It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jews and all modern religious traditions originated in ancient India

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

and why would there not have been an exchange of ideas, from the Middle East all the way to China, and if so, might the "Three Wise Men from the Orient", the three Kings, not in fact be Lao Tzu, Confucius, and Guatama Buddha, and their three precious gifts - the three living streams of Taoism, Confucianism and Buddhism, philosophical streams of thought which also flowed out of Indian Region (the far east), via deep mediation practices and yes the deep comtemplation of the experience of Atma to Brahma (son to father? Clue 8), with China in this case presenting the FAR east or the "Orient"! That whole ragion was the east and the far east, and there is no reason to believe that those ancient historians weren't correct, that the tribe of the Jews, caucasians, came out of and were very strongly influenced by that region and it's deep philosophical depth and authentic spiritual experience, for almost 3000 years, out of which the streems of Taoism, flowed in the other direction.

have you researched into the chronology of the "Three Kings"??

Lao Tzu lived during the 5th–4th century BCE.
Confucius lived during 551 BC – 479 BC
Buddha lived during 563 BCE to 483 BCE

(The above dates/periods are just rough estimations, as per the historians)
If they livedin different eras. only Confucius and Buddha lived contemporary to each other. But they never even met because Buddha never travelled out of India.

So, how you explain your "Three Kings" to be Lao Tzu, Confucius and Buddha?
if you had researched into the chronology you wouldnt have made that statement.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

The origin of religions goes back to pre-Adamic times and Author;Eustace Mullins wrote an excellent book that he researched for over 50 years to bring this vital information to the public.THE CURSE OF CANAAN,A DEMONOLOGY OF HISTORY.Another great book is by Fritz Springmeier;BE WISE AS SERPENTS.Both of these books are full of eye opening Facts,Quotes,Footnotes and documentation.There are interviews and presentations by both of these men on YOUTUBE also.Another author to read or listen to is William Cooper at REMNANTRADIO.ORG THE TRUTH SHALL SET US FREE

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
No they did not because the people didn't just magically appear in India. Boo to New Age bull.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

You misunderstood. I didn't mean "in person", but the three living streams of their philosophy being appropriated by Jesus at his "birth" (enlightenment) compliments the Three Wise Men from the Orient who lived almost contemporary to one another approximately, yes, 500 BC. The "three gifts" representing the three "flavours" of Taoism.

Epiphany Sunday, the last of the 12 days of Christmas, is in celebration of the Three Wise Men. Epiphany..

The Magi, however, may signify something else entirely, involving an initiatory process.

These are of course speculations, since no one can know with certainty.

Just food for thought..

But I'm going to press on with this mystery surrounding Jesus as it relates to the Christian thread of this story, presuming some find this line of inquiry, involving the intersection of these various streams of human spiritual development and history, to be of interest.

edit on 24-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

The historical references I quoted in the OP are not out of the realm of possible re: migratory history of tribes, and philosophies and ideas occuring throughout that entire region, and arising from the ancient Vedic traditions and the sacred science of Brahmavidya, from which all meditation and deep spiritual contemplative traditions, arose, including Buddhism in the far east.

edit on 24-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I don't know if you've read this or not, but you might find this useful. The Rig Veda existed 12,000 years ago.

“The Celestial Key to the Vedas: Discovering the Origins of the World’s Oldest Civilization” by B.G. Sidharth

“B. G. Sidharth is director of India's B. M. Birla Science Center. He has over 30 years of experience in astronomy and science education and is a frequent consultant to astronomy journals and science centers around the globe. He lives in Hyderabad, India.”

“A leading astronomer proves that India had a thriving civilization capable of sophisticated astronomy long before Greece, Egypt, or any other world culture.”

“Provides conclusive evidence that the Rig Veda is 12,000 years old. Astronomer B. G. Sidharth proves conclusively that the earliest portions of the Rig Veda can be dated as far back as 10,000 b.c.”

