It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jews and all modern religious traditions originated in ancient India

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Re: Origins

And on a figure on a ancient wall in India a symbol from Hinduism this word 'Omm' is centered in the connection of the triangle female symbol and the upright triangle male symbol.

The so called Star of David is not a symbol from Judaism, but a symbol form the Vedic religion of the ancient India, that is worshiping the reunion of man and wife. The symbol and the hidden meaning from Hinduism of this symbol was known by teachers of the Jewish mysticism and has found over them its way to the present Jewish culture.

Shiva is preserved in the Hebrew Genesis as chavvah ( = eve ) ( “life-giver” ) as the female life together with the Hebrew chayim ("Life").

Vedic Timeline and History
en.wikipedia.org...

The whole thing originated in ancient India, from Taoism, to Judaism, Islamic, Christian, Buddhist.

Abraham

In his History of the Jews, the Jewish scholar and theologian Flavius Josephus (37 - 100 A.D.), wrote that the Greek philosopher Aristotle had said: "...These Jews are derived from the Indian philosophers; they are named by the Indians Calani." (Book I:22.)

Clearchus of Soli wrote, "The Jews descend from the philosophers of India. The philosophers are called in India Calanians and in Syria Jews. The name of their capital is very difficult to pronounce. It is called 'Jerusalem.'"

"Megasthenes, who was sent to India by Seleucus Nicator, about three hundred years before Christ, and whose accounts from new inquiries are every day acquiring additional credit, says that the Jews 'were an Indian tribe or sect called Kalani...'" (Anacalypsis, by Godfrey Higgins, Vol. I; p. 400.)

Martin Haug, Ph.D., wrote in The Sacred Language, Writings, and Religions of the Parsis, "The Magi are said to have called their religion Kesh-î-Ibrahim.They traced their religious books to Abraham, who was believed to have brought them from heaven." (p. 16.)

I Brahman = Abraham

And so, when we look to the origins of all the major religious traditions of the world, we must look to the "Sacred Science" of Brahmavidya in ancient India, which may predate ancient Egypt.

Main article: Indus Valley Civilization
3300 BC: antecedents of the Indus Valley Civilization begin with the Ravi phase, eventually becoming one of the world's three earliest urban civilizations, contemporary to Mesopotamia and Ancient Egypt.
en.wikipedia.org...

That is where the process began, through their deep searching of a "first cause" and the uncreated creator of the unmanifested, made manifest.

"The kingdom of heaven is within."

Cheers.

NAM

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
As soon as I read that I remembered the caucasians that came from afganistan.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I was under the impression that the Sumerians pre-dated the Indians.

I could be wrong.....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Sorry me no understand vedjewhism
edit on 22-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by saroncan

There may be more to this story re: Abraham and his progency, and the Magi, than we realize..

And the philisophy of Jesus Christ, on further inspection, reveals as close an affiliation with Buddhist style thought, as it does Jewish Mysticism and the Ascetic Essenian orientation of John the Baptist..

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines
I was under the impression that the Sumerians pre-dated the Indians.

I could be wrong.....

That's another tradition of the "Mysteries of Babylon" which also ran through ancient Egypt, and which would have been appropriated and "reintegrated" by Moses, an adept of the Temple Priests of Egypt, as was Plato who travelled there for his indoctrination/initiation.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What's really extraordinary, imho, is that the rise and fall of whole Civilizations which defined man's very reality and existence, turned on the appropriation and use of the philosophies stemming from these traditions, and relationship with "God" or Gods as the case may be. However, the one I've pointed to, is, I think, about man's right relationship with God as the Absolute divine perfection, of integrity and wholeness, wheras the other tradition running back to ancient Sumaria (Babylon) seemed to involve a type collusion with certain "powers and principalities" not of this earth, which appears to have come to a head at the Exodus, with Moses and his God doing battle with the Pharoah and his temple preists (who could mimick some of the very same "miracles" with thier magic) and then again at the fall of the Roman Empire, which was forced to adopt Christianity as the state religion and transform itself into the Church of Rome.

Who are you? asked Moses

"I am that which I shall be", answered the Lord God (probably in a whisper).

