It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Error Undoes Faster-Than-Light Neutrino Results

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is no surprise..

Like Albert Einstein did not
know what he is talking about.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PriestOfAries

In general that statement of them just trying to protect relativity, is ridiculous.

Would you like to explain why? Or are you just asserting that you are right for no reason?

As your assuming alot of people are very set in their ways

And you are asserting that they are not?

Really? That's a laugh.

BUT it is EXTREMELY hard to gather funding for anything regarding Physics that doesn't have a direct Commercial or Military application.

It's also hard to get funding for any scientific experiment whose purpose is to disprove relativity, because of the aforementioned "Set in Way's-ness" that you were speaking of.

A major Physics break through would get funding on a MUCH greater scale.

And I'm absolutely sure that those who approve government funding understand physics enough to actually understand the scientific process is amenable to change, eh?

IS this what you are asserting?

You have to realize that most of the people who provide funding have very little understanding of the subject.

Then why would you claim that they would fund something that upsets the established scientific order, when they don't know anything about science in the first place?

If they were going to lie they would lie to where it benefits them the most, not hurt themselves.

Oh... ok... I see what you are arguing now....

You are stating that the people who created relativity for the purpose of dead ending PUBLIC scientific research in physics are somehow also not perusing Physics research of their own, secretly, with the knowledge that relativity is fake.

Ok, I get why you are responding to my post like you did now.... it's because you don't understand what I am saying, and the logical implications of it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Actually, what I said was very plain and clear. You stated that their just trying to protect relativity, I named 3 reasons they wouldn't be. They wouldn't Lie to hold back their own research, people don't lie to hinder themselves. I in no way think their playing with the public, my point was exactly as I wrote it, if people are going to lie they lie to help themselves. Lets just rephrase the whole thing shall we

" Your saying they are lying to protect Relativity, which makes no logical sense because, it's very difficult to gain funding for physics research period, and by protecting Relativity if it had been disproved they would be hurting future research opportunities. Even though people ARE very set in their ways they don't generally hurt their pocket books by lying to protect the "old way". Most researchers DO NOT work in Government labs, they work at Universities, and the majority of University donors are not interested in physics research. Just as with most people who donate wings to Hospitals, they are more interested in their name being on the new building then the research.

In short, you wouldn't lie in order to make yourselves less money, or lessen your available research, if you were going to lie you'd do it in the way that best benefits you.

I don't think their lying about relativity, I also don't think their lying about their results. I'm saying their being straight forward, if a bit cautious and covering their butts. You put ALOT of random paranoia into your interpretation of what I wrote that just simple wasn't there. Sometimes things really are EXACTLY what they seem to be on the surface.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This opened too many doors in the minds of young people. And that which could come from the knowledge and simply believing and dreaming, was enough to have this squashed, so as to dumb down the masses so to speak.
However... Progress although hindered will not be stopped... nice try though fellas...
edit on 5-3-2012 by 5StarOracle because: add

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join