“He explores such subjects as the astronomical significance of many Hindu deities and myths, the system of lunar asterisms used to mark time, the identity of the Asvins, and the sophisticated calendar of the ancients that harmonized solar and lunar cycles. Sidharth provides incontrovertible evidence that such "advanced"
astronomical concepts as precession, heliocentrism, and the eclipse cycle are encoded in these ancient texts, passages of which make perfect sense only if these astronomical keys are known.”

“Based on internal evidence in the Mahabharata and Ramayana, he also becomes the first to establish likely dates--and even places--for the events described in these famous epics. The Celestial Key to the Vedas is sure to astonish anyone concerned with astronomy, India, or the roots of civilization.”

Condensed from:
store.innertraditions.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

That's very interesting indeed.

I would like to add this re: The Bhagavad Gita, for additional context

The Bhagavad Gita

Introduction by Eknath Easwaran

Eknath Easwaran
(1910-1999)
Brings to this volume a rare combination of credentials: knowledge of Sanskrit, an intuitive undersanding of his Hindu legacy, and a mastery of English. He was chairman of the English department at a major Indian university when he came to the United States on a Fulbright fellowship in 1959.

A gifted teacher who lived for many years in the West, Easwaran explains the concepts underlying the classics of Indian spirituality in fresh, authoritative, and profoundly simple ways.

Also in this series by Easwaran are his translations of The Dhammapada and The Upanishads

Introduction

Many years ago, when I was still a graduate student, I traveled by train from central India to Simla, the the summer seat of the British government in India. We had not been long out of Delhi when suddenly a chattering of voices disturbed my reverie. I asked the man next to me if something had happened. "Kurukshetra!" he replied. "The next stop is Kurukshetra!"

I could understand the excitement. Kurukshetra, "the field of the Kurus," is the setting for the climactic battle of the Mahabharata, the vastest epic in any world literature, on which virtually every Hindu child in India is raised. Its characters, removed in time by some three thousand years, are as familiar to us as our relatives. The temper of the story is utterly contemporary; I can imagine it unfolding in the nuclear age as easily as in the dawn of Indian history. The Mahabharata is literature at its greatest - in fact, it has been called a literature in itself, comparable in its depth and breadth and characterization to the whole of Greek literature or Shakespeare. But what makes it unique is that embedded in this literary masterpiece is one of the finest mystical documents the world has ever seen: the Bhagavad Gita.

I must have heard the Gita recited thousands of times when I was growing up, but I don't suppose it had any special significance for me then. Not until I went to college and met Mahatma Gandhi did I begin to understand why nothing in the long, rich stretch of Indian culture has had a wider appeal, not only within India but outside as well. Today, after more than thirty years of devoted study, I would not hesitate to call it India's most important gift ot the world. The Gita has been translated into every major language and perhaps a hundred times into English alone; commentaries on it are said to be more numerous than any other scripture. Like the Sermon on the Mount, it has an immediacy that sweeps away time, place and circumstance. Addressed to everyone, of whatever background or status, the Gita distills the loftiest truths of India's ancient wisdom into simple, memorable poetry that haunts the mind and informs the affairs of everyday life.

Everyone in our car got down from the train to wander for a few minutes on the now peaceful field. Thousands of years ago this was Armageddon. The air rang with the conch-horns and shouts of battle for eighteen days. Great phalanxes shaped like eagles and fish and the crescent moon surged back and forth in search of victory, until in the end almost every warrior in the land lay slain.

"Imagine!" my companion said to me in awe. "Bhishma and Drona commanded their armies here. Arjuna rode here with Sri Krishna himself as his charioteer. Where you're standing now - who knows? - Arjuna might have sat, his bow and arrow on the ground, while Krishna gave him the words of the Baghivad Gita."

The thought was thrilling. I felt the way Schliemann must have when he finally reached the desolate bluff of western Turkey and knew he was standing "on the ringing plains of windy Troy," walking the same grounds as Achilles, Odysseus, Hector and Helen. Yet at the same time, I felt I knew the setting of the Gita much more intimately than I could ever know this peaceful field. The battlefield is a perfect backdrop, but the Gita's subject is the war within, the struggle for self mastery that every human being must wage if he or she is to emerge from life victorious.

Continuing..

