It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jews and all modern religious traditions originated in ancient India

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The John Gesture

The John Gesture (again) [what does it mean?]
Leonardo da Vinci, "The Last Supper"

Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.
~ John 13:36, KJV

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
~ John, 14:3

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Correction the aryan culture is the origin of all modern religious triditions

Btw, thanks for the film, great contribution to this thread, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

..they came from beyond the mountains of the Hindu Kush, meaning very possibly, if from the West, the region of ancient Sumeria, Mestopatamia, and the area eventually settled by Abraham who originated at Ur of Chaldea, as if returning to the place from whence they originally migrated, beyond the Hindu Kush, as Arya (civilized, refined), with the whole of the wisdom of the Rig Veda in tow, and the advanced cosmological knowledge and understanding of the Zoroastrians, the Magi from the East (Persia and India). There's a connection here, and an exchange of peoples and ideas and enduring philosophies, the common demonator, and the evidence being, in the language of sanskrit, along with the connection to Jesus via the ever enigmatic Three Wise Men from the East.

Is There A Connection Between
Ancient Indian And Hebrew Language?

A scholar finds compelling evidence for
ancient Indian influence on a global scale.

www.viewzone.com...

edit on 4-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: just because.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
for context

Modern

Ancient

edit on 4-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Kashmir

Not a bad place to go for a holiday... for a camel who's managed to pass through the eye of a needle, or a man spit out from the belly of the beast.

What utter sacrilege you say?!

Maybe, maybe not..

Maybe sometimes, you have to save the best for last..

Note the other hand, that he's not looking at, and his right lip.

Surely it takes as much courage to be a truly happy man, as it does to be a man of sorrows, that his life might contain enough joy for everyone to have a share in, including those who would die for the faith, so that they too might be with him where he was/is (eternal joy, the standard having already been "set").

And that Saul of Tarsus encountered him about 60-62 years later on the road to Damascus, makes you wonder about how a man gets knocked off a horse by a radiant ball of light, with the exclamation "Saul saul, why do you persecute me?"

"Who are you?"

edit on 4-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: because because because because beCAUSE... because of the wonderful wiz he was/is. ; )

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Some time ago I also went in search of the origins of the Aryan civilisation that influenced India. I came to the conclusion that the Aryans were Scythians, famous for their horse culture. These scythians originate somewhere in the north hemisphere and branched out or should I say were pushed out...natural disaster?

Question are the Caucasian mummies found in china aryans/Scythians?

As for Jesus, he was a member of the merovingian blood line. Laurence Gardner has traced the bloodline to a group of scythians who travelled into Anatolia before branching out. Their kings were supposedly of the same blood line as Jesus.
edit on 5-3-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Correction the aryan culture is the origin of all modern religious triditions

Tamil is much older than sanskrit( which is really a dead language)
Tamil older than sanskrit

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Some time ago I also went in search of the origins of the Aryan civilisation that influenced India. I came to the conclusion that the Aryans were Scythians, famous for their horse culture. These scythians originate somewhere in the north hemisphere and branched out or should I say were pushed out...natural disaster?

Question are the Caucasian mummies found in china aryans/Scythians?

As for Jesus, he was a member of the merovingian blood line. Laurence Gardner has traced the bloodline to a group of scythians who travelled into Anatolia before branching out. Their kings were supposedly of the same blood line as Jesus.

Jesus' bloodline can only be traced through Mary. Otherwise, I think he was half Roman (whatever their heritage was), since they were under an oppressive Roman occupation, which is why Joseph didn't refuse to marry her, while being given in a dream the name of Jesus, Yeshua, which means God saves. Poor Jesus, pretty tuff upbringing. How he handled it and what he did with it, and how he related himself to one and all, now that's another matter altogether, the guy was an absolute hero of the farthest reaching proportions, to generate the very space of a happiness which comes from above (place of perfection, wholeness, integrity and therefore, bliss) and not of this "world". Anyone who can share such a thing across time and space, with awareness, is pretty "magical" and mysterious, compelling, and above all, friendly, imo.

edit on 5-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Very interesting. And there was that King's horse sacrificial tomb they found, indicating that horses were held in the highest regard.