What interests me, in this pursuit of "the truth" is the point at which God is God as the Absolute or Most High, and not some demiuge or projection, or imposter/stand in, but the real deal, and is there a means by which such a God can be appreciated, related to and to a degree, understood. This imo, is and has been revealed through a sympathetic connection with and understanding of, Jesus Christ as the Magus and the Soul of the Age, who's Magnum Opus or Great Work stands the test of time as the rock of ages.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 22-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

"...The philosophers are called in India Calanians and in Syria Jews. The name of their capital is very difficult to pronounce. It is called 'Jerusalem.'"

Just for fun, say 'Syria Jews' - 'Jerusalem' 3 times real fast. When you start slurring, they almost start blurring into a palindrome. Very interesting post to say the least.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
After all, Abraham had to come FROM somewhere, to enter into and settle and populate the new lands.

There's more to this story than meets the eye at first glance, in particular as it relates to the very "birth" of Christianity, just keep the Magi in mind, and follow this line of historical inquiry all the way through to it's logical if not ultra-rational conclusion arrived at by the time we reach "Epiphany Sunday", we'll just leave it at that for now, that's the first clue, and one more to follow.. You aint seen nuth'n yet!

stay tuned..

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Clue # 2..

What does this represent?

Adoration of the Magi
by Sandro Botticelli, 1475-76

And I'm not referring here to The Medici family and friends, the connoisseurs of Renaissance art at the time.

www.paradoxplace.com...

And who is the bearded man, up top, beneath the ray of light breaking into the scene through the roof?

Let me tell you who it represents, for clue #3, that's Nicodemus, who was a Pharisee and a member of the Sanhedrin, yet nevertheless a close friend and confident of Jesus, who had friends in high places, including wealthy friends such a Joseph of Arimathea (clue #4). The adoration of the Magi, is his, towards them all, including the "baby Jesus" depicted there, but wait, wasn't it much later that the 12 were gathered..? (clue #5).

It should also be noted that Botticelli painted the painting with the intention of HIDING it, from anyone's sight, for a long time (on fear of severe persecution by the Church if it was discovered and viewed, and by "severe" persecution, we all know what that means). Why would such a gifted artist risk his very LIFE to paint a painting that no one would be able to SEE, rolled up and placed in hiding, for a period of well over at least 100 years, if I'm not mistaken, before it was discovered, and ah "brought to light". Why?

Intrigued yet? And is there more to the story of the Magi than Three Kings on Camels, and if so who ARE they really and where did THEY come from, and why, and what precisely is represented by the star over Bethlehem, if the story of "The Three Wise Men" is taken allegorically, and not quite literally..?

More to follow. The mystery deepens..

stay tuned..

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 23-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: there is method to the madness.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I heard some wise men from the east were connected to Jesus. They gave him some gifts. It is written. I don't think it is sacreligious to think that Jesus was a Buddhist.Tbe entire Jesus story may have originated in India but this does not diminish the power of his story. Christian, Jew, and Muslim should unite under this theory and not divide.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Ding ding ding! 100 points for you, but there's still much more to it than this, because Jesus was also a Jew, raised in the neighboring towns and villages, at least for a time, since there is no record of him as a child but a race from persecution by authority in the early days, and then one annecdote about the boy Jesus when his parents were said to have somehow forgotten all about him and lost him, when all the while he was back at temple with the Priests asking questions and astonishing them with his wisdom as such an early age - but it sounds almost contrived to me, what parents accidentally leave their children behind and forget about them completely for hours when on the road and travelling? It almost pushes the boundary of credibility, and thus making that little insert into the story in one of the gospels, appear more to have been intentionally added to establish the young boy Jesus' relationship with the temple in Jerusalem, although it's possible, as part of all the pilgrimeges and whatnot, bringing people, such as Joseph and Mary, to the temple in Jerusalem while Jesus was but a young boy.

Point being, no record of any kind in any of the gospels, of a Jesus between that of early boyhood, to that of a 30 year man walking onto the scene, to the advanced warning of John the Baptist (clue #5 or 6) exists at all, suggesting that he himself left Jewish society, while still a boy, only to make a return later, after more than 20 years! Why? (clue 7)

When we examine the Christian thread in this story, a greater tapestry emerges, yes, which intersects Judaism and Islam, And Buddhism, and Hinduism and it's outcroppings, including Zorastrianism, to the worship of Krishna (past avataric figure born out of the sacred science of Brahmavidya). Although in the case of Islam, the actual origin of the Quran, delivered, yes, by and through Mohammed, yet who himself was nearly if not completely illiterate, forces one to wonder about. After all, apparently the Quran mentions Mary the mother of Jesus MORE than the Bible itself.. which makes me think of scapegoats, especially in light of recent modern history, and the fact that Judas Iscariot was known to be an Arab or of Arabic descent.. (the plot thickens).

stay tuned and follow the line of historical inquiry...

edit on 23-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: because because because because beCAUSE... because of the wonderful wiz who was/is. ; )

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
And the philisophy of Jesus Christ, on further inspection, reveals as close an affiliation with Buddhist style thought, as it does Jewish Mysticism and the Ascetic Essenian orientation of John the Baptist..