The Gita and its Settings

Historians surmise that like the Iliad, the Mahabharata might well be based on actual events, culminating in a war that took place somewhere around 1000 B.C. - close, that is, to the very dawn of recorded Indian history. This guess has recently been supported by excavations at the ancient city of Dvaraka, which, according to the Mahabharata, was destroyed and submerged in the sea after the departure of its divine ruler, Krishna. Only five hundred years or so before this, by generally accepted guess, Aryan tribes originally from the area between the Caspian Sea and the Hundu Kush mountains had migrated into the Indian subcontinent, bringing the prototype of the Sanskrit language and countless elements of belief and culture that have been part of the Hindu traditions ever since. The oldest part of the most ancient of Hindu scriptures, the Rig Veda, dates from this period - about 1500 B.C., if not much earlier.

Yet the wellspring of Indian religious faith, I believe, can be traced to a much earlier epoch. When the Aryans entered the Indian subcontinent through the mountains of the Hindu Kush, they encountered a civilization on the banks of the Indus river that archeologists date back as far as 3000 B.C. Roughly contemporaneous with the pyramid-builders of the Nile, these indus-dwellers achieved a comparable level of technology. They had metalworkers skilled in sheet-making, riveting, and casting of copper and bronze, crafts and industries with standardized methods of production, land and sea trade with cultures as far away as Mesopotamia, and well planned cities with water supply and public sanitation systems unequaled until the Romans. Evidence suggests that they may have used a decimal system of measurement. But most remarkable, images of Shiva as Yogeshvara, the Lord of Yoga, suggest that meditation was practiced in a civilization which flourished a millenium before the Vedas were committed to an oral tradition.

If this is so, it would imply that the same systematic attitude the Indus Valley dwellers applied to their technology was applied also to the study of the mind. This was brahmavidya, the "supreme science" - supreme because where other sciences studied the external world, brahmavidya sought knowledge of an underlying reality which would inform ALL other studies and activities.

Whatever its origins, in the early part of the first millenium B.C. we find clearly stated both the methods and the discoveries of brahmavidya. With this introspective tool the inspired rishis (literally "seers") of ancient India analyzed their awarenesss of human experience to see if there was anything that was absolute. Their findings can be summarized in three statements which Aldous Huxley, following Leibnitz, has called the Perennial Philosophy because they appear in every age and civilization: (1) there is an infinite, changless reality beneath the world of change; (2) this same reality lies at the core of every human personality; (3) the purpose of life is to discover this reality experiencially: that is, to realize God while here on earth. These principals are the interior experiments for realizing them were taught systematically in the "forest academies" of ashrams - a tradition which continues unbroken after some three thousand years.

The discoveries of brahmavidya were systematically committed to memory (and eventually to writing) in the Upanishads, visionary documents that are the earliest and purest statement of the Perennial Philosophy. How many of these prescious records once existed no one knows; a dozen that date from Vedic times have survived as part fo the Hindu canon of authority, the four Vedas. All have one unmistakable hallmark: the vivid stamp of personal mystical experience. These are records of direct encounter with the divine. Tradition calls them shruti; literally "heard," as opposed to learned; they are their own authority. By convention, on the Vedas (including their Upanishads) are considered shruti, based on direct knowledge of God.

According to this definition, all other Indian scriptures - including the Gita - are secondary, depandant on the higher authority of the Vedas. However, this is a conventional distinction and one that might disguise the nature of the document it classifies. In the literal sense the Gita too is shruti, owing its authority not to other scriptures but to the fact that it set down the direct mystical experience of a single author. Shankara, a towering mystic of the ninth century A.D. whose word carries the authority of Augustine, Eckhart, and Aquinas all in one, must have felt this, for in selecting the minimum sources of Hinduism he passed over almost a hundred Upanishads of Vedic authority to choose then central Upanishads, and the Bhagavad Gita.

The Gita, I would argue, is not an integral part of the Mahabharata. It is essentially an Upanishad, and my conjecture is that it was set down by an inspired seer (traditionally Vyasa) and inserted into the epic at the appropriate place. Other elements were added in this way to the Mahabharata, and to other popular secondary scriptures; it is an effective way of preserving new material in an oral tradition. There is also traditional weight behind this idea, for as far back as anyone can trace, each chapter of the Gita has ended with the same formula: "In the Bhagavad-Gita Upanishad, the text on the supreme science [brahmavidya] of yoga, this is the chapter entitled..."

