15 years ago, I saw an object hovering in a low altitude (maybe 50 feet) above the river Mosel in Trier / Germany. It was glowing orange-violet. It's
exact shape I can't remember, also no sound. But every time I see those orange-violet fireworks, I remember that sighting. I'm bloody sure, it was
no chinese lantern, it was much bigger than one of those. And I saw it twice; firstly moving from the right to the left covering a distance of maybe 1
km, and then coming back and moving into the direction it originally came from. The speed was that of a fast car, about 80 to 100 miles per hour.
After all these years, memories fade, and sometimes I wonder, if it just was a dream. But then again, I see it in front of my inner eye, and I know
that it's been there.
And it's the fact, that other people have experienced similar strange things, that comfort me and make me feel, that I'm not just crazy.
So thanks a lot for your reports, OP and you other ATSers!
In addition, some reports of relatives and friends:
- one friend told me about an experience she had in Poland, when she was at a great lake with her family. Suddenly several orange or red glowing
objects (orbs?) appeard above the lake. Many people watched them. When the objects approached the beach, all the people panicked and run away.
- a colleague told me about an object half the size of the moon hovering up in the sky, while she and her husband were driving through the night
- another friend told me about an object that hovered in a low altitude right above his car, when he and a friend were driving through the night. He
said it's shape was trapezoidal, and the light of it's spotlights engulfed their car. They were frightened as hell.
- another colleague of mine told about an experience during a night in the early 80ies. She awoke by the crying of her 3-year-old son who was standing
upright in his cot and screaming loud. She remembered being unable to move a limb, and also she remembered her bedroom filled with blueish ligt, (if I
remember correctly) a humming noise, and - big dark eyes watching her throuh the slits of her jalousie. Her son was so excited, that he climbed out of
his cot to get to her.
- my father saw one object the size of a gully cover hovering maybe 30-40 feet above his roof, of a metallic olive-green color. When it slowly
disappeard behind another house, he realized three more objects hovering higher up in the sky, I think they were disc-shaped.
- also during nighttime, my father saw another object following a freighttrain, it's shape was (if I remember correctly) also trapezoidal. He said it
was like some kind of "window".
- the 3rd (and in fact the first) sighting of my father was of about 30-40 glowing objects, that in the night of July 13th 1994 firstly moved in
w-formation and then in v-formation in an altitude of approximately 3000 meters also in the sky above Trier / Germany.
- A man I once met in a hospital told me about an incident, when he still was attending school. It was about half past seven in the morning, he and
several other children have been waiting for the bus, when 7 greenish-glowing objects, maybe three feet in diameter, appeared and flew through the
street. He said, he and the children panicked, and run away. This incident happened in the early eighties in Morbach / Germany.