That's what my investigations have concluded too. Jesus' philosophy brings together Judaism, Buddhism, AND Greek philosophy into one unifying coherent system. It only strengthens my resolve as a Christian to see such brilliance in one person.

But i'm not so sure that one system has a monopoly on nature. They may share ideas, and then apply them to the cultural context, but the origins all start from the same zero-point observations.

There is only one religion, though there are a hundred versions of it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ok dudes,. we got the monotheism homoginized, now what are we going to do with the polytheists?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Ok dudes,. we got the monotheism homoginized, now what are we going to do with the polytheists?

I don't know, that's all still "up in the air" as far as I know.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

i am from India and what you have quoted in your post ( i mean the reference posts/quotes) are full of crock.

The so called Star of David is not a symbol from Judaism, but a symbol form the Vedic religion of the ancient India, that is worshiping the reunion of man and wife. The symbol and the hidden meaning from Hinduism of this symbol was known by teachers of the Jewish mysticism and has found over them its way to the present Jewish culture.

The picture/photo in the quote is either of "Anahata" or The Heart Chakra.
Normal Chakras dont have the ॐ symbol inscribed in it.
Please refer to the link below to see the different kind of chakras related to Hinduism.

Description of the Different Chakras in Hinduism.

Shiva is preserved in the Hebrew Genesis as chavvah ( = eve ) ( “life-giver” ) as the female life together with the Hebrew chayim ("Life").

A pure case of Lego Linguistics. Shiva or siva means "auspicious".
Shiva is a male deity. Not a female deity.
In short whoever wrote that stuff in the quote doesn't know anything about Hindu Mythology or Sanskrit.

The whole stuff about Abraham sounding similar to Bhrahma or Bhramin or Bhraman is totally lacking proper knowledge of Hindu Mythology.

neither Flavius Josephus or Clearchus of Soli wrote on first hand account. they relied on false information that was speculated in those times of distant lands like India.

Megasthenes who of course traveled to the Indian sub continent arrived at the wrong conclusions.
Try the genetic basis for the linking between Jews and Indians. You may find a few Jews who migrated to India, but never the reverse in ancient times.

Go read this link for the etymology for Brahman

every fringie with an interest in Hindu Mythology and even Hindu nationalists all hark on the abraham=Bhramha / sarai/sara = saraswathi lego lingusitcs, without even knowing what is the etymology of the names.

3300 BC: antecedents of the Indus Valley Civilization begin with the Ravi phase, eventually becoming one of the world's three earliest urban civilizations, contemporary to Mesopotamia and Ancient Egypt.

for your kind information, Indus valley civilization has no known link to the Culture in which the Upanishads and the vedas were written. There has been loan of local gods like "pashupathi" which is considered to be assimilated into the Hindu pantheon from Local religions which include the religion of the Indus valley Civilization.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Hey Coredrill

A source for you in debunking 'lego' language stuff. Look down the pages for languages, a number of papers on dealing with fringe mis use of language comparisons

Papers

Oh to be fair, you might want to mention that you are from India...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

You may be right, re: Abraham's birthplace and origin,

Abraham was born in the Chaldean City of Ur, Mesopotamia, to Terah, his father. At birth he was named Abram.

Josephus, Islamic tradition, and Jewish authorities like Maimonides all concur that Ur of the Chaldees was in northern Mesopotamia — now southeastern Turkey - and identified with Urartu. Others identify Ur of the Chaldee as Urfa, or the nearby Urkesh.