Finally, by way of further support, we can observe that except for its first chapter, which sets the stage, the Gita now only does not develop the action of the Mahabharata but is rather at odds with it. Battle lines are drawn - the climax of decades of dissention -and on the even of combat, Prince Arjuna loses his nerve and asks his charioteer, Krishna, what to do. Then what? Krishna - no ordinary charioteer, but an incarnation of God - enters into some seven hundred verses of sublime instruction on the nature of the soul and its relation to God, the levels of consciousness and reality, the makeup of the phenomenon world, and so on, culminating in a stupendous mystical experience in which he reveals himself to Arjuna as the transcendant Lord of life and death. He counsels Arjuna to be compassionate to friend and enemy alike, to see himself in every person, to suffer others' sorrows as his own. The the Gita is over, the narration picks up again, and battle is joined - a terrible, desperate slaughter compromising everyone's honor, by the end of which Arjuna's side emerges victorious. But almost every man of fighting age on both sides has been slain. Only great genius would have placed the Gita in such a dramatic setting, but it stands out from the rest as a timeless, practical manual for daily living.

To those who take this dramatic setting as part of the spiritual instruction and get entangled in the question of the Gita justifying war, Gandhi had a practical answer: Just base your life on the Gita sincerely and systematically and see if you find killing or even hurting others compatible with its teachings. (He makes the same point of the Sermon on the Mount.) The very heart of the Gita's message is to see the Lord in every creature and act accordingly, and the scripture is full of verses ot spell out what this means:

I am ever present to those who have realized me in every creature. Seeing all life as my manifestation, they are never separated from me. They worship me in the hearts of all, and all their actions proceed from me. Wherever they may live, they abide in me. (6:30-31)

When a person resonds to the joys and sorrows of others as if they were his own, he has attained the highest state of spiritual union. (6:32)

That one I love who is incapable of ill will, who is friendly and compassionate (12:13)

They alone see truly who see the Lord the same in every creature, who see the deathless in the hearts of all that die. Seeing the same Lord everywhere, they do not harm themselves or others. Thus they attain the supreme goal. (13:27-28)

Scholars can debate the point forever, but when the Gita is practiced, I think, it becomes clear that the struggle the Gita is concerned with is the struggle for self-mastery. It was Vyasa's genuis to take the whole great Mahabharata epic and see it as a metaphor for the perennial war between the forces of light and the forces of darkness in every human heart. Arjuna and Krishna are then no longer merely characters in a literary masterpiece. Arjuna becomes Everyman, asking the Lord himself, Sri Krishna, the perennial questions about life and death - not as a philosopher, but as the quintessential man of action. Thus read, the Gita is not an external dialogue but an internal one: btween the ordinary human personality, full of questions and the meaning of life, and our deepest Self, which is divine.

There is, in fact, no other way to read the Gita and grasp it as spiritual instruction. If I could offer one key to understanding this divine dialogue, it would be to remember that it takes place in the depths of consciousness and that Krishna is not some external being, human or superhuman, but the spark of divinity that lies at the core of the human personality. This is not literary or philosophical conjecture; Krishan says as much to Arjuna over and over. "I am the Self in the heart of every creature, Arjuna, and the beginning, middle, and end of their existence" (10:20).

In such statements the Gita distills the essence of the Upanishads, not piecemeal but comprehensively, offering their lofty insights as a manual not of philosophy but of everyday human activity - a handbook of the Perennial Philisophy unique in world history.

--------------------------------

So while they didn't originate from the Indus Valley, one of those Aryan tribes could very easily have become, the Jews, having appropriate the ancient wisdom.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

That tree of life of Jewish Mystical tradition surely arose and was developed from the old old Vedic meditations and understanding drawn therefrom.

coming soon - the star of Bethlehem. Stay tuned...

edit on 27-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

That's very interesting indeed.