Can you trace the Magi for us?

I know they were likely Zoroastrian.

To find the Magi, and know their influences, is to solve a great riddle about Jesus' philosophy and understanding when combined with his Jewish roots and mysicism. He possessed a magnificient amalgam of ideas, from West to East, covering the whole spectrum, while being as cunning as a fox, perhaps even able to perform miracles over and above mere slight of hand.

In fact, part of the secondary thesis I've been putting forward here is that Jesus "seeded" his resurrection, by laying out the ritual and what would become of him, openly, and for the ears of people like Nicodumes, while remaining obediant to a higher truth (he knew he'd get through it one way or another, while quite literally walking out of his own tomb), and obediant even unto death (the left hand didn't know what the right was doing). Statements like "I tell you it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God", and "when you failed ot do it unto the least of my brothers you failed to do it unto me" and "there is something greater than Jobah here" highlight this notion. Add a type of belt (containing water and blood), a hysop (long branch) a sponge and "vinigar", a rich man with a tomb who takes the body into his custody, the non breaking of Jesus' legs (according to the prophecy), it's got all the hallmarks of a conspiracy to get a man through an ordeal alive and in tact, arranging in advance for men in dazzling white suits (friends of Joseph of Aramathea) to roll the stone away from the tomb, on the third day. "Why do you look for the living among the dead?" they said, smilingly to the women who came to treat the body..

What stops this from becoming a "sacrilege" is the idea that Jesus was simultaneously obediant unto death and could easily have died not to resurrect as the ritual commanded, to complete the whole "work" while assuming full responsibility and the judgement for all human sin and evil, as an enlightened "born again" bodhisatva (except not reincarnated but reborn from above), the son of God. To think that he also had the foresight to realize that the other half of his life would have to be filled with joy and happiness, to complete the picture and generate the space of happiness into which would be recieved his followers, all murdered to a one, is a stroke of genius and a revelation the likes of which no one has ever seen before (except people like Botticelli and da Vinci), but you saw first right here at ATS.

Best Regards,

NAM
Your brother in Christ
(doesn't matter what you "believe")

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Some symbols might have been adopted over, I mean its a star doesn't mean the religion originated. Its still possible though one could say..

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Jesus' immitation of Krishna

In Anacalypsis, The 17th century British orientalist and iconoclast, Godfrey Higgins, insisted that Christianity was already firmly in place in both the West and the East, many centuries before Jesus Christ was born. He said, The Crestians or Christians of the West probably descended directly from the Buddhists, rather than from the Brahmins. (Vol. 2, pp 438, 439.)

The existence of the Christians both in Europe and India, (existed) long anterior to the Christian era... (Vol 2, p. 202.) I think the most blind and credulous of devotees must allow that we have the existence of the Cristna of the Brahmins in Thrace, many hundred years before the Christian era-the birth of Jesus Christ. (Book X, p. 593.)
"Melito (a Christian bishop of Sardis) in the year 170, claims the patronage of the emperor, for the now so-called Christian religion, which he calls "our philosophy," on account of its high antiquity, has having been imported from countries lying beyond the limits of the Roman empire, in the region of his ancestor Augustus, who found the importation ominous of good fortune to his government." This is an absolute demonstration that Christianity did not originate in Judea, which was a Roman province, but really was an exotic oriental fable, imported from India, and that Paul was doing as he claimed, viz: preaching a God manifest in the flesh who had been "believed in the world" centuries before his time, and a doctrine which had already been preached "unto every creature under heaven." (Bible Myths and Their Parallels in Other Religions; T. W. Doane, p. 409.)

Religious historians have for hundreds of years struggled to find out how and why the stories about Jesus and Krishna, who were born 2,000 years apart, are so nearly identical.

