It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Mitt Romney Change His Views to Become Ron Paul's VP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hey Guys, this is my first thread and I didnt see anything posted on this yet. This was an interesting video from Ron Paul's facebook page. It is a video from CNN talking about how Paul and Romney have been somewhat friendly and the possibility of RP choosing Romney as his Vice President. With them being so cordial to one another, do you think it makes it more likely for Paul to make it onto the GOP ticket and if so do you think he will be Prez and Romney VP?

Kind of interesting Romney opened up his summer home and jet for use at RP disposal when Paul's plane broke down, and I didnt know the wives were 'friendly' with one another either.

Also, for being a strong Paul supporter myself, it did make me nervous on how buddy-buddy he is with entrenched politicians and corporate CEOs. I know that doesnt change his positions any, but it does seem as if this would be advantageous to his strategy at winning the nomination

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Isn't the more pertinent question, would Ron Paul change his views to be Mitt Romney's VP?
Because it seems very likely Romney will be the nominee. And with Ron Paul as his VP, Romney's chances of beating Obama would be very good. I doubt Romney has a chance of beating Obama, unless Paul is his VP.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by phishfriar47

Also, does anyone have any idea on how their wives know each other and became "quite close". How? Was it business related? Personal? What could those 2 ladies have in common? Where did their lives cross paths?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishfriar47
reply to post by phishfriar47

Also, does anyone have any idea on how their wives know each other and became "quite close". How? Was it business related? Personal? What could those 2 ladies have in common? Where did their lives cross paths?

Read my thread/article here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Smells like compromise to me so I say No.

The time for flip flopping is over.

These chuckleheads need to decide what they stand for and stick with it. I have no respect for anyone that does otherwise.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
An interesting question. I don't know enough about Mitt Romney to be sure of this, but if his career is going to be over after this presidential bid, I am sure he'd go for it. Otherwise, he certainly would not, just as Hillary was not going to be Obama's VP. She had other, better options, and did not want to be VP - she wanted to take the whole cake. I get that vibe with Romney too, that he would not want to settle for second best if he could do better. But maybe his political career is essentially down the tube if he doesn't win this bid, in which case, I would see him taking it because then he'd have at least a shot of getting the White House in the future.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I doubt it, his voting record and integrity speaks for itself. Plus who's to say 'somebody' wouldnt 'off' Paul to have Romeny as El Presidente? Not to mention Romney cant hardly gather more than 30% support as the GOPs clear choice and i think with RPs base that would allow Romney to be on the ticket, and possibly set him up for a presidential bid the following term. Especially after being the Champion of the Constitution's wingman.

Theres several variables and incentives that could make this good for Romney, give the american citizens the illusion once again of having their way, but really just setting Flip-Flop Mitt for a future postion of value. Also worthy to note that this could extend Romney's whitehouse visit to 16 years. Theres lots to consider for Mitt being VP
edit on 22-2-2012 by phishfriar47 because: minor grammatical errors

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Sure! They would just take out Paul and Romney be president by default. Is kinda weird that Paul doesn' go after him much! I doubt it will happen. MSM has spent to much time trying to make Paul look like a nut job, Romney supports would turn to Gingrich or santorum, and Paul supports wouldn't be happy about him "sleeping with the enemy". Although they are very dedicated supports I still think a decent amount would have some reservation on it, I would.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The Vice President is really just a standby position if something goes wrong with the President. How many times do you see the Vice President making a difference? Even asking Paul to run for Vice is a Joke. That's like asking Batman to become Robin. I would rather see Mitt be the backup plan.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Bush had Cheney for security reasons. Who would take out Bush if ol' Snarls would be stepping-in? That's going worse to worser. Paul needs someone less desireable for the establishment than himself, and someone the citizens would love.

Paul's best VP pick for all concerns would be to step across the aisle and have Kucinich as his running mate. TPTB would keep their hands off Paul, but in event of misfortune we would still have one of the very few Honest people left in Washington sitting in the Oval Office.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Of course he would; he's changed his views on every issue about 3 dozen times at one point or another. He's a flag.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Good point, I think the real question is would he consider it and would it be beneficial to him as a politician. Theres no question that he would change his position to better himself.

new topics

top topics

join