I would like to add this re: The Bhagavad Gita, for additional context

The Bhagavad Gita

Introduction by Eknath Easwaran

I have a copy of the "Bhagavad Gita" -- are you recruiting?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Recruiting is the name of the game, I'm always recruiting, and I'm actually a recruiter in real life too!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Recruiting is the name of the game, I'm always recruiting, and I'm actually a recruiter in real life too!

Seriously? Hindus generally do not prosetylize. Are you a Hari Krishna member?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

No, I'm a hairy Christian member lol, but we're all related by the brothhood of man.

Jesus recruitment of the woman at the well + village (reframes God as "spirit and truth")

4 Now he had to go through Samaria. 5 So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph. 6 Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.

7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?” 8 (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)

9 The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.[a])

10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

16 He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”

17 “I have no husband,” she replied.

Jesus said to her, “You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”

19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

The Disciples Rejoin Jesus
27 Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked, “What do you want?” or “Why are you talking with her?”
28 Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, 29 “Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?” 30 They came out of the town and made their way toward him.

31 Meanwhile his disciples urged him, “Rabbi, eat something.”

32 But he said to them, “I have food to eat that you know nothing about.”

33 Then his disciples said to each other, “Could someone have brought him food?”

34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. 35 Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! (the townsfolk were on their way) They are ripe for harvest. 36 Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. 37 Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. 38 I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”

www.biblegateway.com...

"Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”

Recruiting is nothing, when so many over such a long LONGGGGG period of time, at least until the institutionalized Roman Church got hold of it (last 2000 years), worked so hard.

Even Jesus acknowledges that he's reaping what another sowed, and thus that he stands on their shoulders, although his re-born identity being at one with God the Father (Atma/Brahma) is eternal. "Before Abraham ever was, I am."

coming soon - the star of Bethlehem. Stay tuned...

Please keep this in mind, as a possible location of Jesus' birth as the "Christ", of his "epiphany" (enligtenment), as well as that of the actual Magi who trained him, to become the Magus and the soul of the ages, so that fate and destiny, and ancient prophecy, might be fulfilled, the law completed, and the paradox resolved.

Abraham was born in the Chaldean City of Ur, Mesopotamia, to Terah, his father. At birth he was named Abram.

Josephus, Islamic tradition, and Jewish authorities like Maimonides all concur that Ur of the Chaldees was in northern Mesopotamia — now southeastern Turkey.

Far enough away not to be noticed, but not TOO far not to be able to maintain long-distance corresponance with someone like say, his cousin, John the Baptist.. and neither too far, from which to make a return..

edit on 27-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: there is a method to the madness..

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The disciples are like huh? - then turning only to see the fields filling up with PEOPLE! WTF?! (forgive my language)

And surely Jesus, while sitting by Jacob's well, an emptied cup by his side, along with a full jug of water left hastily behind (perhaps the disciples might have been thirsty after their long trek to buy food and return? heh), must have slapped his thighs and burst out laughing, before joining his friends (food aside) to prepare to meet this rather enthusiastic mob of townsfolk approaching yonder from across the fields. Of course they were probably following the path to the well but from the disciples' perpective it may have indeed resembled for a moment a "human harvest", and, after a two day stay in the Sameritan village with all the people, that is precisely what took place, as planned the very moment the woman arrived at the well for her water. That Jesus, I tell you, best recruiter, EVER!

Makes you wonder (at least it does me) at what he taught them, what he told them, during that two day stay. Must have been fun and enlightening for one and all.

Note: While some parts of the Synoptic Gospels may not all carry the same "weight" in historical authenticity, a contextual criticism of this one, by revealing Jesus' mirth, charm, sense of humor and playfulness, suggests very strongly, at least to me, that this exchange and subsequent 2 day visit with Samaritans no less (Jews were not supposed to hang out with Samaritans, according to the "elite"), actually took place. He'd probably sent all the disciples away, not just for food, but so that he could spend some prayerful quiet time by himself at Jacob's well - so when this woman comes along for the water, recognizing an opportunity he immediately, just to go with the flow so to speak, becomes the well for her people, and so that she would indeed get to drink of his living water of eternal life, as requested.