Both Christ and Krishna descended from Noah.
The future births of both messiahs were predicted ahead of time.
Christ was descended from Abraham
Krishna was the father of Abraham (Brahma).
Christ was at once a Koresh, a Hebrew, and a Yehudi.
Krishna was at once a Kurus, an Abhira, and a Yadava.
Christ was an incarnation of Yah-Veh.
Krishna was at once an incarnation of Vishnu and Shiva.
Christ's first name, Jesus, was Yeshua.
A title of Krishna, meaning "love; devotion," was Yesu. Even today, many Hindu parents name their sons, Yesu Krishna.
Both men were born of virgins and in a stable.
Krishna's mother was named Devaki.
Jesus mother was called Mary.
Krishna did not have an earthly father as such, but a protector, named Vasudeva.
Jesus did not have an earthly father as such, but a mortal protector named Joseph.
An evil king tried to kill Christ and Krishna when they were both infants.
To protect the infant Jesus, Joseph and Mary took him to Maturai, Egypt.
To protect the infant Krishna, his parents, Vasudeva and Devaki, took him to Mathura, India.
It was predicted that both men would die to atone for the sins of their people.
As you have probably noticed, they took refuge in places having almost identical names.
Both men preached to their people.
Christ was crucified and then resurrected. Krishna was killed by a hunter's arrow and impaled on a tree. Later, he returned to life.
Christ was crucified in Jerusalem.
Some Hindu scholars think that Krishna died in Jerusalem, having gone there when his coastal city of Dwarka sank under the sea. Others say he went to Iraq.
Christ appeared after his "death." Krishna appeared after his "death."
Both of them have a major holiday dedicated to them on December 25th.
Christ had a female admirer named Mary Magdalene. Krishna had a female admirer named Marya Maghadalena.

Hindu Proof That Jesus Is the Son of God!

The Bible tells us that Jesus was both Shiva and Vishnu, for Jesus' biblical names are Isa/Isha (Shiva), Yeshua (Skt. Yishvara, pronounced in Sanskrit as Yeshwara), Kristos, and Yesu, another name of Krishna . Even in India, Lord Krishna was and still is called Yesu Krishna and Kristna. These names prove to us that Jesus was both Shiva and Vishnu, thus making Jesus the begotten son of the Unbegotten-Brahma.

mondovista.com...

Not saying I go along with all of that, but I do think that Jesus saw himself as a mirror image of Krishna, and was well aquainted with the Vedas, including the Bhagavad Gita, and it's teachings.

When placed within the context of Jewish history and the brotherhood of man (family framework), what do we get but Jesus, almost like a manifestation of Krishna returned, and the work of Buddha (release from all suffering and sorrow) completed (Passion of the Christ), while also completing the law and the prophets as a line of prophecy (and reintegration or atonement) pointing towards Jesus as the High Priest, something he clearly picked up on and adopted wholeheartedly, playing an amalgam of these roles and prophecies, to a t, as the "son of man" and of God, like an alchemical fulcrum unto himself, drawing everything and subjugating it to himself, with authority, and power.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Clue 13, In Search of the Historical Jesus

Saint Nicholas @ Nicaea

Bishop Nicholas Loses His
Cool (At The Council of Nicaea)

In AD 325 Emperor Constantine convened the Council of Nicaea, the very first ecumenical council. More than 300 bishops came from all over the Christian world to debate the nature of the Holy Trinity. It was one of the early church's most intense theological questions. Arius, from Egypt, was teaching that Jesus the Son was not equal to God the Father. Arius forcefully argued his position at length. The bishops listened respectfully.
As Arius vigorously continued, Nicholas became more and more agitated. Finally, he could no longer bear what he believed was essential being attacked. The outraged Nicholas got up, crossed the room, and slapped Arius across the face! The bishops were shocked. It was unbelievable that a bishop would lose control and be so hotheaded in such a solemn assembly. They brought Nicholas to Constantine. Constantine said even though it was illegal for anyone to strike another in his presence, in this case, the bishops themselves must determine the punishment.
The bishops stripped Nicholas of his bishop's garments, chained him, and threw him into jail. That would keep Nicholas away from the meeting. When the Council ended a final decision would be made about his future.
Nicholas was ashamed and prayed for forgiveness, though he did not waver in his belief. During the night, Jesus and Mary his Mother, appeared,* asking, "Why are you in jail?" "Because of my love for you," Nicholas replied. Jesus then gave the Book of the Gospels to Nicholas. Mary gave him an omophorion, so Nicholas would again be dressed as a bishop. Now at peace, Nicholas studied the Scriptures for the rest of the night.
When the jailer came in the morning, he found the chains loose on the floor and Nicholas dressed in bishop's robes, quietly reading the Scriptures. When Constantine was told of this, the emperor asked that Nicholas be freed. Nicholas was then fully reinstated as the Bishop of Myra.
The Council of Nicaea agreed with Nicholas' views, deciding the question against Arius. The work of the Council produced the Nicene Creed which to this day many Christians repeat weekly when they stand to say what they believe.