Abram migrated to Haran, apparently the classical Carrhae, which lay on the Balikh river, a branch of the Euphrates. After a short stay, he, his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot (the son of Abram's brother Haran), and all their followers, departed for Canaan. Some commentators note that the names of Abram's forefathers Peleg, Serug, Nahor, and Terah, all appear as names of cities in the region of Haran, suggesting that these are eponymous ancestors of these communiti

let's look at a couple maps for perspective. (scroll first map for India, but keep an open mind in reading the rest of the post)

Two questions arise here. Why is the Hindu Kush range called "Hindu", and two, although Abraham was from UR in Southeastern Turkey, what was to prevent a migration of caucasians, from further east, as this poster indicated

Originally posted by saroncan
As soon as I read that I remembered the caucasians that came from afganistan.

saroncan, i wish you'd return and elaborate on this.

and why would there not have been an exchange of ideas, from the Middle East all the way to China, and if so, might the "Three Wise Men from the Orient", the three Kings, not in fact be Lao Tzu, Confucius, and Guatama Buddha, and their three precious gifts - the three living streams of Taoism, Confucianism and Buddhism, philosophical streams of thought which also flowed out of Indian Region (the far east), via deep mediation practices and yes the deep comtemplation of the experience of Atma to Brahma (son to father? Clue 8), with China in this case presenting the FAR east or the "Orient"! That whole ragion was the east and the far east, and there is no reason to believe that those ancient historians weren't correct, that the tribe of the Jews, caucasians, came out of and were very strongly influenced by that region and it's deep philosophical depth and authentic spiritual experience, for almost 3000 years, out of which the streems of Taoism, flowed in the other direction.

Jewish mystical tradition, would then represent an amalgam of concepts and ideas developed through an integration of Egyptian (and future Greek) thought, via Moses, and Eastern thought and the idea of direct, personal spiritual experience, via Abraham (I Brahim, sounds a lot like Brahmin to me..). It kinda makes sense I think, and "groks" or holds water).

That tree of life of Jewish Mystical tradition surely arose and was developed from the old old Vedic meditations and understanding drawn therefrom.

edit on 23-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by imherejusttoread

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

That's what my investigations have concluded too. Jesus' philosophy brings together Judaism, Buddhism, AND Greek philosophy into one unifying coherent system. It only strengthens my resolve as a Christian to see such brilliance in one person.

But i'm not so sure that one system has a monopoly on nature. They may share ideas, and then apply them to the cultural context, but the origins all start from the same zero-point observations.

There is only one religion, though there are a hundred versions of it.

Yes, but who trained him (Jesus), who taught him, the wisdom of all ages and the secret mysteries he initiated his disciples into as the "inner circle" of gnosis, his own Magi, as the Magus himself? Was it the temple priests of Jerusalem, I don't think so. Was it John the Baptist? Perhaps, to a degree once Jesus arrived on the scene to meet up with John in the wilderness (apart from mainstream society) "I tell you there is one coming (hasn't arrived yet) who is greater than I who's very sandle strap I am unfit to untie" a person to whom Jesus himself referred when he said "there are none born from of a woman greater than John the Baptist". But where was he (Jesus) in the interim, and where was he coming from, as if from a distance, and not yet present (according to John)?

And just who were these Magi from the East who recognized his "star" and who brought the three precious gifts to the "place of his birth". Furthmore, might Jesus have had two births, one "of the flesh" and the other, the spirit? Was he "re-born" from above ie: in an enlightenment?

And wherever he was for well over 20 years, he surely had access to the Torah, along with Buddhist style influences, and of course both Moses, who wrote Genesis, and Plato were students and initiates of Egyptian wisdom knowledge, and so in the person of Jesus, we can begin to see the distinct possibility of the intersection and crossroads (no pun intended) of all these spiritual and religious traditions, philosophies and "wisdom of the ages" teachings.

"What does it profit a man to gain the whole world (one with everything) and lose his own soul (essential character, charm, and passion!)?"

This to me represents a slight repudiation of Buddhism, taken to an extreme point of nihilism, and isn't a reference at all to material gain, wealth or temporal power, as we've come to accept the statement through our narrow and presumptuous "modern" POV.

Reborn (Clue 10)

go to 2:24 in the vid - segment runs to 5:35

Note catefully, the subtle nuances (intentionally directed) in this exchange between Jesus and Nicodemus surrounding the issue of rebirth (Clue 11, although not the most pleasant one to solve, call it the thorn around the sacred heart of Christ.)

stay tuned.. it gets better, MUCH better! By the time we get to "Epiphany Sunday" (Clue 2), you might actually shed tears of sorrow, joy and laughter (in that order), for those who will... lol

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 23-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Please refer to the below link for the possible etymological origins of the name "Hindu Kush"

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join