ABC - always be closing!

Recruitment 101, by Jesus Christ.

His poor disciples though. The guy works so fast and he's so far ahead of you, you don't know what's happening of if you're coming or going!
"I have food you know nothing about."
"Who's been giving him food? We have the food. Please master, just EAT the food we brought you, please?"

Next thing they know, fields of running, curious people, from the other direction!

Yep, recruiting at its finest, that's for sure.

But were they made fools? No, they too got to reap a harvest they did not sow (while they were away getting food for themselves) and as much joy was theirs, as it was for the Samaritan villagers, and for Jesus himself, so it was really a win-win-win all around, no resignation or possibility of a counter-offer in this type of recruitment process. Just happiness, and a newfound enlightened understanding of things both practical and divine.

Many Samaritans Believe
39 Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” 40 So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. 41 And because of his words many more became believers.
42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”

A whole harvest from a seed planted in the distant past, whereby it is a truism that indeed both sower of the seed and reaper of the harvest get to rejoice together, and that's a real marvel, imo.

what does this have to do with the Clues surrounding the mysterious (yet credible) historical Jesus I've been laying down as a subtopic in this thead..?

stay tuned.., the mystery will only grow as our line of inquiry deepens, and truths, once buried, will sparkle like precious jewels in plain sight before our very eyes, and we'll see something that was always there yet that we never saw before, as more and more connections are drawn. Please trust me with the "benefit of the doubt" as they say, you won't be disappointed. There is a method here to the apparent madness, I promise.

Best Regards,

NAM
Your brother in Christ (whether you believe as I do or not is irrelevant, because it doesn't alter my condition in relation to you dear reader/friend.)

P.S. This is not about an attempt to win converts, only provoke new lines of inquiry and new insight, and to try to recover something once lost (buried treasure) so that we might bring forth from our storehouse of treasure, both something old, and something new (novel, creative, generative).

edit on 28-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

February 26th, 2012
The planets Jupiter, Venus and the Moon are seen in whats called a Triple Conjunction.

No matter where you are on Earth – as soon as darkness falls on February 26, 2012 – look west, the direction of sunset. You’ll see the moon and the brightest planets Jupiter and Venus lighting up your western sky. As seen from North America, the waxing crescent moon and Jupiter snuggle up close enough to occupy a single binocular field.
earthsky.org...

Venus. The bright morning star.

More on you and your significance, coming soon..

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Re: Origins

And on a figure on a ancient wall in India a symbol from Hinduism this word 'Omm' is centered in the connection of the triangle female symbol and the upright triangle male symbol.

The so called Star of David is not a symbol from Judaism, but a symbol form the Vedic religion of the ancient India, that is worshiping the reunion of man and wife. The symbol and the hidden meaning from Hinduism of this symbol was known by teachers of the Jewish mysticism and has found over them its way to the present Jewish culture.

Shiva is preserved in the Hebrew Genesis as chavvah ( = eve ) ( “life-giver” ) as the female life together with the Hebrew chayim ("Life").

Vedic Timeline and History
en.wikipedia.org...

The whole thing originated in ancient India, from Taoism, to Judaism, Islamic, Christian, Buddhist.

Abraham

In his History of the Jews, the Jewish scholar and theologian Flavius Josephus (37 - 100 A.D.), wrote that the Greek philosopher Aristotle had said: "...These Jews are derived from the Indian philosophers; they are named by the Indians Calani." (Book I:22.)

Clearchus of Soli wrote, "The Jews descend from the philosophers of India. The philosophers are called in India Calanians and in Syria Jews. The name of their capital is very difficult to pronounce. It is called 'Jerusalem.'"

"Megasthenes, who was sent to India by Seleucus Nicator, about three hundred years before Christ, and whose accounts from new inquiries are every day acquiring additional credit, says that the Jews 'were an Indian tribe or sect called Kalani...'" (Anacalypsis, by Godfrey Higgins, Vol. I; p. 400.)

Martin Haug, Ph.D., wrote in The Sacred Language, Writings, and Religions of the Parsis, "The Magi are said to have called their religion Kesh-î-Ibrahim.They traced their religious books to Abraham, who was believed to have brought them from heaven." (p. 16.)