www.stnicholascenter.org...

Was he inspired in his Chrismas time behavior? He was also known to leave money in people's shoes at any time of the year.. why? Might he have been imitating something of the elder Jesus he knew of? Was it his way of honoring Jesus and Mary? I believe it was.

Edit to add: HO! HO! HO!

edit on 5-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: HO! HO! HO! added, appropriately.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Kashmir

Not a bad place to go for a holiday... for a camel who's managed to pass through the eye of a needle, or a man spit out from the belly of the beast.

What utter sacrilege you say?!

Maybe, maybe not..

Jesus in Kashmir

I beg to differ however, with the narrator's conclusion, that this would spell the end of Christianity, by saying here that indeed he did "resurrect" (performed the Great Work or Magnum Opus), and that while he didn't ascend to heaven in the traditional sense, that indeed he did get there, his earlthy "death" simply involving the dropping of his body, with his continual life in the light of heaven proven out by his "interaction" with Saul on the Road to Damascus, approx 60-63 years later (from the abode of light), and thus that Jesus may very well be considered "with God" ie: at the right hand of God in eternity, as the human manifestatiaon of God's love for all people. This does nothing to destroy my "faith", but instead only makes my sympathetic and harmonious understanding, with Jesus, that much stronger and more powerful, being more real and authentic.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Jesus Lived In India

Holger Kersten: "It is simply of vital importance to find again the path to the sources, to the eternal and central truths of Christ's message, which has been shaken almost beyond recognition by the profane ambitions of more or less secular institutions arrogating to themselves a religious authority. This is an attempt to open a way to a new future, firmly founded in the true spiritual and religious sources of the past".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thus begins Holger Kersten's book "Jesus Lived in India". This German book is a thorough, methodical and authoritative examination of the evidence of Christ's life beyond the Middle East before the Crucifixion and in India and elsewhere after it.

This article is a summary of Kersten's exhaustive research into Christ's travels after the Crucifixion, his arrival in India with the Mother Mary and finally his death and entombment in Kashmir. Kersten notes the many parallels of Christ's teachings with other religious and cultural traditions and suggests that at least some of these figures may have been one and the same personality. It is not possible, Kersten asserts, to disprove that Christ went to India. The current information documenting Christ's life is restricted to the gospels and the work of Church theologians. One can hardly trust these sources to be objective considering their obvious interest in maintaining the authority of their Church and its grip on the masses.

The Russian scholar, Nicolai Notovich, was the first to suggest that Christ may have gone to India. In 1887, Notovich, a Russian scholar and Orientalist, arrived in Kashmir during one of several journeys to the Orient. At the Zoji-la pass Notovich was a guest in a Buddhist monastery, where a monk told him of the bhodisattva saint called "Issa". Notovich was stunned by the remarkable parallels of Issa's teachings and martyrdom with that of Christ's life, teachings and crucifixion.

For about sixteen years, Christ travelled through Turkey, Persia, Western Europe and possibly England. He finally arrived with Mary to a place near Kashmir, where she died. After many years in Kashmir, teaching to an appreciative population, who venerated him as a great prophet, reformer and saint, he died and was buried in a tomb in Kashmir itself.

