providers so our mange doesn't really bother them.
edit on 23-2-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
not ugly...... but definitely a youtube spammer.

people like this slowly suffocate the internet with their nonsense. a new video every day you say ? yay

now THIS is ugly

edit on 23-2-2012 by spaceg0at because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Ugly is on the inside too. Some people have a nice package but what is inside is hideous.

This girl could use some makeup tips and a hair do with bangs to balance a high forehead but the right makeup artist could make her look nearly like Angeline Jolie so she is far from ugly but I know some kids with the same problem. My niece is one who has these issues, forced on her by school kids who are supposed to be her friends.

Funny thing is none of these people are technically ugly. My niece is actually beautiful but you can't convince her. Ugly is deformed and misshapen and depending on the person even people with appearances that ARE deformed and misshapen THEY ALSO CAN BE BEAUTIFUL. For example: Nick Vujicic

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at
not ugly...... but definitely a youtube spammer.

people like this slowly suffocate the internet with their nonsense. a new video every day you say ? yay

now THIS is ugly

edit on 23-2-2012 by spaceg0at because: (no reason given)

Walmart has nothing on mugshots.com. The people there are scary neanderthals.
Those folks make this chick look like Miss America.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Kind of a sad topic, never pleasant seeing people with no self confidence.

However, in answer to the question, if you have to ask then i think you already know the answer........

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join