I Brahman = Abraham

And so, when we look to the origins of all the major religious traditions of the world, we must look to the "Sacred Science" of Brahmavidya in ancient India, which may predate ancient Egypt.

Main article: Indus Valley Civilization
3300 BC: antecedents of the Indus Valley Civilization begin with the Ravi phase, eventually becoming one of the world's three earliest urban civilizations, contemporary to Mesopotamia and Ancient Egypt.
en.wikipedia.org...

That is where the process began, through their deep searching of a "first cause" and the uncreated creator of the unmanifested, made manifest.

"The kingdom of heaven is within."

Cheers.

NAM

It is not the vedic civilization at all. I m from India myself and the alphabet inside the star is Tamil which has nothing to do with the Vedas. Its a dravidian language and this probably goes to show that Dravidians actually were amongst the origins of the Indus Valley civilization. Vedas have nothing to do with Tamil. Period.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Christian Origins Cont'd

I'm just doing to drop some puzzle pieces into this ancient mystery, in this case relating to Christian origins (my own heritage of sorts), but in terms a much more credible and believable historical Jesus, and how he was almost certainly trained and educated outside of the priestly schooling of Jerusalem and traditional Jewish society, and thus may have accessed, in addition to his Jewish ancestry and traditions, including Jewish mysticism, other philosophical roots and streams and origins ie: via the Magi, such that he himself became, The Magus.

Here is another clue or piece of the puzzle for those who wish to investigate (and I'm not talking about the sins of the church here, or am I?).

from the discussion thread
Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

probably best, that this info is in very small fine print, because it involves a very painful and a rather heretical hidden truth about the underlying nature of the thorn surrounding Jesus' sacred heart, but it, the realization here ought to evoke in us our sympathy and compassionate understanding, not revulsion, and since God turns all things to the greater good, and transcends the duality of good and evil, He makes his grace and glory known even in the face of, and in spite of, certain difficulties and challenges, even employing them in his service, and as they say - God works in mysterious ways, by joining the fray when needed at the most, or even at the apparently least, appropriate time, whatever is required to ultimately reveal his greater glory, and his joy, perhaps especially at the expense of and/or in the face of all evil.

Regards,

NAM

edit on 1-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: the truth is better than a pale imitation, sheds more light.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hey Newageman

That copy and paste from another thread is not readable, you may wish to just link to them in the future

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
More succinctly, what I'm suggesting here is that for various reasons, in part because of the young Jesus' affinity for his love of all things God representing his missing father, and perhaps because he may have been relentlessly teased as a boy for being a fatherless child, with a different appearance - in many Roman Catholic Church depictions of Jesus (and they often know things they don't tell us outright) Jesus is shown with a slightly flatter, more ovular face with light brown to dirty blond hair, and blue eyes, while all the other characters are shown with brown eyes and dark hair, including Mary and Joseph, the disciples, etc.. I don't miss these clues, and they do start to add up - that he left or was removed from his homeland, as a child, and then returned later on, as a 30 year old man.

In light of this and other clues, it is entirely in the realm of possible and historically concievable, that Jesus made a return to Jewish society and the holy land, from outside, while retaining periodic contact with his family, and by extension with his cousin John the Baptist, who himself, in relation to Jesus, came to see that he was truly of the spirit of Elijah, making of Jesus, his initiate, or Elisha, where the double-dose of the spirit promised to Elisha by Elijah *but not given), is at last recieved (like a dove from heaven in John's vision) at Jesus's own baptism in the very same Jordan River where the Elijah promise was made many generations prior. So these two had an intwined destiny, and yet John speaks of Jesus as one who was coming [but not yet arrived.. clue 11], greater than John (more perfect), relative to whom John said he was unfit even to undo his sandle strap. Of John Jesus said "none has been born from a woman greater than John" (note the distinction of born from a women to born from above), yet that even still the least in the kingdom of heaven are even greater than he (setting his own "birth" apart from human birth).