The first step in Christ's trail after the Crucifixion is found in the Persian scholar F. Mohammed's historical work "Jami-ut-tuwarik" which tells of Christ's arrival in the kingdom of Nisibis, by royal invitation. (Nisibis is today known as Nusaybin in Turkey) . This is reiterated in the Imam Abu Jafar Muhammed's "Tafsi-Ibn-i-Jamir at-tubri." Kersten found that in both Turkey and Persia there are ancient stories of a saint called "Yuz Asaf" ("Leader of the Healed"), whose behaviour, miracles and teachings are remarkably similar to that of Christ.

The many Islamic and Hindu historical works recording local history and legends of kings, noblemen and saints of the areas thought to be travelled by Jesus also give evidence of a Christ like man; the Koran, for example, refers to Christ as "Issar". Further east, the Kurdish tribes of Eastern Anatolia have several stories describing Christ's stay in Eastern Turkey after his resurrection. These traditional legends have been ignored by the theological community.

Kersten also suggests that prior to Christ's mission in the Middle East, he may have been exposed to Buddhist teachings in Egypt. After his birth in Bethlehem, his family fled to Egypt to avoid Herod's persecution. Surprisingly some scholars now acknowledge that Buddhist schools probably existed in Alexandria long before the Christian era.

More clues are drawn from the Apocrypha. These are texts said to have been written by the Apostles but which are not officially accepted by the Church. Indeed, the Church regards them as heresy since a substantial amount of the Apocrypha directly contradicts Church dogma and theology. The Apocryphal 'Acts of Thomas', for example, tell how Christ met Thomas several times after the Crucifixion. In fact they tell us how Christ sent Thomas to teach his spirituality in India. This is corroborated by evidence found in the form of stone inscriptions at Fatehpur Sikri, near the Taj Mahal, in Northern India. They include "Agrapha", which are sayings of Christ that don't exist in the mainstream Bible. Their grammatical form is most similar to that of the Apocryphal gospel of Thomas. This is but one example giving credibility to the idea that texts not recognised by the Church hold important clues about Christ's true life and his teachings.

In tracing Christ's movements to India and beyond, Kersten also discovered that many of his teachings, which have been gradually edited out of the modern Bible were originally Eastern in nature. Principles such as karma and re-incarnation, for example, were common knowledge then, and seem to have been reaffirmed by Christ. Imagine the implications that this discovery holds for Western Christianity and its churches, who have kept Christ in their doctrinal top pockets and have constrained the entire Western culture within the narrow teachings of blind faith, organised religion and original sin!

Further clues are cited from The Apocryphal Acts of Thomas, and the Gospel of Thomas which are of Syrian origin and have been dated to the 4th Century AD, or possibly earlier. They are Gnostic Scriptures and despite the evidence indicating their authenticity, they are not given credence by mainstream theologians. In these texts Thomas tells of Christ's appearance in Andrapolis, Paphlagonia (today known as in the extreme north of Anatolia) as a guest of the King of Andrappa. There he met with Thomas who had arrived separately. It is at Andrapolis that Christ entreated Thomas to go to India to begin spreading his teachings. It seems that Christ and Mary then moved along the West coast of Turkey, proof of this could be an old stopping place for travellers called the "Home of Mary", found along the ancient silk route. From here Christ could easily have entered Europe via France. He may have even travelled as far as the British Isles, for in England there is an ancient oak tree called the "Hallowed Tree" which (says local legend) was planted by Christ himself.

In his travels through Persia (today's Iran) Christ became known as Yuz Asaf (leader of the Healed). We know this because a Kashmiri historical document confirms that Isa (the Koranic name for Christ) was in fact also known as Yuz Asaf. The Jami - uf - Tamarik, Volume II, tells that Yuz Asaf visited Masslige, where he attended the grave of Shem, Noah's son. There are various other accounts such as Agha Mustafa's "Awhali Shahaii-i-paras" that tell of Yuz Asaf's travels and teachings all over Persia. It seems that Yuz Asaf blessed Afghanistan and Pakistan with his presence also. There are for example two plains in Eastern Afghanistan near Gazni and Galalabad, bearing the name of the prophet Yuz Asaf. Again in the Apocryphal Acts of Thomas, Thomas says that he and Christ attended the Court of King Gundafor of Taxila (now Pakistan), in about 47AD, and that eventually both the King and his brother accepted Christ's teachings. Kersten claims that there are more than twenty one historical documents that bear witness to the existence of Jesus in Kashmir, where he was known also as Yuz Asaf and Issa. For example the Bhavishyat Mahapurana (volume 9 verses 17-32) contains an account of Issa-Masih (Jesus the Messiah). It describes Christ's arrival in the Kashmir region of India and his encounter with King Shalivahana, who ruled the Kushan area (39-50AD), and who entertained Christ as a guest for some time.