If so, and this appears to be the case since John acts like he hasn't seen this man Jesus before, while knowing all about him, then if the Magi did not in fact arrive at the very location and time of his birth by reading the celestial signs, then at the very least they could have recognized in him and his unique position in time, place and history, and have come to take him into their care as a boy, to both raise him and educate him in the very best possibly way, to fullfill his destiny, not to die a horrible death, but to take on the sins and the sorrows of the world according to his passionate love, and thread the needle of life and death, to generate the place of heaven, and of joy and happiness, and bliss where it may be said that the more that suffering has carved into your being, the more joy you can contain, but not just for one's self, but for the sake of one and all (servant of all).

And so if they came in advance or were dispatched at the behest of an impassioned request, so they could easily have come, the Magi, from India, along the trade route first to Mesopatamia and Abraham's birthplace of Ur, and then to take the young boy Jesus into their care.

But he did not I don't think go to India, but instead in the nearby region of Ur (now southern Turkey), Abrham's birthplace, which is far enough awway to be "gone" but not so far as to retain periodic written contact, with his family, and through his extended family, with John the Baptist, with who's fate and recognition of his purpose and calling (prepare a path for the Great Work of the Ages) his own was so inextricablu intertwined, but not to far enough away from which to make the appropriately timed return (John seemed to know when he would be arriving), although if that trade route was in place which it was, then hey 23 years or so is a very long time, so it's possible he could have made a long journey all the way to India and back again, easy, but it would be unlikely in such a case that John would be so well aware of his proximity, and immanent arrival, if he was so ver far away.

And you see, these too (origins and families of origin) are the type of forces and "wedges" which could easily "goad" a person like Jesus (and his family and extended family), to be and to become who he was and what he was, while at the same time made secretly into The Magus (mind body and soul of the ages), who then comes back along the return path with the intent already, and the purpose, to intentionally, and with forthought, fullfill all laws, scriptures and prophecies, while setting in place the very standard of perfect Mercy and perfect Justice (binding all evil for the sake of righteousness), without forsaking the joy and the happiness on the other side of all sorrow and suffering ie: the promise of a happy ending... yep, that would qualify as the Magnum Opus (Great Work) of a Magus, and a fully self realized Bodhisatva reborn right from heaven above, and not of flesh and blood, but purely of the spirit, in relationship with God as the Absolute or that of Atma to Brahma. Makes me happy to think that Jesus did find his true father, and remained true to himself, even against all odds and difficulties and sorrows enough to make anyone cry, but that he might have got the last laugh, now THAT my friends is a triumph work celebrating, as you'll see.

stay tuned..

edit on 1-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

It's better that way. Not everyone is meant to know the true meaning of "The John Sign" by Leonardo DaVinci, only those with the desire to know, and the heart with sufficient compassion to accept it's significance, and it's joy and sorrow. As far as I know, no one knows what it means, but I do, and it's there for anyone who's willing to take a magnifying glass if need be to pick up and put together all these clues and puzzle pieces into a coherent historical narrative which is credible and makes sense, yet not without the capacity to be moved by it all. The disapassionate, they won't be bothered to squint, so I'm ok with it as it is. In the future however, I'll link.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
You need to read H.P. Blavatsky. She tells this story including her feelings about the Jews. Blavatsky says people have been on Earth looking up at the stars and recording planet and constellation positions for at least 8 million years. It makes sense. You must read her books. She makes perfect sense. There are even books written about Blavatsky that try to make her look like a lunatic. It is obvious somebody doesn't want you to get the real story.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
You need to read H.P. Blavatsky. She tells this story including her feelings about the Jews. Blavatsky says people have been on Earth looking up at the stars and recording planet and constellation positions for at least 8 million years. It makes sense. You must read her books. She makes perfect sense. There are even books written about Blavatsky that try to make her look like a lunatic. It is obvious somebody doesn't want you to get the real story.

Good advice. I'm not a theosophist, but they have a lot to teach. Blavatsky got much of her alternative history from India, maybe even Tibet -- I haven't read Blavatsky since college. Heavy-going as I recall -- huge books.

Edgar Cayce gave life readings from lives as far back as ten million years. Most people would reject the idea immediately out of hand. It's so far out from what we've been taught.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join