[snipped for space]

The Synopsis of "Jesus Lived In India" by Holger Kersten was written by Dr Ramesh Manocha & Anna Potts.

More.. www.sol.com.au...

I disagree about the theology of Paul in light of this discovery, that it was just empty fanatacism, no Paul got it right and had a valid experience himself, in an encounter with the living spirit of the resurrected Christ, and that incident just so happens to occur, about 60-65 year, after the crucifixion, so it's consistent with an enlightened bodhisatva who simply dropped his body, but who in so doing did not become inactive or ineffectual, and there's the rub - was Paul's experience legit and valid. Any examination of Paul's letters shows that it is, and so the whole Christian experience can still hold water, perhaps even moreso, since half of the human experience, or preferably much more than that, is meant to contain the joy and the happiness of a life lived to the nth degree. So while I can accept easily Paul's teachings, I can do so, with an even greater sense of Christ's triumph, including a triumph over death, while still alive, and then reborn a second time (see his conversation with Nicodemus), such that his physical death would have no meaning ie: dropping the body at "death", only to set to work right away on a mission to pay that Saul a visit, while Saul was galloping madly, with vengeance in his heart, on the Road to Damascus.

Saul's riding, galloping along, fiercely - WHAM, ball of light!

"Saul Saul, why are you persecuting me?!"

"Who are you?!!!"

"Jesus of Nazara" (of the truth, or the authentic one - there were many would be Messiah's running around back then).

Paul -
(blinded by the light)

can you imagine? Looks like maybe "Santa" IS real after all, the "north pole" just an allegory for the abode-domain of infinite light and bliss.

Yes Virginia, Santa IS real!

Ho Ho HO!

Heh, reminds me of that old Coka Cola commercial. You know "It's the real thing".

Why settle for a pale immitation when you can enjoy the real thing, without any loss of integrity whatsoever. In fact, it get's even better, much much better, when we imagine Jesus, his bride at his side (that's the Mary it was, not his mother), riding out of Jerusalem in a one horse carriage, a chest of temple gold in the back, paid out to him as a type of reaparation, whether knowingly or not makes little difference (they deserved it), the dazzling white suit (more on that later, clue 14) the well dressed rich men who rolled the stone away, gave to him as a gift of great respect and admiration, Jesus, completely liberated - bells ringing out, riding off, to the trade route back to India, laughing all the way, are you kidding me? - that's frick'n AWESOME!

It's the real thing!

"I came that you might have life to the full even to overflowing!" "And as my father hath sent me, even so send I you."

and so I guess the dance goes on..!

edit on 6-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: because because because because beCAUSE... because of the wonderful wiz he was/is. ; )

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
St. Nicholas' Outburst at the Council of Nicea

Clue #14)

Santa (just St. Nick being himself, or was he doing something to honor Jesus explicitely..)

Hang in there with me, and just keep an open mind, for those who will, and check out the thread

Why did the Pope dress up as Santa?

Pulling the hat down tight
Note the special white suit (it's not just his best, but a special one just for just the occasion, when draped with the red cape.)

BBC News
Thursday, 22 December 2005, 05:07 GMT

'Santa Pope' woos Vatican crowds

Pope Benedict XVI appears to be getting into a different kind of Christmas spirit, donning a Santa-style hat for his weekly appearance at the Vatican.
At a chilly St Peter's Square, the Pope draped a red cloak over his shoulders and covered his head with a red velvet hat lined with white fur.

More...Why did the Pope dress up as Santa?

The plot thickens still more..

stay tuned...

We'll have you rolling in the isles before this is through, while recognizing the truth and the reality of the existence of the historical Jesus, in recognition of his mirth, charm, and adorable genius, and as someone who quite obviously thought everything through beginning already with the end (and the new beginning) in mind, so that suffering and sorrow could be balanced, in perfect harmony, by the triumph of sheer joy and happiness, laughter and love and liberty, to the nth degree, that's the invitation presented in "the joke" (for those who will..).

Christmas. I tell you, this year? it was one heck of a ride you have NO idea, but all is well that ends well and begins anew well, imho, and no one's any worse for wear (not even the Pope) so it's all good as they say.

May you live long and prosper [V], each to a one, this 2012, and beyond..

Best Regards,

NAM aka Bob the modern prophet.

edit on 9-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: Rudolf edit.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
And if I am NOT crazy in the least, then at some point you WILL be compelled to laugh out loud for reasons no one can fathom, not even me or you. God is the crazy one, if any one among us is crazy, there's some comfort there at the very least! Crazy funny, big time!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
So re: the elder Jesus as "Santa", my conjecture is that come winter solstice, the elder Jesus liked to dress up in a red cloak trimmed in white, in remembrance of his crucifixion, while giving presents to children to honor them, and share the joy of his triumph (Great Work), as a loving devotional bhakti. After his first wife Mary died tragically on the road and he later married his housekeeper, so the story goes, one can even imagine Jesus as a man of great passion, with the permission of his second wife of course, standing under some mistletoe in a doorway, and a line of women from here to kingdom come!

mistletoe info
www.theholidayspot.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Oh, now I am intrigued.

Okay, according to the "Table of Nations," the descendants of Elam settled in what is now Iraq and Kuwait. They started Babylonian Civilization. India was settled by a people who aren't descended from Canaan or Cush during sometime in the latter half of the Age of Cancer.

According to the Book of Jubilees, which I regard as mostly true, Canaan was to receive Western Africa as his inheritance from Ham. However, Canaan found the land of the Levant to be most desirable and settled there. Ham, Mizraim (whose wife was named Egyptus), and Cush all cursed him for settling on his Uncle's land. Ham's curse was worse than his brothers'. Ham cursed him that although he and his family will be prosperous there, they will eventually be destroyed at some later date by the descendants of Shem because he stole his uncle's land.

29. And Canaan saw the land of Lebanon to the river of Egypt that it was very good, and he went not into the land of his inheritance to the west (that is to) the sea, 2 and he dwelt in the land of Lebanon, eastward and westward from the border of Jordan and from the border of the sea. 3 30. And Ham, his father, and Cush and Mizraim, his brothers, said unto him: "Thou hast settled in a land which. is not thine, and which did not fall to us by lot: do not do so; for if thou dost do so, thou and thy sons will fall in the land and (be) accursed through sedition; for by sedition ye have settled, and by sedition will thy children fall, and thou shalt be rooted out for ever. 31. Dwell not in the dwelling of Shem; for to Shem and to his sons did it come by their lot. 32. Cursed art thou, and cursed shalt thou be beyond all the sons of Noah, by the curse 4 by which we bound ourselves by an oath in the presence of the holy judge, 5 and in the presence of Noah our father." 33. But he did not hearken unto them, and dwelt in the land of Lebanon from Hamath 6 to the entering of Egypt, 7 he and his sons until this day. 34. And for this reason that land is named Canaan.

However, Heber (Eber) who is the father of all Hebrews, we don't know where he lived exactly. Just that he had a son that witnessed the "dividing of the Earth." (Human memory cannot be discounted, but the Dividing of the Earth is not explained in the Bible -- I heard all explanations of the "Dividing of the Earth." It's simple when everyone everywhere has racial amnesia or a catastrophic phobia of catastrophe.)
------------------------------

However, Abraham came up out of Ur of the Chaldees. Tradition puts it in Iraq. As an aside, people say that the Illuminati is Hebrew based, personally I believe this to be in Error. The Luminari was defeated by the Babylonians who formed the Illuminati. The Bible doesn't talk about this, of course. Fast forward to Moses.

Moses is well known by the Hindu people. In fact, during the 40 years of wandering in the Wilderness, I bet the Israelites have been to India. It is not known that the Hindus ever had any impact on the Israelites while they were journeying. The Bible is silent about them visiting India. Like it's silent about Jesus' lost years.

However, I would bet that Moses brought the Israelites to India at some point. Maybe many times, and I bet there would be cultural exchange. After all, forty years is forty years. You would have the entire camp wandering the Wilds of Asia. As for the Babylonians and Akkadians not noticing an entire nation in exile, it is possible for an ancient nation not to notice the wanderings of another.

One other fact about Western Civilization and India:

--- Christ has been to India. The spiritual leader of the Hindus (there Pope) swears that he had been there. They call him Issa, and he was kicked out of India for teaching the Vayshas and the Untouchables the truth about the Brahmins. Actually, the Brahmins were going to kill him. The Great Sage simply left on his own.

--- Was Christ buried in Kasmir? Do you discount the testimony of the Native American people? Many tribes in North America have a legend about a bearded white God that established religion among them and set aside twelve men of their tribes to be their spiritual leader.

--- Was Moses buried in Kasmir? I don't think you will find the bones of Moses in Kashmir. Moses appeared in the Kirtland Temple and delivered the Keys of the Gathering of Israel to Joseph Smith. This would mean that Moses was, at least, resurrected. Secondly, Jesus Christ was on the Mount of Transfiguration. He saw Moses and Elijah. Moses had delivered the Keys of the Gathering of Israel to the Christ, something you cannot do unless you have a body of Flesh. If Moses had a body of flesh during the Transfiguration of the Christ, then he must have been translated. This is because Christ was the first of those to be resurrected.

---------------------------
-- To be continued.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Part 2.

As for India being the source of the Hebrews, there is no hard (Archaelogical) evidence that this is true. However, if it is true that Heber lived beyond the river of the Indus, then India's greatest contribution to the world is a people who had a penchant to settle everywhere. All of Western and Northern Europe would be Indians. The people of Indian descent conquered Greece, settled Thule and Britain, settled in North America -- twice -- controlled Troy and destroyed troy in a family dispute . . . and millions of other things.

All the while that the people who were beyond the Indus Valley was conquered by Indo-Europeans several times who called themselves "Aryans" and wrote and spoke Sanscrit. If it's true, it's a great joke. A cruel irony on the Hindu people.

Oh, and lest we forget, the rh negative gene would also be a contribution.
edit on 11-3-2012 by EltonJ because: Needed to finish a sentence.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The "Star of David" comes from a Sacred Geomotry tetrahedral design called the Merkabah (my avatar).....Sumer pre dates all that other stuff... And it was my understanding that the ancient Egyptians, with their understanding of the Mysteries, were the birth of modern religion... You know, Horus.. etc (end of thinkng capacity)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Re: Origins

I Brahman = Abraham

NAM

Like that one...keep going and you might find out a lot more...

Maybe people say AMEN is because of the God AMUN.

sHALOm (Hello in Hebrew)
HELLO

Optional S in front like --

sTORM
TORMenta (Spanish)

How much do you know about how words/letters/sounds change across languages? About how our words are formed?

Look at this -- See how P~B sound. Also C~K.

tranSCRIPt - SCRIBe (writer) - SCRIPt(ure) - JavaSCRIPt - SCRIBble - SCRABble - subSCRIBe - subSCRIPtion - preSCRIBe - preSCRIPtion - manuSCRIPt - inSCRIPtion - deSCRIBe - deSCRIPtion - sanSKRIt - SCRAtch - eSCRItor (Spanish - writer) - SCRAP (of paper) - GRAPh (paper)

speaking of writing: gRaph = gLyph (R~L + a~y substitution) --> petroGLYPHs (petro/peter=rock,PETROleum) --> hieroGLYPHics --> teleGRAPH --> (computer) GRAPHics --> demoGRAPHics

Say ...anyone know that

D is EVIL?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join